Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,454 members, 7,808,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1488) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2297444 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1485) (1486) (1487) (1488) (1489) (1490) (1491) ... (3476) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by patrickmuf(m): 6:34pm On Jul 11, 2019
Roland17:

I like your question. I took my time to write this detailed response so please make sure you read all of it.

The Athletico you are raving about today learned the harder way on how to become efficient and financially stable/ viable. Let me remind you that in 2000 A. Madrid was relegated and was bankrupt and not viable financially. Between 2010-2017, Athletico has sold some of the best players in the world and that list includes F. Torres, D. Forlan, DeGea, Aguero, D. Costa, R. Falcao, Diego, and the list goes on. The money gotten from the sales was used to stave off debtors who were on them because they were literally bankrupt even after they returned. The group that owned the team came to their senses and realized they needed a very conservative coach. A coach who would use very limited resources to build a competitive side that can play in the champions league, compete for a top 3 position in the LaLiga and win some domestic cups and that was how they stumble on ex-player Diego Simeone.

Diego Simeone is as conservative as they come. He is what Wenger was to us and what Poch is to Spuds. Simeone realized he needed to thin his squad by agreeing to sell some of the best talents of the club so they could survive. In the next 3 years, A. Madrid had sold some of the players I listed up there. Simeone started buying unknown teenage players like Saul who left R. Madrid at 16 to join Simeone for 1.5 million, he scouted and did the same thing with Koke for 3.5 million. Do you know how much Saul/Koke cost in today's market if Atletico decides to cash in? We are talking about 70-100 million. He also collected unwanted players like Tiago, the former Chelsea player from Juventus, negotiated with Chelsea to take T. Courtois on loan, same with Filipe who they got from Deportivo for peanuts, sold him to Chelsea for around 15 million which is a lot of money at that time and then got him back from Chelsea for an undisclosed sum which in which may not be more than 7 million. He got Arda Turan for 12 million and sold him to Barcelona for almost 40 million if you add incentives. He turned unknown players like Godin, Miranda into world beaters.

In 2014 they got Griezman from Real Sociedad for 24 million, by the end of this summer transfer window he may join Barca for over 100 million. How about Lucas Hernandez? He came through their academy like Saul and Koke and was sold to Bayern who triggered his release clause of almost 90 million even though he was injured. Oblak is their number 1 goalie, he will fetch them close to 50 million when they cash in. You still have young players like Partey, A. Corea, Vietto who are under 25 years.

By 2014, A. Madrid won the La-Liga title, made the finals of the UCL in 2014 and 2016 making close to 90 million for each finals appearance and have continued to remain competitive in all competitions while remaining disciplined. Another very important variable is the difference in the economic stability of Spain in comparison to Britain. Spain is recovering from one of the worst recessions ever in Europe, maybe behind that of Greece. This means that Spanish authorities had to make deals with Atletico to cut some of their tax debts during this period and that helped a lot. Followership is a religion in Spain and they are associated with some monarchs and well-connected people outside of their owners who have varying share percentages and are active investors.

They moved to a new stadium in 2017 I think and ticket prices got higher, higher revenues, filled stadiums and more importantly, they are strong contenders in every competition and that only means more money through improved sponsorship. The La-Liga has also restructured its TV money considering the increase in viewership and Atletico are getting a huge chunk of that money after R. Madrid and Barcelona. Atletico has one of the best youth academy programs in Europe. They are now churning out good players who can become starters or fetch them money. Their greatest asset is their players. Also, in comparison to most elite teams, Atletico pays some of the lowest wages in Europe and that is a very big way to save funds.

Who is the most expensive player we have sold in this era? was anyone worth close to 40 million? We are struggling to shed Chambers, Jenkinson, Mustafi, Ozil, and others. The players that have come through the ranks, can anyone of them fetch us 40 million? We have been out of the UCL for 3 seasons now and have not even one any trophy since our last FA cup. We can not afford to be careless in the transfer market again because money from the UCL (there is a reason they call it the "LUCRATIVE UCL"wink covered a lot of our errors in the past.
Nice one.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by wman(m): 8:52pm On Jul 11, 2019
I enjoyed your writeup Roland17.

Didn't quote it as it's long and it will muddle up the thread.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 9:04pm On Jul 11, 2019
patrickmuf:
Nice one.

Thanks

wman:
I enjoyed your writeup Roland17.

Didn't quote it as it's long and it will muddle up the thread.

I appreciate
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:28am On Jul 12, 2019
Roland17 I read Ur post and I must say it is a good one that addressed all my concerns.

I agree arsenal hasn't sold players at the highest price in recent times, but then those savings we made from the time we left highbury by buying players cheap and losing them in their prime fir want of trophies elsewhere, where did that money go?

Arsenal match tickets are one of the highest,....We made champions league for years under Wenger and got paid for that too, we've paid off our stadium debts.....etc Why are we still talking about paucity of funds?

As for athleti being having supporters who are royals, the rich and mighty....except they give donations to the club, I want to believe whatever money they give to the club will surely be in form of debt financing which the club adds more debt to the one they are to pay for the stadium. Yet they still buy a player almost 100m witjout batting an eyelid.

I don't even think athleti is as valuable as arsenal. So what exactly is wrong with arsenal?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 10:55am On Jul 12, 2019
....... Koscielny Current Situation by Ornstein..>>>>
>>>Koscielny situation brewing behind the scenes.
Decision to not go on your with team on tour was bolt out of blue. He informed Emery in a meeting that he would not travel. Emery was furious. Message got to Raul and he sent a message to Koscielny that he was furious too and not going to US would be a breach of contract and disciplinary measures would ensue.
****Koscielny replied to emphasise his stance and feelings on the matter.
****Koscielny required to train with youngsters in London Colony. If he refuses to do so, that will also be seen as a breach of contract.
Arsenal to discipline and punish the player for his actions. They will decide what punishment is required.
****Situation dates back to Koscielny's return from his achilles injury in 2018. Since then, he has been discontent and unhappy due to the management of his playing schedule and the direction of how the club is moving and how they operate.
****As Arsenal were competing for CL football, they sat down with Koscielny to negotiate a new deal. Koscielny saw a future if CL football was obtained.
****No CL football has affected the transfer plans for the club significantly (obviously).
****When Koscielny came back from his break after the previous season ended, he informed Arsenal of his intentions to leave and wanted to make an amicable decision but Arsenal rejected the idea and wants to have him as a key part of their plans for next season and expect him to see out his contact.
****However Koscielny believes there is an agreement that will allow him to leave for free this summer. Arsenal categorically deny this.
Koscielny believes there will be an offer coming in that Arsenal will deem acceptable. There is no offer on the table at this point. Situation is an utter mess right now.
****Unlike Arsenal to release the statement on Koscielny but they wanted to release the story before speculation happened/other media finding the truth and would blame Arsenal for not releasing the information.
****Arsenal close to completing deal for Saliba. Loan back for next season.
****Mavropanos not seen as a creditable option at the moment. His ability and potential to compete seen as a concern.
****Would like to sell Mustafi this summer. Under contract and no desire to leave. Likely to stay.
****Palace not interested in any player exchange for Zaha. Something major has to happen for deal to happen like sale or Kroenke investment which will almost definitely not happen.
****Looking for a box to box midfielder to replace Ramsey but no names as of now.
****Interested in Tierney. Expected to come back in for him but very quiet at the moment.
****Don't care if Koscielny statement was good or bad due to the amount of work required in the market already.
****Not sure what's happening with Bielik. Word from Polish journalists is the Bielik wants to move on.
***Chambers determined to win a place at Arsenal.
****Difficult for fences to be mended between Koscielny and Arsenal. Better for him to leave rather than not play.
****Likelihood is Koscielny will get his way and leave due to this situation.
*****Small details to finalise in Saliba deal. Agreement done. In the hands of lawyers. Tottenham and Wolves were interested in Saliba too.
****Emery previously had concerns over Nelson. Nelson needs to impress in pre-season
*****Wouldn't be shocked if we went in for Malcom with Raul's link to Barcelona.
***Arsenal analyzed Ziyech but not interested in pursuing him. Not on their agenda.
****Arsenal have to strike asking price to get Tierney over the line.
Even with our budget, deals can be done as transfers operate in installments.

.. ..... Copied
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 1:57pm On Jul 12, 2019
solomonbrown64:

Brother, nobody can tell me a club like Arsenal only had 45m to spend. They are just fooling themselves. Was it yesterday or the day before, Forbes released their ranking of the wealthiest clubs in the world, guess what? Arsenal was no.7.

We have long since paid a significant portion of the debt from the stadium ( in fact, I think we have paid it off completely) and we have the highest ticket prices in the land, and we have one of the most expensive kit sponsorship in the World, how is it possible we don't have money to spend. For finishing fifth last season, we got over 140+m coupled with the small change from reaching the Europa League final.

The higher-ups should come clean, instead of propagating the propaganda that we don't have funds. Some people might say what about FFP, my answer is what about FFP. Major clubs keep paying stupid amount of money, yet FFP did not hold them, yet Arsenal will be the 'sister Mary's obeyer of all rules.

It is their problem. One day, the fans in the UK will gather sense. Until then, they can keep funding Stan's wallet. I can Imagine him smiling every day while tapping some random hoes booooty cheesy grin ( don't mind me, let me rant).

Bros, sorry say a quote you, the entire structure of the club is pissing me off. However, like jazzed man, I will still support the club. But like a wise Nigerian, na siddon look mode I dey. Stan will not smell one Naira from me ( I know he does not need it, However, I no go give am).

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 12, 2019
MrDojo:

Brother, nobody can tell me a club like Arsenal only had 45m to spend. They are just fooling themselves. Was it yesterday or the day before, Forbes released their ranking of the wealthiest clubs in the world, guess what? Arsenal was no.7.

We have long since paid a significant portion of the debt from the stadium ( in fact, I think we have paid it off completely) and we have the highest ticket prices in the land, and we have one of the most expensive kit sponsorship in the World, how is it possible we don't have money to spend. For finishing fifth last season, we got over 140+m coupled with the small change from reaching the Europa League final.

The higher-ups should come clean, instead of propagating the propaganda that we don't have funds. Some people might say what about FFP, my answer is what about FFP. Major clubs keep paying stupid amount of money, yet FFP did not hold them, yet Arsenal will be the 'sister Mary's obeyer of all rules.

It is their problem. One day, the fans in the UK will gather sense. Until then, they can keep funding Stan's wallet. I can Imagine him smiling every day while tapping some random hoes booooty cheesy grin ( don't mind me, let me rant).

Bros, sorry say a quote you, the entire structure of the club is pissing me off. However, like jazzed man, I will still support the club. But like a wise Nigerian, na siddon look mode I dey. Stan will not smell one Naira from me ( I know he does not need it, However, I no go give am).
Na ur papa born u blood cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 2:14pm On Jul 12, 2019
Barely minutes after I posted my rant, I got the news that Spurs have outbid us for Saliba, they have a meeting with the club tomorrow. cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy Those UK fans go cry weeen this season.

Thank God say Super Eagles they represent.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 2:32pm On Jul 12, 2019
MrDojo:

...... There is this Swiss article on how we have lost so much money the last few years. I can't seem to find it now. Yes, Arsenal is one of the most valuable and profitable football teams in the world but that doesn't translate to having actual cash to spend. Arsenal is run differently than other clubs because the owner has bluntly refused to put his money into the club so we have to depend on the money generated by the club itself to do our thing.

...We started out similarly with Bayern and Athletio Madrid but can we honestly say we are the same in terms of calibre after all these years? The answer is a big no.

....We have struggled to sell players for good prices and in order to keep the good ones we have whether out of sheer desperation or stupidity, we over paid these players. It didn't affect us years past because we always qualified for the champions League but our horrible decisions are now catching up with us because now, we have been running on losses. Nearly all the money made by the club actually goes into running the club with a huge chunk going into paying the players.

....The wages on these players are the reason no one wants them and so they will keep leeching the club until the end of their respective contracts. It's mind blogging how a big club like ours is in such a mess. While I don't blame the owner for how the club currently is, I blame him for allowing an incompetent board to just can get away with destroying the club without no consequence. The cleansing started too late and now we just have to hope for the best. It's a big shame and yes we are still paying for the stadium.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:08pm On Jul 12, 2019
Am I seriously reading posts from fans on this thread that we have paid off our Stadium? Guys, read up on facts about our finances like debt profile, wages, sponsorship, etc and stop making emotional arguments.

I will spare you the long post and give you guys a clue. “The day our stadium changes from Emirates Stadium to the original Ashburton Groove, then you know the stadium is paid off”, until then we have over 260 million yet to pay excluding accruing interests.

@MrDojo, you claim Arsenal got 140 million in prize money for finishing 5th last season abi? Well, Ozil earns 350K/week, in a month that is 1.4 million for just one player oh! We have not added Miki, Auba, Laca, Xhaka etc. We spent 71.5 million in purchasing players last season, how much did we earn from player sales? not up to 7 million. Are you still following and doing the math/ accounting with me? For 3 seasons, we have players on Champions league wages yet we are competing in the Europa League.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 12, 2019
solomonbrown64:

...... There is this Swiss article on how we have lost so much money the last few years. I can't seem to find it now. Yes, Arsenal is one of the most valuable and profitable football teams in the world but that doesn't translate to having actual cash to spend. Arsenal is run differently than other clubs because the owner has bluntly refused to put his money into the club so we have to depend on the money generated by the club itself to do our thing.

...We started out similarly with Bayern and Athletio Madrid but can we honestly say we are the same in terms of calibre after all these years? The answer is a big no.

....We have struggled to sell players for good prices and in order to keep the good ones we have whether out of sheer desperation or stupidity, we over paid these players. It didn't affect us years past because we always qualified for the champions League but our horrible decisions are now catching up with us because now, we have been running on losses. Nearly all the money made by the club actually goes into running the club with a huge chunk going into paying the players.

....The wages on these players are the reason no one wants them and so they will keep leeching the club until the end of their respective contracts. It's mind blogging how a big club like ours is in such a mess. While I don't blame the owner for how the club currently is, I blame him for allowing an incompetent board to just can get away with destroying the club without no consequence. The cleansing started too late and now we just have to hope for the best. It's a big shame and yes we are still paying for the stadium.
your post is always emotional and mostly targeted at a particular person. Only one person earn above average at Arsenal and that can never be the reason we are unable to spend.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 4:31pm On Jul 12, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
your post is always emotional and mostly targeted at a particular person. Only one person earn above average at Arsenal and that can never be the reason we are unable to spend.

....This man, stop behaving like a woman and acting like a layman. What am I saying sef; you are actually the joke of this particular section...... Stay off my mention please.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 4:36pm On Jul 12, 2019
..... @MrDojo and every concerned fan, this is the Swiss report I was referring to in my earlier post and why we are getting outspent by the likes of Westham and Leicester this window.

....https://mobile.twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1145583489103945728?s=19

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by patrickmuf(m): 4:37pm On Jul 12, 2019
Roland17, I appreciate your concise post the order day however, I find it very hard to believe Arsenal can't afford a transfer kitty of 100m at least.
Payment for the stadium or player wages isn't enough to ground the club, I really don't think so, Spurs just completed their stadium and almost immediately are back in the market spending over 65m for Ndombele. I acknowledge the importance of qualifying for the UCL but Arsenal are in the EPL and courtesy of the league's lucrative TV rights deal, the clubs earns alot.
Ticket prices nko? Arsenal have a 60k capacity stadium with an estimated attendance of at least 50, 000-55,000 fans every match day added to the most expensive ticket price in the game, that's no small money.
You highlighted player sales as a reason why other clubs are doing so well, but within this period, Arsenal have sold Fabregas, Adebayo, Nasri, Song, Van Persei, Hleb, Gabriel Paulista etc not for world record fees but for over 150-200m that's not bad if you ask me.

I might be a rival fan but I am concerned about Arsenal and their sudden fall, it is just shocking.

5 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 4:39pm On Jul 12, 2019
....Oga patrickmuf, kindly visit that link up there and you will your answer, at least, some part of it.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 12, 2019
How many players earn above 150k at Arsenal this is below average for most top clubs. Let’s say Ozil earns 300k, 150k above average multiply the additional 150k by 52 weeks a year that’ll give u 7.8million pounds. According to you that’s why we are broke. 7.8 million that can hardly sign a goalie in the current window. Keep typing nonsense thinking you are making sense.
solomonbrown64:

....This man, stop behaving like a woman and acting like a layman. What am I saying sef; you are actually the joke of this particular section...... Stay off my mention please.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 12, 2019
Solomonbrown64 attached is the wage bill of Arsenal players as at May. I do not think anyone has been given an improved contract. Now state categorically which player the club want gone, how their wage is the hindering factor and how the excess wage is hindering us from signing players.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 5:08pm On Jul 12, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
How many players earn above 150k at Arsenal this is below average for most top clubs. Let’s say Ozil earns 300k, 150k above average multiply the additional 150k by 52 weeks a year that’ll give u 7.8million pounds. According to you that’s why we are broke. 7.8 million that can hardly sign a goalie in the current window. Keep typing nonsense thinking you are making sense.

..... Is Ozil the only player in the club and do you see anywhere I mentioned your lover in my post? High wages is the reason we can't sell players was what I posted. I didn't mention Ozil or anything like that.

....I also mentioned that failure to qualify for champions League have finally caught up with us, which is why a huge chunk of the limiting revenue generated is going into the wages of players. What is so difficult in my post to understand??

... It's either you are on your drugs or you have serious comprehension issues which is surprising because my grammar is simple enough.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by TLona1: 5:09pm On Jul 12, 2019
So this place still exist? Nawa o

Just came to say hi anyway cool

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 12, 2019
solomonbrown64:

..... Is Ozil the only player in the club and do you see anywhere I mentioned your lover in my post? High wages is the reason we can't sell players was what I posted. I didn't mention Ozil or anything like that.

....I also mentioned that failure to qualify for champions League have finally caught up with us, which is why a huge chunk of the limiting revenue generated is going into the wages of players. What is so difficult in my post to understand??

... It's either you are on your drugs or you have serious comprehension issues which is surprising because my grammar is simple enough.
all these can never be the reason we can’t budget 100Million on a window. I will never agree.
if u tell me whatever the club makes is invested elsewhere I might agree. Even mid table clubs are signing players but Arsenal can’t?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 5:30pm On Jul 12, 2019
patrickmuf:
Roland17, I appreciate your concise post the order day however, I find it very hard to believe Arsenal can't afford a transfer kitty of 100m at least.
Payment for the stadium or player wages isn't enough to ground the club, I really don't think so, Spurs just completed their stadium and almost immediately are back in the market spending over 65m for Ndombele. I acknowledge the importance of qualifying for the UCL but Arsenal are in the EPL and courtesy of the league's lucrative TV rights deal, the clubs earns alot.
Ticket prices nko? Arsenal have a 60k capacity stadium with an estimated attendance of at least 50, 000-55,000 fans every match day added to the most expensive ticket price in the game, that's no small money.
You highlighted player sales as a reason why other clubs are doing so well, but within this period, Arsenal have sold Fabregas, Adebayo, Nasri, Song, Van Persei, Hleb, Gabriel Paulista etc not for world record fees but for over 150-200m that's not bad if you ask me.

I might be a rival fan but I am concerned about Arsenal and their sudden fall, it is just shocking.

Baba, firstly, I must appreciate your interest and respectful arguments regarding the current state of Arsenal, it is quite rare, particularly on this forum. You have combined player sales from 2008 through till now and that is not how finances work because variables like inflation cost over time, income, loss, economy, interest rates and others change over time.

Also, Spuds are perhaps not the best to use as an example to compare. Do you know Spuds have been inactive in the transfer window for 2 straight windows before now? Last transfer they did not spend a dime, the season before that they were gathering getting free transfers. Do you also know that Spuds have the lowest player wage in the top 6? Yet they have remained in the UCL for 4 seasons now while finishing in the top 4 and ahead of Arsenal?

@kokaneprodigy is right on the money about singling out one player to heap the blame on because that would be untrue. Ozil is not the single reason we are broke, we made a lot of dangerous and reckless financial decisions does not match our reality. My take on Ozil is clear on this thread. He is one of my favorite Arsenal players and I have defended him and will continue to but he has no respect for Emery and I don't condone disrespect of authority, consequently, he needs another place. Furthermore, his style of play does not match Emery's tactics and style.

Below is another article I found interesting that helps anyone understand the situation.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jan/18/arsenal-era-austerity-emery-finance-stan-kroenke-champions-league

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:37pm On Jul 12, 2019
Roland17...
I saw your post in response to the question why Arsenal has a low budget considering that a club like Atletico is doing better despite their new stadium.

I followed through and completely bought your ideas on the issue.

But just to add, our inability to develop a philosophy on player transfer (and stick to it is the biggest problem we have).

We seem to be a confused bunch, jiggling between being a selling club and a keeping club.

If we are going to be a selling club, then we sell our best players while allowing others to develop. If not, we bring out money and buy the best thereby forcing the weak ones out.

But Lo, in attempt to offload baggage we sell of potentials and keep dead woods. When we sign, we sign rejects.

The result, is what we are facing right now.

My suggestion?
If we can't cough out enough money to sign quality, then let's be a selling club. Be an Ajax, or Atletico. Fans we understand, respect and support the effort.
This season

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 5:37pm On Jul 12, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
Solomonbrown64 attached is the wage bill of Arsenal players as at May. I do not think anyone has been given an improved contract. Now state categorically which player the club want gone, how their wage is the hindering factor and how the excess wage is hindering us from signing players.

..... Click on the link I posted and see why we have a low transfer budget this summer, which actually tallies with my post.

...As to your question, We have a wage bill that's above 240m pounds which is going to affect a team that's not in the champions League which is my point.

....Ozil = 350 × 52 weeks = 18.2m ....he still has two years on his contract, which translates to 36.4 million pounds

....Mkhi = 180k × 52 = 9.36m

.... Kolasinac = 119.5k × 52 = 6.21m

Jenkinson =. 45k × 52 = 2.34m
..... Mustafi = 90k × 52 = 4.68m, he still has two years on his contract, which equals = 9.36m

....Total amount = 63,560,000m pounds.

...So you want to tell me that if we have this amount removed from our wage bill by selling these players, it won't affect the club's transfer budget. Is that what you are trying to tell me, Mr. Prodigy ?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 12, 2019
Roland17:

Baba, firstly, I must appreciate your interest and respectful arguments regarding the current state of Arsenal, it is quite rare, particularly on this forum. You have combined player sales from 2008 through till now and that is not how finances work because of variables like inflation cost over time, income, loss, economy, interest rates and other change over time. Also, Spuds are perhaps not the best to use as an example to compare. Do you know Spuds have been inactive in the transfer window for 2 straight windows before now? Last transfer they did not spend a dime, the season before that they were gathering getting free transfers. Do you also know that Spuds have the lowest player wage in the top 6? Yet they have remained in the UCL for 4 seasons now while finishing in the top 4 and ahead of Arsenal?

@kokaneprodigy is right on the money about singling out one player to heap the blame on because that would be untrue. Ozil is not the single reason we are broke, we made a lot of dangerous and reckless financial decisions does not match our reality. My take on Ozil is clear on this thread. He is one of my favorite Arsenal players and I have defended him and will continue to but he has no respect for Emery and I don't condone disrespect of authority, consequently, he needs another place. Furthermore, his style of play does not match Emery's tactics and style.

Below is another article I found interesting that helps anyone understand the situation.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jan/18/arsenal-era-austerity-emery-finance-stan-kroenke-champions-league

If you believe a player style of play ain’t what u fancy or u feel it’s dragging back performance fine. I was personally out on Giroud for his mediocrity and wanted him out but you won’t see me blame him for Walcot’s underperformance, or Chamberlains abysmal performance neither will you catch me blaming him for our inactivity in the transfer window those years. What we have now are mostly emotional rants, peeps here have blamed Ozil for Torreira’s dip in form, blamed him for Guendouzi’s slow growth, blamed him for Iwobi’s weak shots. Now he is to share the blame for our transfer policy. If You can’t impregnate your wife it’s Ozil it’s becoming nauseating.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 5:45pm On Jul 12, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
all these can never be the reason we can’t budget 100Million on a window. I will never agree.
if u tell me whatever the club makes is invested elsewhere I might agree. Even mid table clubs are signing players but Arsenal can’t?

..... Which is why I have asked you to open that link and see why we are getting outspent by the mid table clubs.

...Yes, wages didn't affect us before because money was coming in from champions League but we no longer have that and so naturally, the wage bill will affect us now. That's my point.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 12, 2019
solomonbrown64:

..... Click on the link I posted and see why we have a low transfer budget this summer, which actually tallies with my post.

...As to your question, We have a wage bill that's above 240m pounds which is going to affect a team that's not in the champions League which is my point.

....Ozil = 350 × 52 weeks = 18.2m ....he still has two years on his contract, which translates to 36.4 million pounds

....Mkhi = 180k × 52 = 9.36m

.... Kolasinac = 119.5k × 52 = 6.21m

Jenkinson =. 45k × 52 = 2.34m
..... Mustafi = 90k × 52 = 4.68m, he still has two years on his contract, which equals = 9.36m

....Total amount = 63,560,000m pounds.

...So you want to tell me that if we have this amount removed from our wage bill by selling these players, it won't affect the club's transfer budget. Is that what you are trying to tell me, Mr. Prodigy ?
wage bills of 45, 90 and 119 are high even 180k ain’t high in this current dispensation. Meanwhile neither the club nor Emery has come forward to say this player or that player ain’t in his plans.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 6:00pm On Jul 12, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
wage bills of 45, 90 and 119 are high even 180k ain’t high in this current dispensation. Meanwhile neither the club nor Emery has come forward to say this player or that player ain’t in his plans.

....Lol, what an answer.. Okay oh Mr. Prodigy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 12, 2019
solomonbrown64:

....Lol, what an answer.. Okay oh Mr. Prodigy
no it’s not funny. How do u keep or even sign good players on a wage bill below 45k.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:09pm On Jul 12, 2019
Mustafi earns 90k just to play trash cry cry
Eh God
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 6:12pm On Jul 12, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
no it’s not funny. How do u keep or even sign good players on a wage bill below 45k.

....Oh, that answer is funny. How much is Jota earning? How about Wilson who was better than Lacazette last season, how much does he earn?

...Zaha earns 130k, Christian Eriksen earns 75k, Robertson of Liverpool earns 50k, Mane earns 90k ... Toby of Tottenham earns 80k.... These are all quality players but look at their earnings. Compare that to the mediocre players on our payroll who are no where in quality to the players above and the reason why we can't seem to sell them won't be far off.

....So, yes, once again, your answer was funny.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:17pm On Jul 12, 2019
solomonbrown64:

....Oh, that answer is funny. How much is Jota earning? How about Wilson who was better than Lacazette last season, how much does he earn?

...Zaha earns 130k, Christian Eriksen earns 75k, Robertson of Liverpool earns 50k, Mane earns 90k ... Toby of Tottenham earns 80k.... These are all quality players but look at their earnings. Compare that to the mediocre players on our payroll who are no where in quality to the players above and the reason why we can't seem to sell them won't be far off.

....So, yes, once again, your answer was funny.
mustafi 90k , ozil 350k
Kola 120k just imagine cry cry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:18pm On Jul 12, 2019
iamoyindamola:
Mustafi earns 90k just to play trash cry cry
Eh God

Your MCM angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (1485) (1486) (1487) (1488) (1489) (1490) (1491) ... (3476) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: MSGAMBLE9, PendragonVII and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.