Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1536) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2297065 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1533) (1534) (1535) (1536) (1537) (1538) (1539) ... (3475) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 21, 2019
Isn't it here I read someone say we are missing Giroud, and I was even told he has the right to do scorpion king celebration after scoring in a game against a bottom half team where we were trailing and time was running out.

Take it or leave it Not everyone is comfortable with mediocrity. If I don’t agree with u it can never be same as trolling.

Some criticized Auba here to an extent of saying he should be sold despite scoring more goals than our strikers in years and putting our name out there for golden boot no one tagged them trolling their own.

Others criticize Mustafi despite brilliant stats no one tagged them trolls they even said stats don’t tell the whole story, same peeps will bring abysmal stats like 1 tackle in 90mins+ for a DM to defend Guen and and want u to start worshiping him. If this is not double standards I wonder what is.

I’ll criticize any player I need to criticize be it on this forum, other forums or one on one convo, and Guen is one of them If uve got emotional attachment with Guen that’s ur problem not mine.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Hardetayour: 11:26pm On Aug 21, 2019
sod09:
main reason i don't like that jerry curl boy, he slow down attack, passes sideways, try to get fouls when we never good on set pieces. Sometimes i just tire for their ball, the only good thing is we now press but we get tired doing that
If u see Guendouzi for real life, u go kill am o
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 2:34am On Aug 22, 2019
Nawa oo shocked
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:12am On Aug 22, 2019
Make Una calm down. Make all of una go mosque go drink omi inú age grin

No let that yeye French boy who is probably somewhere lashing olosho make una fight ó.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:35am On Aug 22, 2019
My take on the Guendouzi issue is this: Guendouzi is no different from them Ramsey and Co when them first start. Ramsey to me was like one of the shittiest players back then. He interferes in other people's balls, he wants to touch the ball everywhere on the pitch, he does some stupid unnecessary skills, he will even play stupid shots when he needs not to. At a point I always gets frustrated watching him play, wondering why arsenal is so unfortunate to have such player who wouldn't just play basic and complement others instead of trying to be everywhere and end up being caught out of position.

But funny thing with time Ramsey's game play changed, he started getting those shots right I think it was 2012/2013 or 2013/2014 season he was piling it rocket shots and wining us games until he got injured. I couldn't believe my eyes that season. Whatever had changed his game I don't know, but he surprised me.

Back to Guendouzi, he has a whole lot of weakness in his game if one wants to sit and critically assess his game. Forget all these stories of recycling possession and all. We've seen young Alex Song play DM and not only did he win games with his serious defensive duties in the middle of the park, he was also responsible for some of Van persie's wonderful goals. The fact that Guendouzi holds on to the ball unnecessarily and makes passes obvious before they are released are weaknesses on his part, but the good news is these are areas a player can easily adjust and improve his game. At least we saw that in Ramsey as he got better over the years.

But one major issue is whether the need for Emery to deliver within the shortest possible time frame will allow for him to continue to field a Guendouzi that is still learning the ropes week in week out, that we don't know. But I've seen slight improvement in his game compared to last year sha.

Then as regards criticizing him, I don't think there's anything wrong in criticizing a player if u feel his performance is below par irrespective of his age. So far the player will be applauded as a young player who is getting it if he plays well, then there shouldn't be any problem pointing out the failings in his game play when he doesn't play too well.

I get it that the pro-Guendouzi team feel he isn't playing too bad like the anti-Guendouzi team see it, but you should also understand that Mustafi (yes I know u people don't want to read his name grin) isn't as bad as some people want to paint him. He's had bad runs which someone like Koscienly had in the past and he is not a perfect player like most of our players. He's just one of our inconsistent players, dem pass one, Mitland-Niles sef dey, et cetera

5 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:05am On Aug 22, 2019
BlueRayDick:
My take on the Guendouzi issue is this: Guendouzi is no different from them Ramsey and Co when them first start. Ramsey to me was like one of the shittiest players back then. He interferes in other people's balls, he wants to touch the ball everywhere on the pitch, he does some stupid unnecessary skills, he will even play stupid shots when he needs not to. At a point I always gets frustrated watching him play, wondering why arsenal is so unfortunate to have such player who wouldn't just play basic and complement others instead of trying to be everywhere and end up being caught out of position.

But funny thing with time Ramsey's game play changed, he started getting those shots right I think it was 2012/2013 or 2013/2014 season he was piling it rocket shots and wining us games until he got injured. I couldn't believe my eyes that season. Whatever had changed his game I don't know, but he surprised me.

Back to Guendouzi, he has a whole lot of weakness in his game if one wants to sit and critically assess his game. Forget all these stories of recycling possession and all. We've seen young Alex Song play DM and not only did he win games with his serious defensive duties in the middle of the park, he was also responsible for some of Van persie's wonderful goals. The fact that Guendouzi holds on to the ball unnecessarily and makes passes obvious before they are released are weaknesses on his part, but the good news is these are areas a player can easily adjust and improve his game. At least we saw that in Ramsey as he got better over the years.

But one major issue is whether the need for Emery to deliver within the shortest possible time frame will allow for him to continue to field a Guendouzi that is still learning the ropes week in week out, that we don't know. But I've seen slight improvement in his game compared to last year sha.

Then as regards criticizing him, I don't think there's anything wrong in criticizing a player if u feel his performance is below par irrespective of his age. So far the player will be applauded as a young player who is getting it if he plays well, then there shouldn't be any problem pointing out the failings in his game play when he doesn't play too well.

I get it that the pro-Guendouzi team feel he isn't playing too bad like the anti-Guendouzi team see it, but you should also understand that Mustafi (yes I know u people don't want to read his name grin) isn't as bad as some people want to paint him. He's had bad runs which someone like Koscienly had in the past and he is not a perfect player like most of our players. He's just one of our inconsistent players, dem pass one, Mitland-Niles sef dey, et cetera

the bolded is my concern cos starting him week in week out means he is the best we can do in that area which won't help us.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 7:18am On Aug 22, 2019
Nketiah is really doing well in Leeds I hope he continues this form till the end, Sancho same age bracket with Nelson has really improved he will sign 190k per week but Nelson is still trying to find a form.
Nawa oo our youngsters keep struggling but find form when sold
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 7:20am On Aug 22, 2019
kokanepyramid:

the bolded is my concern cos starting him week in week out means he is the best we can do in that area which won't help us.

that was why the guy raised the question what pattern does Emery play but the arsenal pundits said we should wait till October grin grin but we are surely losing Saturday game by cricket score
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ORIJIN201(m): 7:54am On Aug 22, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
Isn't it here I read someone say we are missing Giroud, and I was even told he has the right to do scorpion king celebration after scoring in a game against a bottom half team where we were trailing and time was running out.

Take it or leave it Not everyone is comfortable with mediocrity. If I don’t agree with u it can never be same as trolling.

Some criticized Auba here to an extent of saying he should be sold despite scoring more goals than our strikers in years and putting our name out there for golden boot no one tagged them trolling their own.

Others criticize Mustafi despite brilliant stats no one tagged them trolls they even said stats don’t tell the whole story, same peeps will bring abysmal stats like 1 tackle in 90mins+ for a DM to defend Guen and and want u to start worshiping him. If this is not double standards I wonder what is.

I’ll criticize any player I need to criticize be it on this forum, other forums or one on one convo, and Guen is one of them If uve got emotional attachment with Guen that’s ur problem not mine.
You sleep, eat, and breath that small boy. Oga we don hear. grin

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 22, 2019
sod09:
that was why the guy raised the question what pattern does Emery play but the arsenal pundits said we should wait till October grin grin but we are surely losing Saturday game by cricket score
I actually believe we will either win or draw that game, with the right mentality on display.

I’ve staked Arsenal to win or draw the match though and I went all in. So when we fck up I’ll go all out on whoever is the culprit Emery down.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Swissh: 8:08am On Aug 22, 2019
sod09:
I actually believe we won't lose on Saturday nor do I think we will win either but I just feel it is about time we delivered a strong performance at Anfield and against that stupid klopp.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BroadStreetBull(m): 8:28am On Aug 22, 2019
Top Of the Table Clash Arsenal versus Liverpool.

grin

Arsenal fans you guys need to cherish, relish and hold on to this moment.

There is no telling when next you would be described with that adjectival phrase.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 10:28pm On Aug 22, 2019
..... Nicolas Pépé: "Based on how it's been in training with Lacazette, we've been able to find each other with our eyes shut." [BTSport]

....I love this.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 12:09am On Aug 23, 2019
Emery on Mustafi & Elneny

"We have some players and they know their situation. For example, Elneny and Mustafi, they know their situation in the squad," Emery said ahead of Arsenal's trip to Liverpool on Saturday, live on Sky Sports Premier League. "I want the players to be happy here, I want the players to be protagonists here, and last year, for example, with Mustafi and Mo, when they didn't play, they weren't happy.

"I spoke with them a lot of times last year in this position and I think it is positive for them to leave and to sign for another team where they can be protagonists, they can be happy and can continue their careers as players.

"They are very big players but here for one circumstance or another circumstance they are going to have less chances to show their capacity or to be happy with us taking minutes of playing matches. "They know the situation, I am wishing the best for them and I think now the best for them is to be protagonists in another team, to sign and to get another challenge for them and continue with another team.

"But with [a lot of] respect, they are training with us but they know their situation and I am wishing only the best for them."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/11791609/arsenal-duo-shkodran-mustafi-and-mohamed-elneny-should-leave-says-unai-emery
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:36am On Aug 23, 2019
Roland17:

"We have some players and they know their situation. For example, Elneny and Mustafi, they know their situation in the squad," Emery said ahead of Arsenal's trip to Liverpool on Saturday, live on Sky Sports Premier League. "I want the players to be happy here, I want the players to be protagonists here, and last year, for example, with Mustafi and Mo, when they didn't play, they weren't happy.

"I spoke with them a lot of times last year in this position and I think it is positive for them to leave and to sign for another team where they can be protagonists, they can be happy and can continue their careers as players.

"They are very big players but here for one circumstance or another circumstance they are going to have less chances to show their capacity or to be happy with us taking minutes of playing matches. "They know the situation, I am wishing the best for them and I think now the best for them is to be protagonists in another team, to sign and to get another challenge for them and continue with another team.

"But with [a lot of] respect, they are training with us but they know their situation and I am wishing only the best for them."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/11791609/arsenal-duo-shkodran-mustafi-and-mohamed-elneny-should-leave-says-unai-emery

Baba can I buy a drink this very night and make a toast to their leaving and becoming a protagonist in another team grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 6:07am On Aug 23, 2019
Roland17:

finally your MCM will gedifok out grin
I just they pity the next unfortunate club to buy mustafi cry cry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:19am On Aug 23, 2019
sod09:
finally your MCM will gedifok out grin
I just they pity the next unfortunate club to buy mustafi cry cry

He will play well in any less demanding league where he doesn't need to make decisions on the ball in an instant like epl.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 6:23am On Aug 23, 2019
BlueRayDick:

He will play well in any less demanding league where he doesn't need to make decisions on the ball in an instant like epl.

bros the problem I have with him is sighting danger and decided to let it go like that zaha incident.
Even in less demanding leagues he will do the same thing, I use to think he's possess or something grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:58am On Aug 23, 2019
sod09:
bros the problem I have with him is sighting danger and decided to let it go like that zaha incident.
Even in less demanding leagues he will do the same thing, I use to think he's possess or something grin

That Zaha goal was an error of judgement Jàre. Koscienly Don do stuff like that before. Good keepers like de gea, neuer Don do mess up like that before. But e no mean say I no Want make mustafi and Elneny commot ó grin

Chai I don't know why, I don't see anything in that Elneny at all. I mean I don't see any positive to his game. Most of the shots he's played for the whole time he's spent at arsenal are always off target. Anytime I see him about to shoot I already know it's not going inside the net; and he doesn't always disappoint. He can't mark out a player to save his life. I used to tell a friend that Elneny marks with his eyes and not his legs. He will just look at at u and assume he has marked you out. In fact it's because of players like him I usually don't stress myself to watch carling cup and fà cup matches after a long day at work. I will jejely sleep and watch replay on YouTube and guess what Elneny will still be shiiit in the replay.

He is also the king of sideways passing. As I no too gbádùn Guendouzi, that boy Sabi play pass Elneny. Even afcon wey dem just finish, their only game I watch against south Africa na rubbish Elneny still play. He still play one nonsense off target shot.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 7:34am On Aug 23, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Baba can I buy a drink this very night and make a toast to their leaving and becoming a protagonist in another team grin

.... You sure say na Emery talk this grammar abi na translation grin ...... I don't think Wenger would ever come out to say players should find other clubs openly. This new admin and Emery no send anybody oh. The clear out continues.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:41am On Aug 23, 2019
solomonbrown64:

.... You sure say na Emery talk this grammar abi na translation grin ...... I don't think Wenger would ever come out to say players should find other clubs openly. This new admin and Emery no send anybody oh. The clear out continues.

Na our guy go talk am ó. I watched one of his press conferences where he said he dey use TV shows learn English. He says he watches Peaky Binders. You know people that learn a language that way, na any word wey catch their fancy for the language go become their favorite. Just like one of my yeye friends when we serve for North. He will just be shouting abunga up and down grin. The foolish boy will say I want to use my abunga to stir Ur abunga grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 7:56am On Aug 23, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Na our guy go talk am ó. I watched one of his press conferences where he said he dey use TV shows learn English. He says he watches Peaky Binders. You know people that learn a language that way, na any word wey catch their fancy for the language go become their favorite. Just like one of my yeye friends when we serve for North. He will just be shouting abunga up and down grin. The foolish boy will say I want to use my abunga to stir Ur abunga grin

.... Lol, waoh I am shocked because that word no follow. I don't know which club will make any of those two their protagonists but then he also called them big players; sweet words to aid their quick transfer.

.... Those British shows can be so endearing sha, I love the British accent. Shows like Taboo and Bodyguard were orgasm boosters as regards my ex - ..... I learnt to whisper in that accent in her ears as we dey do the thing grin ...... Regardless, I am impressed with the pace in which he has learnt English, not particularly easy for a Basque dude.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:17am On Aug 23, 2019
solomonbrown64:

.... Lol, waoh I am shocked because that word no follow. I don't know which club will make any of those two their protagonists but then he also called them big players; sweet words to aid their quick transfer.

.... Those British shows can be so endearing sha, I love the British accent. Shows like Taboo and Bodyguard were orgasm boosters as regards my ex - ..... I learnt to whisper in that accent in her ears as we dey do the thing grin ...... Regardless, I am impressed with the pace in which he has learnt English, not particularly easy for a Basque dude.

Baba somebody go surely buy that mustafi. Even if it's just because he was part of a world cup winning team they will buy him and he will play in a league like Germany where u don't need to be fast when taking decisions like it is in England.

The coach sef his English even dey clear pass Guardiola own sef, or maybe na me dey see am that way sha
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 23, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Baba somebody go surely buy that mustafi. Even if it's just because he was part of a world cup winning team they will buy him and he will play in a league like Germany where u don't need to be fast when taking decisions like it is in England.

The coach sef his English even dey clear pass Guardiola own sef, or maybe na me dey see am that way sha
Na Roma him dey go... cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 8:33am On Aug 23, 2019
BlueRayDick:

..... I heard Roma is interested in a loan deal but Elneny no get show yet. Both of them might not leave this window but one of them should. If Club Brugge can pay 10m plus for Wanyama, I expect something substantive for either of them.

... Emery dey try but I no sure say he reach Guardiola. Guardiola don tey for England small.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:52am On Aug 23, 2019
BlueRayDick:

That Zaha goal was an error of judgement Jàre. Koscienly Don do stuff like that before. Good keepers like de gea, neuer Don do mess up like that before. But e no mean say I no Want make mustafi and Elneny commot ó grin

Chai I don't know why, I don't see anything in that Elneny at all. I mean I don't see any positive to his game. Most of the shots he's played for the whole time he's spent at arsenal are always off target. Anytime I see him about to shoot I already know it's not going inside the net; and he doesn't always disappoint. He can't mark out a player to save his life. I used to tell a friend that Elneny marks with his eyes and not his legs. He will just look at at u and assume he has marked you out. In fact it's because of players like him I usually stress myself to watch carling cup and fà cup matches after a long day at work. I will jejely sleep and watch replay on YouTube and guess what Elneny will still be shiiit in the replay.

He is also the king of sideways passing. As I no too gbádùn Guendouzi, that boy Sabi play pass Elneny. Even afcon wey dem just finish, their only game I watch against south Africa na rubbish Elneny still play. He still play one nonsense off target shot.
elneny na shiit person jare, how baba wengay go buy useless players for same price and ignore useful one is still a misery.
abi how much did he buy xhaka compare to fernadinho or torreira
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 10:08am On Aug 23, 2019
..... This goal article is quite the eye opener... I can't wait for Tierney and Bellerin to be back. October can't come any sooner.....

.... https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/ceballos-showing-why-ozil-is-fighting-a-losing-battle-with-emery-/1bn88gk8yztjq1iwnuh71y6s0e
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 10:44am On Aug 23, 2019
solomonbrown64:
..... This goal article is quite the eye opener... I can't wait for Tierney and Bellerin to be back. October can't come any sooner.....

.... https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/ceballos-showing-why-ozil-is-fighting-a-losing-battle-with-emery-/1bn88gk8yztjq1iwnuh71y6s0e

Thanks, read it. But it doesn't really say much. Most Arsenal fans know that Ozil's time is up at the Emirates. Unless he recaptures his Madrid form or the season he had 18 assists before Christmas, or Injury keeps out Ceb (that's if he maintains his current form).

What I'm more interested in our style of play. Sometimes you see it, most times it's sideways passing. I wish Unai can adopt peak Wengerball with this players. I'm confident we won't finish less than 3rd. If his own system clicks, it will be a very different Arsenal. One I'd like to see.

I hope bellerin can still run. 9months is not a joke ooo. I have not KT play, but if he is as good as his FM stat says, then I'm excited.

P.s. we need to move AMS to midfield, and get a proper RB. We are wasting his talent at RB. However, from the looks of it, I doubt Unai will move him there.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 23, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Chai I don't know why, I don't see anything in that Elneny at all. I mean I don't see any positive to his game. Most of the shots he's played for the whole time he's spent at arsenal are always off target. Anytime I see him about to shoot I already know it's not going inside the net; and he doesn't always disappoint. He can't mark out a player to save his life. I used to tell a friend that Elneny marks with his eyes and not his legs. He will just look at at u and assume he has marked you out. In fact it's because of players like him I usually stress myself to watch carling cup and fà cup matches after a long day at work. I will jejely sleep and watch replay on YouTube and guess what Elneny will still be shiiit in the replay.

if y’all haven’t noticed, Elneny is one guy I don’t discuss at all cos i can never understand How Elneny became a footballer?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 11:25am On Aug 23, 2019
MrDojo:

Thanks, read it. But it doesn't really say much. Most Arsenal fans know that Ozil's time is up at the Emirates. Unless he recaptures his Madrid form or the season he had 18 assists before Christmas, or Injury keeps out Ceb (that's if he maintains his current form).

What I'm more interested in our style of play. Sometimes you see it, most times it's sideways passing. I wish Unai can adopt peak Wengerball with this players. I'm confident we won't finish less than 3rd. If his own system clicks, it will be a very different Arsenal. One I'd like to see.

I hope bellerin can still run. 9months is not a joke ooo. I have not KT play, but if he is as good as his FM stat says, then I'm excited.

P.s. we need to move AMS to midfield, and get a proper RB. We are wasting his talent at RB. However, from the looks of it, I doubt Unai will move him there.

... You are welcome, bro.

..... Ceballos is the first midfielder that's a true playmaker that's dynamic as both an 8 and a 10. It's what the modern game requires, the number 10 has to drop deep to start play and also press from the front. This is where Ozil's problem lies in; he doesn't like to drop deep and rarely playmake, he just wants to lay the killer pass and that's not enough anymore.

.. Emery clearly wanted Ceballos for something and we got a glimpse of that in the last match. Emery is clearly not a possession style coach, he is at base counter attacking but a different style as his system still requires quick short passes rather than parking the bus. His style is something that will come into play very well as soon as we have players like Holding back who is better than Sokratis at ball playing and Bellerin too who is smarter with his positionings and will make our right wing more productive. We then to use the left wing because Niles doesn't bring that quick movement of the ball Emery requires just as good as Monreal does. It's actually stagnates our play massively which was why Emery wanted to sign another right back.

...Bellerin will be eased in slowly, still medicine is now advanced and not like before. His speed should still be there since this is his first knee injury I think.

.... Niles is a good player and very sleeky on the ball which shows he is highly confident in his skills and abilities. To me he is a better player than Willock because of his technical skills but the edge Willock has over him is his level headedness. Niles loses concentration easily and he does that under little or no pressure and in dangerous places. Having a player like that and Xhaka in Midfield is bad news. He has to cut that shitt out if he ever hopes to play in our midfield, for now he is our Milner; versatile on the pitch and can fill in important places.

.... As for tomorrow's game, I will just go out and enjoy the game. It's going to be end to end stuff. Whatever happens, It's one game more where the team gels more together.

... See the pass Map, you can see how heavily Ceballos was involved and the short passes in between movements, but look at Niles positioning compared to Monreal's, it's why his wing was bastardised by McNeil. So much space. By the time Bellerin will be back, there will be balance in movement and in attack and will make our attacking movements less predictable.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 23, 2019
BlueRayDick:

yeah u are right. Same thing happened with Mou particularly on that “heritage” ish.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1533) (1534) (1535) (1536) (1537) (1538) (1539) ... (3475) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: BlueRayDick and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.