Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1855) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2297570 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1852) (1853) (1854) (1855) (1856) (1857) (1858) ... (3476) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 5:22am On Jul 05, 2020
Jodera:
This sarcastic response Mahdd!!!!! grin grin
Abi.
Why should I stress myself on somebody whose views can be likened to those who feel Aresnal has been doing well since DjCuppy left.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:30am On Jul 05, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

Can you name one area Guen will be missed in team or an area he helped add to the team or an area he has improved in significantly since he joined?

I can conveniently answer those questions for Saka and Martinelli. Guen is older than both, he is 21 Saka is 18 while Martinelli is 19 and they had less playing time under Emery compared to Guen.
So what did Guen do with all the playing time he had?. He’s just a white man’s Elneny.

Come off it.
Boss. I know that you don't like guen o. In fact, most people here don't like guen, but you can't pin all our poor performances on him. Aside Emery starting him which is not his fault, the other players this season was either sub par or Emery confused and change of formation every match day which leaves our players confused too. In as much I like as guen isn't a starter, but guen is a real good squad player that can add to the depth of team and see out games we're winning. I think the last part is what you're blind to see for guen, as you feel guen is an entirely useless player. Guen is good as a squad player but not as a starter. My grouse all these while was him starting and people justifying it, now that it's been sorted, I think we should just be happy instead of still blaming guen, cos even the blind can see that guen starting was really bad for the team. Let's just enjoy our arsenal
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:32am On Jul 05, 2020
Fkhalifa:

Abi.
Why should I stress myself on somebody whose views can be likened to those who feel Aresnal has been doing well since DjCuppy left.
Lol... Kokane na our guy sha. Na Emery dey cause all these things
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:34am On Jul 05, 2020
iamoyindamola:

What will happen to ceballos, he's looking like he's part of arteta's plan
Even Arteta is planning to permanent his stay here. He knows he won't see a shirt at Madrid, I hopes he stays with us tho.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:37am On Jul 05, 2020
Roland17:
The more confusing/ difficult conversation we seem to be avoiding is E. Martinez's form and the competition for the number 1 spot!
To me oo... It's not bad to have two good shot stoppers. Let Martinez man the cup games and Leno man the league games, just as Cech and Leno did. I think that will be fair fall all
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 6:07am On Jul 05, 2020
Jodera:
Boss. I know that you don't like guen o. In fact, most people here don't like guen, but you can't pin all our poor performances on him. Aside Emery starting him which is not his fault, the other players this season was either sub par or Emery confused and change of formation every match day which leaves our players confused too. In as much I like as guen isn't a starter, but guen is a real good squad player that can add to the depth of team and see out games we're winning. I think the last part is what you're blind to see for guen, as you feel guen is an entirely useless player. Guen is good as a squad player but not as a starter. My grouse all these while was him starting and people justifying it, now that it's been sorted, I think we should just be happy instead of still blaming guen, cos even the blind can see that guen starting was really bad for the team. Let's just enjoy our arsenal
I’ve mentioned this thing about squad player before until a few here claimed he’s the best we’ve got. FFS in Emery’s first season he was a squad player and I had no problems with it. In fact starting him in games we had no other options is fine by me. But what Emery was doing in his second season was clearly nepotism while settling scores with some players at the detriment of our results, it was highly unprofessional and it got me really angry. I care less about any player or manager cos they will come and go.

My argument then was never about him being the only problem and my previous posts prove this. My argument was that he was part of the midfield problem which some turned a blind eye to and would rather pin it on Xhaka.

Guen adds nothing as a starter in that midfield as some would want me to believe, on the contrary he further weakens the already weak midfield we have.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 6:24am On Jul 05, 2020
Jodera:
Lol... Kokane na our guy sha. Na Emery dey cause all these things
I've said several times here, not even the biggest of Guen's fan is asking for him to start games.
It was clear to us all, he isn't ready yet to start commanding the midfield for whole season.
We all agreed we need a Thomas Partey. Those who defended him earlier in the season did so because of his good performance that earned him POTM and national call from France..

But it later became clear, Guen is not ready yet to start commanding the midfield for whole season.

But, despite all this Alaye, baba Kokane is hell bent on wishing everything negative happens to the boy so he can come prove a point. That's clear hate.

I can stand Blueraydick and Sod9's critisms, its how they feel about him and many other trashy players we parade, but kokane's is pure emotions and hate.

Whenever Guen plays well, he either goes off or claims he didn't see the game, and if it's otherwise, he is the first to write about him, and that's unlike with the two aforementioned fans here.

I gave up when Kokane said the following:

It is understood Xhaka and Ozil may have a bad game, but you look at bench and see a far worse player in Guen.( That's in a game every fan was attacking Ozil and Xhaka o).

Mustafi, Luiz,Leno and everorther individual errors are can caused by him.

How he somehow misses games he played well in.

Anyways, I can't wait to see how his claims will be well accepted when Guen leaves and Arsenal start winning teams above us we've failed to win since September 2015 away from home.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:17am On Jul 05, 2020
Fkhalifa:

I've said several times here, not even the biggest of Guen's fan is asking for him to start games.
It was clear to us all, he isn't ready yet to start commanding the midfield for whole season.
We all agreed we need a Thomas Partey. Those who defended him earlier in the season did so because of his good performance that earned him POTM and national call from France..

But it later became clear, Guen is not ready yet to start commanding the midfield for whole season.

But, despite all this Alaye, baba Kokane is hell bent on wishing everything negative happens to the boy so he can come prove a point. That's clear hate.

I can stand Blueraydick and Sod9's critisms, its how they feel about him and many other trashy players we parade, but kokane's is pure emotions and hate.

Whenever Guen plays well, he either goes off or claims he didn't see the game, and if it's otherwise, he is the first to write about him, and that's unlike with the two aforementioned fans here.

I gave up when Kokane said the following:

It is understood Xhaka and Ozil may have a bad game, but you look at bench and see a far worse player in Guen.( That's in a game every fan was attacking Ozil and Xhaka o).

Mustafi, Luiz,Leno and everorther individual errors are can caused by him.

How he somehow misses games he played well in.

Anyways, I can't wait to see how his claims will be well accepted when Guen leaves and Arsenal start winning teams above us we've failed to win since September 2015 away from home.
You see why I say ur argument lack logic. If everyone is attacking Ozil and Xhaka in a game which I do too for performing poorly in a match does that necessarily mean the person on the bench is better?

Severally I’ve yarned Ozil and Xhaka need to be replaced it doesn’t necessarily mean Guen is better than them currently, those two are poor by their standards.

You said POTM lol. given to him by his team mates as encouragement which is fine by me. Cos how do u explain he getting player of the month in Arsenal same month Auba got POTM in EPL.

Your first paragraph is a blatant lie stop eating ur words. You and ur ilks said he’s the best midfielder we’ve got and merits his starting place and managers after Emery will regularly start him. You even went ahead to crown him the new Viera.
National call up in France? at a point France had already qualified.? If I may ask how many minutes did he play?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:28am On Jul 05, 2020
Fkhalifa:

Abi.
Lol.

It’s u who is just obsessed over a DM who can’t defend or make tackles, no defence splitting passes, no pace, no stamina obviously weakest in the midfield. These are my reasons for not wanting him in the team. I’ve asked u to list 3 football qualities he adds to the team u are still searching.

Football qualities, don’t bore me with passion and he’s 21. Saka and Martinelli are younger.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 8:27am On Jul 05, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

You see why I say ur argument lack logic. If everyone is attacking Ozil and Xhaka in a game which I do too for performing poorly in a match does that necessarily mean the person on the bench is better?

Severally I’ve yarned Ozil and Xhaka need to be replaced it doesn’t necessarily mean Guen is better than them currently, those two are poor by their standards.

You said POTM lol. given to him by his team mates as encouragement which is fine by me. Cos how do u explain he getting player of the month in Arsenal same month Auba got POTM in EPL.

Your first paragraph is a blatant lie stop eating ur words. You and ur ilks said he’s the best midfielder we’ve got and merits his starting place and managers after Emery will regularly start him. You even went ahead to crown him the new Viera.
National call up in France? at a point France had already qualified.? If I may ask how many minutes did he play?
Emotions all over again.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:26am On Jul 05, 2020
Make Una die the matter abeg. E Don do
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 05, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:12am On Jul 05, 2020
BlueRayDick:
We probably hurt the guy gan ni. cheesy
E no gree on our matter.
Help us tender apology fa cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:47pm On Jul 05, 2020
Roland17:

The biggest difference between both that I have observed is that Martinez commands his area better than Leno especially aerial balls.
But you are right, Leno has made some of the best and unbelievable saves for us this season and should be number one but Martinez is not far behind and is quite capable of being number 1 based off his current performances.
If he is lucky for Leno to be out for extended periods then he can convince the manager to stick with him. Leno had a similar chance when Cech was no1, and he took his. I believe Martinez can challenge Leno for that spot, he has the height and reflex, he only needs more game time to build his confidence. I saw the way he reacted quickly to takevthe ball away from that Wolves attacker during the early stages of yesterday's game. That effort was the bedrock of our win.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:52pm On Jul 05, 2020
Roland17:

The biggest difference between both that I have observed is that Martinez commands his area better than Leno especially aerial balls.
But you are right, Leno has made some of the best and unbelievable saves for us this season and should be number one but Martinez is not far behind and is quite capable of being number 1 based off his current performances.
Touchè
And Martinez always play safe, Emery once said he doesn't obey his instructions on playing from back
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 12:58pm On Jul 05, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Touchè
And Martinez always play safe, Emery once said he doesn't obey his instructions on playing from back

Funny enough, I enjoyed the cup games he played under Emery in which he refused to follow that play from back nonesense tactics. And it paid well for us because when Leno plays with dem Mustafi and papasthapopulous, we are always conceding from mistakes at the back
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 6:33pm On Jul 05, 2020
COYG

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 05, 2020
Akinbahm:
COYG
This talent argument is generic at best, Wilshere had talents, Walcott had talent, Giroud had talent. The fact remains every footballer has talent whether such potential will turn up in future is speculative at best unless you are God u don’t know how he would peak, at 21 Elneny also had talents.

That’s how we endured with em Wilshere and Ramsey at the detriment of results. Wilshere even showed better signs at 21 las las what happened? Even the Ramsey that managed to blow hot at certain point then went to Juve is already a bench warmer there. When last did he start a game at Juve?

Guen from his countenance and what I read he said to Maupay sees himself as the finished product. Someone that will be pointing to his team mates while he is out of position and adding nothing significant is who will be humble to learn?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:09pm On Jul 05, 2020
People should stop these talks about a player not having any big player to look up to in the team. That talk na total rubbish abeg!

Football is easy and straight forward, no be juju na. If u Sabi ; u Sabi. It will be visible to the blind. U no need to dey follow Messi or C.Ronaldo play before people know say u Sabi. Mbappe is a clear example of this.

I hate it when people blame the inadequacy of a player on another player that is not getting paid to act as a coach or understudy. So if Walcott had played in a team that had Henry, Bergkamp, Ljunberg, Pires etc he would've suddenly become new Messi or what?.....smh
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 05, 2020
BlueRayDick:
People should stop these talks about a player not having any big player to look up to in the team. That talk na total rubbish abeg!

Football is easy and straight forward, no be juju na. If u Sabi ; u Sabi. It will be visible to the blind. U no need to dey follow Messi or C.Ronaldo play before people know say u Sabi. Mbappe is a clear example of this.

I hate it when people blame the inadequacy of a player on another player that is not getting paid to act as a coach or understudy. So if Walcott had played in a team that had Henry, Bergkamp, Ljunberg, Pires etc he would've suddenly become new Messi or what?.....smh
Saka is 18 who did he look upto while playing on the LW and LB, who did Martinelli-19 look upto?

In one breath they blame Xhaka and Ozil for his inadequacy, in another breath they say he’s a talented player. Ooya highlight the talents, they go back to blaming Xhaka and Ozil.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 05, 2020
Some clubs like City and Liverpool have started their pre-season while some of us still dey battle till last day.

This life no just balance.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 11:44pm On Jul 05, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

Saka is 18 who did he look upto while playing on the LW and LB, who did Martinelli-19 look upto?

In one breath they blame Xhaka and Ozil for his inadequacy, in another breath they say he’s a talented player. Ooya highlight the talents, they go back to blaming Xhaka and Ozil.

My point is those lads u mentioned up there aren't good enough for Arsenal come next season bro...

Kindly highlight and/or five players you relied on in that squad that could come on nd change the game when facing big team...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 11:52pm On Jul 05, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

This talent argument is generic at best, Wilshere had talents, Walcott had talent, Giroud had talent. The fact remains every footballer has talent whether such potential will turn up in future is speculative at best unless you are God u don’t know how he would peak, at 21 Elneny also had talents.

That’s how we endured with em Wilshere and Ramsey at the detriment of results. Wilshere even showed better signs at 21 las las what happened? Even the Ramsey that managed to blow hot at certain point then went to Juve is already a bench warmer there. When last did he start a game at Juve?

Guen from his countenance and what I read he said to Maupay sees himself as the finished product. Someone that will be pointing to his team mates while he is out of position and adding nothing significant is who will be humble to learn?

Bro, if not for the mess we found ourselves nd those scrappy players on Galacticos wages players like Saka, Guendozi, Nketia and co shouldn't be starting Epl but Carling cups they are to be groomed into Epl to help their career better but reverse seems to be the case due to situation we are...

I hope Arteta and the board get it right this coming transfer window.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 12:07am On Jul 06, 2020
Akinbahm:

Bro, if not for the mess we found ourselves nd those scrappy players on Galacticos wages players like Saka, Guendozi, Nketia and co shouldn't be starting Epl but Carling cups they are to be groomed into Epl to help their career better but reverse seems to be the case due to situation we are...

I hope Arteta and the board get it right this coming transfer window.
I was never against transitioning him into the team. Afterall he featured in some games and even started some in his first season and I never complained.

Emery had scores to settle with some senior players for reasons best known to him in his second season and did that at the detriment of results which was highly unprofessional reason I started shouting. Yes they are scrappy but Willlock and Guen ain’t putting better performance at that moment neither were we getting good results with them yet Emery kept starting him. I had same ish with Wenger and Giroud relationship.

All I asked was for Emery give other partnerships a chance which he didn’t until he got sacked then things changed.

If Emery had stayed, forcing his methods and lineup we could be battling relegation today, after all we didn’t sign new midfielders in January Arteta still uses same squad Emery had at his disposal.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 12:13am On Jul 06, 2020
Akinbahm:

My point is those lads u mentioned up there aren't good enough for Arsenal come next season bro...

Kindly highlight and/or five players you relied on in that squad that could come on nd change the game when facing big team...
ive said it time again that Xhaka needs to go and Ozil is past it. If I’m to pick a DM in my squad btwn Guen and Xhaka at the moment I’ll pick Xhaka.

Yes Xhaka is not performing as expected but what he currently delivers is still better than what Guen will offer at the moment.

It’s just business logic.

Yes earning galactico wages and not delivering galactico performance could be frustrating, but whether they play or not u gon’ pay the wages anyway, so why bench them when u can still squeeze something out of them.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:04am On Jul 06, 2020
Mourinho us waiting for arsenal at the Tottenham stadium after their social media handle mocked their defeat to shelfield.
Arsenal efe ku

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 06, 2020
iamoyindamola:
Mourinho us waiting for arsenal at the Tottenham stadium after their social media handle mocked their defeat to shelfield.
Arsenal efe ku
las las we draw, I just hope we don’t have injury crisis before then.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:25am On Jul 06, 2020
kokaneprodigy:
las las we draw, I just hope we don’t have injury crisis before then.
Why do you want a draw when the man threatened fire, typical arsenal style always chicken out after throwing the first punch cheesy grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 06, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Why do you want a draw when the man threatened fire, typical arsenal style always chicken out after throwing the first punch cheesy grin
it is away at Spurs, and Mou will play for pride rather than to win. The guy kolo, he would believe if we can troll em for losing against Sheffield how much more when they lose against us on their turf. My guy fit play 8 defenders that day.

I just hope we don’t suffer any injury before the fixture and Arteta gets his lineup right + a lil bit of luck the match is winnable.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:36am On Jul 06, 2020
kokaneprodigy:
it is away at Spurs, and Mou will play for pride rather than to win. The guy kolo, he would believe if we can troll em for losing against Sheffield how much more when they lose against us on their turf. My guy fit play 8 defenders that day.

I just hope we don’t suffer any injury before the fixture and Arteta gets his lineup right + a lil bit of luck the match is winnable.
We are saying the same thing, the guy is confident he will get something out of the game, arsenal fans are just hoping and wishing grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 06, 2020
iamoyindamola:

We are saying the same thing, the guy is confident he will get something out of the game, arsenal fans are just hoping and wishing grin
is 1 point not something from the game?

I said las las draw, meaning we could even win.

We are not saying the same thing sod
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:45am On Jul 06, 2020
kokaneprodigy:
is 1 point not something from the game?

I said las las draw, meaning we could even win.

We are not saying the same thing sod
No 1 point is nothing, if not arsenal won't mock spuds for losing at shelfield, after they lost there too.
Even arsenal is not sure of his players yet they went to mock another team as if they are any where better
It's delusional
Now the man is threatening them for the match at the weekend everyone in arsenal is scared they even hope for a draw las las grin cheesy
Why not win

(1) (2) (3) ... (1852) (1853) (1854) (1855) (1856) (1857) (1858) ... (3476) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.