Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2226) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2294974 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2223) (2224) (2225) (2226) (2227) (2228) (2229) ... (3470) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:49am On Jun 24, 2021
patrickmuf:
Aston Villa are low key doing serious business...They were difficult to beat this past season and I think they're making all the right moves ahead of next season...
Last season really motivated them. And their thinking will be that if they invest well and at least have a little depth(which was their undoing), they'll be able to get at least to Europe.
Them and Leicester are doing smart deals so far
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:52am On Jun 24, 2021
Spy360:

Saliba has been openly critical of Arteta for some weeks now. That may explain some things.
There's more than meet the eyes in all these things.
Also, is there a possibility of Arteta being so high-handed?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:49am On Jun 24, 2021
Jodera:
There's more than meet the eyes in all these things.
Also, is there a possibility of Arteta being so high-handed?
I think he is. His facial look (that seriousness unlike that of Klopp) says a lot. He always speaks straightforward no jokes. undecided .Even Wenger throws jabs at times.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:39am On Jun 24, 2021
Spy360:

I think he is. His facial look (that seriousness unlike that of Klopp) says a lot. He always speaks straightforward no jokes. undecided .Even Wenger throws jabs at times.
Hmmm... Na wa oo
He should calm down a bit sha
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:52am On Jun 24, 2021
johnjunior39:
I dont know what people are seeing in this Isak boy eh but abeg, I say no to defensive forwards again.i am tired of media hype, Oga score goals forget all this he contributed thing.

I still believe that Ben White is just an English media hyped only nothing else. I really wish the will loan Saliba to Newscatle and then let us watch how it will turn out between him and White.
Aswear this bolded made me laugh gan grin grin

But you can't just claim he's a defensive forward cos he hasn't scored so far.
Tournament haven't finished. If he keeps on doing what he's doing, goals will come sooner or later
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 2:32pm On Jun 24, 2021
Spy360:

I actually respect him for his straightforward approach because it has helped our boys to sit up. But the main issue every fans has with him is his decision making, for the fact that he has no experience should be a major concern because truth be told, we dont know if he will be the next pep guardiola or the next tony pulis that kills the talent of our youngstes.

only time will tell but at the moment I dont think he is the former cry

His treatment with the youngsters is really disturbing,

Shifting smith rowe to the wings so that he can accommodate odegaard
Choosing to give willian minute over nelson
Prioritizing mustafi and white over saliba
Overlooking Martinelli countless times
Overplaying Saka

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:26pm On Jun 24, 2021
Jodera:
Ah... It's now I see your point and it's really true all what you said.
Na Xhaka own dey surprise me. Someone who's our 1st 11 for at least 3 seasons, yet Roma is pricing him 15m as if na elneny we wan sell.
Leno issue too...
Our business sense no too make sense walahi
Mehn, our downfall no be here.
We had the chance of selling for 30m until Arteta craze enter
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:27pm On Jun 24, 2021
johnjunior39:
I dont know what people are seeing in this Isak boy eh but abeg, I say no to defensive forwards again.i am tired of media hype, Oga score goals forget all this he contributed thing.

I still believe that Ben White is just an English media hyped only nothing else. I really wish the will loan Saliba to Newscatle and then let us watch how it will turn out between him and White.
The more I they look am the more e they do like lacazette
I no want again grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:29pm On Jun 24, 2021
Jodera:
Last season really motivated them. And their thinking will be that if they invest well and at least have a little depth(which was their undoing), they'll be able to get at least to Europe.
Them and Leicester are doing smart deals so far
They escaped relegation and straighten up immediately
That's a team that know their value, they are not even afraid of losing grealish again
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Actman05: 4:02pm On Jun 24, 2021
Jodera:

Tournament haven't finished. If he keeps on doing what he's doing, goals will come sooner or later
Na so we dey talk for Werner too.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by johnjunior39(m): 5:37pm On Jun 24, 2021
Jodera:

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by johnjunior39(m): 5:37pm On Jun 24, 2021
iamoyindamola:

The more I they look am the more e they do like lacazette
I no want again grin

Is just a younger version
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by johnjunior39(m): 5:38pm On Jun 24, 2021
Ben white purchase sha will only make sense if either Mari or Holding is going
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:52pm On Jun 24, 2021
Dino rejoins Stuttgart on loan.... Iamoyindamola will not be happy about this cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:30pm On Jun 24, 2021
BlueRayDick:
Dino rejoins Stuttgart on loan.... Iamoyindamola will not be happy about this cheesy
Loan again
Haba, Bayern will start monitoring the guy soon
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 6:52pm On Jun 24, 2021
daveP:

Its business

Besides we sold the AM we had and a talented iwobi cos the price was huge. Arsenal Transfer team are unserious. So if Villa came knocking that way, they scented the aroma!!!!
My point that year on Iwobi...
Arsenal will sell ESR,GUEN,SAKA AND MARTUNELLI should their be any bid around or above £30.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 6:56pm On Jun 24, 2021
iamoyindamola:

We had the chance of selling for 30m until Arteta craze enter
Herta Berlin brought £30M last January 2020, Arterta decided to extend his stay, That alone signified he won't take Arsenal up.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:01pm On Jun 24, 2021
Fkhalifa:

Herta Berlin brought £30M last January 2020, Arterta decided to extend his stay, That alone signified he won't take Arsenal up.
I don't think any top or progressive team will take him.
He's not friendly with youngsters look at how he handled Jerry curl even though that one stupid, saliba, Dino, martinelli (he made him lose out in Olympics team) Smith, Nelson etc
Just look at the list na yet you will use luiz, William like say na JuJu
Me I'm just counting down to his exit sha
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:18pm On Jun 24, 2021
iamoyindamola:

They escaped relegation and straighten up immediately
That's a team that know their value, they are not even afraid of losing grealish again
While we we dey fear to lose saka and ESR. Sha lemme just see how this summer window will be
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:23pm On Jun 24, 2021
Actman05:

Na so we dey talk for Werner too.
This wan never begin chop goal fest na.
At least Werner chop open net against Liverpool for 2nd match of the season grin.

Hopefully, isak suppose score and we fit give am benefit of doubt first cos him never chop empty net yet grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Actman05: 12:54am On Jun 25, 2021
Jodera:
This wan never begin chop goal fest na.
At least Werner chop open net against Liverpool for 2nd match of the season grin.

Hopefully, isak suppose score and we fit give am benefit of doubt first cos him never chop empty net yet grin
Hahaha
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:14am On Jun 25, 2021
Fkhalifa:

My point that year on Iwobi...
Arsenal will sell ESR,GUEN,SAKA AND MARTUNELLI should their be any bid around or above £30.

Exactly my point.

It was once the near oldies we sold a decade ago. When Man Utd fans used to mock us as "boys" cos the core of our team was relatively young and inexperienced overall. Now, its the oldies we tryna keep and sell the youngsters.

No matter what anyone hear opines, i still hold onto the fact that the sale of Iwobi is still a grave mistake. He'd have been one key, undisputed figure under Arteta, as they even played together. But no, na only his imperfections we sabi focus on asif naim worse pass.

The Transfer team will go naked if championship team comes with 30+ for any of our youngsters you mentioned. Its a Fact.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:21am On Jun 25, 2021
For the business angle as it is right now, anybody knows the financial situation of the club and the fragile nature and indecisiveness of the club with regards to Transfers. Imagine we using net difference to do business.

Its why i pray hard for Danny Ek to takeover. I feel all these transfer activity is cos of the EK pressure. If Ek isn't at the door, don't be surprised we wont be doing all these minimini manimo we are currently seeing.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:57am On Jun 25, 2021
Selling iwobi for 30m is looking like biggest heist arsenal ever pull out.
kudos to ebening, arteta suppose do same with xhaka the werey had panick attack

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 11:32am On Jun 25, 2021
iamoyindamola:
Selling iwobi for 30m is looking like biggest heist arsenal ever pull out.
kudos to ebening, arteta suppose do same with xhaka the werey had panick attack

Arteta for keep iwobi

That man love for mediocre yes men is next to none
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:36am On Jun 25, 2021
kodded:

Arteta for keep iwobi

That man love for mediocre yes men is next to none
You might be right grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 12:10pm On Jun 25, 2021
daveP:

Exactly my point.

It was once the near oldies we sold a decade ago. When Man Utd fans used to mock us as "boys" cos the core of our team was relatively young and inexperienced overall. Now, its the oldies we tryna keep and sell the youngsters.

No matter what anyone hear opines, i still hold onto the fact that the sale of Iwobi is still a grave mistake. He'd have been one key, undisputed figure under Arteta, as they even played together. But no, na only his imperfections we sabi focus on asif naim worse pass.

The Transfer team will go naked if championship team comes with 30+ for any of our youngsters you mentioned. Its a Fact.

This right here is just emotions, emotions and plenty more emotions that does not in any way represent fact. You saying he would've been one of the key figures under Arteta is just emotions and nothing more. When has Ìwobi been that Key figure u talk about exactly? The same Iwobi that keeps giving poverty attacking stats every season without growing into the big man we all hoped he would become?

The fact is iwobi's output was not top level and is still not impressive even after leaving arsenal. Like someone said, selling Ìwobi for that price was good business as in very good business.

Below is screenshot of Iwobi's output at Arsenal and at Everton; does it look like we miss him? If u think yes, maybe u should think again and check Smith Rowe's stats. That boy for a 20 year old in his debut season playing 22 games has 4 assists and 2 goals, has a better shooting accuracy than Iwobi, has more passes per game than Iwobi and had more impact than Iwobi the veteran at Everton last season.

Aswear Iwobi money na delicious money wey the club chop nicely and clean mouth. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:06pm On Jun 25, 2021
Lacazette no go Euros na..
Why dem no wan sell am?
I don off lacazette and xhaka for arsenal heading to next season for my mind oo.
I no wan hear say we enter Sept with them abeg
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:03pm On Jun 25, 2021
Jodera:
Lacazette no go Euros na..
Why dem no wan sell am?
I don off lacazette and xhaka for arsenal heading to next season for my mind oo.
I no wan hear say we enter Sept with them abeg
Lacazette contract will finish next season. So even if he stays na till Jan or free.

As for Xhaka, I keep saying it, if we can't get a better replacement abeg leave the guy make we manage am.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:09pm On Jun 25, 2021
Spy360:

Lacazette contract will finish next season. So even if he stays na till Jan or free.

As for Xhaka, I keep saying it, if we can't get a better replacement abeg leave the guy make we manage am.
I know lacazette contract is expiring next season reason why I want him sold this season. It's really getting out of hand that we mostly allow our players to run down their contract without always getting a dime. They should look for way to get buyer for him joor.

As for xhaka, the news of his ongoing sale negotiations been sweet my body that I thought arsenal can get even if it's 25m from him. Since those overseeing the negotiations of selling/buying players aren't good in convincing at all.

Anyways, I can still be Ok for xhaka to be in the team but not Lacazette abeg
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:20pm On Jun 25, 2021
Jodera:
I know lacazette contract is expiring next season reason why I want him sold this season. It's really getting out of hand that we mostly allow our players to run down their contract without always getting a dime. They should look for way to get buyer for him joor.

As for xhaka, the news of his ongoing sale negotiations been sweet my body that I thought arsenal can get even if it's 25m from him. Since those overseeing the negotiations of selling/buying players aren't good in convincing at all.

Anyways, I can still be Ok for xhaka to be in the team but not Lacazette abeg
The thing is who will take them, pay their signing fees and huge salaries?

Hence there's few options than to let them run down their contracts.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:39pm On Jun 25, 2021
Spy360:

The thing is who will take them, pay their signing fees and huge salaries?

Hence there's few options than to let them run down their contracts.
Hmmm.. You've a point sha. But if only our negotiating team is good, we for at least find one maga. But your point is still valid tho

Just worrying that we're always losing players for free. See welbeck,mustafi ramsey etc
So many players wey we get and we fit maga even if na small to average club, but na dash we dey always dash

It's worrying mehn

(1) (2) (3) ... (2223) (2224) (2225) (2226) (2227) (2228) (2229) ... (3470) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.