Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,146 members, 7,896,896 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 01:05 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2496) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2394626 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2493) (2494) (2495) (2496) (2497) (2498) (2499) ... (3576) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:22pm On Mar 06, 2022
mostob:
I'm more afraid of Nacho and Barnes than I'm afraid of Vardy. Forget Vardy, his matter is not that hard
Vardy comes alive when he sees Arsenal o. But currently, the chemistry between barnes and nacho is something cedric cant even face

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:26pm On Mar 06, 2022
Jodera2:
Lol, I don't think we'll get 0 points if the guys play like this. We were in full control of the match before that 2nd goal.

Moreover, I feel they'll know Leicester is a stronger test than Watford so they'll be prepared for them.

Na Liverpool I dey fear sef
If Tomiyasu is back for the Liverpool game, na DiaZ vs Tomi o!! We have never been able to stop Firmino. But we’ve kept Salah quiet before
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:28pm On Mar 06, 2022
I love this. It looks planned but it isn’t cool

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:31pm On Mar 06, 2022
Jodera2:

Lol, na spy get that sub?? grin grin grin
grin

I’m surprised the fans that visited vicarage are satisfied with Laca. E be like na us dey complain here o. Sarcasm!!

Goal Contribution tinz for Laca is high. Nawa o.

Our IQ is highr obviously!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:41pm On Mar 06, 2022
Jodera2:
Partey na the best creative passer for that team to be honest. Guy is just the complete package.

I'm just wondering how our new Cm(xhaka replacement will be). If that person is at the same wavelength in terms of technicality and speed of thought like Odegaard and Partey eh, then we'll have like one of the best midfield trios in EPL. What odegaard and saka is doing at our right hand side is what is lacking at our left hand side. I believe if that side is sorted too, then we'll even dominate more games. But then Xhaka has been better than the Xhaka we all know of previous seasons

The midfield is shaping up slowly. 200m can do a lot to fill in the key gaps lacking in this team. Odegaard chemistry with Saka is going to get him starts until a better midfielder comes to contest his place.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:57am On Mar 07, 2022
BlueRayDick:
Come end of season, can we hits find a way to ditch Elneny so we can bring in another CM that can relegated Xhaka to the bench the way Ramsdale did Leno?

I'm tired of seeing this Xhaka brain fart every now and then.
In the current set up, Xhaka plays as an 8. I will like ESR to try that role, and make similar impact like Odegaard at the RW.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by collinometricx: 5:01am On Mar 07, 2022
daveP:

The midfield is shaping up slowly. 200m can do a lot to fill in the key gaps lacking in this team. Odegaard chemistry with Saka is going to get him starts until a better midfielder comes to contest his place.

Contest with who?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:08am On Mar 07, 2022
daveP:
grin

I’m surprised the fans that visited vicarage are satisfied with Laca. E be like na us dey complain here o. Sarcasm!!

Nketiah hit the post on first attempt taking his man one on one. We have been lacking that goal threat from Laca. Nketiah only needs to score in back to back games to start benching Lacazette

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:11am On Mar 07, 2022
collinometricx:

Contest with who?
I was about to ask this too... grin

Odegaard has all we had in Ozil and more. By next season or two he will be best player in PL.

What we need now is another 8 going by the current setup.

When ESR returns I want him to drop Xhaka. That midfield go sweet
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 7:13am On Mar 07, 2022
Jodera2:
. There was a ball he won outside the 18 yard box(near the throw in side), instead of him to clear his lines he was looking to pass, he was grateful that arsenal players quickly closed down the player that intercepted the pass, else na bash we fit dey bash Ramsdale. Another of such scenario occurred in this same match (I think he rushed the pass) that led to Dennis laying the interception for his player who his shot was later saved by Ramsdale.

But the first example I gave was what made me make that statement, cos even dem Allison or Ederson will clear their lines since they're far away from post, looking to pass at that instance to me smacks of overconfidence
The players are actually the one losing concentration, the instruction is when ramsdale have the ball he pass to the next available player which we have done all season but this end of season is looking somehow
Even the goals we concede recently can be avoided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by johnjunior39(m): 8:13am On Mar 07, 2022
I love the fight that we fight to finish now. After all to be honest Arteta was right to chase away the bad eggs.

Everyone is connecting as a team now, if you can't score you assist.lol

Also, somehow I love the part where we are sitting comfortably in 4th despite our three outstanding, it shows that we are not this time around calculating possibility of a top 4 finish from our outstanding games. Win or lose, we will still be in top 4 if we focus on the games ahead.

Now we have a fighting mentality now, every point count at this point even if we secure only 3 or 4 points from the outstanding matches and fight hard to win all remaining matches which to me are all winnable ( the only matches that will be too hot to handle foe us are Aston Villa,Man U,Crystal Palace and Westham and this we can win if we mentain our momentum, we will win them with ease)

Nothing should stop us. I love this arsenal spirit of not flattering when the need it most.

Remembered some years back when we had opportunity to be in the top 4,it was draw draw all through.

I love this vibe honestly, May we not lose focus please, I miss champions league

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:25am On Mar 07, 2022
Spy360:

In the current set up, Xhaka plays as an 8. I will like ESR to try that role, and make similar impact like Odegaard at the RW.
we were all berating Martinelli yesterday but he was not really fed . Xhaka only made 4 passes to Martinelli yesterday compared to how Odegaard and Saka linked up. ESR can play that role but his goal return might be limited and Partey will be exposed defensively.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:28am On Mar 07, 2022
Jodera2:
Which of the first four goals was the best of the bunch today. Was it odegaard, C.Hernandez, Saka or Martinelli?

I'll go with martinelli as the pick of the bunch. The build up to the goal all involving one-touch pass down to martinelli whose shot was also a one-touch hit was just so exquisite mehn!!

But all four goals are all worth watching again sha grin
It's really difficult to pick one but that Odegaard goal is just wow....the way he was able to sneak the ball back to Saka and his run up to receive the ball again is just heavenly grin grin

One person we need to really commend is Laca, baba just dey lay the ball for Dem kids to score. I will opine we give him like a year contract again at least till the new striker gel with the team.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 9:29am On Mar 07, 2022
daveP:
grin

With the highlight I watched, I am also satisfied with Laca.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 9:34am On Mar 07, 2022
mostob:
It's really difficult to pick one but that Odegaard goal is just wow....the way he was able to sneak the ball back to Saka and his run up to receive the ball again is just heavenly grin grin

One person we need to really commend is Laca, baba just dey lay the ball for Dem kids to score. I will opine we give him like a year contract again at least till the new striker gel with the team.

Laca is that type of forward who makes your attack tick, hr may not necessarily hit 20 goals, but he'll orchestrate up to that or more .
For me, I prefer when the whole attack is a threat and goals come from every angle than relying on a no9 to do all.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:36am On Mar 07, 2022
daveP:
Vardy comes alive when he sees Arsenal o. But currently, the chemistry between barnes and nacho is something cedric cant even face
I won't lie. I was not comfortable with Cedric throughout the match yesterday. There is this kind of intelligence and assurance that Tomi usually brings to his game.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:37am On Mar 07, 2022
Jodera2:
. There was a ball he won outside the 18 yard box(near the throw in side), instead of him to clear his lines he was looking to pass, he was grateful that arsenal players quickly closed down the player that intercepted the pass, else na bash we fit dey bash Ramsdale. Another of such scenario occurred in this same match (I think he rushed the pass) that led to Dennis laying the interception for his player who his shot was later saved by Ramsdale.

But the first example I gave was what made me make that statement, cos even dem Allison or Ederson will clear their lines since they're far away from post, looking to pass at that instance to me smacks of overconfidence
Yea...I remember both scenarios but I think the players lost concentration. I kinda like his confidence sha but he should not overdo it
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:39am On Mar 07, 2022
Fkhalifa:

Laca is that type of forward who makes your attack tick, hr may not necessarily hit 20 goals, but he'll orchestrate up to that or more .
For me, I prefer when the whole attack is a threat and goals come from every angle than relying on a no9 to do all.
Yea..you're right. But I still feel Laca can still get the goals while still making the attack tick. Maybe he is always too tired. He could have got at least a goal yesterday but he fumbled.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by collinometricx: 11:15am On Mar 07, 2022
Spy360:

Odegaard has all we had in Ozil and more. By next season or two he will be best player in PL.

E reach to ask
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 1:17pm On Mar 07, 2022
Spy360:

Nketiah hit the post on first attempt taking his man one on one. We have been lacking that goal threat from Laca. Nketiah only needs to score in back to back games to start benching Lacazette
Arteta's comment on both their performances says otherwise. When Nketiah puts in the work, by then Laca would be gone for good. I saw that effort, but that was his only threat till match end.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 1:18pm On Mar 07, 2022
collinometricx:

Contest with who?
Is the word "better midfielder" invisible? Of course Odegaard. We can't resume UCL football with Odegaard only.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 1:21pm On Mar 07, 2022
mostob:
I won't lie. I was not comfortable with Cedric throughout the match yesterday. There is this kind of intelligence and assurance that Tomi usually brings to his game.

He and Saka did not tick ataallllllllll.

Any idea why Laca was complaining? Cos I doubt it's cos he was subbed off. Looked like he's been complain since the first goal....

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 1:24pm On Mar 07, 2022
Spy360:

Chaaiiiiii.

I've never seen Ozil this insulted in a while!!!! shocked

Abeg take am easy. Na when we resume UCL football una eye go clear??

Ozil and more This is hilarious!! Very very. He doesn't even have the numbers of Dennis of Watford and ya insulting Ozil like this?

Let me walk away... I unsee this!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 1:26pm On Mar 07, 2022
Fkhalifa:

Same here too.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:19pm On Mar 07, 2022
mostob:
we were all berating Martinelli yesterday but he was not really fed . Xhaka only made 4 passes to Martinelli yesterday compared to how Odegaard and Saka linked up. ESR can play that role but his goal return might be limited and Partey will be exposed defensively.
It's something we can try. Partey is really enjoying that sole role of playing holding midfield, and it has made him excel recently as though it was meant to be. If ESR joins, his attacking prowess will keep opponents watching their backs, as he runs very well with the ball.

I hope Arteta tries this.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:21pm On Mar 07, 2022
Fkhalifa:

Mia khalifa, grin grin grin

Arsenal dishing you heartbreaks since 1861.
grin grin grin

Bow down.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:22pm On Mar 07, 2022
Fkhalifa:

Shut up! angry

grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 3:53pm On Mar 07, 2022
King of boys cool

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:54pm On Mar 07, 2022
daveP:

He and Saka did not tick ataallllllllll.

Any idea why Laca was complaining? Cos I doubt it's cos he was subbed off. Looked like he's been complain since the first goal....
Tomi needs to be back ASAP. I don't think Laca was complaining about being subbed. Maybe he was frustrated or he may be giving Nketiah some heads up.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:15pm On Mar 07, 2022
daveP:

Chaaiiiiii.

I've never seen Ozil this insulted in a while!!!! shocked

Abeg take am easy. Na when we resume UCL football una eye go clear??

Ozil and more This is hilarious!! Very very. He doesn't even have the numbers of Dennis of Watford and ya insulting Ozil like this?

Let me walk away... I unsee this!!

What's the deal? In two seasons he will be the best player in EPL.

By now you should know my experience in pointing out star players like I did for Ramsdale, Saka, Martinelli and ESR.

Now I am pointing out Nketiah and Odegaard, in two seasons.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 9:14am On Mar 08, 2022
Spy360:

What's the deal? In two seasons he will be the best player in EPL.

By now you should know my experience in pointing out star players like I did for Ramsdale, Saka, Martinelli and ESR.

Now I am pointing out Nketiah and Odegaard, in two seasons.
Exactly same way you pointed out giroud and Walcott #thenorthalwaysremember
Odegaard haven't even better saka or ESR and you already compare him with ozil
You too like making blasphemous posts
Odegaard can't stand with prime ozil even though I want him to
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:31am On Mar 08, 2022
50d33q:

Exactly same way you pointed out giroud and Walcott #thenorthalwaysremember
Odegaard haven't even better saka or ESR and you already compare him with ozil
You too like making blasphemous posts
Odegaard can't stand with prime ozil even though I want him to

But from my understanding of his post I think he's just being hopeful Odegaard will be a better version of Ozil in the next 2 years. It may or may not happen. Oy time will tell.

As for Giroud and Walcott spy needs to humble himself and accept he made big error that he stanned those two waste pipes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2493) (2494) (2495) (2496) (2497) (2498) (2499) ... (3576) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.