Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (606) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2296664 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) ... (3475) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 2:06pm On Oct 08, 2015
Spy360:
I am not saying he is going to win the league, I am saying that for him to avoid spending even when he had all the money, it shows[b] he knows and has confidence in himself[/b]. Because every other manager would jump at the opportunity. That confidence should be appreciated especially as he is not doing bad in the league.

Confidence or utter hubris? Time will tell.

He isn't paid to 'not to bad in the league' - he is paid to win it.

Wenger has no excuses - if the team fails to deliver it's all on him as he had funds to spend but didn't spend. Granted his favourite targets may have been unavailable, but there's no excuse for failing to sign anyone except Cech if it all goes downhill.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:22pm On Oct 08, 2015
debosky:

Confidence or utter hubris? Time will tell.

He isn't paid to 'not to bad in the league' - he is paid to win it.

Wenger has no excuses - if the team fails to deliver it's all on him as he had funds to spend but didn't spend. Granted his favourite targets may have been unavailable, but there's no excuse for failing to sign anyone except Cech if it all goes downhill.
The owners don't care, do they?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 2:54pm On Oct 08, 2015
Spy360:
The owners don't care, do they?

The majority owner cares, so long as his investment keeps appreciating. The fact is winning the league would only serve to make Arsenal a more attractive brand for marketing/sponsorship and so on, so I do think winning is in the interest of the owners.

The key question of course is how much extra spending would be required to achieve such a win compared to the anticipated income winning would produce. That's the bit I don't know much about.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 08, 2015
If Arsenal end up in the Europa League, y'all are finishing 4th. I wouldn't even wish Europa for United. We rather just finish 4th and go home jeje.

I wish una go finish 3rd for dat group sha...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:25pm On Oct 08, 2015
debosky:

The majority owner cares, so long as his investment keeps appreciating. The fact is winning the league would only serve to make Arsenal a more attractive brand for marketing/sponsorship and so on, so I do think winning is in the interest of the owners.

The key question of course is how much extra spending would be required to achieve such a win compared to the anticipated income winning would produce. That's the bit I don't know much about.
Here you have a manager who tells you not to give him any money for recruits and still promises to win you the title. He is going to be your 'beloved'... So that even if he doesn't, you would not mind handing him another contract for at least sparing your resources.

The owners want a title, but if they don't get it, they still want to keep Wenger. Why do you think Mourinho said he is not under pressure?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:28pm On Oct 08, 2015
What's your opinion about the beef between Oliseh and Enyeama.
News is that he has retired from Super Eagles.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 5:59pm On Oct 08, 2015
Spy360:
What's your opinion about the beef between Oliseh and Enyeama.

News is that he has retired from Super Eagles.
I think oliseh over pushed it....
Dis person just came back from his mom burial na
Den u strip him off captaincy ...who does dat
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Benediict: 6:00pm On Oct 08, 2015
GRACE HAS APPEARED TO ALL MEN !!! SIMPLY RECIEVE THIS FREE GIFT OF SALVATION !!!

Hello Friend! What can you give to God to merit salvation? that's right, nothing! you cannot go to church enough, or pay tithes and offerings enough to be saved.

The Bible says in Ephesians 2:8 'it is by Grace we're saved. . .' and this same Grace of salvation is open to any one that has real faith in Jesus Christ. Yes friend, Even you! No matter how deep you may have Gone into sin, no Matter how many mistakes you may have made, God's arm is still wide open because he's in love with you! . . . . ..

Romans 8:9 says . . . . .'God demonstrates his own love for us in that while we were still sinners Christ died for us' . . . .The punishment for your sins has been paid for by the precious blood of Jesus Christ!! isn't that Great?
Your sins haave been taken away, you'll be made free by simply believing in the finished work of Christ for you.

Finally friend, if you wish to recieve this free gift of salvation simply say this prayer:
HEAVENLY FATHER I COME TO YOU IN THE NAME OF Jesus. YOU SAID IN YOUR WORD THAT WHOEVER SHALL CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD SHALL BE SAVED. THEREFORE, I CALL UPON Jesus AND CONFESS HIM AS MY LORD. I ALSO BELIEVE YOU RAISED HIM FROM THE DEAD TO JUSTIFY ME. I RECIEVE ETERNAL LIFE INTO MY SPIRIT. . . . IN Jesus NAME. AMEN!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Mourinholic(m): 8:12am On Oct 09, 2015
sod09:
I think oliseh over pushed it.... Dis person just came back from his mom burial na Den u strip him off captaincy ...who does dat
They are two different things...Captaincy and Burial... Oliseh made his decision, how is that been disrespectful to his Mum.......
Maybe there is something else I haven't read
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by purplekayc(m): 8:57am On Oct 09, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
If Arsenal end up in the Europa League, y'all are finishing 4th. I wouldn't even wish Europa for United. We rather just finish 4th and go home jeje.

I wish una go finish 3rd for dat group sha...
just hope the quota allocation system for European leagues doesn't affect England.
I hear they may soon reduce the number of clubs from the EPL to 3 down from 4 ,that means tge 4th placed team would not qualify.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 10:32am On Oct 09, 2015
Mourinholic:

They are two different things...Captaincy and Burial...
Oliseh made his decision, how is that been disrespectful to his Mum.......

Maybe there is something else I haven't read
so wats d impact on d team....I think buhari shd suspend super chickens for disgracing nd wasting our tax money angry angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:56pm On Oct 09, 2015
ogbeni, ewo ni gbogbo flapapa?

why u dey spam thread with this post? e be like Giroud matter? abi u be manure supporter? No let devil continue dey use you o.

respect yourself and go to religion section.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 6:50pm On Oct 09, 2015
This letter has inspired me to apply for Wenger's position.

1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 09, 2015
purplekayc:
just hope the quota allocation system for European leagues doesn't affect England.
I hear they may soon reduce the number of clubs from the EPL to 3 down from 4 ,that means tge 4th placed team would not qualify.
Well, EPL is definitely gonna ve another poor outing at this season's UCL. But depending on the performance of Serie A teams, and seeing as their are only two Serie A teams in UCL this season, i think EPL can hold onto dat 4th spot. At least for another season.....
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 8:13am On Oct 10, 2015
Aguero and Silva wil be out till November, weakened Man city team.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 11:55am On Oct 10, 2015
edoyad:
Aguero and Silva wil be out till November, weakened Man city team.
weakened....u very right
But day are still favourite..
Did u see cozza yesterday
D man day dull cozza for where he's playing him oo
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:41pm On Oct 10, 2015
Welcome Klopp... . . . The Flop.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 5:05pm On Oct 10, 2015
Spy360:
Welcome Klopp...
The Flop.
angry angry
He avnt even started u condemning
Nd AW has failed over time
U just over biase dude
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 10, 2015
Spy360:
Welcome Klopp...
The Flop.
Klopp? Flop?? Interedting choice of words.
And u'll come here to tell us Mourinho was wrong to tag Wenger a failure...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by IZUKWU(m): 5:53pm On Oct 10, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
klopp the kop.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by IZUKWU(m): 6:02pm On Oct 10, 2015
sod09:
angry angry
U just over biase dude
if klopp records an identical record to wenger would liverpool be satisfied.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:46pm On Oct 10, 2015
IZUKWU:
if klopp records an identical record to wenger would liverpool be satisfied.
You get sense my brother. Both Man Utd and Liverpool spent over £200million last season just to finish 4th; something Arsenal fans take for granted, even when they spent close to nothing.

For your question, Liverpool would exchange Anfield for Wenger's record- 3EPL titles, 6FA cups, 19 consecutive years of UCL football, a new stadium + over £200million as cash reserves to crown it all.

#ProudlyArsenal.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:49pm On Oct 10, 2015
sod09:
angry angry
U just over biase dude
AdeLaNa1:
I am wishing him success...
In escaping relegation.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 10, 2015
Spy360:
I am wishing him success...
In escaping relegation.
Maybe u should be wishing Wenger luck in qualifying from the UCL group stage and worry less abt Liverpool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 10, 2015
Spy360:
You get sense my brother. Both Man Utd and Liverpool spent over £200million last season just to finish 4th; something Arsenal fans take for granted, even when they spent close to nothing.
United didn't even spend up to £150million. Get ur facts right Mr.

For your question, Liverpool would exchange Anfield for Wenger's record- 3EPL titles, 6FA cups, 19 consecutive years of UCL football, a new stadium + over £200million as cash reserves to crown it all.

#ProudlyArsenal.
Jesus Christ. Wat is wrong wit u??
Liverpool: 5UCL, 18 league titles, 3 Europa League...
The list goes on.
They might not ve won a trophy since 2005. They might not ve a fancy 60,000 sitter stadium. But they definitely ve the financial backing. Anfield is everything The Emirates aspires to be in life...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 10, 2015
Loool! 19 yrs of UCL football. Like u've won a spoon in Europe in those 19 yrs. Liverpool dat still won UCL just 10 yrs ago...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:48pm On Oct 10, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Maybe u should be wishing Wenger luck in qualifying from the UCL group stage and worry less abt Liverpool
Arsenal are already out per se, so if at all we eventually qualify, that would be a Wenger magic.

May be I shouldn't be worrying about Liverpool especially after trashing Man Utd 3 nil. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:51pm On Oct 10, 2015
AdeLaNa1:

United didn't even spend up to £150million. Get ur facts right Mr.

Jesus Christ. Wat is wrong wit u??
Liverpool: 5UCL, 18 league titles, 3 Europa League...
The list goes on.
They might not ve won a trophy since 2005. They might not ve a fancy 60,000 sitter stadium. But they definitely ve the financial backing. Anfield is everything The Emirates aspires to be in life...
Yes I know they have a better overall record in the UCL, but the question was about Wenger's record- that is from 1995 till date.

By the way, Anfield is not a private stadium like Emirates, its on lease. Arsenal is the only PL club that has built their own stadium. Others like QPR and Bolton are not PL clubs.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 10, 2015
Spy360:
Arsenal are already out per se, so if at all we eventually qualify, that would be a Wenger magic.

May be I shouldn't be worrying about Liverpool especially after trashing Man Utd 3 nil. cheesy
Yh! Yh! Bask in ur victory. Its allowed. Given how its d first time since the late 90s dat u've beaten United up to 3 plus a clean sheet, and considering how appalling we were on d day, i can see why u so excited.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 10, 2015
Spy360:
Yes I know they have a better overall record in the UCL, but the question was about Wenger's record- that is from 1995 till date.

By the way, Anfield is not a private stadium like Emirates, its on lease. Arsenal is the only PL club that has built their own stadium. Others like QPR and Bolton are not PL clubs.
How convenient for u and Wenger to pick 1995 as ur benchmark coz soccer started in 95 abi?? angry

Liverpool since 95(1994/1995 season):
1 UCL, 2 FA Cups, 4 Capital One Cup, 1 Uefa Cup, 2 Uefa Super Cups. Even since 1995, Liverpool still shîts on Wenger's head.

Do us all a favour. Next time, u can compare Wenger and Klopp. Leave Liverpool out of it smiley

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:16am On Oct 11, 2015
Congrats to Aaron Ramsey for taking Wales to their first major tournament after close to 60years.

Meanwhile, ...
'Mourinho should learn tactics from Wenger'- Ronald Koeman.

This statement is coming a week after LvG confessed that Arsenal's manager is the best tactician he knows.

#RespectWenger.

(1) (2) (3) ... (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) ... (3475) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.