Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,852 members, 7,802,730 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

Boko Haram Disowns Konduga And Names Ndume As A Target - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Disowns Konduga And Names Ndume As A Target (8654 Views)

Breaking News - Senate President Announce Senator Ndume As Senate Leader !!! / Senator Ndume Broke Down In Tears After Voting In Maiduguri / Nigerian Military Release Photos From The Battle In Konduga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Disowns Konduga And Names Ndume As A Target by cycline404(m): 5:25pm On Nov 24, 2011
Boko Haram Disowns Konduga : Says Ndume Also A Target

The spokesman  of the Jama’atu Ahlus Sunnah oLidda’awati Wal Jihad, popularly aka Boko Haram, Abu Qaqa today described Ali Sanda Umar Konduga who was arrested by the Nigerian State Security Service SSS, as an impostor.

Qaqa, who spoke on phone in Hausa language to a group of newsmen at the Nigerian Union Of Journalists’ (NUJ) press centre in Maiduguri, said that the Boko haram sect does not have any political affiliations. “We do not belong to PDP, ANPP, CPC or any other party. Our struggle  is purely religious”.

Abu Qaqa said that the attempts by the SSS to link the group to politicians especially Sen. Ali Ndume and late Amb. Saidu Pindar as its financiers were just ploys by the SSS to discredit the name of the group and create distraction in its activities. “The government is just using Konduga whose claim of being our member was since rejected, to pursue its own interests. He is just an impostor and not our member”, Qaqa emphasized.

“We have never been associated with any of these people. How could we associate with the same people that are involved in the same system we are struggling to topple?”, he asked.

“Even before the emergence of our Jihadist activities, these politicians had been engaged in their scheming and intrigues and this development is just one of such. It has nothing to do with our group. In fact all these politicians, Ndume, Pindar or David Mark are our potential targets”, he added.

Source
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=148488%3Aboko-haram-disowns-konduga-says-ndume-also-a-target&catid=1%3Anews&Itemid=2
Re: Boko Haram Disowns Konduga And Names Ndume As A Target by adamabdul: 6:00pm On Nov 24, 2011
I laff in sss
Re: Boko Haram Disowns Konduga And Names Ndume As A Target by koruji(m): 6:35pm On Nov 24, 2011
[size=14pt]. . .just ploys by the SSS to discredit the name of the group and create distraction in its activities[/size]

BH actually thinks it has some "credit" that somebody is trying to take away - simply ridiculous.

Anyway, BH is either telling half-truths here or they don't really know all the "branches" of their franchise anymore. They can't deny that their group was initially put together as a political instrument. Now that they are in the "al qaeda" leagues they don't want to recognize other factions of the group anymore. In any case, [size=14pt]Ali Sanda Umar Konduga is definitely a member of the BH franchise and should be thoroughly grilled to reveal what he knows about the group[/size].

How can they claim to be going after the politicians, and at the same time claim that their aims are purely religious? Looks like BH itself is confused.
Re: Boko Haram Disowns Konduga And Names Ndume As A Target by Kobojunkie: 6:41pm On Nov 24, 2011
I didn't expect this to go any differently. BokoHaram is the same group that off-ed one of their own for (pretending to)speaking to Obasanjo on their behalf. Whatever did we expect BokoHaram to do? Beg the SSS to return the arrested to them?? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Boko Haram Disowns Konduga And Names Ndume As A Target by namfav(m): 6:59pm On Nov 24, 2011
sss is targetting the wrong people, they are miles away from the root problems and i speak from studying this, if we had smart people the problem would have been deal with in 2005, in a more effective way than what we've been seeing in recent years, nigeria has to brace herself for worse, we've allowed ourselves to be weak and ignorant of existence of society, this can only bring us closer to an all out war as this is becoming more regionalised and more generaised
Re: Boko Haram Disowns Konduga And Names Ndume As A Target by edoyad(m): 7:16pm On Nov 24, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I didn't expect this to go any differently. BokoHaram is the same group that off-ed one of their own for (pretending to)speaking to Obasanjo on their behalf. Whatever did we expect BokoHaram to do? Beg the SSS to return the arrested to them?? undecided undecided undecided

Exactly. The Morons are probably thinking their reverse psychology will work, try that on your aspiring illiterate cousins my friends.
Re: Boko Haram Disowns Konduga And Names Ndume As A Target by koruji(m): 7:30pm On Nov 24, 2011
Agreed they are targeting the wrong people. Nevertheless this guy is still a member of BH, but seems to be aiming to do in some of the politicians that started off the group and are now pretending they know nothing about it. I wish the SSS would stop coming to the public with this small fries and making a silly show - same thing they did earlier. Instead they need to capture the pawns, grill them thoroughly and piece everything together to reach the masterminds. This guy seems to be particularly willing to talk. Below he claims they have links to al qaeda. The only way to confirm and use that is to find out the details of his knowledge about that link - but not keep revealing it publicly until they have used it to mop up BH sympathizers.

namfav:

sss is targetting the wrong people, they are miles away from the root problems and i speak from studying this, if we had smart people the problem would have been deal with in 2005, in a more effective way than what we've been seeing in recent years, nigeria has to brace herself for worse, we've allowed ourselves to be weak and ignorant of existence of society, this can only bring us closer to an all out war as this is becoming more regionalised and more generaised

[size=14pt]Nigeria sect 'spokesman' claims Al-Qaeda links[/size]

(AFP) – 1 hour ago

MAIDUGURI, Nigeria — A purported spokesman for Islamist sect Boko Haram claimed on Thursday that the group, blamed for attacks including the suicide bombing of UN headquarters in Nigeria, has links with Al-Qaeda.

"It is true we have links with Al-Qaeda," the man identifying himself as Abul Qaqa told reporters in a phone conference in the Hausa language spoken throughout Nigeria's mainly Muslim north. "They assist us and we assist them."

Abul Qaqa has claimed to speak on behalf of Boko Haram on a number of previous occasions. He did not provide further details on the supposed link.

He said "any Muslim group that is struggling to establish an Islamic state can get support from Al-Qaeda if they reach out to them."

There has long been speculation, particularly among Western nations, over whether Boko Haram has formed links with outside extremist groups, including Al-Qaeda's north African branch.

Boko Haram has been blamed for scores of attacks in Nigeria, including the August suicide bombing of UN headquarters in the capital Abuja that killed at least 24 people.

The group is believed to have a number of factions with varying aims.

Nigeria's secret police alleged this week that some Boko Haram members have links to politicians following the arrest of another alleged spokesman for the group.

Abul Qaqa refuted the secret police claims during the phone conference, while also threatening to kill a political figure in the northeastern state of Borno as well as attack political party offices.

He issued the threat against Baba Basharu, chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Borno, because of comments he reportedly made linking Boko Haram to former Borno state governor Ali Modu Sheriff.

Basharu reportedly said Sheriff had allied with the group, but then the two sides had fallen out, causing Boko Haram members to turn against the then-governor.

Nigerian politicians have long been accused of using gangs as muscle or to help rig elections, and links between Sheriff and Boko Haram members have been alleged a number of times.

"The Borno state PDP chairman Baba Basharu should note that he is now on our death list for claiming that we had a link with former governor Ali Modu Sheriff," Abul Qaqa said. "We are going to eliminate him."

Sheriff is a member of the All Nigeria People's Party, currently in power in Borno state. The PDP dominates politics nationally, but is the opposition in Borno.

Abul Qaqa also said that "our next targets of attack will be political party offices , and all buildings where political party posters are posted will also be targets.

"We are calling on members of the public who have rented out their buildings to political parties to immediately convert them to other use. All posters, flags, logos of political parties should be removed from the buildings.

"Similarly, anyone who adorns his house with the symbol of any political party should remove it or else the building will be burnt down."

The purported spokesman said Boko Haram had two conditions for dialogue with the government, describing them as "implementation of sharia in Nigeria and the withdrawal of troops from Maiduguri."

A military task force has been deployed to the northeastern city of Maiduguri in a bid to stop Boko Haram, but soldiers have been accused of major abuses, including killing civilians and burning their homes.

Islamic sharia law is in place in 12 states in northern Nigeria, but it is selectively enforced.
Re: Boko Haram Disowns Konduga And Names Ndume As A Target by NaMe4: 7:58pm On Nov 24, 2011
So wetin be the least you been expect from BH?
Re: Boko Haram Disowns Konduga And Names Ndume As A Target by midpoint: 7:59pm On Nov 24, 2011
the statement of BH is expected. that guy arrested may not be a functional member at the moment, the senator may not be a financier of BH per say he may simply be using that guy for political reasons. whatever the case the senator behaved like a rogue and is not competent to be a senator. i started suspecting him when he was vehemently asking for the withdrawal of troops from maiduguri. whatever the case the arrest of ndume and konduga will sure help investigations.
Re: Boko Haram Disowns Konduga And Names Ndume As A Target by EzeUche(m): 8:08pm On Nov 24, 2011
Ndume could possibly be a scapegoat.
Re: Boko Haram Disowns Konduga And Names Ndume As A Target by adamabdul: 8:20pm On Nov 24, 2011
The guy arrested was never a boko haram member but some fools sitting probably in lagos wil come and argue that he is
Re: Boko Haram Disowns Konduga And Names Ndume As A Target by Xmind1: 8:28pm On Nov 24, 2011
@kobojunkie,
You really got the scope. It was expected of book haram to denie their own or even eliminate them for obvious reasons.

It is the only way they could appear strong and still relevant.
Re: Boko Haram Disowns Konduga And Names Ndume As A Target by ak47mann(m): 8:37pm On Nov 24, 2011
Nigeria a country full of drama and deaths cool cool
Re: Boko Haram Disowns Konduga And Names Ndume As A Target by koruji(m): 8:39pm On Nov 24, 2011
You mean someone would have nothing to do than to plead guilty to being a member of a terrorist group.

Not only that, he is naming names and claiming specific acts he in which he was involved - those involving threat messages were part of the evidence that led to his conviction.

Better you check the information out there about this guy before calling people names.

adamabdul:

The guy arrested was never a boko haram member but some fools sitting probably in lagos wil come and argue that he is
Re: Boko Haram Disowns Konduga And Names Ndume As A Target by adamabdul: 9:04pm On Nov 24, 2011
koruji:

You mean someone would have nothing to do than to plead guilty to being a member of a terrorist group.

Not only that, he is naming names and claiming specific acts he in which he was involved - those involving threat messages were part of the evidence that led to his conviction.

Better you check the information out there about this guy before calling people names.

What is the penalty for terrorism?why wasnt Ali sheriff arrested?why wil he be sentence for only 7 years?was Aliyu Babangida lying since he said he did not receive any sms 4rm him?He was disown by d real boko haram almost 5 months ago even before dis game by sss started
Re: Boko Haram Disowns Konduga And Names Ndume As A Target by freepeople: 9:48pm On Nov 24, 2011
SSS is just another incompetent government body sad
Re: Boko Haram Disowns Konduga And Names Ndume As A Target by okunboy: 9:59pm On Nov 24, 2011
Something abt these BH do not add up.
1. Obj met with a familiy member of Fugu, a known family that has a strong ties wt BH; He was eliminated barely 48hrs after the interview. BH claimed they were not responsible, infact they would not touch a member of fugu family they said. But who killed the Fugu? We don't know.
2. BH has so many spokepersons we don't knw who's authentic.
3. BH demands keep changing almost everytime they speak to the press. Initially, it was sharia in all the northern states, now it is sharia in Nigeria.
4. Boko Haram wanted to eliminate Modu sheriff the former governor of borno state. The condition given to spare his life was if he could come back and aknowledge his membership and resume his role in the group. But today, BH wants to eliminate Basharu the PDP chairman Borno chapter for liinking the same man with them.

"The Borno state PDP chairman Baba Basharu should note that he is now on our death list for claiming that we had a link with former governor Ali Modu Sheriff," Abul Qaqa said. "We are going to eliminate him."

These lunatics do not add up at all!
Re: Boko Haram Disowns Konduga And Names Ndume As A Target by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 25, 2011
BH are much more sophisticated and organised than you can imagine. I personally don't trust a Nigerian government led by Odechukwu el retardo to handle the situation. Just be vigilant. UNDER-RATE THEM AT YOUR PERIL. SSS is just chasing shadows. aS LONG AS THERE IS NO EQUITABLE DISTRIBUTION OF WEALTH AND THE DISPARITY BTW RICH AND POOR KEEPS GETTING WIDER, THEY WILL CONTINUE TO GET MORE RECRUITS. Odechukwu shouldn't go to sleep yet. We are all sitting ducks and potential targets. God help us all,
Re: Boko Haram Disowns Konduga And Names Ndume As A Target by segunjowo(m): 11:09am On Nov 25, 2011
Na wa oh!
Re: Boko Haram Disowns Konduga And Names Ndume As A Target by Baawaa(m): 11:19am On Nov 25, 2011
I believe strongly that whatever that has a beginning must also has an end
Re: Boko Haram Disowns Konduga And Names Ndume As A Target by ocelot2006(m): 11:25am On Nov 25, 2011
It is imperative that Senator Ndume is protected while in custody as he may be a key intelligence asset against BH. The boys from the SSS protection detail will have to step up their game.

It is also time that the SSS and the JTF start thinking outside the box in resolving this security issue once and for all. Identify safe house and send out the army's special forces group or the police Anti-Terror Squadron to find and hunt them down with extreme prejudice. The SSS and NIA could also employ targeted assassinations in identifying and terminating local and foreign backers of BH. Send a message to BH that we are DONE pussy-footing around. Hit them and hit them HARD.
Re: Boko Haram Disowns Konduga And Names Ndume As A Target by AZeD1(m): 11:38am On Nov 25, 2011
ocelot2006:

It is imperative that Senator Ndume is protected while in custody as he may be a key intelligence asset against BH. The boys from the SSS protection detail will have to step up their game.

It is also time that the SSS and the JTF start thinking outside the box in resolving this security issue once and for all. Identify safe house and send out the army's special forces group or the police Anti-Terror Squadron to find and hunt them down with extreme prejudice. The SSS and NIA could also employ targeted assassinations in identifying and terminating local and foreign backers of BH. Send a message to BH that we are DONE Kitty-footing around. Hit them and hit them HARD.
Guy you too dey watch american films. Na niaja we dey 1 + 1 = 4
Re: Boko Haram Disowns Konduga And Names Ndume As A Target by ocelot2006(m): 11:54am On Nov 25, 2011
@ A-ZeD, forget Hollywood. What I mentioned in my previous post can be achieved. The Isrealis have done it with success. Even the then Russian KGB did it with success when their diplomat was kidnapped in Lebanon during the civil war in the 1980s (dismembered parts of the kidnappers' family members were mailed to them in response to the ransome demanded; no one told them fools to release the diplomat immediately, and NO Russian diplomat was ever kidnapped in Lebanon again). The problem we face is the strong will to think outside the box when it comes to intelligence gathering and counter-terror Ops. It's high time that changes.
Re: Boko Haram Disowns Konduga And Names Ndume As A Target by Beaf1: 11:58am On Nov 25, 2011
A-ZeD:

Guy you too dey watch american films. Na niaja we dey 1 + 1 = 4

Why you come first me reply this guy eh?

I think he has been watching too much of Jack Bauers.
Re: Boko Haram Disowns Konduga And Names Ndume As A Target by WilyWily4: 12:03pm On Nov 25, 2011
Nigeria government should stop disturbing Boko Haram, these are genuine uncorrupted people who want good for their people, they want North Nigeria Islamic republic rule by Islamic law, this is what  99% of their people wanted, i see no reason why corrupt Nigeria keep on disturbing them.
Re: Boko Haram Disowns Konduga And Names Ndume As A Target by Beaf1: 12:07pm On Nov 25, 2011
ocelot2006:

@ A-ZeD, forget Hollywood. What I mentioned in my previous post can be achieved. The Isrealis have done it with success. Even the then Russian KGB did it with success when their diplomat was kidnapped in Lebanon during the civil war in the 1980s (dismembered parts of the kidnappers' family members were mailed to them in response to the ransome demanded; no one told them fools to release the diplomat immediately, and NO Russian diplomat was ever kidnapped in Lebanon again). The problem we face is the strong will to think outside the box when it comes to intelligence gathering and counter-terror Ops. It's high time that changes.

The Russian KGB and the Israel Police donot collect N20 and allow culprits to pass checkpoints with bombs and human heads in their car trunks.

We dont a Police in Nigeria. All we have are hungry looking people who can happily pawn their AK47s for a plate of rice.  cheesy
Re: Boko Haram Disowns Konduga And Names Ndume As A Target by ocelot2006(m): 12:09pm On Nov 25, 2011
@ Beaf

Well, according to you I watch too much of Jack Bauer. Funny thing is I'm not much of a fan of 24. I don't claim to be a security consultant, but hey maybe you know I don't. Pls do feel free to enlighten me.
Re: Boko Haram Disowns Konduga And Names Ndume As A Target by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 12:09pm On Nov 25, 2011
Wily¬Wily:

Nigeria government should stop disturbing Boko Haram, these are genuine uncorrupted people who want good for their people, they want North Nigeria Islamic republic rule by Islamic law, this is what  99% of their people wanted, i see no reason why corrupt Nigeria keep on disturbing them.
may God help you cos i see u have a low IQ. Infact i'm not sure u are in nigeria and thats why u just made this absurd comment. Go tell the innocent grieving families that have been touched by this sect what u've just posted and see if u will walk out alive
Re: Boko Haram Disowns Konduga And Names Ndume As A Target by slap1(m): 12:20pm On Nov 25, 2011
Why did BH even dignify the guy's arrest with this diversionary press release? If the man is not your member, why not sharap and keep targeting David Mark and co.?
Re: Boko Haram Disowns Konduga And Names Ndume As A Target by ocelot2006(m): 12:22pm On Nov 25, 2011
@ Beaf, it's no news that the NPF's a mess now. I also have family members who have been victims of their excesses. Still, the very same police force is full of suprises. Though filled with a number of educated illiterates, the force equally boasts of well trained officers, inspectors, and rank-and-file men ready to do their duty, from Ops and Intel gathering and analysis to the support services (I.e. Bomb disposal, Signals, Air-wing, etc).
Re: Boko Haram Disowns Konduga And Names Ndume As A Target by BERNIMOORE: 12:23pm On Nov 25, 2011
WHO IS FOOLING WHO?

DO YOU EXPECT THE BOKO HARAM TO ADMIT DEFEAT?NO SIR
ITS THEIR USUAL TRADITION TO DISOWN ANY OF THEIR MEMBERS EVENTUALLY CAUGHT OR THOUGHT TO HAVE BROKE  ANY OFTHIER RULES.IF THEY CAN DISOWN THE BROTHER TO THEIR FOUNDER BY EXECUTING HIM,WHY NOT A COMMON SPOKESMAN OF THEM CAUGHT BY THE SSS; ''KODUNGA''I CAN CONVINCINLY SAY THAT THE BOKO HARAM FELT JITERY ABOUT THIS SHOCKING REVELATION FROM THEIR SPOKEMEN AND NOTE THAT NOT ALL PROOFS WERE DECLARED BY THE SSS,JUST WAIT UNTIL IT UNFOLDS.FOR LOGICAL REASONINGS,PLS READ THIS

[b] on 18th september 2011
''Barely 72 hours after holding a peace meeting with former President Olusegun Obasanjo, Babakura Fugu, a brother-in-law of the slain Boko Haram leader, Mohammed Yusuf has been killed.

He was killed by unidentified gunmen in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, yesterday.17/9/11.

Fugu’s death occured amid indications that the Yusuf’s family is split over the late Fugu’s meeting with Obasanjo. It was also learnt that a division might have erupted over monetary gift allegedly given to the family by Obasanjo.

The Commissioner of Police in Borno State, Mr. Simeon Midenda, confirmed the death of Fugu. He said: "The gunman pulled a Kalashnikov rifle from inside the folds of his traditional robes and shot Fugu to death. No one else was wounded in the attack and the gunman apparently walked away."

A top security source, who spoke in confidence, said: "The spokesman of Fugu family, Babakura Fugu, who, on Thursday, received ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo on Boko Haram mediation talks has been killed. The attackers were said to have been led by one of the deceased’s younger brothers.

"It is evident that other members of the sect felt Babakura Fugu should not have been the person to talk on their behalf. There is evidence of envy. Again, the money Obasanjo allegedly gave the Fugu family could be another cause of the killing.

"Normally, any money they (the Boko Haram) get either through gifts or other means is shared into five places for widows of Boko Haram leaders; Zakat for the less privileged members; Sukrah-the highest ruling organ of Boko Haram; and other members. This time around, it could be Babakura Fugu defied the formula."
[/b] "Some Boko Haram members were also unhappy with the over one-hour audience Babakura Fugu had with Obasanjo. They felt he must have let out some secrets about their operation to a military man, who fought a civil war and rose to the rank of a General in the Nigerian Army.

WE IN THE SOUTH ARE TOO REFINED TO BE DECEIVED,WHEN GHADAFI WAS CALLING NATO ''RATS'' NOBODY WOULD EVER BELIVED THAT HE WAS LIVING INSIDE A GUTTER PIPE LIVING WITH RATS WHERE HE WAS EVENTUALLY CAUTGH AND EXECUTED.SO THEY ARE ALL BIRDS WITH SAME FEATHERS,THEY ARE PRETENDERS AND LIARS,YOU CAN INSULT ME IF WHAT I SAID OFFENDS YOU THATS HOW SMALL BRAIN REACT WHEN STRUCK WITH TRUTH,HA HA HA HA HA.
Re: Boko Haram Disowns Konduga And Names Ndume As A Target by WilyWily4: 12:50pm On Nov 25, 2011
BCuZiMBlaCk:

may God help you cos i see u have a low IQ. Infact i'm not sure u are in nigeria and thats why u just made this absurd comment. Go tell the innocent grieving families that have been touched by this sect what u've just posted and see if u will walk out alive
Man,
99% Moslems prefer to be govern by Islamic Law, Boho Haram have made it clear what majority of their people wanted, an Islamic Republic govern by the way of Allah, then tell me the reason why disturbing them.
I wish Boko Haram all the best, may Allah guard and protect them to achieve their humble desire of Islamic Republic of Northern Nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

INEC Declines To Register Rival APC- PDP Loses / Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant / "My Govt. Can't Solve The Nigeria Problem Of 16 Years In Just 4 Years"-buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.