Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,948 members, 7,890,121 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 09:37 AM

Sent Money To A Wrong Account. How Do I Get It Back ? - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Sent Money To A Wrong Account. How Do I Get It Back ? (28103 Views)

How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) / Have You Ever Transferred Money To The Wrong Account? / What To Do When You Send Money To The Wrong Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sent Money To A Wrong Account. How Do I Get It Back ? by free234free: 8:26am On May 31
Real2088:

That was my anger too,if he can waste 100k because of 20k on Top hungry Nigerian that means he is even more mean than this government cry
yes o. If the hungry Nigerian contacted me that he is hungry and ask me to take half and he talk half , I got tell am to take all. The money ni reach wetin I dey loose in seconds. But as he think say he get coconut head , I go show am say na palm kennel head I get. By Monday I dey pay pay person to get me court order to block him account. Yes I will spend more then 20k but I no send.
Re: Sent Money To A Wrong Account. How Do I Get It Back ? by free234free: 8:39am On May 31
ndu99:
Abro, no rich and sane man will leave his daily engagement in chase of 20k. Getting a lawyer, swearing an affidatvit and others, before u know 200k gone Worst if the recipient too has money and he'll also want to escalates the matter. Later on you'll regret even chasing the money.
u must be dumb. Na your type dey scam people of 10k to 20k and believe say nothing they person go do. When you jam coconut heads like us. E go shock you how I go use 200k to chase the money and still claim damages say e affect my business and still make am pay more

1 Like

Re: Sent Money To A Wrong Account. How Do I Get It Back ? by free234free: 8:43am On May 31
Sapasenator:

Where is the crime? Did he steal from you? How did he do it ? broke into your accounts? Hell no!

There is none whatsoever. He did not take your money, you gave it to him. Even the banks will never disclose his identity to you. Your best bet is to look for him and negotiate, you won't get it back with gra gra. If you send 200M to my account, you won't get a dime back as I will move the funds to my offshore holding accounts immediately. I do this all the time, way out of the reach of Nigerian banks. You can only beg me but can never use force cos I know the law very well.
logically the guy i transferred to didn't commit any crime. Where I feel it became a crime was when he was contacted to return the money and he say he no dey return

2 Likes

Re: Sent Money To A Wrong Account. How Do I Get It Back ? by free234free: 8:53am On May 31
Sapasenator:

I will bribe commissioner of police. I will take your money and still lock you up with the police if you make noise.
Just transfer to my account first.

Seems you have been living under the rock.
no pray to jam person like me. If not life go tire you. I will update you about this guy soon

1 Like

Re: Sent Money To A Wrong Account. How Do I Get It Back ? by Reality2023: 9:13am On May 31
If it is Union bank you won't get it back. My N24000 has been with them for the past 2 years.
Re: Sent Money To A Wrong Account. How Do I Get It Back ? by Highestpromoton(m): 10:22am On May 31
free234free:
how. Much will it cost to get the court order and submit it to the bank?

There’s no fixed amount, depends on the amount involved. How much did you send?
Have you gone to the Bank to place a lien on the account you erroneously transferred money to?
Re: Sent Money To A Wrong Account. How Do I Get It Back ? by Estellie: 10:46am On May 31
Ileriahur:
Please how do I go about this too; I was to send light bill to a Palmpay account but mistakenly send it to OPay account, mind you the wrong account brought out same name with the Palmpay account obviously it’s the same account number, but now the person I am paying to said she doesn’t have an OPay account. How do I get my money back from the OPay account that doesn’t exist.
Tell her to open an opay account with the number. The money will reflect
Re: Sent Money To A Wrong Account. How Do I Get It Back ? by free234free: 11:10am On May 31
Highestpromoton:

There’s no fixed amount, depends on the amount involved. How much did you send?
Have you gone to the Bank to place a lien on the account you erroneously transferred money to?
20k I called them. They said I should bring a court order
Re: Sent Money To A Wrong Account. How Do I Get It Back ? by ellizy(m): 11:12am On May 31
Highestpromoton:

Keep shut if you have no knowledge of how one can get back he’s or her money erroneously transferred to another account.
Nothing differentiate you from the scam comedy I just viewed now on nairaland....
Have a great day Mr barrister lawyer 🤡
Re: Sent Money To A Wrong Account. How Do I Get It Back ? by Damian911: 11:37am On May 31
Bro I feel your pain but you have to count your lose and move on. If you check I was also once defrauded where I work at a bet shop 12k but I can tell you how I got my money back if you can do it
Re: Sent Money To A Wrong Account. How Do I Get It Back ? by LORDKing001: 3:31pm On May 31
free234free:
how much did it cost you to get court order? Omo 5m much o. U sure say that bastard never japa?
Court order 5% of the money.
Got my reversal today
Re: Sent Money To A Wrong Account. How Do I Get It Back ? by LORDKing001: 3:32pm On May 31
erico2k2:

I think they usually freeze the account.Thos recieoants are selfish, if not n returning such sums you will find them small thing, I was even saying I will give the guy in my case N50k he refuse talking rubbish that he don't know what I am talking about.
Money back today
Re: Sent Money To A Wrong Account. How Do I Get It Back ? by erico2k2(m): 5:47pm On May 31
LORDKing001:

Money back today
Great
Re: Sent Money To A Wrong Account. How Do I Get It Back ? by free234free: 11:20pm On May 31
LORDKing001:

Got my reversal today
wow that's nice thanks . I will try doing it tomorrow. I have a couple of transactions I need to include
Re: Sent Money To A Wrong Account. How Do I Get It Back ? by TossTos: 2:30am On Jun 01
JONSYN7154:
there's this post I shared here last time. Am going to look for it and mentioned you there do you can follow the steps.

I am so sorry for quoting you..
Please , you should mention me too there .. I have this similar issue at hand now ..
This one is an unauthorized transaction from a sisters account to Kuda , her phone was stolen and her palmpay account was logged into and money transferred from there to Kuda Bank before we could reach palmpay customer care agent . I've tried everything possible and nothing good has comes out of it ...
The sum transferred was 499k
Re: Sent Money To A Wrong Account. How Do I Get It Back ? by TossTos: 2:37am On Jun 01
LORDKing001:

Money back today

Great , I think you'll have to help me too out , how can I go about mine here too .. I have this similar issue presently. Mine is unauthorized transactions ,phone was stolen , the account was logged into and money was transferred.. I've tried everything possible to no avail. Gone to palmpay office, wrote Kuda banks , and so forth but no good results
Re: Sent Money To A Wrong Account. How Do I Get It Back ? by TossTos: 3:30am On Jun 01
Sapasenator:

You can never transfer 80M by mistake. No online transfer would allow that so your assumption is moot on arrival.

However, if you walked into a branch and transferred 80M to the wrong account, then the amount is large enough to warrant spending resources to recover. You have to realize you can never charge the recipient with any form of crime as they never broke into your account to take money, you willingly transferred the money to them. No crime has been committed. You cannot even take them to court or charge them with anything.

There is no guarantee that you will get your 80M even after spending all the resources in this world. I will go to police HQ and give 10M out of the 80M to bribe the police ogas. Nothing you can do my friend. I worked in the bank for more than five years.

Now this is an interesting topic of discussion and answers to this topic represent the difference in mindset between rich and poor people, The poor are always full of emotions, and they never reason rationally, like most responders, nobody has even bothered to ask the pertinent question, what can I do to prevent this kind of occurrence in the future? Everyone is hung up on the negative emotions of how to fight and recover the money. The rich are rich because of their mindset, always careful with their money, and will never send money to the wrong. Every week, I transfer money to more than 10 accounts and i will never make the mistake of sending money to the wrong account because I fully understand the implications that I may never get my money back.

You see, no one has access to the account of the recipient, not even the banks are allowed to transfer from recipients account without their consent. There has to be proof of the commission of a crime before the law can go into the account of the recipient to look for the transfer. In this case, there is none.

I can bet money, OP will still send money to wrong accounts in the future.

I so much believe you ..
But please , what can i do in terms of an unauthorized transaction
One of my sister's phone was stolen and her palmpay account was logged into and 499k was transferred to a Kuda Bank before we could reach a customer care agent or try means to suspend the account..
we told the agent to escalate the transaction and she did . But nothing positive has come from it , I keep calling and calling the palmpay for mail to be send to Kuda to know our next move .I messaged Kuda ans the said , they awaits palmpay's mail first ..
Re: Sent Money To A Wrong Account. How Do I Get It Back ? by Highestpromoton(m): 10:26am On Jun 01
free234free:
20k I called them. They said I should bring a court order

The issue is, how much you wan pay lawyer because of 20k?
Re: Sent Money To A Wrong Account. How Do I Get It Back ? by Highestpromoton(m): 10:31am On Jun 01
ellizy:

Nothing differentiate you from the scam comedy I just viewed now on nairaland....
Have a great day Mr barrister lawyer 🤡

You can believe whatever you choose to believe, not my reality.
Re: Sent Money To A Wrong Account. How Do I Get It Back ? by JONSYN7154: 11:46am On Jun 01
TossTos:

I am so sorry for quoting you..
Please , you should mention me too there .. I have this similar issue at hand now ..
This one is an unauthorized transaction from a sisters account to Kuda , her phone was stolen and her palmpay account was logged into and money transferred from there to Kuda Bank before we could reach palmpay customer care agent . I've tried everything possible and nothing good has comes out of it ...
The sum transferred was 499k
done
Re: Sent Money To A Wrong Account. How Do I Get It Back ? by LORDKing001: 10:00am On Jun 02
TossTos:

Great , I think you'll have to help me too out , how can I go about mine here too .. I have this similar issue presently. Mine is unauthorized transactions ,phone was stolen , the account was logged into and money was transferred.. I've tried everything possible to no avail. Gone to palmpay office, wrote Kuda banks , and so forth but no good results
First banks will not respond to you highest them go d post u up and down. What you need to do is goto lawyer and he'll advice you promptly. You must budget money for court order and police report that you will obtain to track and hopefully you'll get your money
Re: Sent Money To A Wrong Account. How Do I Get It Back ? by LORDKing001: 10:01am On Jun 02
free234free:
wow that's nice thanks . I will try doing it tomorrow. I have a couple of transactions I need to include
Make hay while d sun shine
Re: Sent Money To A Wrong Account. How Do I Get It Back ? by eepeepook: 9:31pm On Jun 03
Four days later. Wetin come happen?
Re: Sent Money To A Wrong Account. How Do I Get It Back ? by vacettetommy(m): 10:47pm On Jun 04
LORDKing001:

Got my reversal today
This is quite impressive, pls did you took the court order to the bank you mistakenly transferred the money to or to your own bank, I find myself in the same scenario and I’m trying to get my money back
Re: Sent Money To A Wrong Account. How Do I Get It Back ? by Nwanna2588: 9:31am On Jun 05
vacettetommy:

This is quite impressive, pls did you took the court order to the bank you mistakenly transferred the money to or to your own bank, I find myself in the same scenario and I’m trying to get my money back

Is it paid immediately or when the money is recovered?
Re: Sent Money To A Wrong Account. How Do I Get It Back ? by LORDKing001: 5:50pm On Jun 06
vacettetommy:

My lawyer did that on my behalf. Court order was served to Wrong account I sent to which is Moniepoint. Got momey back in 1week

1 Like

Re: Sent Money To A Wrong Account. How Do I Get It Back ? by Stephenmouka4(m): 5:34am On Jun 07
Ewu use 1m and go and pursue the person ontop 20k
Na rich man dey worry you
Na em no make u look the recipient before you sent the money mumu man

1 Like

Re: Sent Money To A Wrong Account. How Do I Get It Back ? by Futureyahooboi(m): 7:10pm On Jun 19
Millimann:

I went to a magistrate court and they prepared it sighed by the magistrate. I paid 10k. It's court order, not court affidavit.
But before I went to court the bank blocked the receiving account.
Follow the same process.

Good evening bro, please which of the court did you go to because am in Lagos now and I have informed my bank but the guy that is helping me to follow up said I will need court order.
Please I help on how to go about it, thanks
Re: Sent Money To A Wrong Account. How Do I Get It Back ? by Sapasenator: 8:20pm On Jun 19
Receiving account go do transfer the money sharperly. Penny wise pound foolish if you ask me.

Now say after me again,

SOPE OTILO!
Re: Sent Money To A Wrong Account. How Do I Get It Back ? by Millimann: 8:33am On Jun 20
Futureyahooboi:

Good evening bro, please which of the court did you go to because am in Lagos now and I have informed my bank but the guy that is helping me to follow up said I will need court order.
Please I help on how to go about it, thanks

I'm not in Lagos.

But just go to any magistrate court or high court. Meet the clerks that are in the offices there. They will type it and give to the magistrate to sign. They will ask you to come and collect the court order later, maybe the next day.

It's a simple process. You are not meeting the magistrate or judge yourself.
Re: Sent Money To A Wrong Account. How Do I Get It Back ? by Futureyahooboi(m): 9:09am On Jun 20
Millimann:

I'm not in Lagos.

But just go to any magistrate court or high court. Meet the clerks that are in the offices there. They will type it and give to the magistrate to sign. They will ask you to come and collect the court order later, maybe the next day.

It's a simple process. You are not meeting the magistrate or judge yourself.

Thanks bro respect 🫡

1 Like

Re: Sent Money To A Wrong Account. How Do I Get It Back ? by vacettetommy(m): 6:14pm On Jul 08
Got my money back today after submitting a court order on 7th of June. Thanks to everyone in the comment section for the enlightenment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ibukun Awosika: I Had Great Plans For First Bank / Zuckerberg’s Non-verbal Message To Nigerian Entrepreneurs / What To Know About The NNPC's $3billion Loan From Afrexim Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.