Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,947 members, 7,896,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 01:35 AM

What I Noticed After Buying Petrol At NNPC Shomolu, Lagos Yesterday. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What I Noticed After Buying Petrol At NNPC Shomolu, Lagos Yesterday. (39853 Views)

To The Men: If This Lady Sells Petrol At N1000 Per Litre, Will You Buy? (Photo) / Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station / US Sheriff Forced To Repay N25m After Buying An Hellcat With Seized Drug Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Noticed After Buying Petrol At NNPC Shomolu, Lagos Yesterday. by Anumpama(m): 5:58pm On Jun 02
Abi na advertisement be this ?
Re: What I Noticed After Buying Petrol At NNPC Shomolu, Lagos Yesterday. by doyeni: 6:01pm On Jun 02
Pheelep, I experienced same last week and have my video recordings, I had to buy from Mobil and Northwest to confirm (I had no issues with them). The NNPC franchise at Shomolu is obviously committing fraud.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed After Buying Petrol At NNPC Shomolu, Lagos Yesterday. by Verbtips(m): 6:03pm On Jun 02
saveman91:
The fuel has two colours which is yellow and white

The yellow show that it's original!

white show that it's fake you'll think it's water
tan tan tangrin
Re: What I Noticed After Buying Petrol At NNPC Shomolu, Lagos Yesterday. by cardoctor(m): 6:04pm On Jun 02
Make sure your fuel gauge works properly.
Re: What I Noticed After Buying Petrol At NNPC Shomolu, Lagos Yesterday. by 2RightHands1Coc(m): 6:04pm On Jun 02
I bought fuel at petro cam and I can swear on anyrhr, the thing dey go down super fast... Bought from them again to be very sure and voila same thing happened, that's in between buying from Nnpc, since the i japa but what do I know
Re: What I Noticed After Buying Petrol At NNPC Shomolu, Lagos Yesterday. by yesloaded: 6:08pm On Jun 02
Since last year (can't remember the month) I only buy fuel for NNPC cos e dey last well well & accurate measurement

Your story na confirmento

3 Likes

Re: What I Noticed After Buying Petrol At NNPC Shomolu, Lagos Yesterday. by Procashtips(m): 6:09pm On Jun 02
It's actually the other way round for me.

I only buy from Total and Mobil.

Used to buy from NNPC but discovered it burns so fast.
Re: What I Noticed After Buying Petrol At NNPC Shomolu, Lagos Yesterday. by udemzyudex(m): 6:15pm On Jun 02
Nothing wey no get fake for this country.
Re: What I Noticed After Buying Petrol At NNPC Shomolu, Lagos Yesterday. by JONSYN7154: 6:18pm On Jun 02
pheelhip:
I purchased Certain amount of fuel into my car yesterday at NNPC Shomolu Lagos State. Before my purchase it was 1bar but after purchase i got 4bars.

Went on a trip of 70km to and from and still got same 4bars, no single deduction. I noticed everytime i purchase at other filling stations most especially at AP Onipaanu and Mobil Anthony. After 30km 1bar is gone already. The fuel combustion rate is always higher.
But yesterday purchase at NNPC shomolu really got me wondering what could have happened.

Does that mean other station where I recently purchased are selling aldutered petrol or why the quick combustion of their petrol.

Meanwhile I noticed the one I bought from NNPC has a very thick yellowish color while that of AP is always light yellowish.
The higher the density of the petrol the higher the combustion.

And the lower the density of the petrol the lower the combustion.
Re: What I Noticed After Buying Petrol At NNPC Shomolu, Lagos Yesterday. by SouthSouth1914: 6:22pm On Jun 02
Aleem26:
Their pump ain’t accurate Bros

Not the pump but the rate of combustion is at question here!
Re: What I Noticed After Buying Petrol At NNPC Shomolu, Lagos Yesterday. by sprints1: 6:28pm On Jun 02
It is chemistry most fuel co.es with more methane and other added chemicals to save cost... however this is very bad... that's why most times fuel gets dried up... if I were u do ground test or cloth rest pour both fuel from filling stations on tk the ground or cloth u will notice that one dries up quickly... na d scope b that
Re: What I Noticed After Buying Petrol At NNPC Shomolu, Lagos Yesterday. by famouscargo4u: 6:38pm On Jun 02
pheelhip:
I purchased Certain amount of fuel into my car yesterday at NNPC Shomolu Lagos State. Before my purchase it was 1bar but after purchase i got 4bars.

Went on a trip of 70km to and from and still got same 4bars, no single deduction. I noticed everytime i purchase at other filling stations most especially at AP Onipaanu and Mobil Anthony. After 30km 1bar is gone already. The fuel combustion rate is always higher.
But yesterday purchase at NNPC shomolu really got me wondering what could have happened.

Does that mean other station where I recently purchased are selling aldutered petrol or why the quick combustion of their petrol.

Meanwhile I noticed the one I bought from NNPC has a very thick yellowish color while that of AP is always light yellowish.

God Bless you. I recently noticed I finish full tank in a week which Is unusual. Everyone should stick to NNPC.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed After Buying Petrol At NNPC Shomolu, Lagos Yesterday. by udomonday: 6:38pm On Jun 02
fineboynl:
There are two things involved.

Your gauge might be having issues or sometimes it happens like that and it will go down suddenly if you do few km and you will begin to wonder why.

2. Might just be the original fuel.
the fuel is the original one.I noticed that during fuel scarcity when I bought fuel from a particular station I realized that their fuel does not burn fast I used their fuel until I confess,quite unlike other fliiling stations that I used to buy fuel from,since that day I have become their customer,even if tbier price is higher than others,I still buy from them.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed After Buying Petrol At NNPC Shomolu, Lagos Yesterday. by emmy9500: 6:38pm On Jun 02
Might be a number of factors but you can’t use the colour to decide

All petrol is colorless, they only add dye to give it color so that people don’t confuse it with kerosene

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed After Buying Petrol At NNPC Shomolu, Lagos Yesterday. by Judolisco(m): 6:48pm On Jun 02
pheelhip:

bros na d quantity of d fuel wey u buy.....if u r not buying full tank then don't be sure of d quantity u get oh.... And sometimes, it depends on d type of journey.... When I travelled to ilorin from Abuja last year, I bought 33k fuel in my corolla, it took me to ilorin and I still use d car in ilorin for a while b4 buying fuel again...... Now when I'm going back to Abuja I bought almost 40k fuel, when I got to abj twas already showing yellow light.... Why is because na hill I dey climb as I dey come back oh and I have to accelerate more

3 Likes

Re: What I Noticed After Buying Petrol At NNPC Shomolu, Lagos Yesterday. by dominique(f): 6:51pm On Jun 02
Hope this is not the type of fuel dangote wants to be selling to us

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed After Buying Petrol At NNPC Shomolu, Lagos Yesterday. by Ogbuu101: 7:04pm On Jun 02
fineboynl:
There are two things involved.

Your gauge might be having issues or sometimes it happens like that and it will go down suddenly if you do few km and you will begin to wonder why.

2. Might just be the original fuel.
You na original petrolhead!
Re: What I Noticed After Buying Petrol At NNPC Shomolu, Lagos Yesterday. by saveman91(m): 7:07pm On Jun 02
Verbtips:
tan tan tangrin
I see u bro
Re: What I Noticed After Buying Petrol At NNPC Shomolu, Lagos Yesterday. by Kpilo101: 7:08pm On Jun 02
It means two things from my experience.
1. There's what we call quality control in PMS, is where you test to know the temperature and density of the product to ascertain it's quality..
2. The fuel dispenser meter is adjusted. 60% of of Nigeria fuel stations do this.
Re: What I Noticed After Buying Petrol At NNPC Shomolu, Lagos Yesterday. by BarrElChapo(m): 7:49pm On Jun 02
WareLogMan:

This is reality brother
No advert, I don't even know a single staff of them.

You’re not even the OP 😂😂😂😂 more reason to know it’s an advertisement.

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed After Buying Petrol At NNPC Shomolu, Lagos Yesterday. by condralbedez: 7:50pm On Jun 02
Timagex:
With the way this country is going, only God knows how next year will be. Things are hard o..
The agbadorians still blves that everything are okay.
Re: What I Noticed After Buying Petrol At NNPC Shomolu, Lagos Yesterday. by zudozz: 8:04pm On Jun 02
pheelhip:

Fuel in naija comes in different colours. From what I know.
Re: What I Noticed After Buying Petrol At NNPC Shomolu, Lagos Yesterday. by femi4: 8:09pm On Jun 02
pheelhip:

It's called octane rating. The nnpc fuel has higher octane rating. It is denser than others

Others are not fake, they are variant. In abroad, you buy fuel based of vehicle type and affordability

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed After Buying Petrol At NNPC Shomolu, Lagos Yesterday. by Mcslize: 8:16pm On Jun 02
Nigeria is a jungle. I've said it multiple times and I will say it again. You will hardly get value for your money in whatever you buy in Nigeria. That's because everyone wants to cheat the other person by adulterating goods and services just to make more profits.

In saner climes, you will always get value for your money because, everything is properly regulated. That's why I don't buy the idea of some persons in diaspora always complaining of bills. At least, whatever you buy there, you get value for your money.

But here in Nigeria, you will never get value for your money. We consume rubbish, buy rubbish and still get cheated on by the sellers.

Now that you have discovered this, pheelhip, always stick to buying at NNPC no matter the distance to their filling station, cuz with that, you will be saving lots of money buying from them as their petrol will last you longer.

It is what it is. I repeat, Nigeria is a jungle occupied by animals in human forms.
Re: What I Noticed After Buying Petrol At NNPC Shomolu, Lagos Yesterday. by Ten06(m): 8:28pm On Jun 02
pheelhip:

Why did it take you so long before you noticed that petrol from independed marketers burn FASTER than the one of NNPC? It is not only petrol, even cooking gas from NNPC last longer than gas from other stations

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed After Buying Petrol At NNPC Shomolu, Lagos Yesterday. by franklingud(m): 8:29pm On Jun 02
I noticed this same issue in Enugu.
NNPC, total energies fueling stations sell better fuel than other stations. Their fuel lasts longer than other stations.
Nigeria is just full of corruption from the top to the bottom.
Re: What I Noticed After Buying Petrol At NNPC Shomolu, Lagos Yesterday. by Emdebby2: 8:31pm On Jun 02
Those who buy petrol over to you.
Re: What I Noticed After Buying Petrol At NNPC Shomolu, Lagos Yesterday. by femi4: 8:35pm On Jun 02
Emdebby2:
Those who buy petrol over to you.
Tell us about firewood

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lecturer Lynched For Hitting Kids While Avoiding Trailer / Senate Uncovers Cargoes Loaded With Cars Abandoned For Decade / The Honda Place Abuja Bills Man N15million To Fix A N4million Honda Civic Coupe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.