Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,575 members, 7,801,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

U.S Embassy In Abuja From the Airport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Embassy In Abuja From the Airport (3499 Views)

Photos Of Stranded Passengers At The Airport Due To Fuel Scarcity / U.S. Embassy Abuja New Procedure For Drop Box Renewals / Relocating To Abuja From Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.S Embassy In Abuja From the Airport by kojeiwa(m): 7:44pm On Nov 25, 2011
Please I have a interview next week  in the U.S Embassy in Abuja and I wanted to know how far is the Airport to the U.S Embassy.

I am taking a public transport there from the Airport though I am flying to Abuja. Thanks
Re: U.S Embassy In Abuja From the Airport by OmoTier1(m): 8:28pm On Nov 25, 2011
Public transport? Airport to Maitama where US embassy is based is abit far. Get out of the airport and get "green" taxi. Do not take taxi inside the airport else you wil pay heavily. Green taxi in Abuja cost anything from N250 to N1500 a drop.

Just use google earth to see how far it is and using public transport may not serve you well unless your interview is many hours away from your flight arrival.
Re: U.S Embassy In Abuja From the Airport by werepeLeri: 10:32pm On Nov 25, 2011
Bro -

The best bet for you is to take a cab from the airport - its only 4k, avoid those rickety Abuja green cabs.
Re: U.S Embassy In Abuja From the Airport by OmoTier1(m): 11:00pm On Nov 25, 2011
werepeLeri:

Bro -

The best bet for you is to take a cab from the airport - its only 4k, avoid those rickety Abuja green cabs.
Sorry mind me asking when last you took a cab from the Airport to Maitama for 4k?
Re: U.S Embassy In Abuja From the Airport by FASTLINK1: 8:24pm On Nov 26, 2011
Hello, US embassy Abuja is at the central business district, also known as central area.
It is not far from the National hospital Abuja. Maitama is the old office and they don't do visa interview there.

On how to get there, it would have been better if you had a friend to pick you so you don't fall into the wrong hand.

Betterstill, You can ask the  friend to get you a contact of a cab man, with that you'd get to speak with him, fix a price and means of identification, the price should not be more than 4k based on what a cab man I once hooked up with a friend charged, and this was on monday, this week.
Re: U.S Embassy In Abuja From the Airport by werepeLeri: 7:28am On Nov 27, 2011
OP.

You do the right thing. The cabbies at the airport are registered and you dont have to compare them with the green cabs. Most times if I travel and dont leave my car at the airport- I and I am sure many people, do take the Airport Taxis, even though you may say they are costly. But the embassy is not far into town and 4k will be the max you will pay. Abuja is not Lagos, so, worry less.
Re: U.S Embassy In Abuja From the Airport by FASTLINK1: 7:50am On Nov 27, 2011
In addition to what have been said, Tell whoever you're bargaing with that the place is at the  central area Abuja, very close to the Bolingo Hotel and Towers, just opposite coolFm radio Abuja, off ship house. Atleast the person would know that you know where you are going.
Cheers!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Traveling To Gambia;i Need Advise / Which University Can I Study With N3million / How Do I Get To Tarkwa Bay From CMS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.