Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,198 members, 7,780,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:48 PM

Fraternities And Confraternities; If Only Understood! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fraternities And Confraternities; If Only Understood! (7476 Views)

Top 7 Most Popular Confraternities (cult Groups) In Nigeria And Their History. / History Of Cultism/confraternities In Nigeria / Major Campus Confraternities (EIYE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraternities And Confraternities; If Only Understood! by DrWhizy(m): 12:18pm On Nov 26, 2011
dis section is probably not best suited for this topic, however its only so it could be accessed by many.
I'v read severally on nl, with awe topics relating to fraternities and confraternities and i must say that i'm indeed appalled.
I fink peeps should understand that differences exist between frats and confrats. All over the world, fraternities exist with a sole aim of fostering brotherhood throgh peace, charity and royalty. these institutions, fraternities which xist even in universities do not involve in vicious activities and membership cut across all religious denominations; a lil evidence of an abscence of a spiritual diety as most people fink. Members of a fraternity help develop themselves in d outside world in various fields; banking, health, oil, e.t.c as a result of a strong bond developed while in the universities by hanging out, hosting parties, living together, charitable acts, dressin similarly and doin things associated wif each fraternity.
However, this scenario is obtainable mostly in foreign countries where it all started from. This is so because in nigeria for instance where each system , organisation and institution is corrupt, the fraternities are a shadow of thier true self. Various fraternities have evolved into CONFRATERNITIES, involving in all forms of gangsterism, killings, fighting, gang raping, and activites deemed unfraternerly. Hence the true reason for establishment of fraternities dumped into gutters just like the true reason for establishment of institutions like nepa, the police, nddc, nrc, nerc have been.
However, certain institutions still maintain that same old tradition of fraternities as it is meant to. Involving in no such deadly acts as fighting, killing, et all. These frats cut across several institutions in nigeria and are well respected as well as registered with the various schools. Examples include; beta sigma fraternity, the quintescent fraternity, the great alpha fraternity, racers foundation, the legends fraternity. E.t.c.

1 Like

Re: Fraternities And Confraternities; If Only Understood! by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 26, 2011
[size=14pt]And so what?. . .[/size]
Re: Fraternities And Confraternities; If Only Understood! by Mynd44: 12:31pm On Nov 26, 2011
And you took the time to type this rubbish due to the fact that you are jobless right?

1 Like

Re: Fraternities And Confraternities; If Only Understood! by bekay911(f): 12:34pm On Nov 26, 2011
O si gini
Re: Fraternities And Confraternities; If Only Understood! by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 26, 2011
bloody attension seekin cultist! Oya vamoose frm here b4 i echo AHUMEN for ur head!
Re: Fraternities And Confraternities; If Only Understood! by DrWhizy(m): 1:03pm On Nov 26, 2011
@sexkillz. Just so u dont confuse those vicious confraternities that involve in acts deem'd inhumane wif fraternities, harmless group of men.
@mynd-44. If dats wuh u cal a doctor; jobless. No p.
@boy loaf. Mayb i seek'd attention 2 correct wuh i felt wz misjudgement buh pls dnt refer 2 me as a cultist. I'm in no way affilated to any secret cult.

1 Like

Re: Fraternities And Confraternities; If Only Understood! by Mynd44: 1:23pm On Nov 26, 2011
I still maintain that this individual is jobless
Re: Fraternities And Confraternities; If Only Understood! by DrWhizy(m): 1:28pm On Nov 26, 2011
@mynd-44. Every1 is entitiled to his/her opinion. u'v made very gud use of urs. Trust me.

1 Like

Re: Fraternities And Confraternities; If Only Understood! by Mynd44: 1:34pm On Nov 26, 2011
Now don't you have a patient to attend to or something?
Re: Fraternities And Confraternities; If Only Understood! by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 26, 2011
[size=14pt]Dr, Match brake dia! Cult is cult, there is no sweet word for cultism. . . Stop the Bullshiting![/size]
Re: Fraternities And Confraternities; If Only Understood! by freecocoa(f): 1:39pm On Nov 26, 2011
Wetin dey happen here?una wan open cult for romance section?abeg make una let me know when orientation dey start.thanks.
Re: Fraternities And Confraternities; If Only Understood! by Mynd44: 1:40pm On Nov 26, 2011
^
You dey mind the guy
Re: Fraternities And Confraternities; If Only Understood! by DrWhizy(m): 1:53pm On Nov 26, 2011
@mynd-44. Na wa u ooo.
@sexkillz. Trust me when i sai i perfectly see wit ur stand on this. Buh u c wit a lil research, u'll find awt dat dese institutions, frats are indeed differnt from thier vicious deadly counterparts- cults. Take the uni. Of nigeria, nsukka as a case study. Dey reali shld nt be confused as d same!
Re: Fraternities And Confraternities; If Only Understood! by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 26, 2011
[size=14pt]Smh!. . .[/size]
Re: Fraternities And Confraternities; If Only Understood! by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 26, 2011
Any ogboni member in the house? grin grin grin grin
anyway if any member of ogboni dey here i wan know if una still dey suck human blood and if na true say goat blood fit make u get plenty money grin
Re: Fraternities And Confraternities; If Only Understood! by BABE3: 3:11pm On Nov 26, 2011
Dr. Whizy:

I fink peeps should understand that differences exist between frats and confrats. All over the world, fraternities exist with a sole aim of fostering brotherhood throgh peace, charity and royalty. these institutions, fraternities which xist even in universities do not involve in vicious activities and membership cut across all religious denominations; a lil evidence of an abscence of a spiritual diety as most people fink. Members of a fraternity help develop themselves in d outside world in various fields; banking, health, oil, e.t.c as a result of a strong bond developed while in the universities by hanging out, hosting parties, living together, charitable acts, dressin similarly and doin things associated wif each fraternity.

OP, tell 'em. Nigerians are a very confused specie of humans. When they hear "Fraternity", "using humans body parts for rituals" comes to their minds. A result of too much "Nollywood".

Tenk God I yam a Finns.
Re: Fraternities And Confraternities; If Only Understood! by thetelz(m): 9:44am On Nov 27, 2011
Come on mehn, you guys should free him, he has a point. Nigerians are always confusing one thing with another and when you try to point out the difference to them, they start tearing up the whole place. That's how they said wole soyinka was a cultist because he was part of a fraternity, msschew

@lefulefu jf you find first, no forget introduce me o grin

(1) (Reply)

Ijmb And Jupeb: Which Is Better? / Commonwealth Scholarship / Federal School Of Dental Technology & Therapy, Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.