Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,465 members, 7,897,955 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 12:29 AM

Men, Stop Staying Late At The Office - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men, Stop Staying Late At The Office (481 Views)

Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. / Man Gifts Wife A Car For Staying With Him When He Had Just A Motorcycle / My Sister-In-Law Staying With Us Atimes Knows When We Are Making Love.Pls Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men, Stop Staying Late At The Office by yvesboss(m): 9:49pm On Jun 08
While this is not a chant for irresponsible work life balance, it is a shout out call to men especially those with a young family.

To stamp in the training you so desire to enshrine on your children, you will need more time with the children which includes closing early from work and intentionally teaching your children the way to go.

The mistake most young fathers make is to delegate all this to the mother during the week maybe because her job is more flexible and she comes home early only for the father to show up during the weekend and start complaining of complacency. Newsflash….. it is very possible the mother is stressed too during the day and will leave the children out to the maid or channel 314 on Dstv or coco melon on her phone just to catch some rest too. The children now are at the mercy of what the maid deems right or wrong or they start getting addicted to the devices and nothing else matters. Sometimes, you will observe your 4-5 year old has “seen finish”your spouse and no longer respond to her instructions. These things are real.

Dear Fathers, it is time for us now to be very intentional about raising our children and to better achieve this, we need to get home early from our places of businesses and work then be very involved.

Ciao!
Re: Men, Stop Staying Late At The Office by Sapasenator: 10:00pm On Jun 08
Some men live longer because of staying late in the office to cool off after the day's work. Do you know whether he is avoiding his wife, looking to sneak in when she is already asleep or staying long for traffic to subside. Me I get home 11pm every night.

6 Likes

Re: Men, Stop Staying Late At The Office by immortalcrown(m): 10:03pm On Jun 08
What time should men leave office? Be specific so that we will be sure that you are not mistaking staying in bars for staying late in office.

1 Like

Re: Men, Stop Staying Late At The Office by Sapasenator: 10:07pm On Jun 08
immortalcrown:
What time should men leave office? Be specific so that we will be sure that you are not mistaking staying in bars for staying in late in office.

Bar na office na extension na, how you expect men to cool off after the day's stress at work.

1 Like

Re: Men, Stop Staying Late At The Office by yvesboss(m): 10:10pm On Jun 08
Sapasenator:
Some men live longer because of staying late in the office to cool off after the day's work. Do you know whether he is avoiding his wife, looking to sneak in when she is already asleep or staying long for traffic to subside. Me I get home 11pm every night.

In this, still need to consider the upbringing of the children, they can easily be lost in an unhealthy marriage and a missing father situation
Re: Men, Stop Staying Late At The Office by yvesboss(m): 10:12pm On Jun 08
immortalcrown:
What time should men leave office? Be specific so that we will be sure that you are not mistaking staying in bars for staying in late in office.

Bar no go be everyday na

Rule of thumb, be home 6:30-7
Gives you some hours before the children retire for the day

2 Likes

Re: Men, Stop Staying Late At The Office by Sapasenator: 10:14pm On Jun 08
yvesboss:

In this, still need to consider the upbringing of the children, they can easily be lost in an unhealthy marriage and a missing father situation

Reason I am a strong advocate of one child in this present economy.

1 Like

Re: Men, Stop Staying Late At The Office by yvesboss(m): 10:44pm On Jun 08
Sapasenator:

Reason I am a strong advocate of one child in this present economy.

Hmmm

Economy got nothing on you na
Re: Men, Stop Staying Late At The Office by Sapasenator: 10:49pm On Jun 08
yvesboss:

Hmmm

Economy got nothing on you na

Why do you say that, now you are beginning to scare me. grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Superfoods For New Mothers / And She Believed Me / And There Was Another Named Juliet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.