Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,117 members, 7,899,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 01:02 AM

Rivers: Fubara Only Popular Because He’s Anti-wike Says Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers: Fubara Only Popular Because He’s Anti-wike Says Amaechi (28921 Views)

Rivers: Fubara-backed Assembly Holds Sitting, Tasks INEC To Conduct Bye-election / I’ve Set Otapiapia To Kill Rat Eating Rivers – Fubara / LP Is Popular Because Nigerians Are Frustrated With Our Party — Salihu Lukman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers: Fubara Only Popular Because He’s Anti-wike Says Amaechi by InfoGuru118: 1:48pm On Jun 09
Rotimi Amaechi, former minister of transportation, says he will not take sides in the rivalry between Siminalayi Fubara, the governor of Rivers, and Nyesom Wike.

Fubara succeeded Nyesom Wike, who is the current minister of the federal capital territory (FCT), as governor in May 2023.

He was the accountant-general under Wike and had his support during the governorship election, but both men fell off shortly after Fubara assumed office.

News360 Nigeria reports that the rift between Fubara and Wike has polarised the Rivers house of assembly.

In December 2023, 27 members of the assembly loyal to Wike defected from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Speaking when he paid a visit to Okorinama West, a leader of the APC in Port Harcourt on Friday, Amaechi, who was also governor of the state from 2007 to 2015, said he would not support either Fubara or Wike.

Amaechi further said Fubara is only popular because of the public exchanges with Wike over political domination in Rivers.

“…a lot of our supporters that can’t stand hunger have joined either Sim or Wike. I will not join them. I will not join Sim, I will not join Wike,” he said.

“But don’t forget, they are not big without you people, I hope you know that. No big man is big without the grassroots’ support. And if you look at the Rivers state political followership, we have more people singing our praises than singing even Sim.

“What Sim thinks is popularity today is because he is anti-Wike. That is his popularity, not that Sim is the best man that has happened on earth. It is because he is anti-Wike and it is because the state is tired of Wike.”

Wike, who served as a chief of staff to Amaechi and succeeded him, is also said to have built his popularity as a result of his face-off with his predecessor.

Both politicians fell out after Amaechi defected to the APC and supported Muhammadu Buhari for president in 2015, while Wike, a governorship candidate of the PDP then, supported Goodluck Jonathan’s re-election bid.

https://news360ng.com/anti-wike-moves-only-reason-fubara-is-popular-amaechi/

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rivers: Fubara Only Popular Because He’s Anti-wike Says Amaechi by Xscape1993(m): 1:51pm On Jun 09
The home truth.

94 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rivers: Fubara Only Popular Because He’s Anti-wike Says Amaechi by Zxcvbnmghtr: 1:55pm On Jun 09

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers: Fubara Only Popular Because He’s Anti-wike Says Amaechi by onez: 1:57pm On Jun 09
Rivers people are tired of wike.

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rivers: Fubara Only Popular Because He’s Anti-wike Says Amaechi by booblacain(m): 2:00pm On Jun 09
I thought Rivers people love Wike, or are they getting tired of him?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers: Fubara Only Popular Because He’s Anti-wike Says Amaechi by EmeeNaka: 2:01pm On Jun 09
Wike is finished at home

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers: Fubara Only Popular Because He’s Anti-wike Says Amaechi by muykem: 2:32pm On Jun 09
There is no one on earth that became popular in vacuum. It's circumstance that throw people up for popularity and leadership.

125 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Rivers: Fubara Only Popular Because He’s Anti-wike Says Amaechi by slivertongue: 2:59pm On Jun 09
The same thing you did. Anti odilli

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rivers: Fubara Only Popular Because He’s Anti-wike Says Amaechi by ddippset(m): 3:02pm On Jun 09
I don't agree entirely with Amaechi.

Fubara is extremely popular especially with the civil servants.

The 100k he gave them last December and other payments and promotions endeared him to the people.

But I agree that a lot of people love Sim because they are anti Wike.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers: Fubara Only Popular Because He’s Anti-wike Says Amaechi by yyba: 3:02pm On Jun 09
FUBARA is busy fooling himself with paper weight politicians in rivers state

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers: Fubara Only Popular Because He’s Anti-wike Says Amaechi by SoNature(m): 3:08pm On Jun 09
I want Amaechi to remain relevant in politics. That man has big plans for this country. Amaechi is a strategic administrator. I want him to return to PDP and contest for Senate.

The only challenge is that he may find it difficult to win because he was foolishly fighting his people to please his bosses in APC. I hope his people have forgiven him.

15 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Rivers: Fubara Only Popular Because He’s Anti-wike Says Amaechi by Stephaniegold(f): 8:45pm On Jun 09
Jesus Christ you will not be there for us to let you 3hkhuhrshb
Re: Rivers: Fubara Only Popular Because He’s Anti-wike Says Amaechi by tspun(m): 8:45pm On Jun 09
Ok
Re: Rivers: Fubara Only Popular Because He’s Anti-wike Says Amaechi by Stephaniegold(f): 8:46pm On Jun 09
Good morning sir ma this is a great day sir I am coming to pick up a new one for the other day oooo I am not 🚭 the money 🤑 I will be in a meeting pls let me ask first and I will call
Re: Rivers: Fubara Only Popular Because He’s Anti-wike Says Amaechi by franchasofficia: 8:46pm On Jun 09
Tinubu became popular for being anti Obasanjo

Atiku became popular because he was anti Obasanjo.

Rotimi Amaechi became popular because he was anti Goodluck Jonathan.

Buhari became popular because he is anti Christian and pro-Fulani

Adams Oshiomhole became popular because as NLC President, he was anti Obasanjo government.

Wike became popular because he was anti Buhari and anti Oshiomhole during Edo election.

Wole Soyinka won Nobel Prize and became popular for using his playwrights to criticize Nigeria's Military Juntas.

So if Fubara can become popular by being anti Wike, that will add to his political credential in Nigeria

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers: Fubara Only Popular Because He’s Anti-wike Says Amaechi by Chikel20000(m): 8:46pm On Jun 09
Amaechi...which side are u on?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers: Fubara Only Popular Because He’s Anti-wike Says Amaechi by Rukky2010: 8:46pm On Jun 09
100% truth. Nobody knows that guy called Sim if not for Wike. He may not even win local government chairman position if not for wike.
Go check his X. Don't even have up to 80k followers.
He only become popular because many hate Wike for not supporting their fake Messiah called Obi..

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rivers: Fubara Only Popular Because He’s Anti-wike Says Amaechi by Righthussle: 8:46pm On Jun 09
Who be Ameachi, na footballer?

1 Like

Re: Rivers: Fubara Only Popular Because He’s Anti-wike Says Amaechi by Skillsnigeria: 8:47pm On Jun 09
grin
Re: Rivers: Fubara Only Popular Because He’s Anti-wike Says Amaechi by MaziObinnaokija: 8:48pm On Jun 09
cool one legged 🦁 don talk his own
Re: Rivers: Fubara Only Popular Because He’s Anti-wike Says Amaechi by Appletek: 8:48pm On Jun 09
This is serious.
Fubara must have a really stinky personality for Amaechi to sidestep him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers: Fubara Only Popular Because He’s Anti-wike Says Amaechi by Image123(m): 8:49pm On Jun 09
Tell them to make noise.
Re: Rivers: Fubara Only Popular Because He’s Anti-wike Says Amaechi by NNNN2024: 8:49pm On Jun 09
Rivers State will remain great.
Let's watch how things unfold.
Re: Rivers: Fubara Only Popular Because He’s Anti-wike Says Amaechi by Appletek: 8:49pm On Jun 09
Chikel20000:
Amaechi...which side are u on?

He has refused to pick sides.
Have you seen the Agulu failure also pick sides?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers: Fubara Only Popular Because He’s Anti-wike Says Amaechi by Hezzyluv: 8:50pm On Jun 09
"It is because he is anti-Wike and it is because the state is tired of Wike.

Wike, take note of this n amend thy ways.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers: Fubara Only Popular Because He’s Anti-wike Says Amaechi by Appletek: 8:51pm On Jun 09
ddippset:
I don't agree entirely with Amaechi.

Fubara is extremely popular especially with the civil servants.

The 100k he gave them last December and other payments and promotions endeared him to the people.

But I agree that a lot of people love Sim because they are anti Wike.

Let Fubara conduct LG elections in Rivers state if you think Civil servants are with him.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers: Fubara Only Popular Because He’s Anti-wike Says Amaechi by Rukky2010: 8:51pm On Jun 09
Fubara just like Obi are baby politician..
All they have is just mouth. Nothing else.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers: Fubara Only Popular Because He’s Anti-wike Says Amaechi by Holluwhakemmy(f): 8:51pm On Jun 09
I thought Ameachi have retired from politics. Good evening Sir we did not hear from you again
Re: Rivers: Fubara Only Popular Because He’s Anti-wike Says Amaechi by straighttalk(m): 8:51pm On Jun 09
Okay
Re: Rivers: Fubara Only Popular Because He’s Anti-wike Says Amaechi by stanluiz(m): 8:51pm On Jun 09
Appletek:

He has refused to pick sides.
Have you seen the Agulu failure also pick sides?
Bacteria nko cheesy?

2 Likes

Re: Rivers: Fubara Only Popular Because He’s Anti-wike Says Amaechi by GanagiBitrus: 8:51pm On Jun 09
I dislike Politics of Godfatherism.
When you rule finish, step aside make another person rule.
&don't manipulate your candidate to take over after your tenure.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Godwin Obaseki Addresses A Huge Crowd Of Supporters At Ringroad (photos) / Senate Presidency: Crisis Brews In APC As Ndume Kicks Over Lawan's Nomination / Uche Nwosu Withdraws Case Against Ihedioha’s Election At Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.