Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,493 members, 7,898,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 06:37 AM

Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... (1094 Views)

FEC Okays ₦813 Billion For Road, Water, Other Projects Nationwide / Exclusives Lagos Yet To Find Investors For Lekki Int’l Airport 10 Years After / Ambode, The Only Gov To Tackle MMA Airport Lagos, Yet They Want To Impeach Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... by kYjelly2: 8:11am On Jun 10
Someone was trying to get building approval in Lekki and Lagos Government quoted him 10 million naira

Did you read that?

10 MILLION NAIRA

I almost cried men, cause the hatred we have for ourselves as Africans, the hatred the politicians have for their own people is too much. If I spend 10 million for a simple approval, then how much would I spend to build the house?

Meanwhile, the road in front of the construction site is Just sand, In Lekki ooo, not even in a remote village. Like, he was begging the local government to fix the road, all to no avail, so they had to make plans to BUILD THEIR OWN ROAD and of course, we all know in Nigeria, you must dig your own borehole cause government won't give you water.

I read the recent Japa thread, and saw opinions saying people will face racism when they japa, but which racism is worse than our own? Which wickedness is worse than that of our government? As a government you won't give me road, you won't even spend the measly 200k for a tipper of sand/gravel to level the terrain, you won't give me water, but you will collect one of the MOST EXPENSIVE BUILDING APPROVAL FEES EVER KNOWN TO MANKIND. Oh my God, the wickedness of our people!

When I visited a friend in America, DFW area, she was building her house and other houses were also under construction. You could tell that the whole area was kind of NEW, because there were few buildings around, compared to other densely populated areas, but guess what?

ALL THE ROADS AROUND THE AREA, ALL OF THEM, WERE SMOOTH AS A BABY'S BOTTOM, EVEN IN FRONT OF CONSTRUCTION SITES THAT WERE AT THE FOUNDATION LEVEL

How much is Building Approval fee in "Almighty America" ? Maybe like 50 dollars, or 100 dollars, or 500 dollars, but it would never be the equivalent of 10 million naira, with the "No road - No water" package added.

God in heaven!

Our politicians should be hanged, I fantasize about that most times, cause what is going on? This is medieval type of wickedness!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... by Kasdat5(m): 8:22am On Jun 10
Lol . Cr#zy things happening for our own 9ja.

1 Like

Re: Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... by izombie(m): 8:28am On Jun 10
Op don't be surprised. Black people hate each other generally. How then do you think everything you do in black man country you must pay and spend? Burial, wedding, traditional marriage and everything else. Where i am based, approval for building is not even upto 100 dollars, the govt will still come and make sure everywhere is connected with good roads, they will connect pipes to the building site for toilets, showers, and gas before you start building. It's completely different in naija.

7 Likes

Re: Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... by Lanretoye(m): 8:33am On Jun 10
kYjelly2:
Someone was trying to get building approval in Lekki and Lagos Government quoted him 10 million naira

Did you read that?

10 MILLION NAIRA

I almost cried men, cause the hatred we have for ourselves as Africans, the hatred the politicians have for their own people is too much. If I spend 10 million for a simple approval, then how much would I spend to build the house?

Meanwhile, the road in front of the construction site is Just sand, In Lekki ooo, not even in a remote village. Like, he was begging the local government to fix the road, all to no avail, so they had to make plans to BUILD THEIR OWN ROAD and of course, we all know in Nigeria, you must dig your own borehole cause government won't give you water.

I read the recent Japa thread, and saw opinions saying people will face racism when they japa, but which racism is worse than our own? Which wickedness is worse than that of our government? As a government you won't give me road, you won't even spend the measly 200k for a tipper of sand/gravel to level the terrain, you won't give me water, but you will collect one of the MOST EXPENSIVE BUILDING APPROVAL FEES EVER KNOWN TO MANKIND. Oh my God, the wickedness of our people!

When I visited a friend in America, DFW area, she was building her house and other houses were also under construction. You could tell that the whole area was kind of NEW, because there were few buildings around, compared to other densely populated areas, but guess what?

ALL THE ROADS AROUND THE AREA, ALL OF THEM, WERE SMOOTH AS A BABY'S BOTTOM, EVEN IN FRONT OF CONSTRUCTION SITES THAT WERE AT THE FOUNDATION LEVEL

How much is Building Approval fee in "Almighty America" ? Maybe like 50 dollars, or 100 dollars, or 500 dollars, but it would never be the equivalent of 10 million naira, with the "No road - No water" package added.

God in heaven!

Our politicians should be hanged, I fantasize about that most times, cause what is going on? This is medieval type of wickedness!

look at how you sound,obviously you are not the one that wants to build the house.moreover,must you build the house in Lagos?you can as well go to your village where approval is free and stop this unwarranted rants
Abi na abido shaker then take draw you come Lagos?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... by Goodnewsforlife: 8:36am On Jun 10
kYjelly2:

Did you read that?

10 MILLION NAIRA

God in heaven!

guy it’s not a must to build in Lagos

U can go to your village n have your rest there

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... by Blaze14k: 8:39am On Jun 10
Lanretoye:
look at how you sound,obviously you are not the one that wants to build the house.moreover,must you build the house in Lagos?you can as well go to your village where approval is free and stop this unwarranted rants

You that is asking him if he's the one building the house do you have up 500k in your account?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... by BossGerald: 8:39am On Jun 10
Lanretoye:

Empty noise maker...can you afford that amount?

Empty people are the lousiest

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... by BossGerald: 8:40am On Jun 10
Goodnewsforlife:

Chai

Even poverty dey talk undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... by FourQu: 8:42am On Jun 10
BossGerald:

True true 👍🏾 that's why I am trying to make the one below very famous cool

https://www.nairaland.com/8117580/reason-bateria-gave-us-political

EmperorCaesar you must become famous as the most educated BATeria we have on this forum cheesy

BATeria with 3 digit IQ, tested every 3 months. Over 150 points grin

Clown 🤡

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... by Lanretoye(m): 8:44am On Jun 10
BossGerald:

who is the noise maker here,person wanto build house some fools are helping him to cry about the cost of approval.shameless people
Pls show us the picture of your papa house even in your village.mtchew

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... by Goodnewsforlife: 8:53am On Jun 10
BossGerald:

Chai

Even poverty dey talk undecided
oga must u igbos complain about everything

If u realize the way of life of people of a certain place don’t follow your own then u move

Are u the only people everywhere?
U complain in Ghana, South Africa, Cambodia, Thailand, India

Na only u people?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... by Jollos(m): 9:04am On Jun 10
See how people that are landless are supporting unjustifiable ucharges.

What a shame.

Some people must support nonsense.

Reason people like Buhari and Tinubu ve access to power out of 200m plus people

9 Likes

Re: Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... by owem19(m): 9:13am On Jun 10
Yes because people like those evil soon to be grandpa up there supporting those criminals aka politicians.make I call names
Jollos:
See how people that are landless are supporting unjustifiable ucharges.

What a shame.

Some people must support nonsense.

Reason people like Buhari and Tinubu ve access to power out of 200m plus people

1 Like

Re: Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... by Jokerman(m): 9:33am On Jun 10
Haba!! The fee is much...please how won't people cut corners....

10 Million keV??

2 Likes

Re: Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... by Tunde835(m): 9:34am On Jun 10
If you can't pay it go and build it in Nnewi

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... by Jokerman(m): 9:34am On Jun 10
Lanretoye:

Is the 10 Million Naira not much??

5 Likes

Re: Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... by Jokerman(m): 9:35am On Jun 10
Goodnewsforlife:

Guy can you pay 10 Million for just building approval?? Why are you supporting evil??

7 Likes

Re: Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... by Tunde835(m): 9:37am On Jun 10
Jokerman:
Haba!! The fee is much...please how won't people cut corners....

10 Million keV??
If you cut corners they'll demolish it.
Re: Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... by Goodnewsforlife: 9:54am On Jun 10
Jokerman:

Guy can you pay 10 Million for just building approval?? Why are you supporting evil??
if I need the building!!!

If u don’t need it , it will look like a waste to u but if u need it u will see no big deal

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... by Jokerman(m): 10:03am On Jun 10
Goodnewsforlife:
if I need the building!!!

If u don’t need it , it will look like a waste to u but if u need it u will see no big deal

Oga, 10 Million is still too much... No matter the type of building...

5 Likes

Re: Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... by Macphenson: 10:30am On Jun 10
I have said it here before that the Building Regulation in Lagos is more extortionary than regulatory.

A lot of people that comment on this thread have not bought a bag of cement here not to talk of erecting a structure.

Theres a project we did sometime and it costed us close to #50 million for all the documentation, Yes u heard me right.

I always tell LASBCA people that if I have my way, I will bypass them.

4 Likes

Re: Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... by G30fx: 10:36am On Jun 10
Tunde835:
If you can't pay it go and build it in Nnewi
it pains agbados that upon all the intimidation and demolition by Lagos state government Igbos are still waxing stronger building mansions, for your information if they like like let them make the building approval 100 million Naira Igbo can afford it but the question now is how many of your agbados can afford even 1 million Naira approval

2 Likes

Re: Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... by DeLaRue: 10:43am On Jun 10
That's way too much.

This sort of excessive charges can slow down construction activities in Lagos particularly for residential properties.

And the properties that are built will be very expensive as developers will simply add building approval fee to the sale price.

At the end of the day, government loses money from fewer houses being built, the ones built are too expensive for many buyers, and developers are forced to build fewer properties.

Everyone loses.

4 Likes

Re: Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 10:48am On Jun 10
What do you want to use road and water for ? Don't you want mechanics and doctors/nurses to eat too ? Please destroy your vehicles and get sick due to lack of potable water so that your money can go round in this shege banza economy cool
Re: Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... by kYjelly2: 10:52am On Jun 10
Lanretoye:

"Go your village", is really your response to issues raised? Wow!

Just Wow!

1 Like

Re: Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... by kayusely70(m): 10:56am On Jun 10
[color=#006600][/color]
Goodnewsforlife:
oga must u igbos complain about everything

If u realize the way of life of people of a certain place don’t follow your own then u move

Are u the only people everywhere?
U complain in Ghana, South Africa, Cambodia, Thailand, India

Na only u people?
LOUDER please!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... by kYjelly2: 10:57am On Jun 10
izombie:
Op don't be surprised. Black people hate each other generally. How then do you think everything you do in black man country you must pay and spend? Burial, wedding, traditional marriage and everything else. Where i am based, approval for building is not even upto 100 dollars, the govt will still come and make sure everywhere is connected with good roads, they will connect pipes to the building site for toilets, showers, and gas before you start building. It's completely different in naija.

Completely different bro. The guy was gisting me that Local Government gets so much money, yet nothing

I asked him for the price of sand per tipper, since I've never purchased that and he was like 200K. So with billions local government is getting they can't spare a couple tippers of sand and gravel with interlocking stones?

Even the so called "approval fee" of 10 million could fix the road, but nothing.

When the building is finished, there would be property taxes, those taxes could be used to fix the road, but they still wouldn't do it.

Bad roads and all do not shock me anymore in Nigeria, I mean, it doesn't shock any Nigerian at this point, BUT WHAT SHOCKED ME WHAS THE 10 MILLION FEE. HE SAID ANOTHER SITE WITH JUST 5 FLOORS WAS QUOTED AS 30 MILLION FOR APPROVAL FEE, I almost fainted.

The level of greed of the average Nigerian politician continues to astound me daily.
Re: Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... by kYjelly2: 11:08am On Jun 10
MASTAkiLLAh:
What do you want to use road and water for ? Don't you want mechanics and doctors/nurses to eat too ? Please destroy your vehicles and get sick due to lack of potable water so that your money can go round in this shege banza economy cool

lol guy wtf
Re: Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... by dominic17: 11:09am On Jun 10
See evil supporters APC erats justifying the extortion as usual and link it to tribal war

2 Likes

Re: Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... by kYjelly2: 11:10am On Jun 10
Keep in mind that this fee in THE WORLDS POOREST COUNTRY is more than even the U.S.A

Let that sink in. I'm telling you we need a protest/revolution were we corner this politicians street by street so they can't escape.
Re: Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... by Felabrity: 11:25am On Jun 10
Dem fit still demolish the house
Re: Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... by Tunde835(m): 12:19pm On Jun 10
G30fx:
it pains agbados that upon all the intimidation and demolition by Lagos state government Igbos are still waxing stronger building mansions, for your information if they like like let them make the building approval 100 million Naira Igbo can afford it but the question now is how many of your agbados can afford even 1 million Naira approval
I don't f*cking care about what igbos do.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kidnapping Of LG Boss & Landmark Demolition Will Devastate Lagos Economy / Wike's Unprecedented 3rd Term Governor / Is It An All Nothern Presidential Election?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.