Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,780 members, 7,898,786 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 07:03 PM

Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... (1097 Views)

FEC Okays ₦813 Billion For Road, Water, Other Projects Nationwide / Exclusives Lagos Yet To Find Investors For Lekki Int’l Airport 10 Years After / Ambode, The Only Gov To Tackle MMA Airport Lagos, Yet They Want To Impeach Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... by XY01: 12:21pm On Jun 10
Jollos:
See how people that are landless are supporting unjustifiable ucharges.

What a shame.

Some people must support nonsense.

Reason people like Buhari and Tinubu ve access to power out of 200m plus people

Their actions is very disturbing.... omo, Nigeria can never be great again! If we have people that can justify extortion and corruption and if you think otherwise, they'll ask for your tribe or religion so they can know how to attack or just give you one label.

They'll leave the main problem and face you. This country can never be great

1 Like

Re: Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... by BossGerald: 12:34pm On Jun 10
Goodnewsforlife:
oga must u igbos complain about everything

If u realize the way of life of people of a certain place don’t follow your own then u move

Are u the only people everywhere?
U complain in Ghana, South Africa, Cambodia, Thailand, India

Na only u people?

Audio dangote can you pay #10m for building approval?

Why do you take others as zombie that must agree with whatever nonsense the government you support does??
Re: Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... by EcoNews: 1:09pm On Jun 10
For those of us that have built n will still build in Lagos what type of building is the guy building ? How many storey or buildings is the quote for. I am sure it is not a single 2 duplex or 2 story building. One as to be careful with how you IG os shout over everything in this country.

Macphenson:
I have said it here before that the Building Regulation in Lagos is more extortionary than regulatory.

A lot of people that comment on this thread have not bought a bag of cement here not to talk of erecting a structure.

Theres a project we did sometime and it costed us close to #50 million for all the documentation, Yes u heard me right.

I always tell LASBCA people that if I have my way, I will bypass them.
Re: Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... by EcoNews: 1:10pm On Jun 10
Where is the quote citing the 10 million because your igbos one can't be too careful with your ipob propaganda.

kYjelly2:
Someone was trying to get building approval in Lekki and Lagos Government quoted him 10 million naira

Did you read

Re: Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... by Lanretoye(m): 10:26am On Jun 12
Jokerman:

Is the 10 Million Naira not much??
10m is much but it is for where he chose,that charge is not for everybody that wants to build in Lagos,as a matter of fact there are areas in Lagos where that 10m will almost complete a building in Lagos.we can’t just be trivializing issues for no reason.even in America and every part of the world there are cost variations across areas.

1 Like

Re: Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... by Jokerman(m): 10:49am On Jun 12
Lanretoye:
10m is much but it is for where he chose,that charge is not for everybody that wants to build in Lagos,as a matter of fact there are areas in Lagos where that 10m will almost complete a building in Lagos.we can’t just be trivializing issues for no reason.even in America and every part of the world there are cost variations across areas.

Well true
Re: Imagine Paying 10 Million For Building Approval In Lagos, Yet, No Road, Water... by ChybuzzDD(m): 11:31am On Jun 12
kYjelly2:
Someone was trying to get building approval in Lekki and Lagos Government quoted him 10 million naira

Did you read that?

10 MILLION NAIRA

I almost cried men, cause the hatred we have for ourselves as Africans, the hatred the politicians have for their own people is too much. If I spend 10 million for a simple approval, then how much would I spend to build the house?

Meanwhile, the road in front of the construction site is Just sand, In Lekki ooo, not even in a remote village. Like, he was begging the local government to fix the road, all to no avail, so they had to make plans to BUILD THEIR OWN ROAD and of course, we all know in Nigeria, you must dig your own borehole cause government won't give you water.

I read the recent Japa thread, and saw opinions saying people will face racism when they japa, but which racism is worse than our own? Which wickedness is worse than that of our government? As a government you won't give me road, you won't even spend the measly 200k for a tipper of sand/gravel to level the terrain, you won't give me water, but you will collect one of the MOST EXPENSIVE BUILDING APPROVAL FEES EVER KNOWN TO MANKIND. Oh my God, the wickedness of our people!

When I visited a friend in America, DFW area, she was building her house and other houses were also under construction. You could tell that the whole area was kind of NEW, because there were few buildings around, compared to other densely populated areas, but guess what?

ALL THE ROADS AROUND THE AREA, ALL OF THEM, WERE SMOOTH AS A BABY'S BOTTOM, EVEN IN FRONT OF CONSTRUCTION SITES THAT WERE AT THE FOUNDATION LEVEL

How much is Building Approval fee in "Almighty America" ? Maybe like 50 dollars, or 100 dollars, or 500 dollars, but it would never be the equivalent of 10 million naira, with the "No road - No water" package added.

God in heaven!

Our politicians should be hanged, I fantasize about that most times, cause what is going on? This is medieval type of wickedness!

Very soon, some bigots from that region will marshal out to attack you instead of ruminating on the serious issues you lamented on here.

That's very unfortunate

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sit-at-home: Total Lock-down In Aba Today / Trouble Inside Kano Govt As Kwankwaso Falls Out With Governor / Make Your Choice 26 Presidential Aspirants.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.