Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,189 members, 7,867,452 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:21 PM

‘Nigerians Spend Too Much Time Praying Instead Of Working – BBNaija Doyin - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ‘Nigerians Spend Too Much Time Praying Instead Of Working – BBNaija Doyin (13258 Views)

Doyin Kukoyi Dances With Obasanjo (Video) / Doyin Hassan Loses Wife / Those Who Spend Too Much Time On Facebook Have Mental Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘Nigerians Spend Too Much Time Praying Instead Of Working – BBNaija Doyin by Odewaleadesoye(m): 4:39pm On Jun 10
Controversial Big Brother Naija reality star Doyinsola Anuoluwapo David, simply known as Doyin, has shared her religious views.

She said she doesn’t believe in religious programmes.

According to her, if religious programmes were what a nation needs, Nigeria would have been one of the greatest countries in the world.

The reality star said Nigerians spend “too much” time praying instead of working and being good human beings.

She stated this on her Snapchat page while responding to a fan who asked why she never connects to any of the religious programmes online.
Doyin wrote:
“I get a lot of those hallelujah challenge and what God cannot do doesn’t exist tags. People keep sending them to me but I just don’t believe in that type of stuff so I never join.

“It’s not bad… I just don’t believe in it.”

In another post, the reality star wrote:
“If it were really by ‘hallelujah challenge’ and ‘what God cannot do’…..Nigeria should be one of the greatest countries by now. We spend too much time praying and shouting hallelujah instead of actually working and being actual good human beings.

“They will shout hallelujah finish and go back to cheating the next person they encounter or judging someone because the person presents themselves differently.

“To me, it’s just a complete waste of time but to each his own. If you believe in it then by all means. At the end of the day, all that should matter is having a good relationship with God and being a good human being.

“If you like, shout hallelujah from now till next year. If you don’t find ways to improve yourself and provide value….you’ll keep shouting hallelujah in hunger.”

DAILY POST

59 Likes 12 Shares

Re: ‘Nigerians Spend Too Much Time Praying Instead Of Working – BBNaija Doyin by TrackerSK: 4:53pm On Jun 10
Religion nah scam.I saw a video of some women praying to put out fire in a building in River state.That was when I knew this country is gone.Look at the type of money budgeted for religious prigrimage,and you will know the country is doom.After voting rubbish in any election, Nigerians we start praying for God to help them.Rubbish!

78 Likes 9 Shares

Re: ‘Nigerians Spend Too Much Time Praying Instead Of Working – BBNaija Doyin by Sermwell(m): 4:53pm On Jun 10
Prayers is for the poor!!
That's why the rich elites will always use religion and tribalism to hoodwink us!! Tinubu became an emergency Muslim who couldn't even recite the Quran during campaign.
Peter Obi moved from church to church!

The result is the masses fighting themselves on empty stomach on who is a Muslim or Christian.
You won't see Atiku or Buharis children with hijab on social media but the poor northerners wear hijab even when sleeping.
Hisbah is busy chasing the poor while the rich kids throw party every night.
Oyedepos and Adeboyes kids fvck around and flex your tithe while you religious bigots sleep on empty stomach. grin grin

Religion both islam and Christianity is for the miserable poor!
The rich use it to control you for thier own benefits

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ‘Nigerians Spend Too Much Time Praying Instead Of Working – BBNaija Doyin by Yugoslavia247(m): 4:54pm On Jun 10
For real
True

Many are brainwashed till they leave Africa and see that God is not coming solve the problem you keep creating.
You pray and steal common wealth. Then pay tithe which is not even biblical for today christians.

Pastors will hardly do anything to improve life of members. They go to other countries to win poor souls.
Rich souls no get time but work

People forget to invest in science and tech but wait for miracle.

The things we need is redemption from religion.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘Nigerians Spend Too Much Time Praying Instead Of Working – BBNaija Doyin by Pickmycall: 4:54pm On Jun 10
Bb9ja is a brothel

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘Nigerians Spend Too Much Time Praying Instead Of Working – BBNaija Doyin by ovie8200: 4:54pm On Jun 10
She's damn right. Nigeria destroy the special thing call religion by ignoring everything else thinking prayer will answer all without working for it.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘Nigerians Spend Too Much Time Praying Instead Of Working – BBNaija Doyin by chikasin4(m): 4:54pm On Jun 10
Cool

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigerians Spend Too Much Time Praying Instead Of Working – BBNaija Doyin by Olastep1(m): 4:54pm On Jun 10
Says the person that prefers s*x toys

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Nigerians Spend Too Much Time Praying Instead Of Working – BBNaija Doyin by brightovio007(m): 4:54pm On Jun 10
Food for thought, act wisely

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigerians Spend Too Much Time Praying Instead Of Working – BBNaija Doyin by Creamypie(m): 4:54pm On Jun 10
Toh. We also waste so much productive time viewing nonsense local programs such as big bro naija.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘Nigerians Spend Too Much Time Praying Instead Of Working – BBNaija Doyin by Welrez(m): 4:55pm On Jun 10
We're on the same page, I don't know why people have not realised this

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Nigerians Spend Too Much Time Praying Instead Of Working – BBNaija Doyin by solja147(m): 4:55pm On Jun 10
Rightfully said

4 Likes

Re: ‘Nigerians Spend Too Much Time Praying Instead Of Working – BBNaija Doyin by slaawomirr: 4:55pm On Jun 10
Damnnn niggar

She is beautifully right...I love this girl

If you are my relative or friend and you pray and believe in God and spirituality alot

Then I do away with you gradually

Because you can't be productive in life

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ‘Nigerians Spend Too Much Time Praying Instead Of Working – BBNaija Doyin by spencekat(m): 4:55pm On Jun 10
This one wan trend

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Nigerians Spend Too Much Time Praying Instead Of Working – BBNaija Doyin by honestivo(m): 4:55pm On Jun 10
Must this one talk always ,what does she do for living

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Nigerians Spend Too Much Time Praying Instead Of Working – BBNaija Doyin by Sonnobax15(m): 4:55pm On Jun 10
lipsrsealed
Re: ‘Nigerians Spend Too Much Time Praying Instead Of Working – BBNaija Doyin by EmmyMaestro(m): 4:56pm On Jun 10
Religion has its place, but God will not do for you what he has given you the ability to do.

Even in the Bible, God provided manna for the Israelites all they had to do was to go out with their pots and garther what they needed not to sit in your tents and pray for the thing to jump into your mouth

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘Nigerians Spend Too Much Time Praying Instead Of Working – BBNaija Doyin by EmperorCaesar(m): 4:56pm On Jun 10
You've not said anything special

U must be very low to think this is a new discovery

4 Likes

Re: ‘Nigerians Spend Too Much Time Praying Instead Of Working – BBNaija Doyin by dominique(f): 4:56pm On Jun 10
They will shout hallelujah finish and go back to cheating the next person they encounter or judging someone because the person presents themselves differently

This is why I don't take the average religious Nigerian seriously.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Nigerians Spend Too Much Time Praying Instead Of Working – BBNaija Doyin by finallybusy: 4:57pm On Jun 10
Everybody knows this. She’s said nothing. The people who laugh at those who pray for a burning building to quench burst into prayers if somebody suffers a heart attack. The worst are those who pray for the economy to fix itself or Boko Haram to disappear.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Nigerians Spend Too Much Time Praying Instead Of Working – BBNaija Doyin by ogawisdom(m): 4:57pm On Jun 10
grin

Religion has damaged alot of Africans, all they do is pray and hope for miracle.

Humans control this world not God, God has left everything to us. He said be fruitful and dominate the world.

This can only happen via self development and working, taking actions and creative thinking.

We are god here on earth, BC God made us in his image.

I believe in God and prayers but it's mainly for heavenly matters.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Nigerians Spend Too Much Time Praying Instead Of Working – BBNaija Doyin by jiz: 4:57pm On Jun 10
A lazy man will not pray and praying man will not be lazy. Prayer and hardwork goes hand in hand. Prayer itself is hardwork. Even almighty USA is a country built on prayer. Because one useless show BBnaija make you popular doesn't give you audacity to doubt or discredit the power of prayer.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘Nigerians Spend Too Much Time Praying Instead Of Working – BBNaija Doyin by OKKO(m): 4:57pm On Jun 10
Yes, point made.
Re: ‘Nigerians Spend Too Much Time Praying Instead Of Working – BBNaija Doyin by KushLyon(m): 4:57pm On Jun 10
Very true. There is one building close to mine where prayers are held every Monday morning. This people start praying from 8am till 12pm and I start wondering if they don't go to work. So Sunday no reach dem for church, they also added Monday

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Nigerians Spend Too Much Time Praying Instead Of Working – BBNaija Doyin by SEGLIZ: 4:58pm On Jun 10
if only everyone could participate in bbn so we would stop praying.

honestivo:
Must this one talk always ,what does she do for living
the bbn job should go round for people to stop praying, after their nuisance in that lockdown they come feeling high like on narcotics.
Re: ‘Nigerians Spend Too Much Time Praying Instead Of Working – BBNaija Doyin by inoki247: 4:58pm On Jun 10
Lol everybody have something to say once they're given the microphone capping starts....

Anyway na true there are some church that do weekly service on weekdays in the morning and you will see everywhere filled up...

Program on Monday morning when you're suppose to start ur week and start finding how to figure it out....

3 Likes

Re: ‘Nigerians Spend Too Much Time Praying Instead Of Working – BBNaija Doyin by santopelele(m): 4:58pm On Jun 10
Ans they spends too much time watching BBNAIJA instead of confronting their oppressors

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Nigerians Spend Too Much Time Praying Instead Of Working – BBNaija Doyin by CoronaVirusPro: 4:59pm On Jun 10
She does know you can travel to the US without a Visa or aircraft.

Faith does wonders!

Hushpuppi travelled to the US without a visa. That’s a living testimony.

3 Likes

Re: ‘Nigerians Spend Too Much Time Praying Instead Of Working – BBNaija Doyin by uvie66: 4:59pm On Jun 10
TrackerSK:
Religion nah scam
Girl you hit the nail on the head, we all know this, some people will go to church on Sunday, morning devotion on Monday and Bible study on Friday upon all our prayers inflation is still running double digits, and people are getting poorer apart from the big churches pastor of course.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Nigerians Spend Too Much Time Praying Instead Of Working – BBNaija Doyin by Truthsandtrusts: 5:00pm On Jun 10
Odewaleadesoye:
Controversial Big Brother Naija reality star Doyinsola Anuoluwapo David, simply known as Doyin, has shared her religious views.

She said she doesn’t believe in religious programmes.

According to her, if religious programmes were what a nation needs, Nigeria would have been one of the greatest countries in the world.

The reality star said Nigerians spend “too much” time praying instead of working and being good human beings.

She stated this on her Snapchat page while responding to a fan who asked why she never connects to any of the religious programmes online.
Doyin wrote: [/b]

In another post, the reality star wrote:

DAILY POST

Not their faults,is what those thief pastor's has turn them into mental slavery so they know not thy self's anymore

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tonto Dike's New Tattoo / Nothing Works Without Holy Spirit - Tonto Dikeh Preaches / Ini Edo Speaks!my Love, My Husband, His Ex-wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.