Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,887 members, 7,866,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 04:34 PM

₦‎2.7 Billion Fraud: Ex-Director, Azubuike Okorie Testifies Against Sirika - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ₦‎2.7 Billion Fraud: Ex-Director, Azubuike Okorie Testifies Against Sirika (7442 Views)

Lagos Guber Tribunal: US Immigration Lawyer Testifies Against Deputy Governor / Pantami: DSS Disowns Ex-Director, Amachree's Comment / Jaafaru Ibrahim Dumps APC (El-Rufai’s Ex-Director Of Campaign) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

₦‎2.7 Billion Fraud: Ex-Director, Azubuike Okorie Testifies Against Sirika by OmotolaDeniro(f): 6:57am On Jun 11
The N2.7bn contract fraud trial of the immediate-past Minister of Aviation, Hadi Sirika, opened on Monday with a former Director of Procurement in the Federal Ministry of Aviation, Azubuike Okorie, testifying against him.

Sirika is standing trial alongside his daughter, Fatima, son-in-law, Jalal Hamma, and their company, Al-Buraq Investment Limited.

The defendants are being prosecuted on six counts, bordering on contract fraud, by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

The EFCC alleged that as minister, Sirika abused his office to confer undue advantage on his daughter, son-in-law and company, by allegedly awarding contracts to them.

Led in evidence by the EFCC lead counsel, Rotimi Jacobs (SAN), the subpoenaed witness, Okorie, informed Justice Sylvanus Oriji of the Federal Capital Territory High Court, Abuja that a certain N1.4bn Apron Extension contract at Katsina Airport was not executed till he left civil service on May 23, 2023.

“As of the time I left civil service on May 23, 2023, the contract was not executed, to the best of my knowledge,” Okorie told the judge.

The witness said he served as a Special Assistant on Projects to Sirika between 2022 and 2023.

Okorie said he also served as the Chairman of the Project Implementation Committee, which was responsible for the monitoring and evaluation of projects.

He identified Al-Buraq Investment Limited as one of the contractors, which got jobs from the aviation ministry.

He, however, told the court that when his committee visited Katsina for project monitoring and implementation, Al-Buraq contractors and other contractors were not on the ground.

“When we got there (Kastina Airport), we had a list of other contractors who were supposed to be on the ground, including Al-Buraq. My Lord, we did not find any of them on site then,” he said.

He explained that before a contract was awarded, the Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria would have secured land with a Certificate of Occupancy.

He, however, said when his committee interacted with the Commissioner for Lands in Kastina State, he informed that “because of a conflict between the Nigerian Air Force and Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria, they were not able to secure the land at that time and so the contractors could not go to the site.”

Okorie said he was aware that Al-Buraq Investment Limited had already been paid 30 per cent of the contract sum as mobilisation fee.

“As Chairman, Project Implementation Committee, I was not involved in payments.

“Payments are made in stages until a contractor finishes the contract,” he said.

The lead defence counsel, Chief Kanu Agabi (SAN), asked the court for an adjournment to cross-examine the witness.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/n2-7bn-fraud-efcc-first-witness-testifies-in-sirika-trial/%3famp

1 Like

Re: ₦‎2.7 Billion Fraud: Ex-Director, Azubuike Okorie Testifies Against Sirika by Nahunger(m): 7:52am On Jun 11
cheesy
FTC after a very long time.

First of all, I want to thank the admin that banned me last month, I want to thank my village people.

I really appreciate our new national anthem, also I want to appreciate boogyman5 for always lighting up his weed 😂😂😂😂

Also, Nigerians like my Monika is spelt, I'm sorry I just have to do my job.

So boss seun na Opay or Palmpay I go send to claim my prize 🏆

Tonyebarcanista has lost it, I'm not impressed with him lately, seems he now wields a very big knife 🔪 on the throat of our national cake like the people he always criticised..

Back to the topic, Do you think Justice will be served or this is another charade to distract Nigerians from the biting effects of wack economic policies

Do have a great day everyone 👏

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦‎2.7 Billion Fraud: Ex-Director, Azubuike Okorie Testifies Against Sirika by jojothaiv(m): 7:53am On Jun 11
What a country we lived in.

If we look at this Hadi case critically, man own might just be child play to the numerous covet deals going on right beneath our noses but as usual, we will be humble, meek and docile and let the looting spree keep going on.

Until there's a capital punishment for all looters we might nevee get it right.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ₦‎2.7 Billion Fraud: Ex-Director, Azubuike Okorie Testifies Against Sirika by EnglishUsa: 7:53am On Jun 11
S
Re: ₦‎2.7 Billion Fraud: Ex-Director, Azubuike Okorie Testifies Against Sirika by Emman08: 7:53am On Jun 11
Was Calamity Buhari not approving all these monies?

Asking for a friend.
Re: ₦‎2.7 Billion Fraud: Ex-Director, Azubuike Okorie Testifies Against Sirika by bukalis(m): 7:54am On Jun 11
Hmmmmm undecided
Re: ₦‎2.7 Billion Fraud: Ex-Director, Azubuike Okorie Testifies Against Sirika by Anguldi(m): 7:55am On Jun 11
tongue
Re: ₦‎2.7 Billion Fraud: Ex-Director, Azubuike Okorie Testifies Against Sirika by Brendaniel: 7:55am On Jun 11
The very same government and minister those supporting Tinubu now supported for 8 years and they want Nigerians to believe that they know what they are doing....

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦‎2.7 Billion Fraud: Ex-Director, Azubuike Okorie Testifies Against Sirika by Parydelegate: 7:55am On Jun 11
Actually, to be sincerely honest in my humble opinion, without being sentimental and of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, and without lies to the actual truth, with my clear open mind and clean heart, expressing what ever is embedded inside me for a long time which I didn't say because I was nervous. But today by gathering all the courage and motivation, I just want to say that I actually feel and think that EFCC should also go after other corrupt ministers from the last administration. Thank you! 🙏

1 Like

Re: ₦‎2.7 Billion Fraud: Ex-Director, Azubuike Okorie Testifies Against Sirika by PlutoChief: 7:56am On Jun 11
Yeye dey smell
Re: ₦‎2.7 Billion Fraud: Ex-Director, Azubuike Okorie Testifies Against Sirika by FreeStuffsNG: 7:57am On Jun 11
OmotolaDeniro:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/n2-7bn-fraud-efcc-first-witness-testifies-in-sirika-trial/%3famp

“When we got there (Kastina Airport), we had a list of other contractors who were supposed to be on the ground, including Al-Buraq. My Lord, we did not find any of them on site then,” he said.
This prosecution witness and his account is very strong and compelling. It will play a significant role in the eventual conviction if the court decides to convict the defendants.

When they tell you to go commit crime and deceive you with that nonsense rhetoric of " this is Nigeria ", run before they ruin your life! Sirika is in real trouble. That retired senior civil servant better have no skeleton in his own cupboard so that his credibility as a prosecution witness is not tainted.

May God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

25 Likes

Re: ₦‎2.7 Billion Fraud: Ex-Director, Azubuike Okorie Testifies Against Sirika by UpTown001(m): 7:59am On Jun 11
This country, Nawa o embarassed
Re: ₦‎2.7 Billion Fraud: Ex-Director, Azubuike Okorie Testifies Against Sirika by Judolisco(m): 7:59am On Jun 11
Dis same stuff is happening across all agencies and parastatals... If not dem no go see money dey build all dis estates for Abuja na... But God na wonderful God, with all d money, no peace of mind, most of them dey treat mad sickness, some of dem get serious drug addicts as children...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦‎2.7 Billion Fraud: Ex-Director, Azubuike Okorie Testifies Against Sirika by Spartachizzy: 7:59am On Jun 11
Polithiefians
Re: ₦‎2.7 Billion Fraud: Ex-Director, Azubuike Okorie Testifies Against Sirika by egoldman(m): 7:59am On Jun 11
FreeStuffsNG:

This is the sidika u were defending along his Nigerian air scam, you should be ashamed of yourself.

9 Likes

Re: ₦‎2.7 Billion Fraud: Ex-Director, Azubuike Okorie Testifies Against Sirika by ATLANTIC01: 8:00am On Jun 11
Everybody just dey theif

Ongoing P.O.P interior design project in lagos

https://www.nairaland.com/8062846/number-1-interior-exterior-design

Re: ₦‎2.7 Billion Fraud: Ex-Director, Azubuike Okorie Testifies Against Sirika by MaziObinnaokija: 8:01am On Jun 11
cool sad sad shocked
Re: ₦‎2.7 Billion Fraud: Ex-Director, Azubuike Okorie Testifies Against Sirika by kenn4rill(m): 8:04am On Jun 11
If the legendary late Fela where to be alive today, I wonder the kind of song he would be singing in respect to the kind of looting we are experiencing today compering to the peanuts that where been looted back then.
Re: ₦‎2.7 Billion Fraud: Ex-Director, Azubuike Okorie Testifies Against Sirika by YoungLionken(m): 8:05am On Jun 11
Re: ₦‎2.7 Billion Fraud: Ex-Director, Azubuike Okorie Testifies Against Sirika by Curious345: 8:05am On Jun 11
Lovely
Re: ₦‎2.7 Billion Fraud: Ex-Director, Azubuike Okorie Testifies Against Sirika by KatherineBooths: 8:06am On Jun 11
What if You Could Land Your Dream Job?

Imagine walking into a room full of top employers in Nigeria (or abroad). Amidst the sea of hopeful candidates, your CV shines bright, attracting attention and piquing interest.

With our CV writing services, that dream can become a reality. We tailor your CV to ensure it not only looks the part but truly showcases your potential and achievements.

Don't just take our word for it. Here's what Nuel C. from Lagos had to say:

"Before using the Paulwelj CV services, I was sending out CVs with little success. After the revamp, I had 5 interview invites in just one week!"

And Obeh G. from Kuwait says:
"Thank you for a job well done. Thank you, I really do appreciate. New opportunities have opened to me. Thank you again."

Why wait? Seize the opportunity and elevate your CV game. Our Whatsapp contact is in the flyer below. Chat us NOW!

Re: ₦‎2.7 Billion Fraud: Ex-Director, Azubuike Okorie Testifies Against Sirika by Treasure17(m): 8:06am On Jun 11
Buhari and his geng did us dirty.
Re: ₦‎2.7 Billion Fraud: Ex-Director, Azubuike Okorie Testifies Against Sirika by theophorus(m): 8:07am On Jun 11
Sirika don enter correct gbege.

Next time when you get opportunity to serve you no go do Balablu.
Re: ₦‎2.7 Billion Fraud: Ex-Director, Azubuike Okorie Testifies Against Sirika by ogolemati: 8:08am On Jun 11
Emman08:
Was Calamity Buhari not approving all these monies?

Asking for a friend.
cheesy grin grin grin grin buhari the saint according to nairaland suya guy mannabbqgriIl the darling daddy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦‎2.7 Billion Fraud: Ex-Director, Azubuike Okorie Testifies Against Sirika by rajiedreez: 8:09am On Jun 11
Let Sirika go to holiday in kuje
Re: ₦‎2.7 Billion Fraud: Ex-Director, Azubuike Okorie Testifies Against Sirika by FreeStuffsNG: 8:10am On Jun 11
egoldman:

Cyberbullying is still a crime and that's why I am responding to you so that your cyberbullying activities will have digital footprints.
Everyone who holds a contrary opinion is always a victim of your criminal defamation, insults and cyberbullying.

Sirika is still innocent in the face of the law and if his noble idea is endorsed by FG, it doesn't mean if he is guilty, the government of the Federation is guilty. It's same government that some of us supported that is prosecuting him today.

If you are in government, don't go into government to commit crime, if you do, it is the same government that will prosecute and convict you! Same counsel I will give you, when you are online, don't go about committing cybercrime, cyberstalking and criminal defamation again.
Re: ₦‎2.7 Billion Fraud: Ex-Director, Azubuike Okorie Testifies Against Sirika by Houseofglam7(f): 8:11am On Jun 11
Speechless 😶
Re: ₦‎2.7 Billion Fraud: Ex-Director, Azubuike Okorie Testifies Against Sirika by Nonybb: 8:13am On Jun 11
Sirika is as corrupt as Buhari
Re: ₦‎2.7 Billion Fraud: Ex-Director, Azubuike Okorie Testifies Against Sirika by AkumTemi: 8:13am On Jun 11
OmotolaDeniro:

Nothing will come out of it, our anti corruption agencies are mere toothless bulldogs.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Finally Speaks On His Divorce Saga / Tinubu Calls Igbo People "Awon Okoro" In Soon To Be Released Tapes / The Only City With 11 L.G.A Area In SS/SE (orlu)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.