Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,565 members, 7,801,601 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) (16207 Views)

“Laide Bakare – My Xperience” Reality Show By Laide Bakare / Goldie & Denrele Launch 'Tru Friendship' Reality Show / Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 19, 2007
i knew sum1 would cum up with this

bata and atilogu

Its a couples dance competition

All dance styles and performances must be those where it TAKES 2 to do
specifically MALE and FEMALE

As we all are aware most traditional african dances/styles are GROUP PERFORMANCES --that's where the beauty comes from

Remember this competition is between the CELEBS who are not professional dancers nor have they performed any of these dance styles before

so this call for them to be original and be great is a bit far-fetched.
You take people out of their comfort zone and then expect them to dance perfectly

The whole point is to appreciate the effort they put into learning sumthing out of their field and enjoying themselves at it too

Liven up people puhleeeeeeeeeese

I'm enjoyin it cos I'll always appreciate any effort to try new things
I for one have tried to learn the Rumba and when I pulled a muscle I gave up

I intend on going back to learn cha-cha
why cos i've always liked latin -american dance styles
I'll learn Hip-Hop after that cos i'm sooooooooo stale in that regard
Even bata-dance too ( but dat ting hard o! i don try am kai)

Abeg Dance na d main thing Jare grin grin
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by zigbo(f): 8:43pm On Oct 19, 2007
do they freaking ve to "take two" in the first place
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Saymamy(f): 9:50pm On Oct 20, 2007
Dis show was quite crazy. It was just okay.The dancers(nd celebrities) were not that good nd the judges didnt do thier job at all.They were just commending everybody nd saying dey did well; even when they didn't.Oh my God u sud have seen d way dis guyz were dancin. It was , Hey, dis is my opinion.
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by topeorekoy(m): 8:32am On Oct 22, 2007
I watched on MBI yesternite and wont lie to u the show was so cool

Brian( Mr Nigeria) i really love his performance yesternite. he and his teacher were just awesome and they made good use of the stage. i'll rate the performance 8/10

Nomoreloss he didnt do bad with the drama dance he put up with his instructor. i'll rate him 7/10

Funlola (palace fame) really didnt feel the dance. I'll rate her 4/10

Omowunmi Akinifesi her performance was cool. her instructor gave her alot of confidence and the dance was ok. i'll rate her 7/10

Pasuma the contemporary african dance was ok. doesnt he look akward with that dance and costume? he isnt used to that kind of dance but he tried. the dance was cool and simple. i'll rate him 6/10

Kunle Afolayan his performance was not good for my liking. he looks rigid on stage and wasnt really cool. i'll rate him 4/10

Omotola Ekehinde what really attracted me to the dance was the music they chose. they did a simple and cool dance. i'll rate her 6/10

Zizi she was cool and did a very good job. the dance was captivating. i'll rate her 7/10

Tara the african comtemporary, i didnt feel the dance at all. i'll rate her 4/10

Sound Sultan he treid and had a cool performance. i'll rate him 5/10

the show is a coo, show and the next edition will be eviction nite. for me, i'll put these people up for edition

TARA, KUNLE AFOLAYAN AND FUNLOLA cos they didnt catch my attarction with their danec but if i were to evict one, i'll choose KUNLE AFOLAYAN
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by onmyown(m): 8:36am On Oct 22, 2007
can someone tell benedict, the presenter, that the fect that he is good singer cum music producer does not make him a presenter. he was screaming so loud that my dog started barking.
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by jiddah: 9:54am On Oct 22, 2007
i think the idea is quite unique,even though it was close to the dancing with the stars,Funlola's performance was breathtaking,just got hooked, Brian's dance too was quite dramatic and its really fun just watching them in a different light.i just think the idea is cool trying to bring stars out in a different light.My best performance is Funlola and the worst performance of all was Omotola Jalade,i really think she shold have friggin lost some weight before throwing herself out into the public,some things kind of looks offensive when they are all tight out and stuff.
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by anongal: 10:52am On Oct 22, 2007
onmyown:

can someone tell benedict, the presenter, that the fect that he is good singer come music producer does not make him a presenter. he was screaming so loud that my dog started barking.
HA HA HA.MA THOTS EAXTLY
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Modups1(f): 12:46pm On Oct 22, 2007
jiddah:

the worst performance of all was Omotola Jalade,i really think she shold have friggin lost some weight before throwing herself out into the public,some things kind of looks offensive when they are all tight out and stuff.
OUCH!!!!, u r mean

kunle afolayan's performance made me laff, was dat supposed to be hip hop?

i liked omowunmi's salsa

pasuma doing contemporary african dance? laaaaaaaffffffffffffffffff!
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by DisGuy: 4:38pm On Oct 22, 2007
did Y'all see Pasoma - Fine boy dancing cool

the show is quite nice, though the judges were a bit too nice too all of them-early days
some of the instructors are not doing their job very well or perhaps they don't spend enough time with the partners.

that fashion designer is putting a lot of effort into it, she's good
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by princesa(f): 11:35am On Oct 23, 2007
i really feel consultant
nigerians! when it suits them they follow their custom,
and when it does they drop it angry
did you notice that the songs were all foreign
not one belonging to the stars who danced
anyway sha wink the show is kinda nice
and MBI shows their on sundays by 10 pm
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by abakemi(f): 1:49pm On Oct 26, 2007
princesa,

i watched the show and there were atleast 4 songs that were African o, remember not all of the celebrities are musicians.

Anyway like you said the show was really cool, i watched it on STV and i thot Pasuma's dance was hilarious, abeg he looked like he was being tortured or something grin

It's a show i'd like to see again sha
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 27, 2007
hey so this thread is up again

my two cents

The last episode I watched live cos I bought a ticket for the live recording so the dances that i liked were

omowunmi ---yes i agree her instructed helped her shine , i thot the ending was cool

pasuma --- i just think its great seeing pasuma doing something so out of his field

kunle --- he struggled with that hip-hop obviously
omotola ---- seems her efforts are halfhearted

This sunday's episode is the elimination round so i have to make sure my fav's are in the competition

Yes i dont like the presenter too, he doesnt give the chic space to talk sef
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by femorra(m): 10:57pm On Oct 28, 2007
wow! this show has gone to another level everyones dance has stepped up. But my best for the night was definitely Mr Nigeria's dance abeg that was hiphop and a half abeg no kill us o!
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by DisGuy: 11:53pm On Oct 28, 2007
Pasuma- out of his field ?

what will you then say about the others- the designers and the other one
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by abakemi(f): 11:08am On Oct 29, 2007
Tara was da bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked She completely broke out of her shell. Did you see her hip-hop african (that's the only name i could come up with for her dance smiley) She has stopped playing safe and i was really impressed.

Omotola was an eye sore, pullllllleaseeeeeeeee, that lady needs to lose some weight fast, she wasn't even able to carry herself, she needs to step up her game o.

Learnt we start voting for over favs from next week, can't wait cos Tara and Pasuma have my votes for this week!

P.S someone should please gag that fat judge! is ratings are so unfair, Thank God the judges have no say in who remains in the show.
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by tosinadeda: 12:45pm On Oct 29, 2007
Pasuma was fantastic and so also was sound sultan,i think that big judge with the dreads was unfair2 omowunmi,how on earth cld he give a 5 when they didnt comit blunders.He shld also work on his english
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by phemmy123: 11:32am On Oct 31, 2007
Whatever ever anyone's business opinion is, the show is just a standard one, and it's simply the best show nigeria
had ever produced,
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 03, 2007
voting has started

check the site

celebritytakes2.com

the number is 33350 from any NETWORK

GO TAKES2 , (NAME OF CELEB)

REMEMBER TO PUT A SPACE BTW EACH WORD

Please vote wisely so that we can look forward to more great performances
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by A40(m): 8:08pm On Nov 04, 2007
Who are they bouncing?
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by femorra(m): 8:19pm On Nov 04, 2007
i no know o! but i cant help feeling that the first couple to go would be a suprise eviction, not neccesarily the worst couple
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Ndi(f): 3:21pm On Nov 05, 2007
Sound Sultan was simply outstanding!!!!!!!!!!! you would hardly tell who the the sudent/instructor was. He is my favourite to clinch the prize because every week he come on stronger simply out of reach by his co-contestants.

Omowunmi too did well, i think she got a wake up call from the judges last week and yesterday she was superb!! The Opening and the shake, shake move got me going i really felt her presence. For somebody that did Dancing as her talent show during the MBGN contest i had expected more from day 1.

Brian too was okay, with his height, i had expected him to top the chart but he is still cool. (These are my Top 3)
For others;

Zizi - I did not feel her at all yesterday, she is been doing fine all these while. Whatever happened? sad
Pasuma - Dont just go there!!!!!!! Did he think Cha Cha was another Akpala grin
Kunle - He was just picking/counting steps dhe did not do Cha Cha. But he tried.
Omotola - One of my favourite actresses and all that but Girlfriend is not taking this dance thing serious because she laughs at every mistake she makes. I do not really like that kind of attitude from her. (Who says dancing is for only slim people) I have seen fat people dance. Its all about intrest and determination.
Tara - Her Carriage was not convincing but she tried her best, i could see the determination in her.
Funlola - She Dances with too much seriousness that made her body stiff all through her performance, she needs to loosen up a little, but she is good.
Nomoreloss - He has been trying so far but his Cha-Cha was average, he gave in all he could though. undecided
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Nobody: 10:38pm On Nov 07, 2007
did any one vote?

well the news is in

I watched the live recording of the upcoming episode

and embarassed embarassed embarassed

TARA IS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was upset seriously cos i thot it was omotola or nomoreloss

I'll keep mum abt the next episode but

some of those dance sequences were off- the chain

and voting is continuous

SOOOO PLEASE VOTE FOR YOUR FAVRITE CONTESTANTS

GO TAKES2 (NAME OF CELEB)

Txts cost N50 each

i like pasuma he adds the twist to the show
besides watching him dance is 'priceless'
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 08, 2007
OOps
i used the wrong smiley in my last post

TARA IS OUT cry cry cry
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by dominique(f): 7:20pm On Nov 08, 2007
my top 3 is, (in no particular)
1 Sound sultan
2 miss nigeria
3 mr nigeria

the others are aight but not winning material
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Zizi(f): 1:36pm On Nov 09, 2007
I think they should have voted PASUMA out. His CHA CHA CHA was AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The program entirely sucks. The so called SOD dancers are so horrid in their dances that's why the celebrities are not getting better. I think they should please stick to christain cheorgraphies. That is what they are best known for. Someone should please tell SKYE Bank to find some better project to put their money into. This dance programs S U C K S big tyme!!!!
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by fyneyes: 2:55pm On Nov 12, 2007
watching pasuma dance is painful yet i cant help but laff,his last performance,the cha cha was absolute rubbish,am sure he could not wait for the dance to be over and even for him to be voted out,but the truth is that we love Pasuma,nevertheless,but he just aint that kind of material.

kule Afolayan, well that is another stiff waist,what the hell has the guy been eating,he is so stiff,its painful to watch him dance too.

Omotola,mother of four! well i think its high time she figured out what she really wants to do with that wait,and i still find it difficult to understand why she is all out and almost naked like that,this is africa and sha is a married woman oh! and if she is looking up to Zizi?,Zizi has a white "Partner".but i still like her though but as an actress not as "am a mother of four and can still do wateva i like cos am young!"

Omowunmi, i think she has been dancing before,so is Funlola,Sultan,Mr nigeria and maybe Nomoreloss.

my last top four is Funlola,Omowumi,sound sultan and Mr Nigeria.

and the presenters wat the hell are they doing acting all uptight,though the show is a copy cat but the initiative is good.
as for the judges would have loved to see like Yinka Davies among them.

and wats with the bringing in of nollywood faces to come dash out marks?
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Modups1(f): 2:11pm On Nov 13, 2007
i agree dat pasuma aint just cutting it, ah ah ah shocked
i however like his seriousness in d dances but. . . .no, no, no sad
as for afolayan, what is dat guy doing on this program

if am to pick based on their last performance it has to be
1)funlola & zizi
2)omowunmi
3)brian
4)omotola
5)sound sultan
6)nomoreloss
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by Seun(m): 7:51pm On Nov 13, 2007
What time and on what station can we watch the show?
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by tommyex(m): 8:57pm On Nov 13, 2007
I think the show is 8pm saturday and sunday am sorry i aint too sure of sunday

hmm Salsera n Modups HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by romeo(m): 9:11pm On Nov 13, 2007
please i would prefer traditional dance any day and not copying latin dance
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by jpapa(m): 11:06pm On Nov 13, 2007
[color=#006600]I just want to say that Nigeria have really come of age in the entertainment industry and i must say that pasuma have impressed me and many Nigerians, he was on this charity show stars on the runway and i think he was the only Fuji musician there and he proven to Nigerians that he has what it take to tango Fuji and exposure.

The stage is now set for elimination and the first dance partners have been eliminated and it gets hotter from there.

I must say thumbs up to skye bank and i hope the celeb takes 2 has come to stay for really.

I would want to know what we feel about pasuma and other contestant

No be small thin
[/color]
Re: Celebrity Takes Two: New Dance Reality Show (Sponsor: Skyebank) by knzguru(m): 2:02am On Nov 14, 2007
Hey, i was at the live shooting of SOD's celebrity takes 2 and it was a BALL.

You naysayers shd really just get ur snobby noses outta ur arses and realise that this is a huge step forward for us in Nigeria entertainment-wise. Can u compare it to the home videos and crappy music (tho judging by d way u come across, i totally expect u peeps to be nollywood lovers)?

These are young Nigerians doing what they know how and it's being aired internationally. Please let's know what YOUR accomplishments are that match this and also how YOU have contributed to the Nigerian entertainment industry. I understand that d dances might be terrible (what do u expect when pasuma tries to waltz) but its really funny.

Sorry if i sound a bit harsh but i really cant stand people putting others, who are making such an effort, down.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Download Doctor Strange Movie / Omoni Oboli's "Okafor's Law" Sold Out In Cinemas (Photos) / Nigeria, Others Fail To Meet Digital Transmission Deadline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.