Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,997 members, 7,803,312 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

Oliseh Rejects Ajax, S/liege For Eagles Job! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oliseh Rejects Ajax, S/liege For Eagles Job! (726 Views)

Oliseh Rejects ‘top’ African Nation’s Offer [PHOTOS] / Women Praying And Holding TV For Eagles Victory / NFF Thanks T.B Joshua For Eagles Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oliseh Rejects Ajax, S/liege For Eagles Job! by Relax101(m): 10:49pm On Nov 27, 2011
Sunday Oliseh rejected an offer from Dutch giants Ajax in order to realize his dream of coaching the Super Eagles, it has been reported in the Dutch media.

The former Super Eagles captain applied for the national team’s job after Samson Siasia was sacked, but he was beaten to the post by Stephen Keshi.

It has now emerged that the 2005 UEFA Champions League winners were willing to give one of their former players a place on their bench.

However, who has studied for and bagged a UEFA A (advanced) coaching licence, was reportedly eyeing a higher position that what was on offer.

to be a youth coach at the club. Oliseh will immediately be somewhere as head coach to work.

"In recent months I had an offer from Ajax to work as a youth coach to get my coaching career started," Oliseh told German Spox. "There was also the possibility of being assistant coach at Standard Liege, but I rejected both offers. It was not in my plans, I first wanted to get my trainer license. I'm ready to be head trainer. "

Oliseh played two seasons for Ajax, who in 1999 sold to the Nigerian Juventus. "But Amsterdam has created a desire to later head trainer," says the former quarry worker basket. "I learned to read a race.
That my ex-teammates Danny Blind, Frank de Boer, Michael Laudrup and Shota Arveladze all (Main) became coach, is no accident. "

Oliseh was one of the many newcomers at Ajax in the summer of 1997, after manager Louis van Gaal left for Barcelona.

"I had a great time in Amsterdam," he recounts. "My best time as a player was at FC Köln. But at Ajax, I learned the tactical aspect of football which I greatly appreciated.

That is where the desire to become head coach in the future was developed. That my ex-teammates Danny Blind, Frank de Boer, Michael Laudrup and Shota Arveladze all became coaches is no accident. “

http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/news/2011/11/oliseh-rejects-ajax-sliege-for-eagles-job
Re: Oliseh Rejects Ajax, S/liege For Eagles Job! by Kx: 12:33pm On Nov 28, 2011
Relax101:

Sunday Oliseh rejected an offer from Dutch giants Ajax i[b]n order to realize his dream of coaching the Super Eagles,[/b] it has been reported in the Dutch media.
NO.

Relax101:

" I rejected both offers. It was not in my plans, I first wanted to get my trainer license"
http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/news/2011/11/oliseh-rejects-ajax-sliege-for-eagles-job
Even the report confirms that he rejected Ajax offers to bag his training license, not to coach SE.
Matter of fact his coaching license is for his coaching job, not necessarily for coaching SE.

(1) (Reply)

Cote Iviore International Players Vs Zambia Local Players / Peace Talk About Nigeria Football / Messi Injured vs Benfica

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.