Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,808 members, 7,898,938 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 10:46 PM

Man Cries Out As He Shows Off 1000 Bags Of Water He Uses To Bathe In Lekki - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Cries Out As He Shows Off 1000 Bags Of Water He Uses To Bathe In Lekki (56753 Views)

Man Cries Out Over The Type Of Ambulance Donated By Ogun State Government / Man Cries Out On Seeing The Truck That Supplies His Compound With Water / See What A Man Found Inside The Bottle Water He Bought Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Cries Out As He Shows Off 1000 Bags Of Water He Uses To Bathe In Lekki by Gistmedia10: 12:21pm On Jun 15
A resident of Lekki, Lagos Island, has taken to social media to share his struggles with water scarcity in the upscale neighborhood. In a video that has quickly gone viral, the man shows about 1000 bags of water he claims to use daily for bathing.

Standing beside a massive pile of sachet water bags, commonly known as "pure water" in Nigeria, the man explains his predicament: "This is my daily routine.

Lekki, despite its reputation for luxury and high property values, suffers from significant infrastructure issues, with water scarcity being a major concern. Many residents, like the man in the video, are forced to purchase sachet water due to unreliable municipal supply.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzF6pnC8_Iw

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Cries Out As He Shows Off 1000 Bags Of Water He Uses To Bathe In Lekki by Yugoslavia247(m): 12:22pm On Jun 15
Shey they forbid him to show the estate.

Today is saturday.

Maybe na festive water.

Some will sha chase clout.

People buy water from tankers in lekki.

Except you live in a different place or illegal structure.

109 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Man Cries Out As He Shows Off 1000 Bags Of Water He Uses To Bathe In Lekki by FeliciaOja(f): 12:22pm On Jun 15
LMAO grin grin grin grin

I used to refer to Island as " Rich Man Prison"
You want to buy snacks you have to drive all the way to supermarket lol
No kiosk or Aboki in those areas

Anything you want is out of reach
So it forces you to order for anything to be delivered to your house.

One time I went to island for acting movie.
We spent 1 week shooting film
The water coming from the tap was brown in color.
Nobody wanted to touch the water
We thought the brown color came from sewage pipe. But it had no smell.

Luckily for us, there is a well inside that compunond. We had to use the well and put buckets outside whenever rain fall.

That was when I realized that all that glitters is not gold. Mainland is bae kiss

351 Likes 37 Shares

Re: Man Cries Out As He Shows Off 1000 Bags Of Water He Uses To Bathe In Lekki by CyberHustle: 12:27pm On Jun 15
That's harsh. I hope he isnt doing this for Social Media.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Cries Out As He Shows Off 1000 Bags Of Water He Uses To Bathe In Lekki by EmperorCaesar(m): 12:32pm On Jun 15
Things Lagos folks brag with
Living abnormal lives and making it a norm

166 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Man Cries Out As He Shows Off 1000 Bags Of Water He Uses To Bathe In Lekki by Lonestar124: 12:32pm On Jun 15
I don try this one or two days, the hand pain and stress that fellow it is something else...

Opening many sachet of water and pouring it in a bucket is not easy...

85 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Man Cries Out As He Shows Off 1000 Bags Of Water He Uses To Bathe In Lekki by immortalcrown(m): 12:35pm On Jun 15
Before he rented the apartment, was he not aware that the place does not have good water? If he was aware of the situation, he is just exposing his stupidity by making noise online. And if he was aware of the situation before he rented the apartment, he probably rented the apartment because he thought he would be making enough money to buy expensive water but the economy has failed him and he doesn't want to be straightforward to state exactly what made him to rent the apartment.

Was he aware of the water situation but his landlord promised him good water and later failed him? If this is the situation, he should be straightforward to tell the public that his landlord deceived him.

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Cries Out As He Shows Off 1000 Bags Of Water He Uses To Bathe In Lekki by tommy589(m): 12:42pm On Jun 15
grin
Re: Man Cries Out As He Shows Off 1000 Bags Of Water He Uses To Bathe In Lekki by bizza45: 12:51pm On Jun 15
E never start, e go use 50,000 bags take go toilet, what was he expecting when he went to rent house in an over priced river

83 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Cries Out As He Shows Off 1000 Bags Of Water He Uses To Bathe In Lekki by OKOATA(m): 1:11pm On Jun 15
cheesy
This one na clown, Ajah brown water wey we dey use bath and even taste salty sometimes. I have friends in Ajah and there water comes clean naturally. It depends on the areas where you get your place at.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Cries Out As He Shows Off 1000 Bags Of Water He Uses To Bathe In Lekki by idahme(m): 1:52pm On Jun 15
Yugoslavia247:
Shey they forbid him to show the estate.

Today is saturday.

Maybe na festive water.

Some will sha chase clout.

People buy water from tankers in lekki.

Except you live in a different place or illegal structure.

Can't the water be treated if it's bad? Why rely on tankers to supply water?

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Cries Out As He Shows Off 1000 Bags Of Water He Uses To Bathe In Lekki by jmoore(m): 1:57pm On Jun 15
But it is rainy season. He can't collect water from the rainfall?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Cries Out As He Shows Off 1000 Bags Of Water He Uses To Bathe In Lekki by Opanka44(m): 2:04pm On Jun 15
It is well with him. The stress will be too much for him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Cries Out As He Shows Off 1000 Bags Of Water He Uses To Bathe In Lekki by Yugoslavia247(m): 2:06pm On Jun 15
idahme:

Can't the water be treated if it's bad? Why rely on tankers to supply water?

The water has high iron concentration or so

It is not totally safe even when it is treated.

It affects skin too if you have a skin that reacts easily.

The best reliance was lagos state water corporation but it no longer functions

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Cries Out As He Shows Off 1000 Bags Of Water He Uses To Bathe In Lekki by condensedmilk: 2:34pm On Jun 15
Can you imagine!

Lagos that stands in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Cries Out As He Shows Off 1000 Bags Of Water He Uses To Bathe In Lekki by Surgeman: 3:00pm On Jun 15
Finally fake life is expensive.
If you like no park your load go Ikorodu afterall dem no Tye your destiny for Lekill.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Cries Out As He Shows Off 1000 Bags Of Water He Uses To Bathe In Lekki by Mirasteel: 3:02pm On Jun 15
Yuck

1 Like

Re: Man Cries Out As He Shows Off 1000 Bags Of Water He Uses To Bathe In Lekki by Mrtaye: 4:39pm On Jun 15
FeliciaOja:
LMAO grin grin grin grin

I used to refer to Island as " Rich Man Prison"
You want to buy snacks you have to drive all the way to supermarket lol
No kiosk or Aboki in those areas

Anything you want is out of reach
So it forces you to order for anything to be delivered to your house.

One time I went to island for acting movie.
We spent 1 week shooting film
The water coming from the tap was brown in color.
Nobody wanted to touch the water
We thought the brown color came from sewage pipe. But it had no smell.

Luckily for us, there is a well inside that compunond. We had to use the well and put buckets outside whenever rain fall.

That was when I realized that all that glitters is not gold. Mainland is bae kiss
Na true talk....the water is hard water

2 Likes

Re: Man Cries Out As He Shows Off 1000 Bags Of Water He Uses To Bathe In Lekki by 2shure: 6:01pm On Jun 15
Wetin dey pain me na say,why no be around all those march,Feb he show us.at least rain dey fall now every 1 to 3 days.so who he dey do big boy for....he never go toilet oh,or even cook. Nor worry,continue. u go sell that car

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Cries Out As He Shows Off 1000 Bags Of Water He Uses To Bathe In Lekki by LostMyZeal(m): 6:17pm On Jun 15
Lonestar124:
I don try this one or two days, the hand pain and stress that fellow it is something else...

Opening many sachet of water and pouring it in a bucket is not easy...

How about putting the sachets in the bucket and using knife to burst through them. Then afterwards you squeeze out the bursted sachets. That's super fast. Try it

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Cries Out As He Shows Off 1000 Bags Of Water He Uses To Bathe In Lekki by idahme(m): 6:34pm On Jun 15
Yugoslavia247:

The water has high iron concentration or so

It is not totally safe even when it is treated.

It affects skin too if you have a skin that reacts easily.

The best reliance was lagos state water corporation but it no longer functions

I understand now, how will I have to cough out such prices and still go through this issue. I will have to look for an alternative.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Cries Out As He Shows Off 1000 Bags Of Water He Uses To Bathe In Lekki by Kindness218: 8:59pm On Jun 15
Super story

2 Likes

Re: Man Cries Out As He Shows Off 1000 Bags Of Water He Uses To Bathe In Lekki by potbelly(m): 9:00pm On Jun 15
Move to the mainland...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Cries Out As He Shows Off 1000 Bags Of Water He Uses To Bathe In Lekki by Rebuke: 9:00pm On Jun 15
Smh. Before yhu rent the house, didn't yhu enquire about the available amenities in the house?

Well, get yhurself a GP tank and look for a tanker to be supplying yhu. That is, if yhu must continue to stay there.

1k pure to bath, what about the rest room? Abi yhu no dey use toilet? I won't ask about laundry because yhu can easily take yhur clothes to dry cleaners but yhur boxers nko? undecided

Ewww, I just don't want to imagine it sha.
Re: Man Cries Out As He Shows Off 1000 Bags Of Water He Uses To Bathe In Lekki by Bantino(m): 9:01pm On Jun 15
It is well
Re: Man Cries Out As He Shows Off 1000 Bags Of Water He Uses To Bathe In Lekki by Hezzyluv: 9:01pm On Jun 15
Island (Surrounded by water) without water for usages no be Juju be dat? grin

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Cries Out As He Shows Off 1000 Bags Of Water He Uses To Bathe In Lekki by eteforlor(m): 9:01pm On Jun 15
Nigeria is irredeemable.

No country can progress with disunity, corruption, incompetent leaders, disregard for rule of law, hatred, tribalism and religious bigotry.

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Cries Out As He Shows Off 1000 Bags Of Water He Uses To Bathe In Lekki by MVLOX(m): 9:01pm On Jun 15
Na you wan go stay lekki na.... No complain
Re: Man Cries Out As He Shows Off 1000 Bags Of Water He Uses To Bathe In Lekki by Niok: 9:01pm On Jun 15
This can't be real wtf

1 Like

Re: Man Cries Out As He Shows Off 1000 Bags Of Water He Uses To Bathe In Lekki by onadana: 9:02pm On Jun 15
Who send you?As you dey there e get why?Your reason to dey there far out weight the sachets water you dey take bath..
You gettrit..

1 Like

Re: Man Cries Out As He Shows Off 1000 Bags Of Water He Uses To Bathe In Lekki by Wizpa(m): 9:03pm On Jun 15
grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Who Had Neurofibroma Smiles After Surgery To Remove Huge Tumor On His Face / The Top 6 Causes Of Kidney Disease / How Do I Tell My Fiancee She Has Vaginal Odour So That She Won't Feel Bad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.