Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,790 members, 7,898,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 08:01 PM

Tinubu, Biden, Xi, Putin, Zelenskyy Congratulate Ramaphosa On His Re-Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu, Biden, Xi, Putin, Zelenskyy Congratulate Ramaphosa On His Re-Election (13942 Views)

Tinubu's Biden Meeting Shows Opposition's Lack Of Reality Check - Omo-Ikirodah / Ukraine’s President Zelenskyy Congratulates Tinubu, Invites President-Elect / Ukrainian President, Zelenskyy Congratulates President-Elect Bola Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu, Biden, Xi, Putin, Zelenskyy Congratulate Ramaphosa On His Re-Election by WannaHowzit(m): 10:40pm On Jun 15
US president Joe Biden, Ukraine’s Volodymyr Zelenskyy and others have congratulated Cyril Ramaphosa on his re-election as president of South Africa.

The ANC leader was elected during the first sitting of the National Assembly at the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) on Friday, 14 June.

Ramaphosa was nominated alongside the Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) leader Julius Malema for the position, he received 283 votes, while Malema received 44. A total of 12 votes were spoiled.

His re-election follows in the footsteps of Thabo Mbeki and Jacob Zuma, who were also two-term presidents. However, Mbeki and Zuma did not complete their terms as both were recalled before completing their tenures.

In his victory speech, the president-elect thanked MPs and accepted the challenge of the next five years.

“I am humbled and honoured that members of the National Assembly have, through their votes, decided to elect me to be president of the Republic of South Africa. Thank you very much.

“It is with pleasure that I accept. It will be a privilege and pleasure to serve this great nation in the position of president,” said Ramaphosa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnHwoxJlMTM?si=p4cOeJpnq7QZCsQA

BOLA TINUBU 🇳🇬

Nigeria's President Bola Tinubu congratulated Cyril Ramaphosa on his re-election.

Tinubu extended his congratulatory message to South Africans on the peaceful and successful conduct of the general election.

This was contained in a congratulatory message issued by his Special Adviser on Media & Publicity, Ajuri Ngelale on Saturday.

While congratulating Ramaphosa on his victory, Tinubu called for the strengthening of bilateral ties between Nigeria and South Africa.

The statement continued, “While wishing President Ramaphosa a successful term in office, President Tinubu calls for the strengthening of bilateral ties between Nigeria and South Africa as strategic partners in Africa for the overall advancement of the continent.”

JOE BIDEN 🇺🇲

US President Joe Biden congratulated Ramaphosa on his re-election as president of the Republic of South Africa. He commended all the political parties for working together to form a Government of National Unity.

Biden also sent his warm wishes to the people of South Africa as 2024 marks 30 years of democracy.

“They have demonstrated the enduring power of government of the people, by the people, and for the people. I look forward to the United States and South Africa continuing our work together, to expand economic opportunity, invest in clean energy solutions, and demonstrate that democracy delivers.”

XI JINPING 🇨🇳

Chinese President Xi Jinping also sent his congratulatory message. He also noted that China and South Africa have profound political mutual trust and fruitful practical cooperation in various fields, which is a model of solidarity and cooperation among developing countries and the Global South.

Xi said that during his fourth state visit to South Africa in August 2023, he and Ramaphosa reached important consensus on a wide range of issues, marking a new chapter in building a high-level China-South Africa community with a shared future.

VLADIMIR PUTIN 🇷🇺

Russia’s President Vladimir Putin also weighed in on Ramaphosa’s re-election.

Putin said he appreciates Ramaphosa for his personal contribution to the development of strategic partnership relations between the two countries.

“I look forward to continuing our constructive dialogue and joint work on pressing items on the bilateral and international agenda and to welcoming you to the BRICS Summit in Kazan.
I wish you every success in your responsible office of the head of state, as well as good health and well-being,” he said.

VOLODYMYR ZELENSKYY 🇺🇦

Zelenskyy took to X to wish Ramaphosa continued successful work for the benefit of the people of South Africa.

He said Ukraine is interested in advancing its mutually beneficial bilateral cooperation.

“We also value South Africa’s participation in the Global Peace Summit and our joint efforts to restore just peace in Ukraine.

“We look forward to continuing our work on implementing the Peace Formula and restoring the full force of the UN Charter,” he wrote.

Ramaphosa will be inaugurated on July 19.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Biden, Xi, Putin, Zelenskyy Congratulate Ramaphosa On His Re-Election by WannaHowzit(m): 11:10pm On Jun 15
Cyril Ramaphosa will be inaugurated on Wednesday, 19 July in the capital Pretoria. National and foreign dignitaries, including Heads of State and Government have been invited.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Biden, Xi, Putin, Zelenskyy Congratulate Ramaphosa On His Re-Election by KingCold: 11:16pm On Jun 15
I'm surprised the Ukraine sent goodwill messages, I thought we enemy due to our allegiances with Russia

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Biden, Xi, Putin, Zelenskyy Congratulate Ramaphosa On His Re-Election by WannaHowzit(m): 11:22pm On Jun 15
KingCold:
I'm surprised the Ukraine sent goodwill messages, I thought we enemy due to our allegiances with Russia

SA has a non-aligned stance in that war and also lead the Africa Peace mission to Kiev and Moscow. It's Israel that we don't particularly like.

16 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Biden, Xi, Putin, Zelenskyy Congratulate Ramaphosa On His Re-Election by BossGerald: 11:28pm On Jun 15
Atleast he did not grab it, snatch it and run away with it only to turn out to be worst than poohaari.

Congratulations ramaphosa, congratulations south Africa

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Biden, Xi, Putin, Zelenskyy Congratulate Ramaphosa On His Re-Election by EKONGKING: 11:32pm On Jun 15
I , have said previously and will say now .

Putin or Zelnsky wishes have no importance to African contintient except for food prices .

The third main person after Biden and XI ,for economic development in this world ,is Modi of India .

Inspite of many issues facing India , India is the fasted growing major economy at 8 percent and projected to be 3rd largest in dollar terms by next year .

The main point is not projecting greatness of India , but the opportunites which we African countries can exploit .

Indian software exports in this year is around 200 billion dollars ,The companies r facing higer costs and margins are getting squeezed out , due to booming economy .

Kenya and south Africa are best placed due to age old connections to India, to attract them to their shores .The western countries will be very glad as African countries provide alternative to India , 70 percent of Indian Software value goes to western countries .

African countries lost in 2010 to 2015 , when entire segment of BPO or call centers shifted from India to Philippines .

African countries especially the countries, i mentioned need to attract software companies ,unless they lose to Philppines or other Asian countries .

Why iam saying is this , i have seen first hand as iam a tech guy from Nigeria based in India as i have inferred in many previous posts .
Transformation of India is mainly due to software Industry .

Dont depend your economy by selling Gold,oil or platinum ,these will last only upto certain time . Invest in human resources and see the wonder .

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Biden, Xi, Putin, Zelenskyy Congratulate Ramaphosa On His Re-Election by EmperorCaesar(m): 11:38pm On Jun 15
How's this news
Thought you guys don't seek white men validations

Lioness go come dey foam for mouth now

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Biden, Xi, Putin, Zelenskyy Congratulate Ramaphosa On His Re-Election by doggedfighter(f): 11:41pm On Jun 15
Didn't know ANC was re-elected.

Alright
Re: Tinubu, Biden, Xi, Putin, Zelenskyy Congratulate Ramaphosa On His Re-Election by WannaHowzit(m): 11:46pm On Jun 15
EmperorCaesar:
How's this news
Thought you guys don't seek white men validations

Lioness go come dey foam for mouth now

Tinubu ⤵️. Is it news now?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Biden, Xi, Putin, Zelenskyy Congratulate Ramaphosa On His Re-Election by Putindbutt: 4:29am On Jun 16
So sad, the whites are back in power. is the labour of the heroes past not in vain?
Re: Tinubu, Biden, Xi, Putin, Zelenskyy Congratulate Ramaphosa On His Re-Election by helinues: 5:58am On Jun 16
Zelensky, that guy is a true comedian.

Abeg he should stop talking when men are talking. He is a sissy

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, Biden, Xi, Putin, Zelenskyy Congratulate Ramaphosa On His Re-Election by ROTTWEILER007: 6:05am On Jun 16
That's what they know how to do well. Congratulate those who did it in a transparent manner but will never replicate same.

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Biden, Xi, Putin, Zelenskyy Congratulate Ramaphosa On His Re-Election by Nahunger(m): 6:05am On Jun 16

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Biden, Xi, Putin, Zelenskyy Congratulate Ramaphosa On His Re-Election by Gandah(m): 6:05am On Jun 16
F
Re: Tinubu, Biden, Xi, Putin, Zelenskyy Congratulate Ramaphosa On His Re-Election by Parydelegate: 6:06am On Jun 16
No be to congratulate....Nigeria should learn from the peaceful conduct of SA elections.

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Biden, Xi, Putin, Zelenskyy Congratulate Ramaphosa On His Re-Election by Bobotic(m): 6:06am On Jun 16
From a sick bed lipsrsealed

Re: Tinubu, Biden, Xi, Putin, Zelenskyy Congratulate Ramaphosa On His Re-Election by Faber(m): 6:07am On Jun 16
See as these people dey behave cultured, Organized and civilized...

God punish every Nigerian politician...
Nigeria is a stinking, sinking useless shithole

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Biden, Xi, Putin, Zelenskyy Congratulate Ramaphosa On His Re-Election by arinkolashous: 6:09am On Jun 16
Nothing from Netanyahu and Modi?
Re: Tinubu, Biden, Xi, Putin, Zelenskyy Congratulate Ramaphosa On His Re-Election by shadrach77: 6:11am On Jun 16
Tinubu ojú ò tì e! No foreign leader congratulated you after "winning" your election cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, Biden, Xi, Putin, Zelenskyy Congratulate Ramaphosa On His Re-Election by CooldipoMPS: 6:14am On Jun 16
cheesy
Re: Tinubu, Biden, Xi, Putin, Zelenskyy Congratulate Ramaphosa On His Re-Election by Suraj2i: 6:15am On Jun 16
Ok
Re: Tinubu, Biden, Xi, Putin, Zelenskyy Congratulate Ramaphosa On His Re-Election by haybhi1(m): 6:29am On Jun 16
Putting Tinubu first makes a good reportage. I really wish we could close the gap between us and southy, they appear miles ahead.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Biden, Xi, Putin, Zelenskyy Congratulate Ramaphosa On His Re-Election by markidoo(m): 6:30am On Jun 16
On his Re- Rigged election you meant!!!
Re: Tinubu, Biden, Xi, Putin, Zelenskyy Congratulate Ramaphosa On His Re-Election by RodgersAkpafu: 6:40am On Jun 16
SwissMass:
Bitter grievingory Obi people will start to grieve their anguish and bitterness now
mugu
Re: Tinubu, Biden, Xi, Putin, Zelenskyy Congratulate Ramaphosa On His Re-Election by thesicilian: 6:44am On Jun 16
BossGerald:

Atleast he did not grab it, snatch it and run away with it only to turn out to be worst than poohaari.

Congratulations ramaphosa, congratulations south Africa
You lost the election fair and square.
You went to tribunal, you lost fair and square.
You appealed to the Supreme Court, you still lost fair and square.
Give it a rest before you go into cardiac arrest.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, Biden, Xi, Putin, Zelenskyy Congratulate Ramaphosa On His Re-Election by Babastrong(m): 6:44am On Jun 16
[quote author=BossGerald post=130495981]

Congratulations ramaphosa, congratulations south Africa [ it is God that gives power may be snatch, grab or given. you can go and fight him(God) on his throne.]
Re: Tinubu, Biden, Xi, Putin, Zelenskyy Congratulate Ramaphosa On His Re-Election by Chetas81(m): 6:46am On Jun 16
SOUTH AFRICA CITIZEN ARE NOT NIGERIAN

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Biden, Xi, Putin, Zelenskyy Congratulate Ramaphosa On His Re-Election by dominique(f): 6:56am On Jun 16
So after disturbing us all week about their historic record breaking elections, they still went on to elect the (allegedly)!corrupt ANC into power. Load shedding republic we hail thee grin

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Biden, Xi, Putin, Zelenskyy Congratulate Ramaphosa On His Re-Election by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 6:58am On Jun 16
KingCold:
SA are a useless country, it's a matter of time SA will fall
Re: Tinubu, Biden, Xi, Putin, Zelenskyy Congratulate Ramaphosa On His Re-Election by WannaHowzit(m): 7:09am On Jun 16
arinkolashous:
Nothing from Netanyahu and Modi?

😁 Don't expect anything from Netanyahu since SA accuses him of genocide.

Re: Tinubu, Biden, Xi, Putin, Zelenskyy Congratulate Ramaphosa On His Re-Election by AImoneyAdder: 7:18am On Jun 16
Xenophobic Attacks on Nigerians should be curbed by him in S/A.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gunmen Kill 3 Policemen, & Others In Lagos / Oritsejafor Returns As CAN President / My Accounts On Social Media Fake – Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.