Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,341 members, 7,900,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 06:08 PM

PSC Union Deny Allegations Of Corruption In Police Recruitment Process - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PSC Union Deny Allegations Of Corruption In Police Recruitment Process (3172 Views)

Police Recruitment: PSC Releases List Of Successful Candidates / Nigeria Police Recruitment 2020: How To Apply / Photos Of Dino Melaye In Court As Accused Persons Deny Allegations Against Him. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PSC Union Deny Allegations Of Corruption In Police Recruitment Process by Omooba77: 11:00am On Jun 16
The PSC union has rejected allegations of corruption in the police recruitment process, insisting the exercise followed due process.

The Joint Union of the Staff of the Police Service Commission has faulted the claim by the police high command that alleged irregularities and corruption were carried out in the police personnel recruitment exercise, describing the allegation as diversionary.

The Inspector General of Police (IG), Kayode Egbetokun, had rejected the list of successful candidates in the ongoing 2022/23 police constables’ recruitment conducted by the PSC due to these allegations.

However, in a swift reaction to the allegations by the NPF, the PSC staff Joint Union insisted that the recruitment process followed due process, stressing that the exercise aligned with the result of the CBT of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).

The union insisted that the IG’s claim that the recruitment exercise was marred with irregularities and alleged corruption was diversionary.

In a statement jointly issued on Saturday by Ogundeji Remi and Adoyi Adoyi, on behalf of the Joint Union Congress of the PSC, it stated that despite the unambiguity in the powers of the PSC as spelt out by the Constitution and the subsequent interpretation of such powers by the Supreme Court, the Nigeria Police Force would still not allow the commission exercise its constitutional powers to recruit persons into the police.

“The claim that the Recruitment Board was crippled and was not allowed to function, was no doubt a fallacy as the Board severally met before the release of the list of successful candidates. The same Board met and endorsed the list that was released on June 4, 2024, at their usual meeting point, PSC Corporate Headquarters, with the DIG, Training, Mr. Frank Mba, and other police representatives in attendance.

“Meanwhile, it is also worthy of note that the Police had shortlisted and concluded the exercise without the knowledge of the Board and PSC. They had the effrontery to submit the list to the Commission. They wanted a meeting of the Board where they had planned to force the list on the Board but unfortunately, their plans collapsed. For example, this takes us back to 2019 when the then IGP hijacked the list of candidates for the smooth ongoing recruitment exercise from the Commission in the guise of having the list to prepare the training colleges for training purposes and ended up smuggling hundreds of names of persons who neither applied nor participated in the screening process.

“A case in study is Nasarawa State with 13 Local Government Areas that are supposed to have had 253 successful candidates but ended up having 528 after the NPF had sneaked 275 candidates in excess. That culminated in the Commission instituting a legal action against the NPF over our mandate,” the statement explained.

According to the statement, the PSC demanded a forensic audit of the JAMB CBT’s results and compared it with the list released by the commission.

The union insisted that the list of successful candidates as released by the commission is open to anybody or organisation for forensic examination to establish its authenticity.

The union said the commission would not at any time involve itself in any untoward activities in the process of recruiting qualified Nigerians into the Nigeria Police Force.

It said the police and any other interested bodies are very free to investigate any act of financial dealings and corrupt practices as alleged by the Force Public Relations Officer.

The union also stated that based on “the democratic nature, sense of responsibility, inclusiveness and transparency of the PSC, it has always involved other relevant bodies, including the NPF, in the recruitment process.”

“However, we would not succumb to any form of blackmail and threat as demonstrated by the Inspector-General of Police in the Press Release with reference number CZ.5300/FPRD/FHQ/ABJ/VOL.6/178, dated June 15, 2024, by the Force Public Relations Officer (FPRO), signed on behalf of the Inspector General of Police,” the statement added.
https://www.arise.tv/psc-union-say-allegations-of-corruption-in-police-recruitment-process-diversionary/

3 Likes

Re: PSC Union Deny Allegations Of Corruption In Police Recruitment Process by PresidObi: 11:01am On Jun 16
Corruption has killed Nigeria.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PSC Union Deny Allegations Of Corruption In Police Recruitment Process by helinues: 11:02am On Jun 16
Hahaha. Obvious and glaring things

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: PSC Union Deny Allegations Of Corruption In Police Recruitment Process by Blakjewelry(m): 11:07am On Jun 16
If police fit cry of corruption hmm, it is finished.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PSC Union Deny Allegations Of Corruption In Police Recruitment Process by SwissMass: 11:10am On Jun 16
Nigeria problem is foundational

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PSC Union Deny Allegations Of Corruption In Police Recruitment Process by Exousiang01(m): 11:10am On Jun 16
I dont believe the PSC on this, this is not the first time we are having these issues.

I think the NPF should be allowed to recruit their own men, may be we woud have a change in the system.

The PSC recruit these untrainable officers and the NPF has no choice but to work these folks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PSC Union Deny Allegations Of Corruption In Police Recruitment Process by Exousiang01(m): 11:11am On Jun 16
Blakjewelry:
If police fit cry of corruption hmm, it is finished.

There is a difference between the NPF and PSC find knowledge before commenting
Re: PSC Union Deny Allegations Of Corruption In Police Recruitment Process by Exousiang01(m): 11:20am On Jun 16
helinues:

Comrade i sincerely don't believe this statement from the PSC, the recruitment process into the NPF has never been transparent, we all know how peoples names are added and removed from these lists. Someone who never sat for the test gets invite to training camp, someone who couldn't pass the physical and mental and medical examination makes the list. This isnt news, lets call a spade a spade and not a big spoon
The PSC has to recruit the best men for the job else we are going to continue having issues with the Police.....

Nigerians are going about insulting the army today because the police couldnt do their jobs and we have to call the army out of the barracks into the streets to do the jobs of the police.
The Average Nigerian insults the army over herdsmen and banditry which is not even the job of the army to handle in the first place.

The same way the police is unable to handle the madness in the SE now, the army may again be called in.

We shouldn't continue to get our military over stretched just because the PSC continues to recruit untrainable and incompent officers into the NPF

3 Likes

Re: PSC Union Deny Allegations Of Corruption In Police Recruitment Process by Blakjewelry(m): 12:59pm On Jun 16
Exousiang01:

There is a difference between the NPF and PSC find knowledge before commenting
It's like your brain dey pain you. This thread is about the PSC response to the allegations of the igps' complain about the recent recruitment exercise that the process was corrupted. Now tell me, is the igp not NPF or you don take small colos this morning?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PSC Union Deny Allegations Of Corruption In Police Recruitment Process by Exousiang01(m): 1:05pm On Jun 16
Blakjewelry:

It's like your brain dey pain you. This thread is about the PSC response to the allegations of the igps' complain about the recent recruitment exercise that the process was corrupted. Now tell me, is the igp not NPF or you don take small colos this morning?
Ohhh sorry. Didn't realize I was opening the cage.
I didnt intend to let the dog out.
You can go back into your cage now, no need to bark any louder.
Apologies.....

I am sure 100% you are obidient, this is how you all behave
Re: PSC Union Deny Allegations Of Corruption In Police Recruitment Process by Blakjewelry(m): 1:10pm On Jun 16
Exousiang01:

Ohhh sorry. Didn't realize I was opening the cage.
I didnt intend to let the dog out.
You can go back into your cage now, no need to bark any louder.
Apologies.....

I am sure 100% you are obidient, this is how you all behave
If I am obidient then you most be an agbado urchin Abi how una dey call una selves because you readily jumping into defensive mode without comprehending the full meaning of what I wrote and accusing me of doing exactly what you are doing and that pissess me off.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: PSC Union Deny Allegations Of Corruption In Police Recruitment Process by Exousiang01(m): 1:19pm On Jun 16
Blakjewelry:

If I am obidient then you most be an agbado urchin Abi how una dey call una selves because you readily jumping into defensive mode without comprehending the full meaning of what I wrote and accusing me of doing exactly what you are doing and that pissess me off.

LoL.
Just go back into your cage, I dont play with mad dogs.
Sorry I opened your cage.....
Re: PSC Union Deny Allegations Of Corruption In Police Recruitment Process by Blakjewelry(m): 1:25pm On Jun 16
Exousiang01:

LoL.
Just go back into your cage, I dont play with mad dogs.
Sorry I opened your cage.....

I agree I am mad dog, a bull dog. You ekuke, you no even get cage, oya run go chop shit. The only time you see yourself in a cage na when you go see yourself for pot.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PSC Union Deny Allegations Of Corruption In Police Recruitment Process by Exousiang01(m): 1:28pm On Jun 16
Blakjewelry:

I agree I am mad dog, a bull dog. You ekuke, you no even get cage, oya run go chop shit. The only time you see yourself in a cage na when you go see yourself for pot.
Re: PSC Union Deny Allegations Of Corruption In Police Recruitment Process by Beautifulday: 1:30pm On Jun 16
Exousiang01:
I dont believe the PSC on this, this is not the first time we are having these issues.

I think the NPF should be allowed to recruit their own men, may be we woud have a change in the system.

The PSC recruit these untrainable officers and the NPF has no choice but to work these folks.

PSC is right. Former police recruitment by police has always been riddled with corruption and inefficiency.

No company employees well trained employees at the lowest cadre. Employees are trained in the job. What employer look for is basic qualifications
Re: PSC Union Deny Allegations Of Corruption In Police Recruitment Process by Beautifulday: 1:31pm On Jun 16
Exousiang01:

Comrade i sincerely don't believe this statement from the PSC, the recruitment process into the NPF has never been transparent, we all know how peoples names are added and removed from these lists. Someone who never sat for the test gets invite to training camp, someone who couldn't pass the physical and mental and medical examination makes the list. This isnt news, lets call a spade a spade and not a big spoon
The PSC has to recruit the best men for the job else we are going to continue having issues with the Police.....

Nigerians are going about insulting the army today because the police couldnt do their jobs and we have to call the army out of the barracks into the streets to do the jobs of the police.
The Average Nigerian insults the army over herdsmen and banditry which is not even the job of the army to handle in the first place.

The same way the police is unable to handle the madness in the SE now, the army may again be called in.

We shouldn't continue to get our military over stretched just because the PSC continues to recruit untrainable and incompent officers into the NPF

Who has been doing the recruitment before now?
Re: PSC Union Deny Allegations Of Corruption In Police Recruitment Process by Exousiang01(m): 1:34pm On Jun 16
Beautifulday:

PSC is right. Former police recruitment by police has always been riddled with corruption and inefficiency.

No company employees well trained employees at the lowest cadre. Employees are trained in the job. What employer look for is basic qualifications

We are talking about "trainable" recruits.
No company wants an untrainable employee.
The recruits do not have the basic qualifications, thats what the NPF is saying.
"Give us people we can train" not untrainable people
Re: PSC Union Deny Allegations Of Corruption In Police Recruitment Process by Beautifulday: 1:37pm On Jun 16
Exousiang01:

We are talking about "trainable" recruits.
No company wants an untrainable employee.
The recruits do not have the basic qualifications, thats what the NPF is saying.
"Give us people we can train" not untrainable people

There is no unemployed trained recruit. Only employed recruits are trained.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PSC Union Deny Allegations Of Corruption In Police Recruitment Process by Exousiang01(m): 1:39pm On Jun 16
Beautifulday:

There is no unemployed trained recruit. Only employed recruits are trained.
Go back and read my comment again.
Re: PSC Union Deny Allegations Of Corruption In Police Recruitment Process by Beautifulday: 1:42pm On Jun 16
Exousiang01:

Go back and read my comment again.

Oh I get it now. If police has been employing trainable recruits, our police force wouldn't be a bribe collection agency that it is now. Abi nah recruites that can easily adjust to collecting bribes?

They should open the door to graduates and flush out all those miscreants and criminals in police uniform.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PSC Union Deny Allegations Of Corruption In Police Recruitment Process by Exousiang01(m): 1:57pm On Jun 16
Beautifulday:

Oh I get it now. If police has been employing trainable recruits, our police force wouldn't be a bribe collection agency that it is now. Abi nah recruites that can easily adjust to collecting bribes?

They should open the door to graduates and flush out all those miscreants and criminals in police uniform.

Yes.

We have officers in the system who have remained the for the last 10 years, no new knowledge yet they get promoted. I am aware that the force conducts training programs for them from time to time but these people are just too stiff to new anything new.
A police officer doesnt even have the least courtesy, they just go about shouting. A public officer with zero manners, many of them are a little less than touts.

We need people we can train, people that can adapt to changes in the society, understand the trend.
Stop on the road to ask a police officer for help and boom he want a bribe.

The LASTMA officers are even more organised and well behaved than the police, even the NSCDC seem to have better educated and better trained staff....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PSC Union Deny Allegations Of Corruption In Police Recruitment Process by Beautifulday: 2:04pm On Jun 16
Exousiang01:

Yes.

We have officers in the system who have remained the for the last 10 years, no new knowledge yet they get promoted. I am aware that the force conducts training programs for them from time to time but these people are just too stiff to new anything new.
A police officer doesnt even have the least courtesy, they just go about shouting. A public officer with zero manners, many of them are a little less than touts.

We need people we can train, people that can adapt to changes in the society, understand the trend.
Stop on the road to ask a police officer for help and boom he want a bribe.

The LASTMA officers are even more organised and well behaved than the police, even the NSCDC seem to have better educated and better trained staff....

Point on. We have a lot of unemployed graduates but the current police force is discouraging and can not attract intelligent graduates.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PSC Union Deny Allegations Of Corruption In Police Recruitment Process by AcadaWriter: 2:12pm On Jun 16
Re: PSC Union Deny Allegations Of Corruption In Police Recruitment Process by Melagros(m): 2:21pm On Jun 16
COMRADES are speechless
Re: PSC Union Deny Allegations Of Corruption In Police Recruitment Process by Omooba77: 10:15pm On Jun 16
Police is your friend is a big fallacy.....
Re: PSC Union Deny Allegations Of Corruption In Police Recruitment Process by eliwa47(m): 6:15am On Jun 17
Hmmmm? You sure say man no man no dey? grin
Re: PSC Union Deny Allegations Of Corruption In Police Recruitment Process by Lavor234: 6:17am On Jun 17
PSC has been doing a great job, hope it doesn't get destroyed under the man
I also hope that issues concerning police welfare will be domiciled under the Commission

1 Like

Re: PSC Union Deny Allegations Of Corruption In Police Recruitment Process by tunwumi: 6:18am On Jun 17
I don't think this cross fire should continue, either civil society or NASS should set up a fact finding committee and check claim of both parties.

They should start from registration, move to shortlisting, screening, CBT , interview, shortlisting and approved final list and see if there are smuggled names so they can be fished out while genuine name is allowed to stay.

1 Like

Re: PSC Union Deny Allegations Of Corruption In Police Recruitment Process by AviatorMoney(m): 6:19am On Jun 17
I personally expected them to deny of course. Radarada
Re: PSC Union Deny Allegations Of Corruption In Police Recruitment Process by TenderManiac: 6:20am On Jun 17
If dem no deny, wetin dem gain?
Re: PSC Union Deny Allegations Of Corruption In Police Recruitment Process by zeyt: 6:22am On Jun 17
Napotism and favouritism are pervasive and impede our progress. Merit are sidelined which in turn give way to inefficiency and incompetence.
Re: PSC Union Deny Allegations Of Corruption In Police Recruitment Process by bigdammyj: 6:23am On Jun 17
Noted.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Us Government To Partner With Lagos / ECOWAS To Deploy Troops To Guinea Bissau / The Full RAW UNCUT Leaked Video Footage Of Woolwich Attacker.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.