Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? (9276 Views)

Photo:- Fayose Weeps, Calls Jonathan 'that silly President'? / Photo:- Fayose Weeps, Calls Jonathan ‘that silly President’? / Jonathan Is Behind That silly Letter ––iyaboobasanjo Blasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by KnowAll(m): 11:05am On Nov 28, 2011
What is wrong with this Ilorin people, they behave like a defeated people despite the fact that the incursion into their land that made them Muslims in the 1830’s was the same continual one albeit subtle incursion into the SW that made several people Muslims in Lagos, Ogun, Oshun, Oyo and Ondo State.

Why do the other Yoruba’s despite being Muslim or Christians still put on traditional Yoruba caps when they dress in native attires? The Kwara people despite being Yoruba just want to belong, their attitude to me appear as someone trying effortlessly to woo the North and each time they try hard, the Northerners spurns such overtures with disdain. Is it not high time they smell the coffee and retrace their steps embracing and celebrating their Yorubaness instead of being an attaché to a Group who does not reckon and want them.

During the last PDP insistence that the Presidential Candidate for the Party should come from the North, Kwara’s Saraki was openly spurned and referred to as a Yoruba man yet the silly guy and the even more sillier new Governor goes around wearing one stupiiiid Hausa cap trying to belong. What is wrong with this people?  undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by taofika: 1:38pm On Nov 28, 2011
Reading more about Ilorin will let you understand. We do not ape the Hausa. Ilorin is a culturally complex town and your simplistic understanding is no surprise
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by KnowAll(m): 2:03pm On Nov 28, 2011
Reading more about Ilorin will let you understand. We do not ape the Hausa. Ilorin is a culturally complex town and your simplistic understanding is no surprise

Don’t be silly an A-CN Governor would not follow this colo-mentality and slave mentality exhibited by the PDP Governors. I remember Governor Adebayo in 1983 always in Yoruba cap. I beg say another one, na by force, they don’t want to associate with you people but you people keep on attaching yourselves TO THEM. Wetin dey do una sef, you are Yoruba first and formost? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by Abagworo(m): 3:34pm On Nov 28, 2011
It is only on Nairaland that I'm learning for the first time that Yorubas are restricted to only one type of cap. Wonders shall never cease happening.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by KnowAll(m): 3:46pm On Nov 28, 2011
It is only on Nairaland that I'm learning for the first time that Yorubas are restricted to only one type of cap. Wonders shall never cease happening.

That is not the issue at least some Igbo people wear Hausa caps, Niger delta caps and Moroccan fez caps which is also common in the NE part of Nigeria. But the Kwaran Yoruba for some silly strange reason would wear an Hausa Cap, in the morning, afternoon and Night. During 8 years of Bukola Sariki did you ever see him in a Yoruba cap, is he not Yoruba(forgotten that his dad says they came from Mali) and secondly where did Bukola got the name Abubakar from, people who knew him in Lagos and who he grew up with him knows him as simply Bukola Saraki why the sudden adaptation of Abubakar because he entered Politics.

Same thing his Sister that one sef removed a new name from her magic cap Gbemi Rukkayah Saraki all who knew her knew her simply as Gbemi Saraki why copy copy now.
  undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by KnowAll(m): 3:55pm On Nov 28, 2011
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5681465-146/story.csp

A Yoruba Chieftain in Kwara. This is how they should wear their caps.
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 28, 2011
Abeg jare
Most of them are muslims. They see such clothing as islamic wears.
Politics,you do anything that enhances your chances,shey? Muslim names are not hausa names.
Bukola was spurned?see above
clothing does not matter. What's in your mind does
Agbada~what they wear
Fila=(na by force to wear abeti aja)
'That useless gomina ahmed with his equally useless fashion sense' wink
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by AndreUweh(m): 4:52pm On Nov 28, 2011
Do not cry for the Illorin or Kwara people. Not all in Ilorin are Yoruba. They have Nupes, Fulani's, Hausas, Okuns and Yorubas etc. But above all, their is a peaceful co-existence of this groups in Ilorin.
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by Olowojegure: 5:04pm On Nov 28, 2011
I sorry for naija future o! With this chicken brain, narrow minded and myopic tread. How does that disturb your head? Fad and politic - where is the connection ?!?!
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by KnowAll(m): 5:04pm On Nov 28, 2011
Politics,you do anything that enhances your chances,shey? Muslim names are not hausa names.

All the Governors in Kwara State are running amongst their own people who happen to be 85% Yoruba’s, no need to dey camouflage into Hausa cap. They are not running for Presidency.
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by AndreUweh(m): 5:09pm On Nov 28, 2011
Olowojègúrè:

I sorry for naija future o! With this chicken brain, narrow minded and myopic tread. How does that disturb your head? Fad and politic - where is the connection ?!?!
WORD.
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by KnowAll(m): 5:12pm On Nov 28, 2011
I sorry for naija future o! With this chicken brain, narrow minded and myopic tread. How does that disturb your head? Fad and politic - where is the connection

The fact of the matter is Kwaran Yoruba should start to align themselves with the Yoruba’s in the SW, because the Northerners would never choose them for any serious political post AHEAD of  a proper core Northerner. And when it comes to choosing someone from the middle-belt for a serious post,  the other middle-belters would  rally round a person from the  Beroms, Tiv or Igala tribe rather than a Yoruba from Ilorin.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by KnowAll(m): 5:20pm On Nov 28, 2011
What is happening in Kogi State is a pointer as to how Yorubas would be treated in the middlebelt and the North as a whole. All Governors nominated for all the major parties in Kogi are Igalas, the front runners in the current race taken place in December are all Igalas.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by ngozianu(m): 5:22pm On Nov 28, 2011
Kwarans are Hausas and fulanis wether you like it or not, Abubakar Olusola Saraki,Ahmed Abdulfatah,Abubakar Bukola Saraki

Don't you see their names
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by CHouse: 5:24pm On Nov 28, 2011
Shud44:

Abeg jare
Most of them are muslims. They see such clothing as islamic wears.
Bukola was spurned?see above
clothing does not matter. What's in your mind does
Agbada~what they wear
Fila=(na by force to wear abeti aja)
'That useless gomina ahmed with his equally useless fashion sense' wink

But there are muslims in other yoruba states but they still identify with the sense of cultural expression by the way they dresses.
People of ilorin are fast forgetting where they came from, sulu gambari is doing a great job brainwashing the core ilorin pple on the pretence of "hey we all muslims its a brotherhood" while the victims are busy erroding their own traditions. Thank God i am from kwara south
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by Olowojegure: 5:25pm On Nov 28, 2011
KnowAll - Go and take some cold chocolate or ice cream to cool your brain. Stop promoting ethnic division in Nigeria. I can smell some religious bigotry from your write up and am beginning to perceive you as one of those desperate christain propaganlist.
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by CHouse: 5:29pm On Nov 28, 2011
ngozianu:

Kwarans are Hausas and fulanis wether you like it or not, Abubakar Olusola Saraki,Ahmed Abdulfatah,Abubakar Bukola Saraki

Don't you see their names

Hahaha you wrong bro.
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by AndreUweh(m): 5:32pm On Nov 28, 2011
Olowojègúrè:

KnowAll - Go and take some cold chocolate or ice cream to cool your brain. Stop promoting ethnic division in Nigeria. I can smell some religious bigotry from your write up and am beginning to perceive you as one of those desperate christain propaganlist.
Well done.
There is no need for division in Kwara state. Let no man not try to promote hatred and division in a peaceful, multi cultural, multi ethnic and multi religious state.
Am happy, Kwarans here have spoken.
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by olawalebabs(m): 5:34pm On Nov 28, 2011
Funny thread. What is bad in Ahmed using tajia, how does that affect his performance. Carry go jo
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by Mesico2(m): 5:35pm On Nov 28, 2011
@Op you are such a fool. Does bearing Abubakar & Rukayat means they follow hausa? or when does those kind of names belong to hausa? it's a pity you don't know and you are not ready to know. Those names you mention are simply islamic names and not hausas as your dumb skull deceive you.silly thread,
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by KnowAll(m): 7:25pm On Nov 28, 2011
I don't care what names they bear, but they should dress accordingly. There are muslims in China, Malaysia and Indonosia these people are chinese first, Malay first and Indonisia fist b4 their religion comes into it. These stuuuupiiid Kwarans should realise they are Yoruba first. In fact a city like Ibadan and even Isale Eko has more Muslims than christains and these people still recognise themselves as " Yoruba". All these nincompoop ruling Kwara State should wake up and smell the coffee. cool

1 Like

Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by olawalebabs(m): 7:52pm On Nov 28, 2011
It seems you are out of your senses, how can you say "stupid kwarans". That is stupid of you. Moreover, what your business in how they dress. Why don't you attack other southern governors that don't dress like yoruba or igbo. Pls, grow up
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by KnowAll(m): 8:00pm On Nov 28, 2011
It seems you are out of your senses, how can you say "silly kwarans". That is silly of you. Moreover, what your business in how they dress. Why don't you attack other southern governors that don't dress like yoruba or igbo. Pls, grow up

Not necessary Kwarans becos the majority of them dress like other Yorubas, but their Governors have being seriously brain-washed. Show me a picture of Bukola Saraki dressing like a proper Yoruba man throughout his 8 years in power.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by Desola(f): 8:08pm On Nov 28, 2011
#The Yoruba gene is a total waste on the Kwarans. We got it wrong with them.

Don't call them Yorubas, they are 'Yorusas'.
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by AndreUweh(m): 8:10pm On Nov 28, 2011
It does not matter how they dress. What matters is the peaceful o-existence in Ilorin and Kwara. There is no need pushing them to  be Yorubas, there is no point pushing them to dress like Yorubas, there is no point pushing them to join Yorubaland. They do not want that rubbish but just to leave in peace with neighbours.
The photo below is a Kwaraman, this what he wants, so respect please.

Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by tpia5: 8:15pm On Nov 28, 2011
who cares plz.

my dad isnt a kwaran and he wore all types of caps including the hausa one.

i'm more interested in discussing that drumming thing beaf mentioned earlier.

ki oloun ma so wa.
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by olawalebabs(m): 8:22pm On Nov 28, 2011
When i see desola comment, am not surprsise at all. The governor may not wear the yoruba cap. But the yorubaness in them is never deny. I can tell you authoritately that yoruba is the lingua franca in kwara. Period

1 Like

Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by olawalebabs(m): 8:23pm On Nov 28, 2011
When i see desola comment, am not surprsise at all. The governor may not wear the yoruba cap. But the yorubaness in them is never deny. I can tell you authoritately that yoruba is the lingua franca in kwara. Period
Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by KnowAll(m): 8:23pm On Nov 28, 2011
The thing is the Kwara Governors should reflect the mix in the state and in their societies not wearing only Hausa cap all the time as if it is an executive fiat they must. If a British Prime Minister start wearing Agbada na no go think say the man don't dey craze. But this Kwara Governors are Yoruba men for crying out loud, even Bukola Saraki cannot speak Hausa, so why all this copy-copy now,  the thing no make sense at all.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by Desola(f): 8:36pm On Nov 28, 2011
Oluwasomething,

why picking on my post when the Okoro boy above you unabashedly called you Hausas. Abi didn't he say you lot are not Yorubas. Don't you have a reply for him.

You people are aja to ti so nu. Ee gbo fere olode. Lost souls! Aboki slaves.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by IG: 8:40pm On Nov 28, 2011
@KnowAll, as a Northerner, let me tell you that Northerners have never rejected Illorin people. Illorin has been culturally part of the North for hundreds of years while still remaining Yoruba. The cap you are talking about is not a Hausa cap. It's a cap worn across the North. In fact the best makers of that cap are found in Borno and not in Hausaland.

Another thing you may find difficult to comprehend is that for Muslims, faith brotherhood comes before ethnic brotherhood. Being too ethnocentric is frowned at in Islam. It is considered a sign of ignorance. Logically it is wrong to hate somebody for his ethnicity because he didn't chose which ethnic group to be born into.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Kwara Governors Wear That Silly Hausa Cap? by Desola(f): 8:42pm On Nov 28, 2011
IG:

@KnowAll, as a Northerner, let me tell you that Northerners have never rejected Illorin people. Illorin has been culturally part of the North for hundreds of years while still remaining Yoruba. The cap you are talking about is not a Hausa cap. It's a cap worn across the North. In fact the best makers of that cap are found in Borno and not in Hausaland.

Another thing you may find difficult to comprehend is that for Muslims, faith brotherhood comes before ethnic brotherhood. Being too ethnocentric is frowned at in Islam. It is considered a sign of ignorance. Logically it is wrong to hate somebody for his ethnicity because he didn't chose which ethnic group to be born into.

Unadulterated OPATA!!!

See what these kwarans have caused now. Aboki sef dey put mouth calling them aboki.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Confess Your Sins, Senior Advocates Tell Corrupt Nigerian Judges, Lawyers / Power Outage Stops Delta Governorship Election Tribunal From Delivering Judgment / Judiciary Tops ICPC Corruption Index With N9.4bn Bribes In Two Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.