Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,323 members, 7,888,022 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:42 PM

$6.2M CBN Loot, So Godwin Emiefele Was Innocent Afterall? What A Shame? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $6.2M CBN Loot, So Godwin Emiefele Was Innocent Afterall? What A Shame? (2333 Views)

‘stolen’ $6.2m: What Emefiele Told Us In Kuje Prison – Investigators / Emefiele Impersonated SGF To Illegally Obtain $6.2m – EFCC / Man Murdered By IPOB Was Innocent And Not Ebubeagu Commander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $6.2M CBN Loot, So Godwin Emiefele Was Innocent Afterall? What A Shame? by BigkokoRep: 8:19am On Jun 21
Sewer r*t go and give egbon Olukayade the evidence you gat about Emefiele involvements....they have done their bit, or are you insinuating that egbon Olukayade is an edi*t for not getting or cooking up some evidence?

For a CBN gov with direct access to the president and cabals, he can not stoop low to run heists with low cadree staff including a maiguard! But I know you guys want to indict him at all cost.... but for your information, courts deal in evidences to prove accusations not what a jobless online troll thinks!

aguluobi:
This thread shows many obidient ipob are sick in the head because I'd not how can nay one explain Emefiele innocence with certain criminals in the CBN he head cashing out $2 million plus in cash with flasify paperwork right under his nose ?

So no important security check is carried out by the entire line of bureaucracy to authenticate order from the federal government before releasing such amount even in cash not just transfer.

So I can also falsify papers to cash out $2 million dollars from the CBN and it will be aid to me in cash ?!

Re: $6.2M CBN Loot, So Godwin Emiefele Was Innocent Afterall? What A Shame? by arantess: 8:44am On Jun 21
helinues:

Too late.

Na who dey beg on this forum if not them.
Mr egg is for the rich

grin grin

5 Likes

Re: $6.2M CBN Loot, So Godwin Emiefele Was Innocent Afterall? What A Shame? by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 9:02am On Jun 21
We had criminals parambulating around the highest echelons of power for eight good years without anyone batting an eyelid while making constant killings running into billions of naira. This government isn't serious with it's anti corruption fight, I can't be running a country facing severe cash crunch while thieves who looted the treasury are roaming about. One or two arrests and 2024/25 budget is settled I kid you not. It's time to think about Nigeria and not party loyalty cool

2 Likes

Re: $6.2M CBN Loot, So Godwin Emiefele Was Innocent Afterall? What A Shame? by BalticGold: 9:05am On Jun 21
Weak institutions, weak leaders.

1 Like

Re: $6.2M CBN Loot, So Godwin Emiefele Was Innocent Afterall? What A Shame? by BigkokoRep: 9:42am On Jun 21
Let me shock you with hard facts.... If Binance were to release KYC data base of its customers, you'd be shocked to learn that people like Asiwaju & others are the top users of Binance platform.... Tiefs do not have the moral authority to probe tiefs! It's that simple!

MASTAkiLLAh:
We had criminals parambulating around the highest echelons of power for eight good years without anyone batting an eyelid while making constant killings running into billions of naira. This government isn't serious with it's anti corruption fight, I can't be running a country facing severe cash crunch while thieves who looted the treasury are roaming about. One or two arrests and 2024/25 budget is settled I kid you not. It's time to think about Nigeria and not party loyalty cool
Re: $6.2M CBN Loot, So Godwin Emiefele Was Innocent Afterall? What A Shame? by BigkokoRep: 9:44am On Jun 21
Abobi....you Wike ohhh. Which one come be Mr Eggs? So this old guy true true steal eggs? Tell me, na hunger, abi he wan use open poultry? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

arantess:

Mr egg is for the rich

grin grin
Re: $6.2M CBN Loot, So Godwin Emiefele Was Innocent Afterall? What A Shame? by bizbro: 11:57am On Jun 21
Justiceganduje:
Wanna waste today too?

The fool has wasted 13 months of his life defending apshit with nothing to show for it. Mannabbqgrillz don leave the whole work for him.

3 Likes

Re: $6.2M CBN Loot, So Godwin Emiefele Was Innocent Afterall? What A Shame? by blacknp(m): 12:40pm On Jun 21
BigkokoRep:
Hahahaha... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin... look them closely, you will see that they are the ones impersonating abokis to scam people. I recently busted blacknp. no worry I go get your time very soon! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Poor Thing you no go shut up, on top supposed imaginary free gift card wey person no fit redeem, na em Rwandan Fraudster like yourself still dey make noise, dey wail about?
Re: $6.2M CBN Loot, So Godwin Emiefele Was Innocent Afterall? What A Shame? by Diego35M: 12:52pm On Jun 21
BigkokoRep:
When the news first broke out, that former CBN gov orchestrated a heist using fake documents from presidency...i laughed! Is it the presidency that Emefiele has direct contact with or another presidency of the Ronu's dream? before you can spell Jack Robinson, the legendary cowards were all over the airwaves saying how Emefiele looted the CBN. Jim was hurriedly commissioned to find or create evidences where there is none that would nail the former governor. Jim however found none and communicated to the vindictive cl*wns. Soon after JIm was unceremonially decommissioned, and even accused of looting official vehicles.....what a vseless bunch of ediats.
I do not hold brief for Emeifele but I so much love his agricultural Intervention policies that favored a lot, like a lot of abokis and lots of Ronus and fewer persons from his Western Igbos, SS and SE. We all knew how Adamu and Bola got huge grants.

Now we it we all know and it's becoming clear that Asiwaju in a bid to get even with Emefiele whom he thought organized a policy that seems to favor transparent election and scaled down kidnapping, prior to 2023 elections, wants to get Emefiele by all means. carefully read the following investigations carried out by Asiwaju EFcc and Jim, you will quickly find out that No Where, I repeat, No where was Emefiele mentioned in any of these!

So I asked, are these Ronus that supports anything that comes from the stable of Asiwaju normal at all? I do not like Emefiele, just like I do not like any sycophant, but because I do not like Emefiele, reasons enough to assasinate his image, an image he built for more than 30 years....yes, while Asiwaju was running the streets of Chicago doing what US States & Justice Dept says he did, a pitiable front for dug dealers!

Read on please!

Documentation has exposed how the $6,230,000 in cash, allegedly taken from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on February 8, 2023, was divided.

A special presidential investigative team, headed by Jim Obaze, which examined the tenure of former CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele, claimed that the $6.2 million was taken from the central bank’s vault under the pretense of paying election observers.

In court documents obtained by The Nation, investigators described the theft as an insider job, allegedly orchestrated primarily by CBN officials in collusion with two outsiders, identified as Adamu Abubakar and Imam Abubakar.

According to the documents, investigators alleged that Odoh Eric Ocheme, a personal assistant to Emefiele during his tenure as CBN Governor, received $3,730,000 from the funds, while the remaining $2,500,000 was divided among three other individuals.

Ocheme allegedly claimed that he needed to settle other interests within the central bank, which is why he received the majority share.

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has charged Emefiele with complicity in the theft in a 20-count amended indictment filed at the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), charges to which he has pleaded not guilty.

However, during a hearing in the case, a Deputy Director and Head of the Service Delivery Division of the CBN, Michael Onyeka Ogbu, confirmed the cash withdrawal from the apex bank’s Abuja branch, where he was in charge.

Testifying in the case on February 12, Ogbu stated that he authorized the payment after being convinced that it was approved by the relevant authorities.

Ogbu recalled that on February 8, 2023, there was a payment request addressed to the Abuja Branch Controller, a position he held at the time.

He said: “On that day the request for the payment of $6,230,000 was received in my office by my Office Assistant, who brought it to my attention.

“When I received the document, I found that it is from Banking Services Department.

“The Director, Banking Services signed the memo, and the content of the memo contained an instruction for the Branch Controller to pay the sum of $6,230,000 to a staff of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation , with the identity and the name of the person mentioned.

“The memo said the payment was for international election observers and that we should debit an account – Naira Forex Account – with the naira equivalent of $6,230,000.

“The memo also said that the money will be refunded in the second quarter of 2023 by the Federal Ministry of Finance. It went on to say ‘find attached the approval of the governor of the CBN for the payment.’

“The attachment had the approval of the governor of the CBN. It also had the approval of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the request letter from the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.”

Ogbu stated that after reviewing the documents and finding them satisfactory, he forwarded them to the Head of Business Services Unit for processing and payment.

On whether the money was eventually released, Ogbu said: “Payment was eventually made. The $6,230,000 was paid on the 8th of February 2023. The payment was in cash.”

According to court documents, it was revealed that certain beneficiaries invested their portion of the loot, valued at around ₦1.4 billion, in real estate, of which a portion has been reclaimed.

An affidavit filed at the Federal High Court in Abuja by a Deputy Superintendent of Police provided details of the investigators’ findings and the progress made so far in connection with an extradition charge against Adamu Abubakar, Imam Abubakar, and Odoh Eric Ocheme.

Adamu Abubakar, Imam Abubakar, and Ocheme are reportedly at large and believed to have fled the country, prompting extradition proceedings against them before the Federal High Court in Abuja.

The Deputy Superintendent of Police said: “We commenced investigation into the case and obtained copies of the withdrawal slip as well as the accompanying documents, Central Bank of Nigeria memos, dated 07/02/2023 and 31/01/2023 respectively, staff identity card of one Jibril Abubakar, letter dated 2/01/2023 purportedly written by Muhammadu Buhari to Boss Mustapha and letter dated 20/01/2023 purportedly written by Boss Mustapha to Mr Godwin Emafiele, which the Central Bank of Nigeria, Abuja Branch relied on in making the payment.

“Investigation at the office of the President as well as the Secretary to the Government of the Federation in the Stale House revealed that the letters purportedly written by Muhammadu Buhari and for Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) Boss Mustapha did not emanate from the offices respectively, while Jibril Abubakar, whose identity card was used to cash the money in question is not a staff of the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.

“We watched the Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV) footages of the 08/02/2023 being the day the money in question was cashed, and the payee (Jibril Abubakar) could not be identified by the staff of either the CBN or that of the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, where he falsely represented himself to be working.

“A further study of the Closed-circuit Television (CCTV) footage revealed that a staff of the Abuja Branch of the Central Bank of Nigeria, identified as Abdulmajeed Muhammad received the impostor (Jibril Abubakar) at the gate of the bank when he arrived on the fateful date: 08/02/2023.

“Abdulmajeed Muhammad was consequently arrested and in his statement made on 15/12/2023, he admitted helping the impostor into the Abuja Branch of the Central Bank of Nigeria, but claimed that he did that innocently, the impostor having been referred to him by Bashirudeen Maishanu; a Senior Staff of the CBN.

“Abdulmajeed Muhammad further revealed that prior to 08/02/2023 when the impostor came to cash the money in question, he (Abdulmajeed Muhammad) had been invited by Bashirudeen Maishanu to explain the procedure of public officials making cash withdrawal from the CBN as those persons claimed to be officials from the office of the SGF and that the then president had approved certain fund for official assignment.

“We visited Kuje Correctional Centre, where we interviewed Godwin Emefiele, who purportedly approved the memos authorising the payment, as then CBN and he denied seeing, talk less of approving such memos.

“We also arrested some concerned staff of the Central Bank of Nigeria, who denied any involvement in the crime, before we finally arrested Bashirudeen Maishanu, who corroborated the account of Abdulmajeed Muhammad and further confessed to have been involved in the crime which, according to him was perpetrated by himself and the first to third defendants/respondents – Adamu Abubakar, Imam Abubakar and Odoh Eric Ocheme.

“Bashiru Maishanu further confessed that himself, the first and second defendants/respondents (Adamu Abubakar and Imam Abubakar) shared the sum of $2,500,000.00 from the stolen money, while the third defendant/respondent (Odoh Eric Ocheme), being a fellow staff of the Central Bank of Nigeria, kept the balance of $3,730,000.00 claiming that he had other interests to settle in the CBN.

“Bashirudeen Maishanu further confessed that both himself, and the first and second defendants/respondents jointly invested the United States dollars equivalent of the sum of ₦1, 440,000,000.00 into real estate business of Afrolyk Global Ltd.

“The Managing Director of the said Afrolyk Ltd, Aminu Lawal has been arrested and he confirmed the investment by Bashirudeen Maishanu, Adamu Abubakar and Imam Abubakar, and already refunded the sum of $200 000 00 to the Special Investigator’s team as part of the money he (Aminu Lawal) received as part of the purported investment.

“Cash of about $400,000 00 has also been voluntarily returned by Bashiru Maishanu from part of his remaining share of the money in question.

“The money (the $6,230,000) was received in cash from the Central Bank at Nigeria and also shared in the same cash by the defendants/respondents and others, making it difficult to trace the monies without arresting the defendants/respondents.

“It was later revealed that the third defendant – Odoh Eric Ocheme – was the Personal Assistant to Godwin Emefiele as the CBN governor while the first and second defendants (Adamu Abubakar and Imam Abubakar) are businessmen and associates of Bashirudeen Maishanu.”
I'm not saying this because I'm Igbo or from any particular region, but I think Nigeria is to huge (and diverse) for one government, let's embrace regional government and I think this country would become 'better than this'

1 Like

Re: $6.2M CBN Loot, So Godwin Emiefele Was Innocent Afterall? What A Shame? by Bigkoko: 2:49pm On Jun 21
Omo...hunger no be person mate naa... I hear say the old ngga don dey run unto egg things grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

bizbro:

The fool has wasted 13 months of his life defending apshit with nothing to show for it. Mannabbqgrillz don leave the whole work for him.

1 Like

Re: $6.2M CBN Loot, So Godwin Emiefele Was Innocent Afterall? What A Shame? by BigkokoRep: 3:00pm On Jun 21
Hahahah....see this sewer rat ohhhh..... Attahiru Ibrahim wey never dey room wey Smart Tv dey before..... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin no pishure today. Tief, come take Free Gift Card wey your papa buy naa. Oloshi.
Gift card wey we block, immediately we find out you be one stinky, ritualistic Agbado impersonating an Aboki "Attahiru Ibrahim" grin grin grin grin grin grin

blacknp:
Poor Thing you no go shut up, on top supposed imaginary free gift card wey person no fit redeem, na em Rwandan Fraudster like yourself still dey make noise, dey wail about?

Re: $6.2M CBN Loot, So Godwin Emiefele Was Innocent Afterall? What A Shame? by BigkokoRep: 3:02pm On Jun 21
The closest best alternative is back to regions!

Diego35M:
I'm not saying this because I'm Igbo or from any particular region, but I think Nigeria is to huge (and diverse) for one government, let's embrace regional government and I think this country would become 'better than this'
Re: $6.2M CBN Loot, So Godwin Emiefele Was Innocent Afterall? What A Shame? by Adegbem02: 3:19pm On Jun 21
What many of us fail to do is conduct our own investigations, get to know the allegations and the alleged individuals, and understand what was done, how it was done, and the underlying reasons. The way allegations are often presented by the media, especially in Nigerian politics, can be influenced by the mischief of a few individuals.

I don't know the whole case, but from what I do know, it appears that the governor took actions to curb money laundering, election rigging, and other financial irregularities. I'm not suggesting that he didn't have selfish motives or that his methods were entirely appropriate.

However, one thing is abundantly clear: Tinubu and the APC did not want this policy to succeed due to their own selfish reasons, and they are now trying to punish him for it.
Re: $6.2M CBN Loot, So Godwin Emiefele Was Innocent Afterall? What A Shame? by BigkokoRep: 5:27pm On Jun 21
Even though I was not in Nigeria during the Cashless policy of Emefiele, I tell you that would have curbed the mindless inflation the economy currently faces. Go check every stable economy, at least, 60% of their day to day transactions are cashless.

A cashless economy discourages govt looting and money laundering. Asiwaju clearly do not want this, because he do not want a paper trail! grin grin grin grin grin

Adegbem02:
What many of us fail to do is conduct our own investigations, get to know the allegations and the alleged individuals, and understand what was done, how it was done, and the underlying reasons. The way allegations are often presented by the media, especially in Nigerian politics, can be influenced by the mischief of a few individuals.

I don't know the whole case, but from what I do know, it appears that the governor took actions to curb money laundering, election rigging, and other financial irregularities. I'm not suggesting that he didn't have selfish motives or that his methods were entirely appropriate.

However, one thing is abundantly clear: Tinubu and the APC did not want this policy to succeed due to their own selfish reasons, and they are now trying to punish him for it.

1 Like

Re: $6.2M CBN Loot, So Godwin Emiefele Was Innocent Afterall? What A Shame? by blacknp(m): 7:27pm On Jun 21
BigkokoRep:
Hahahah....see this sewer rat ohhhh..... Attahiru Ibrahim wey never dey room wey Smart Tv dey before..... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin no pishure today. Tief, come take Free Gift Card wey your papa buy naa. Oloshi.
Gift card wey we block, immediately we find out you be one stinky, ritualistic Agbado impersonating an Aboki "Attahiru Ibrahim" grin grin grin grin grin grin

Kigali Scammer, Paul Kegame sooner than later will come for you foreign criminals wanting to give his country a bad image, like una done already do for SA.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $6.2M CBN Loot, So Godwin Emiefele Was Innocent Afterall? What A Shame? by blacknp(m): 7:32pm On Jun 21
helinues:
Some people would't mind to defend devil all in the name of hating this government

What a shame defending indefensible things.. Chronic hatred no be good thing oo
You dey mind Bigkokorep, abi na Bigkoko that Kigali Scammer wey Just post that nonsense?

Election loss still dey pain am, Gringory Obi the Apga Judas will never be president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in his lifetime.

Make them they where them dey politicking dreaming, they hallucinate in their misconstrued imagination about Aso Rock.
Re: $6.2M CBN Loot, So Godwin Emiefele Was Innocent Afterall? What A Shame? by BigkokoRep: 8:59pm On Jun 21
Does the picture rig a bell?

Scammer with different monikers for igbos, hausas, Ijaw, fellow Yorubas and other tribes.

Only you different monikers and different emails.

Tief wey dey pose as Attahiru Ibrahim, an aboki!!! Come chop Free Gift Card wey your papa buy!

So you no get light to post pishures again? Or you don comot for the guest house you go watch Match yesterday.... Ole buruku!

Scammer impersonating Attahiru Ibrahim.... hahaha 🤣🤣🤣🤣.

Hungry sewer rat.....come collect Free Gift Card wey your papa buy!

Even if you cry blood, shishi you no go collect from Bigkoko!

I dey glad Asiwaju the professional election rigger don turn all of una into scammers finish.

No be Aso Rock, he do you like film.

blacknp:
Kigali Scammer, Paul Kegame sooner than later will come for you foreign criminals wanting to give his country a bad image, like una done already do for SA.

Re: $6.2M CBN Loot, So Godwin Emiefele Was Innocent Afterall? What A Shame? by blacknp(m): 9:07pm On Jun 21
BigkokoRep:
Does the picture rig a bell?

Scammer with different monikers for igbos, hausas, Ijaw, fellow Yorubas and other tribes.

Only you different monikers and different emails.

Tief wey dey pose as Attahiru Ibrahim, an aboki!!! Come chop Free Gift Card wey your papa buy!

So you no get light to post pishures again? Or you don comot for the guest house you go watch Match yesterday.... Ole buruku!

Scammer impersonating Attahiru Ibrahim.... hahaha 🤣🤣🤣🤣.

Hungry sewer rat.....come collect Free Gift Card wey your papa buy!

Even if you cry blood, shishi you no go collect from Bigkoko!

I dey glad Asiwaju the professional election rigger don turn all of una into scammers finish.

No be Aso Rock, he do you like film.

Kigali gift card scammer without any iota of integrity, you no get shame @ all.
Re: $6.2M CBN Loot, So Godwin Emiefele Was Innocent Afterall? What A Shame? by BigkokoRep: 2:49am On Jun 22
Squatter don't mistake me for your papa and Asiwaju ni..... Hope you charge your battery well? grin grin grin

Integrity k!!l you there.... Nairaland Scammer with different monikers and different emails impersonating northerners, igbos and other tribes on nairaland. grin grin grin grin

Come chop Free Gift Card wey go k!!l you. Oloshi buruku!

At least any day Attahiru Ibrahim or that email scam people for nairaland we Don know who to hold!

Small stinky sewer rat..... Next time you go look well, I reckon! No shishi for any Baterian!

blacknp:
Kigali gift card scammer without any iota of integrity, you no get shame @ all.
Re: $6.2M CBN Loot, So Godwin Emiefele Was Innocent Afterall? What A Shame? by Difrent: 4:22am On Jun 22
Parydelegate:
Omo dem run Emeifele streetz....see looting under his nose.

And you believe Emefiele isn't in the know?
You don't know how public officials steal money
Most times it's through proxies
Re: $6.2M CBN Loot, So Godwin Emiefele Was Innocent Afterall? What A Shame? by blacknp(m): 11:04am On Jun 22
BigkokoRep:
Squatter don't mistake me for your papa and Asiwaju ni..... Hope you charge your battery well? grin grin grin

Integrity k!!l you there.... Nairaland Scammer with different monikers and different emails impersonating northerners, igbos and other tribes on nairaland. grin grin grin grin

Come chop Free Gift Card wey go k!!l you. Oloshi buruku!

At least any day Attahiru Ibrahim or that email scam people for nairaland we Don know who to hold!

Small stinky sewer rat..... Next time you go look well, I reckon! No shishi for any Baterian!

The Kigali Gift Card Scammer, you done wake?

1 Like

Re: $6.2M CBN Loot, So Godwin Emiefele Was Innocent Afterall? What A Shame? by BigkokoRep: 12:25pm On Jun 22
Yes ohhh.... small tief!!!! Hahaha 🤣🤣🤣🤣.
Before you no want make I wake?

blacknp:
The Kigali Gift Card Scammer, you done wake?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Changing Phases Of A Man's Life - Ojukwu Odumegwu As A Case Study / Sen. Bola Tinubu’s Mother, Abibat Mogaji Is Dead / 7 Reasons Obasanjo Is Our Best President Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.