Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,946 members, 7,806,739 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement (22531 Views)

Did Governor Wike Really Make This Statement? If He Did, It's Time To Order / If Barack Obama Make This Statement, He Will Be Impeached The Next Day!! / Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by dayokanu(m): 12:13am On Dec 01, 2011
ezeagu:

I wouldn't know the difference.

Both men are men of valour who didnt run from the battle ground or from challenges to Abidjan cheesy
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by eherbal(m): 12:17am On Dec 01, 2011
That's it for the nite guys,to the trenches now,to battle tomorrow
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by ezeagu(m): 12:28am On Dec 01, 2011
dayokanu:

Both men are men of valour who didnt run from the battle ground or from challenges to Abidjan  cheesy

Wow, they must have been awesome individuals in 1850. Too bad most Nigerian youth will never know them.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by Dede1(m): 12:45am On Dec 01, 2011
Intrepid!:

Do not open your trap and talk poo about people you know nothing about, oga. If I come here today and say your dad is an adulterer because your landlord said so, would that make my argument valid?

When you posit a valid analogy and probably read wide about Nigerian military history, I may decide to engage you in banter such as Aguiyi's issue. By the way, Aguiyi could have stood-in as the proverbial landlord since he was the head of state and C-in-C. So TY Danjuma was an attached tenant in your adulterous analogy with respect to Nigerian armed forces of the era in discuss.

In case if you have forgotten, Johnson Thomas Umunnakwe Aguiyi Ironsi was army desk clerk as enlisted recruit. Soldiers such Ademulegun, Ogundipe, Effiong, D Bassey, Fajuiyi, Adebayo, Adefope, Njoku etc were enlisted men and served as desk clerks if they were lucky.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by austinooo(m): 1:22pm On Dec 01, 2011
I think the Admin of this forum suppose to screen out this controversial topic to prevent psychiatric patients like basrh08 from posting this kind of controversial topic. Meanwhile, those of you insulting your past sefless leaders like Obafemi Awolowo will not go unpunish
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by AndreUweh(m): 7:43pm On Dec 01, 2011
austinooo:

I think the Admin of this forum suppose to screen out this controversial topic to prevent psychiatric patients like basrh08 from posting this kind of controversial topic. Meanwhile, those of you insulting your past sefless leaders like Obafemi Awolowo will not go unpunish
How about those f00ls insulting Ojukwu?.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by ACM10: 10:13pm On Dec 02, 2011
First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Martin Niemöller (1892–1984)

I want Yoruba folks to ruminate on this statement
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by aflag: 10:31am On Jul 02, 2013
IMO, he made the statement because it was a freaking war!
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by beautyoftheLord: 7:36am On Oct 23, 2016
[quote author=realchange post=9659323]fake akwa ibomite, you need to digest this:

The late General (Effiong) was awarded Associate Member of the British Institute of Management (AMBIM). on completion of his ordnance training. He became the first Nigerian Commander of the Ordnance Depot in Yaba, Lagos in 1962, and the first Nigerian Director of Ordnance Services of the Nigerian Army in 1963. He was a Lieutenant Colonel when the country became very unstable after the first coup of January 15, 1966. Major General Aguiyi Ironsi emerged Head of State after the coup was foiled. Effiong was posted to Supreme Headquarters in Lagos as the first Principal Staff Officer. In July 1966 after the counter coup that toppled Ironsi, Effiong was posted to Kaduna as Acting Brigade Commander of the 1st Brigade, Nigerian Army. Several attempts were made on Effiong's life as the country became increasingly very unstable. He finally returned to Enugu on the directive that all military officers redeploy to their regions of origin.

With the end of the war in 1970, Efiong went into business. He was married with 8 children. The late General recounting his experiences during the war to the press in a June 1996 interview, said "I have no regrets whatsoever of my involvement in Biafra or the role I played. The war deprived me of my property, dignity, my name.Yet, I saved so many souls on both sides and by this, I mean Biafra and Nigeria. I’m denied everything; No gratuity no pension. Nothing. I felt that I played a role which has kept this country united till today. I never shot anybody, all I did was as a military personnel and officer, I trained soldiers who went to the bush to fight.

[/quote

Grandpa!!! He really did have no regrets.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Tribunal Sacks Sani Abubakar Danladi / Seized Pump Action Rifles: Nigerian Customs Meet With Turkish Ambassador(photos) / Alex Ekwueme's Burial Programme (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.