Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement (22532 Views)

Did Governor Wike Really Make This Statement? If He Did, It's Time To Order / If Barack Obama Make This Statement, He Will Be Impeached The Next Day!! / Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 29, 2011
ezeagu:

Can we be surprised at this statement? Japan was nuked to shorten the war that claimed millions a year. He didn't nuke Japan to "completely destroy" it. Please stick to childish insults instead of misquoting history.

yeah, that why they followed up hiroshima with nagasaki
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by emcaluv(m): 4:27pm On Nov 29, 2011
Some guys are just funny.
You should be weeping for Nigeria by now. The politicians are still stealing us dry. If Nigerian state can achieve 1/10th of what Biafra achieved in 30 months, then we would have been happy. Please let's stop this tribal sentiments and face realities.

I wonder which nation can survive super-powers influence.

See extract from Wikipedia,

[color=Black]Biafra, officially the Republic of Biafra, was a secessionist state in south-eastern Nigeria that existed from 30 May 1967 to 15 January 1970, taking its name from the Bight of Biafra (the Atlantic bay to its south).[2] The inhabitants were mostly the Igbo people who led the secession due to economic, ethnic, cultural and religious tensions among the various peoples of Nigeria. The creation of the new country was among the complex causes for the Nigerian Civil War, also known as the Nigerian-Biafran War.

Land of the Rising Sun was chosen for Biafra's national anthem, and the state was formally recognized by Gabon, Haiti, Ivory Coast, Tanzania and Zambia. Other nations which did not give official recognition but which did provide support and assistance to Biafra included Israel, France, Portugal, Rhodesia, South Africa and the Vatican City.[3] Biafra also received aid from non-state actors, including Joint Church Aid, Holy Ghost Fathers of Ireland, Caritas International, MarkPress and U.S. Catholic Relief Services.[3]

After two-and-a-half years of war, during which a million civilians had died in fighting and from famine, Biafran forces agreed to a ceasefire with the Nigerian Federal Military Government (FMG), and Biafra was reabsorbed into Nigeria.[4]

At the beginning of the war Biafra had 3,000 troops, but at the end of the war the troops totaled 30,000.[21] There was no official support for the Biafran army by another nation throughout the war, although arms were clandestinely acquired. Because of the lack of official support, the Biafrans manufactured many of their weapons locally. A number of Europeans served in the Biafran cause; German born Rolf Steiner was a Lt. Colonel assigned to the 4th Commando Brigade and Welshman Taffy Williams served as a Major until the very end of the conflict.[22]

The Biafrans managed to set up a small yet effective air force. The BAF commanders were Chude Sokey and later Godwin Ezeilo, who had trained with the Royal Canadian Air Force.[23] Early inventory included two B-25 Mitchells, one B-26 Invader (piloted by Polish pilot Jan Zumbach, known also as John Brown), a converted DC-3 and one Dove. In 1968 the Swedish pilot Carl Gustaf von Rosen suggested the MiniCOIN project to General Ojukwu. By the spring of 1969, Biafra had built five MFI-9Bs in Gabon, calling them "Biafra Babies". They were coloured green, were able to carry six 68 mm anti-armour rockets under each wing and had simple sights. The six airplanes were flown by three Swedish pilots and three Biafran pilots. In September 1969, Biafra acquired four ex-Armee de l'Air North American T-6Gs, which were flown successfully to Biafra the following month, with another aircraft lost on the ferry flight. These aircraft flew missions until January 1970, flown by Portuguese ex-military pilots.[23]
[/color]
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by ektbear: 4:30pm On Nov 29, 2011
oko biafra

lmao

Anyway, it is what it is. Adekunle, Sherman, the Americans who nuked Japan, etc, etc all the same thing, same concept.

Total war. In other words, ain't a video game
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by HyeBits: 4:31pm On Nov 29, 2011
No! No! No! War is like Yam Festival to some people.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 29, 2011
He had to make that statement cos he needed to talk force - the ultimate language of WAR
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by ektbear: 4:35pm On Nov 29, 2011
I'm even wondering.

So you'd have preferred what the US did to Japan to what Adekunle did to Biafra?

I'd much rather suffer at the hands of the Black Scorpion than 2 nuclear bombs, personally
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by Ifemyke: 4:41pm On Nov 29, 2011
Please lets be civil here. Does somebody like ileke-idi understand the meaning of Genocide? I wonder why yorubas hate ibos with passion. Why didnt you allow us to seccede? Did Ikemba declare war or seccession? Please free us.Tell me what we have gained by being with you these 51 years? This country can only know peace if and when they apologize to ibos
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by Akanbiedu(m): 4:43pm On Nov 29, 2011
Na wa o. Na real wa. Just wondering what set DK off like this [size=15pt] shocked[/size]
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by nku5: 4:44pm On Nov 29, 2011
@ Dayokanu - if he wrecked biafran troops then that wouldn't be an issue. The bone of contention is the statement that the OP quoted. I think you are avoiding the issue. We all know what war is about and that's win win win. I don't think you ever heard anybody picking issues with Shuwa and his command. Shuwa did 100 times more damage to the biafran army but he was an officer and a gentlemen though many igbos will take me up on it. The difference between him and adekunle is that the black scorpion was an eye service man pure and simple. Do you know who shot the nigerian soldier that killed nzeogwu after his capture - shuwa. Geneva convention aside when you declare in an INTERVIEW! That you don't want red cross etc. it shows that the man was trying to show off for the benefit of whom I may ask

1 Like

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 29, 2011
even in video games sef, u want to finish your oppoent though to quote fifty

Oh you a pro at playin battleship well this ain't the same
Lil homie this is a whole different type of war game
See the losers and up in shackles of motherfuckin chains
Or laid out in the streets leakin out they brains

i wonder why the ibo supermen are bitchin'

wetin'
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by dayokanu(m): 4:49pm On Nov 29, 2011
Ifemyke:

Please lets be civil here. Does somebody like ileke-idi understand the meaning of Genocide? I wonder why yorubas hate ibos with passion. Why didnt you allow us to seccede? Did Ikemba declare war or seccession? Please free us.Tell me what we have gained by being with you these 51 years? This country can only know peace if and when they apologize to ibos

You wonder why people hate Ibos?

I wonder what kind of emotions you would have for people who killed other regional leaders and spared theirs
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by austinooo(m): 4:50pm On Nov 29, 2011
Did you care to check the porous English you wrote which you ascribed to Benjami Adekunle. The man fought to make Nigeria one and I dont know why you people ae not sensible enough to realise that war is a climax of enemity. If you read well enough, you will discover that this man was the commander of Nigeria soldiers and Gowon himself was in the office and did not see bloodshed. Do you want him to start commending the Igbos for trying to divide Nigeria? Let me tell you, those people that the Biafran soldiers killed will never forgive you people till eternity especially at Ore.

Instead of you to post a topic that can bring unity to the country, you rather prefer to divide us the more. better pray for a good job and be occupied rather than creating unecessary controversy among Yoruba and Igbos
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by dayokanu(m): 4:52pm On Nov 29, 2011
nku5:

@ Dayokanu - if he wrecked biafran troops then that wouldn't be an issue. The bone of contention is the statement that the OP quoted. I think you are avoiding the issue. We all know what war is about and that's win win win. I don't think you ever heard anybody picking issues with Shuwa and his command. Shuwa did 100 times more damage to the biafran army but he was an officer and a gentlemen though many igbos will take me up on it. The difference between him and adekunle is that the black scorpion was an eye service man pure and simple. Do you know who shot the nigerian soldier that killed nzeogwu after his capture - shuwa. Geneva convention aside when you declare in an INTERVIEW! That you don't want red cross etc. it shows that the man was trying to show off for the benefit of whom I may ask

He was showing off for the benefits of Ojuku.

When Ojuku heard about Black Scorpion he changed his army uniform and wore Wrapper and Gstring next thing he is in Abidjan leaving the millions to suffer
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by tpia5: 4:57pm On Nov 29, 2011
Do you know who shot the nigerian soldier that killed nzeogwu after his capture

always the same story with "revolutions".

leave no trail aka evidence.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by ocelot2006(m): 4:58pm On Nov 29, 2011
Well, war definitely brings out the beast in man.

But though the most successful and daring division in the civil war, the 3rd Marine Commando Div under Adekunle was quite brutal. I think that changed when Obasanjo took over.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by okunoba(m): 5:00pm On Nov 29, 2011
@Bashr8, You have asked a very good Qs, why did Adekunle make a statement that would in todays World put him in jail for war crimes? Maybe he was trying to sound hard and bad, could be hatred developed over the years or maybe the mind set was still dominated by that old tribal warfare of gone by days when killing in war had little rules. We can`t really know unless there is a record of him explaining why he made such horrible and evil statement. But Adekunle is an individual and his statement shouldn`t be used to label all Yoruba people as bad.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by tpia5: 5:04pm On Nov 29, 2011
^^if you need more instances where yorubas are being attacked and bashed while folks of your ilk conveniently look the other way, i can supply you with some relevant threads.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by nku5: 5:06pm On Nov 29, 2011
@ Dayokanu - adekunle was just a caricature of a wartime general. He had no class. Meanwhile which kind joke be dat say ikemba dress like woman. The man got into a jet and checked out. Abi u think say na night bus.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by ektbear: 5:09pm On Nov 29, 2011
In a nutshell, if Adekunle is some evil dude, then so is Uncle Sam and the rest of the allied forces in WW2, so were the allies in WW1, so was Napoleon, so was Abraham Lincoln, etc.

You cannot hold him to a higher moral standard than everyone else.

Boggles me mind that anyone can say he is a war criminal when the US dropped two nukes on Japan, the US locked up all of its Japanese-American citizens in internment camps, the British firebombed Dresden, etc.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by islamrules(m): 5:10pm On Nov 29, 2011
War  is no Video game when you sit on ur couch and decide who to shoot and who not to shoot.

In war, any slow motion, you are dead. Its either you quickly kill an enemy or enemy quickly kill you.

The first to pull the trigger gives the account of the war!
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by dayokanu(m): 5:12pm On Nov 29, 2011
nku5:

@ Dayokanu - adekunle was just a caricature of a wartime general. He had no class. Meanwhile which kind joke be dat say ikemba dress like woman. The man got into a jet and checked out. Abi u think say na night bus.

What class does The American general who oredered japan to be nuked have? Which class does The Russian General who ordered the destruction of Berlin?

Do you know what war is about? All is fair in Love and war. Benjy understood that, Great generals understood that

That is not a joke. Ojuku was scared shitless that he bailed out sharp sharp under the cover of darkness

I wonder which general would escape leaving his people to the wrath of the nigerian army

Its like a father when armed robbers come knocking scales the fence and run away leavimg his family to the mercy of robbers

Ojuku must really be a scumbag
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by bashr8: 5:13pm On Nov 29, 2011
i hope my igbo folks are reading all these comments from yoruba peeps. its always good to know who your neighbours are and what they wish of you. see the hatred and bitterness in there responses , very interesting.

meanwhile am yet to get a proper response, it would have been understandable to get such comment from a northern soldier cause the war was between east and north.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by dayokanu(m): 5:15pm On Nov 29, 2011
ekt_bear:

In a nutshell, if Adekunle is some evil dude, then so is Uncle Sam and the rest of the allied forces in WW2, so were the allies in WW1, so was Napoleon, so was Abraham Lincoln, etc.

You cannot hold him to a higher moral standard than everyone else.

Boggles me mind that anyone can say he is a war criminal when the US dropped two nukes on Japan, the US locked up all of its Japanese-American citizens in internment camps, the British firebombed Dresden, etc.

I watched the Russian invasion of Berlin on the military channel and I knew what war was about. You need to watch or read it.

germans were fleeing preferred to be shelled by the Allied forces than to be captured by the invading Russians. The women of berlin were raped sore. yet no one went for war crimes.

War criminals are usually those who lose the war

many dont know what war is about, I guess thats why they always scream war on the internet
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by dayokanu(m): 5:18pm On Nov 29, 2011
bashr8:

i hope my igbo folks are reading all these comments from yoruba peeps. its always good to know who your neighbours are and what they wish of you. see the hatred and bitterness in there responses , very interesting.

meanwhile am yet to get a proper response, it would have been understandable to get such comment from a northern soldier cause the war was between east and north.

The war was between North and east yet Biafran soldiers didnt invade the north, Rather they came to Ore in the West, I am sure someone might come here and say they were trying to go to Kano via Ore.

Thank God for people like Benjamin BABAMAJA ADEKUNLE

Like I said for 1 Yoruba that was killed Akintola, Its 100,000 Ibos
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by okunoba(m): 5:20pm On Nov 29, 2011
@Aloy Emeka, u reasoning is based on emotions not reason. Have you heard about the blockade of Germany during the war, which stopped the flow of food to Germany and resulted in the starvation of over 700,000 germans. Food blockade was not invented by Awo, it`s a common strategy used during war time. The Ikemba as a student of History should have been aware of this, especially someone that graduated with honors and should have made some sort of plan to that effects, but as we all know Nigerians are just good at cramming books without really taken it in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockade_of_Germany
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by Afam4eva(m): 5:21pm On Nov 29, 2011
dayokanu:

The war was between North and east yet Biafran soldiers didnt invade the north, Rather they came to Ore in the West, I am sure someone might come here and say they were trying to go to Kano via Ore.

How can a war be between North and east. So, were the eaterners trying to break away from the north? Dude, you have lost it totally
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by nku5: 5:22pm On Nov 29, 2011
@ Dayokanu - those world war2 cases you mentioned were before the geneva convention that gentlemen officers have lived and fought by. But if you want to examine them note that japan's imperialistic aims had seen them overrun china, philipines, pearl harbour among numerous others and I hope you know the japs were robot like suicide troops who would have fought till millions of lives would have been wasted. As for the sacking of berlin, the german troops refused to surrender and had to be mopped up house to house. Since then all has not been fair in war. There were wars going on in vietnam and though there were atrocities which occurred mainly because it was largely a guerilla war, no sane american commander could have come up with that statement.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by bashr8: 5:23pm On Nov 29, 2011
dayokanu:

you mean victor banjo. well its good for my igbo peeps to read this and remember when you plan something with a yoruba man and it goes bad he will cowardly deny it . for all those igbos running their mouth and calling for revolution i hope you first learn something from history
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by ak47mann(m): 5:24pm On Nov 29, 2011
dayokanu:

you are a fool, you think you lot are anything in that union, let me tell you Yoruba are the last people to worry about when its comes to military power,you make so much loud noise mean while nothing.
Abiola was poison your elders that you think are all and all went behind and took bribe from Hausa people you are not relevant,  the war was fought b/w east and north awolowo the loser if igbo want we could have let him rot in jail but drinking otilikpo was better solution for him cos never tested president and is still going on.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by bashr8: 5:26pm On Nov 29, 2011
am still waiting for a response , why did adekunle out all other nothern soldiers make this statement ? did he have any personal issues with ojukwu or igbos before the war?
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by nku5: 5:28pm On Nov 29, 2011
@bashr8 - adekunle was a notice-me soldier who tried to cash in on the anti-igbo sentiment. It got him nowhere as we have seen

1 Like

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by ak47mann(m): 5:30pm On Nov 29, 2011
adekule was used and dump by Fulani as usual cool cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Aisha Bakari Gombi, Documentary On Boko Haram Huntress By Aljazeera (Video) / 2023 Presidency: 9 Aspirants From The South East / Buhari's Supporters Hold Rally In UK: "Buhari Should Continue Beyond 2019"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.