Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,661 members, 7,892,670 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 03:29 PM

[OPINION] The Young Shall Grow - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / [OPINION] The Young Shall Grow (158 Views)

I Shall Be Deactivating By 10pm / Why Do Most Nigerian Ladies Have That Lesbian Tendencies? Opinion poll / Opinion: The Five Most Mentioned Moniker Of Nairaland In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

[OPINION] The Young Shall Grow by Jimsonjaat86: 7:46pm On Jun 21
By Abdulraheem Sheriffdeen (ASB Famous)

“The young shall grow” is a prayer which could also plant a firm belief in the hearts of teens and youths to rekindle their hope of growing to achieve their dreams and take the burden of their contemporary leaders. This expression goes a long way in resonating with the youth to buckle up in whatever endeavours they aligned with.

Sequel to my past works where I insisted on giving the youths an opportunity in governance beyond political appointments, it’s time for competent youths to take charge of the local level of government in their various localities, if truly the young should grow.

Taking us far to the lane of history between the years 1960 to 1980, Nigerians enjoyed true leadership in the hands of energetic and patriotic youths as heads of state like; Gen. Yakubu Gowon at the age of 31, Gen. Murtala Muhammed at the age of 36, Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo at the age of 38, Gen. Muhammad Buhari at the age of 41, and others. Hitherto, such a feat hasn’t yet been achieved by any other youth, except that of lower positions that are insignificant.

If we can’t be allowed to go where we refer to as the top seat due to our political configuration of the party system, which the bourgeoisies have already dominated, taming the youth with excuses of inexperience while rotating the seat among the gladiators.

But quite unfortunately, youths are the enemy of themselves. Whenever there’s consolidation on the youth agenda, some cheap youths will still be the mechanism of destruction and division in the name of menial and unreliable appointments as media aides and SA’s that can be terminated at their discretion, in just a blink of an eye.

In a short time, local government elections will be conducted in different states, most especially Kwara state where I lived. Undoubtedly, some of our elders in their 50s to 70s will be out to drag the council chairmanship and a position as low as a councilor with the youth. But my message to the aspiring young leaders is,never be intimidated under any circumstances, be steadfast in your approach and remain determined on your agenda irrespective of any challenges that might come your way. You shall triumph.

(1) (Reply)

Adsense Needed / Daily Nigerian News Highlight / Home Items For Sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.