Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

I’ll Take EFCC To The Next Level — Lamorde - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Take EFCC To The Next Level — Lamorde (3258 Views)

Lamorde’s ‘disappearance’ Stalls N1trn Probe – Senate / Buhari Orders EFCC To Probe Ex Service Chiefs,Serving & Former Military Leaders / EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde Removed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Take EFCC To The Next Level — Lamorde by Beaf: 4:33am On Nov 29, 2011
[size=14pt]I’ll Take EFCC To Next Level — Lamorde[/size]
Tue, 29/11/2011 - 1:00am | CHUKA ODITTAH

The acting chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mr. Ibrahim Lamorde, has promised to move the EFCC to a new level of accomplishments, even as he tasked staff of the commission to be ready to embrace professionalism, integrity, and ethical conduct guiding the commission.

Lamorde stated this yesterday at the official handing over of headship of the commission to him by former chairman of the commission Mrs. Farida Waziri. The new EFCC boss spoke of an impending overhaul in the commission’s mode of operation. He added that, with the baton now handed over to him by President Goodluck Jonathan, a new phase in the life of the commission had begun.

“ As this handing over ends, we enter a new phase in the life of the commission. I’ll leverage the abundant skills and experience in the commission and the immense goodwill of Nigerians to move the EFCC to a new level.

The challenges that stare us in the face are enormous and I want to solicit the support of everyone in the discharge of the onerous task thrust on my shoulders by Mr. President.

“I’ll be making more demand of every staff of EFCC, far more demand of professionalism, integrity and ethical conduct than had ever been made of each and every one of us. I will not accept any excuse whatsoever for failure,” he said.

In her remark, erstwhile chairman of the commission, Farida Waziri, thanked President Goodluck Jonathan and all Nigerians for the opportunity to serve as EFCC boss. She maintained that the commission had made remarkable progress in the last three years that she was chairman of the commission.

According to her, the gains made by the EFFC under her stewardship are visible for all to see. She said the agency during her tenure secured conviction of 450 offenders, recovered over $9 billion USD, and charged 75 high-profile cases to courts. Among them were ex-governors, ministers, heads of agencies and others.

Farida also listed her achievements to include closure of over 5,000 fraudulent email addresses with the conviction of over 80 suspects.

Others are:  review of staff salary and payment of hazard allowances, aimed at insulating staff from external pressures and temptations, setting up of monitoring and intelligence units for gathering information to facilitate investigations, commenced work on the permanent office complex of the EFCC, transformation of the Training and Research Institute (TRI), and reactivation of MOU with Microsoft, yahoo, google, Coca-Cola and others to boost the fight against internet fraud.

The commission also initiated  legislative intervention such as Assets Forfeiture, Special Courts, Amendment of Money Laundering Acts and the Anti-terrorism Act.

Farida, who said she would proceed on vacation to care for herself, later expressed the hope that corruption would ultimately be stamped out of the country, given the pedigree of her successor who, she noted was well grounded in the operations of the EFCC.

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/9196/2011/11/29/i%E2%80%99ll_take_efcc_next_level_%E2%80%94_lamorde.html
Re: I’ll Take EFCC To The Next Level — Lamorde by EkoIle1: 5:09am On Nov 29, 2011
Next level ko, stratosphere ni?

How that's going to happen with politicians overlording and pulling the strings of the bogus and waste of time and resources agency I have not idea

To the next level means they'll have to get rid of the efcc itself along with the weak and failed constitutional and judicial foundation it's standing on and replace it with a real independent agency with stronger mandate, it's own sets of layers, courts, judges and forensic labs with zero interference with politicians which at this stage is very impossible.

Nigeria as a society is not matured and sophisticated enough to manage any credible and honest crime fighting agency.
Re: I’ll Take EFCC To The Next Level — Lamorde by Gboliwe: 5:30am On Nov 29, 2011
Lol @ next level.
May I remind you that you are just an interim leader and your days are already numbered there.
Re: I’ll Take EFCC To The Next Level — Lamorde by Nobody: 6:02am On Nov 29, 2011
Yawnn.
Re: I’ll Take EFCC To The Next Level — Lamorde by dustydee: 6:19am On Nov 29, 2011
Farewell Farida. cool
Re: I’ll Take EFCC To The Next Level — Lamorde by egift(m): 7:24am On Nov 29, 2011
Another eye-service propagandist steps in.
Re: I’ll Take EFCC To The Next Level — Lamorde by CyberG: 7:46am On Nov 29, 2011
Pfff
Re: I’ll Take EFCC To The Next Level — Lamorde by Beaf: 8:10am On Nov 29, 2011
Lets see what the man can do. I'll be happy to see a hailstorm of arrests, trials and jail terms.
Re: I’ll Take EFCC To The Next Level — Lamorde by bodejohn(m): 8:21am On Nov 29, 2011
I was actually surprised to see the pump that heralded the handing over ceremony.
At a point i was like did i miss something? Was he already confirmed as the substantive chairman?
He should just concentrate on making the most of the time he has as the acting chair and leave the talk.
We are have overdose of their talks already.
Re: I’ll Take EFCC To The Next Level — Lamorde by jamace(m): 9:18am On Nov 29, 2011
I don hear.

I want to see.
Re: I’ll Take EFCC To The Next Level — Lamorde by executinal(m): 10:21am On Nov 29, 2011
Carry on Lamorde, with GOD by your side you will succeed.
Re: I’ll Take EFCC To The Next Level — Lamorde by amyadams: 10:28am On Nov 29, 2011

The 2010 Nigerien floods were floods across Niger which left over 111,000 people homeless. Niger was already suffering acute food shortages following prolonged drought in the Sahel region. As of 24 August 2010, at least 6 to 8 people had died. The Niger river was pushed to its highest levels in 80 years.[1] The floods subsequently spread along the River Niger in to Nigeria, Ghana, Burkina Faso, Togo and Benin over the next few months. Later storms also brewed up in the CAR, Morocco and northern Algeria.
Re: I’ll Take EFCC To The Next Level — Lamorde by blacksta(m): 10:31am On Nov 29, 2011
Anyway Nigerians are foools excepts its corrupt leadership.

I remember When farida was commissioned " she stated then that she was taking EFCC To MARS or another level" another idioot has come to take EFCC to the next level. One day sha EFCC will hit roof  grin   Until Nigerians rid themselves of the passive useless mindset  - the rot continues.  The Idoitt also forgets that he is an interm leader.
Re: I’ll Take EFCC To The Next Level — Lamorde by Baawaa(m): 10:34am On Nov 29, 2011
Mr.Lamorde will be the one that will send Bola Ahmed Tinubu to prison,write it down!!!!!!!U can c tinubu's boys ar complaining cool cool cool
Re: I’ll Take EFCC To The Next Level — Lamorde by Beaf: 10:35am On Nov 29, 2011
blacksta:

Anyway Nigerians are foools excepts its corrupt leadership.

I remember When farida was commissioned " she stated then that she was taking EFCC To MARS or another level" another idioot has come to take EFCC to the next level. One day sha EFCC will hit roof  grin   Until Nigerians rid themselves of the passive useless mindset  - the rot continues.  The Idoitt also forgets that he is an interm leader.  

The bolded certainly describes you, but it doesn't apply to the 159million other Nigerians.
Re: I’ll Take EFCC To The Next Level — Lamorde by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 29, 2011
typical Nigeria.
unconstructive critism everywhere cry cry cry
Re: I’ll Take EFCC To The Next Level — Lamorde by blacksta(m): 10:41am On Nov 29, 2011
Beaf:

The bolded certainly describes you, but it doesn't apply to the 159million other Nigerians.

if they are not - how long will they be denied the right to decent humanity
Re: I’ll Take EFCC To The Next Level — Lamorde by humblebee: 10:56am On Nov 29, 2011
just do it and leave the talking to the media
Re: I’ll Take EFCC To The Next Level — Lamorde by 1025: 11:02am On Nov 29, 2011
i will agree with this idiot as long as he will start with the honourable wife of our most responsible president. just arrest the woman and obasanjo and u will become a hero. we will not entertain another arrest of a local govt chairman from another rural area while abuja is parading the greatest thieves in the history of man. aso rock is a course household that can produce armed robbers and pen robbers without fear or favour.
idiot lamorde, do not forget, we are not longer the fools criminals call us here in nigeria.
we know that no normal person is in pdp so concentrate on the ruling party and leave oppositions for now.
the first lady of this country has has a case of money laundry so leaving her to look elsewhere will be a joke
Re: I’ll Take EFCC To The Next Level — Lamorde by gulfer: 11:28am On Nov 29, 2011
As this handing over ends, we enter a new phase in the life of the commission. I’ll leverage the abundant skills and experience in the commission and the immense goodwill of Nigerians to move the EFCC to a new level.
. Here we go again! Fighting crime in the media, next level of incompetence begins.
Re: I’ll Take EFCC To The Next Level — Lamorde by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 11:39am On Nov 29, 2011
Its what they're good at
Re: I’ll Take EFCC To The Next Level — Lamorde by Delafruita(m): 11:55am On Nov 29, 2011
I wonder what "next level" this fool is talking about.he has been at the EFCC since inception and has always been a key decision making member of the body so I wonder what new things he. Wants to do
Re: I’ll Take EFCC To The Next Level — Lamorde by Dele99: 12:17pm On Nov 29, 2011
IGG Initial gra gra. Does this dude feel Nigerians still get carried away by promises. He should let his actions speak enough of these (empty) promises!
Re: I’ll Take EFCC To The Next Level — Lamorde by musiwa43: 12:18pm On Nov 29, 2011
Re: I’ll Take EFCC To The Next Level — Lamorde by kobojonkie(f): 12:19pm On Nov 29, 2011
musiwa,,.:

when would a southerner head the efcc.

Who do you have in mind?
Re: I’ll Take EFCC To The Next Level — Lamorde by dein77(m): 12:28pm On Nov 29, 2011
bro, just do the right. For once show to us you guys mean business, God bless Nigeria
Re: I’ll Take EFCC To The Next Level — Lamorde by Basics007: 1:48pm On Nov 29, 2011
And what would happen if GEJ doesnt confirm him as the EFCC chairman? He will now drop it to the lower level abi?
Re: I’ll Take EFCC To The Next Level — Lamorde by MrResource(m): 2:18pm On Nov 29, 2011
There is always a 'Next level' promise,

2015 isn't far, There will be another 'Next level'

hoping for something better this time
Re: I’ll Take EFCC To The Next Level — Lamorde by jascon1(m): 4:46pm On Nov 29, 2011
hhahahahah. some ppl dey learn how to talk.
i beg no pack our money ohhhhh
Re: I’ll Take EFCC To The Next Level — Lamorde by lanrefront1(m): 8:29pm On Nov 29, 2011
Only an EFFCC that is not under the control of the President and the executive can fight corruption.

there are already concerns from some quarters and bodies that Lamorede is "Politcal Exposed Person" and freind to many "Politcal Exposed Persons".

Move along people; there is nothing here; the War against corruption is dead for now.

In GEJ's present goverment, corruption is having a rosy air-conditioned, jacuzzi, 7-star residential accomodation. Only an ignorant or mischief maker will say this is not so,
Re: I’ll Take EFCC To The Next Level — Lamorde by YomiKaycee: 1:16pm On Nov 30, 2011
Someone please tell this guy to stfu and do his job. It will be very obvious for all to see after a few months in office whether or not he is taking EFCC to the previous or next level.
Re: I’ll Take EFCC To The Next Level — Lamorde by Godmann(m): 2:08pm On Nov 30, 2011
When Ribadu left and he acted, what did he achieve?

He is a fool that is looking for who can accept his fake promises

(1) (Reply)

Why The South West Should Not Vote For Jonathan / An Interview With A Soldier On Boko Haram. / Let The SE, SS And SW Unite And Vote For Jonathan Come Next Year.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.