Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,341 members, 7,808,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

Linda Ikeji Has Worm, Password Tracker: Becareful - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Linda Ikeji Has Worm, Password Tracker: Becareful (3463 Views)

Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... / Linda Ikeji Exposes The Guys Trying To Bring LIB Down (pix, Must Read) / Linda Ikeji's Blog VS ₦airaland Forum: Which Is More Profitable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Linda Ikeji Has Worm, Password Tracker: Becareful by knoxranger: 5:34am On Nov 29, 2011
Ok, i want to bring this to the notice of Nairalanders. The Blog[b] www.lindaikeji..com[/b] has some kind of worm, password tracker that gets my laptop infected in the last couple of days. In the last 5 days, anytime i visit the site this worm pops up on my laptop that deactivate my antivirus/antispyware immediately and starts downloading tracker and key logger on my system. I usually have to turn off the laptop and reactivate the antivirus/antispyware to clean the whole system over. I use Mcaffe 2011,

Plz, dont get me wrong i am an ardent reader of the blog site. i visit the site almost five times daily to read about happenings in Naija, so i definitely dont intend this as a HATE or PUN.

Anyone with contact to Linda Ikeji herself should please inform her ASAP before this affects her blogging. I would have contacted her,but i am scared of loosing information on my laptop to password trackers by visiting her site again. At least for now. grin grin grin
Re: Linda Ikeji Has Worm, Password Tracker: Becareful by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 29, 2011
Na to deworm the site be that now.
Re: Linda Ikeji Has Worm, Password Tracker: Becareful by Slyr0x: 8:19am On Nov 29, 2011
Fa'realz? Lemme confirm that. .BRB
Re: Linda Ikeji Has Worm, Password Tracker: Becareful by Slyr0x: 8:45am On Nov 29, 2011
Scan results from

1. http://www.urlvoid.com/
2. http://onlinelinkscan.com/
3. http://linkscanner.explabs.com/linkscanner/default.aspx (AVG)

found NOTHING on the site. . .I even used my Avast professional Web Shield but there was nothing. . undecided

But wait sef OP, How did you know t'was a keylogger/password tracker ? How does it get downloaded to your HDD? What downloads it, your browser or your download manager?

Re: Linda Ikeji Has Worm, Password Tracker: Becareful by yawatide(f): 11:47am On Nov 29, 2011
sly:
u r scary o! he he.

Any how, I visit the site on a daily basis (in fact, I visit it after I finish reading the threads on NL cheesy ) and have never had the site flagged so this comes as a surprise to me.
Re: Linda Ikeji Has Worm, Password Tracker: Becareful by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 29, 2011
The sly guy go commoth uzi ni sha! Badt guy.
Re: Linda Ikeji Has Worm, Password Tracker: Becareful by ahmsta(m): 1:24pm On Nov 29, 2011
Sly, i See you,
Re: Linda Ikeji Has Worm, Password Tracker: Becareful by knoxranger: 9:02pm On Nov 29, 2011
Ok Nairalanders thankx for your undertsanding that this is not a HATE post against LInda Ikeji. The real issue i have is that i visit a lot of Naija sites ranging from Nairaland toSaharareporters to Celebregion to Notjustok to jimmysonde to ladunblog to Lindaikeji to bellaNaija to etc. i do this cuz i reside in canada, and i love Naija story alot and these are the only avenue you get to hear stories of Great Naija origin.

So the issue is that in the last 6daysi have being having issues. Anytime i visit all this site i dont have problems but the moment i visit www.lindaikeji..com, after some few minutes there is a pop page( despite my turning pop off) that tells me key logger is being downloaded to my system and i should click here to download security 2012. Usually i close all the tabs and try to run mcaffe 2011 antispyware(that ought to have being running in the background), but i find out it has being disabled. so at this point, i set the system to recovery mode from a last known good point and let it restart. this usually does not come easy cuz the worm doesnt allow the recovery mode to start, but i go through safe mode and try it again before getting through.

So i observed this trend for some days and decided not 2 visit Linda Ikeji again, but as a nosy Naija i visited the site after 2days and alas! i experienced the same shitty thing. so my conclusion is what lead me to this post.
@Slyr0x, tanx for checking it out, but i think its a download manager, it usually says keylogger is being downloaded to your system.

(1) (Reply)

Creating Your Own Website And Not Letting People Cheat You / Female Bloggers On Nairaland! Come Here!! / See Best 5 Reasons Why Your Huge Website Traffic Is Not Converting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.