Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,856 members, 7,802,746 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? (28481 Views)

Join Us To Play Xbox And Ps3 & Ps4 On System Link / Difference Between Xbox,xbox 360 And Ps3 / Ign :: Top 25 Xbox360 And Ps3 Games Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by purplekayc(m): 10:02am On Nov 29, 2011
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by centurian(m): 10:14am On Dec 01, 2011
the difference is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much i don't even know were to begin.
i have both ps2 and ps3 believe me when i say since i buy my ps3 i never touch my ps2
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by lumzi23: 1:40pm On Dec 01, 2011
PS3 blows the PS2 away in terms of graphics and capabilities.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by purplekayc(m): 2:35pm On Dec 01, 2011
i think it s just the graphics ,
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 01, 2011
This Q is like asking the difference between Boy and Girl
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Dec 01, 2011
PS3
Blu ray drive

HDMI port for HD TV

Hard disk drive of up to 320GB.
Also multi media capabilities for TV. Watch Lovefilm, iplayer et al.

PS2 has none of those features.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by begwong: 2:42pm On Dec 01, 2011
the number one diff is the cost ! grin

1 Like

Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by Skii(m): 2:43pm On Dec 01, 2011
Guys,
Chew on this

http://www.?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ps4playstation4.com%2F&h=aAQEL7LaYAQHeOWuEmIr-arK_zev7MhRYP-8wp5Jb0jH4Ig

shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by aieromon(m): 3:01pm On Dec 01, 2011
I have some friends who prefer playing PES on PS2 than PS3.They say the graphics is better.Any objection?
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by Bawss1(m): 3:04pm On Dec 01, 2011
^^

Tell them they should see an eye doctor ASAP.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by abrazar(m): 3:11pm On Dec 01, 2011
comparin ps2 to ps3 is like comparin a bicycle to car,i dont tink they should be compare,instead do so wit an xbox
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by n3rve(m): 3:14pm On Dec 01, 2011
LOL,  A PS3 is a computer dedicated to gaming. A PS2 is one of them 90's experiments
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by purplekayc(m): 3:40pm On Dec 01, 2011
[supTell them they should see an eye doctor ASAP.][/sup]

are u sure i think i dont really need all that features et al hd port and all , i can always buy an ex. hrad drive for it , i i think the graphics are still the main difference
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by sebastinta(m): 4:08pm On Dec 01, 2011
PS2 looks like shit now, d diff is just tooooooooooooooooooooo much, cant wait to c wats next
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by otumfour(m): 4:19pm On Dec 01, 2011
purplekayc:

are u sure i think i dont really need all that  features  et al hd port and all ,  i can always buy an ex. hrad drive for it , i i think the graphics are still the main difference

lol! ^^^^ I think its clear this dude doesn't own an HD TV,  angry

all the peeps talkn 'bout ps2 is betta than ps3 don't own HD TV's period!

PS3 is a beast  wink
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by femzy(m): 4:23pm On Dec 01, 2011
donspony:

PS3
Blu ray drive

HDMI port for HD TV

Hard disk drive of up to 320GB.
Also multi media capabilities for TV. Watch Lovefilm, iplayer et al.

PS2 has none of those features.

Wifi, BT Controllers & Clocking Speed Of the Processor  tongue
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by lumzi23: 4:29pm On Dec 01, 2011
aieromon:

I have some friends who prefer playing PES on PS2 than PS3.They say the graphics is better.Any objection?

That seems kind of dumb. Sorry. I mean, yes, PES isn't the best looking game on PS3 but I doubt the PS2 version looks better.

purplekayc:

are u sure i think i dont really need all that  features  et al hd port and all ,  i can always buy an ex. hrad drive for it , i i think the graphics are still the main difference

He was talking to bawss.

Also, are posting from a phone? I can barely understand what you wrote. From the little I can understand of you post playing with a good HDTV makes a HUGE difference (like otum said)

abrazar:

comparin ps2 to ps3 is like comparin a bicycle to car,i dont tink they should be compare,instead do so wit an xbox

You can't compare an Xbox 360 to a PS2 or Xbox. The 360 kills them both. Also, there isn't a big difference between PS3 and Xbox 360.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by etteorok(m): 4:37pm On Dec 01, 2011
sad winkthe difference is awesome, get a HD TV, play it with your HDMI cable, feel the difference
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 5:00pm On Dec 01, 2011
PS3 all the way, if u dont like it, then stick with your ps2
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by kpolli(m): 5:26pm On Dec 01, 2011
aieromon:

I totally agree
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by kokoye(m): 6:05pm On Dec 01, 2011
3D movies

Blu-ray

Better graphics

Built-in Wi-Fi

DLNA

etc . . .
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by coogar: 6:58pm On Dec 01, 2011
playstation 2 - 2nd generation game console
playstation 3 - 3rd generation game console.

there's a massive difference between the 2.
i cannot even be arsed to start listing them.

it's the difference between i-phone 4 and nokia 3210.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by hollas2jnr(m): 7:51pm On Dec 01, 2011
There are lots of difference man:

1. Supports HD and 3D display.
2. Has both bluetooth and wifi.
3. Uses processor.
4. Has a built-in HDD.
5. Can watch Blu-ray movies.
6. PSN (Playstation Network).
7. Seems all its games are advance both in graphics and sounds.

All i can think of for now. Get it and you won't regret,
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by abrazar(m): 8:13pm On Dec 01, 2011
@lumzi23 i neva compared ps2 to a 360,i said he should compare d ps2 2 xbox,
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by jayriginal: 9:00pm On Dec 01, 2011
Right, Right.
For people that only play soccer, whats the difference ?
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by aieromon(m): 10:03pm On Dec 01, 2011
lumzi23:

That seems kind of dumb. Sorry. I mean, yes, PES isn't the best looking game on PS3 but I doubt the PS2 version looks better.

Have you played PES on PS2?
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by ritchboy(m): 11:13pm On Dec 01, 2011
Ok, some of the replies are a bit overboard i.e iPhone4 - 3210.

the PS3 isn't THAT much more superior than the PS2. tongue
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by 4real(m): 11:45pm On Dec 01, 2011
There is no need to fight over there those supporting ps2 have never played a ps3 not to talk about playing it on and hd led tv, I won't even play my ps3 on a plasma why in the world would I play a ps2, I had a friend who said the same that there was no real difference on my last visit to Nigeria I came with my ps3 needless to say I never got a chance to play my games as the guy no stand up from the game at all lol wicked graphics on games like uncharted or gears of war or modern warfare
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by arshy(m): 12:42am On Dec 02, 2011
comparing PS2 to PS3 is pure inferiority complex.

If u don't have money to buy PS3, just stick to your obsolete life and enjoy it, but don't come here to give us any injury in our brain. I have been trying to think for few hours to see how I can compare the two, the only answer I am getting is 'Dude, are u insane?' , lolz
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by scorpio1(m): 1:01am On Dec 02, 2011
@ Poster, Answer this, Whats the difference between you and an illiterate?
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by lumzi23: 3:31am On Dec 02, 2011
aieromon:

Have you played PES on PS2?

Yes. I had one of the PES games on PS2 (or xbox). I also have PES 2009 for PS3 which I got from a friend's friend. I can't remember how my PS2 version looked but I know it looked worse than Fifa 2003. Now, I know some of these old games have a nice charm about them that makes them look still nice years later. For instance, DOA3 blew my mind when fished it out and played it earlier this year. However, lets compare screens of PES on PS2 to the PS3 versions. (I use pictures from different versions on each system. Some of the URL's are from the Xbox site of IGN but IGN mixes screens when the graphics are the same for both PS and Xbox)

PS2: (PES 2009)

(Winning Eleven cool

Now lets look at PS3: (PES 2011)

(PES 2009)

(PES 2009)

I think it's clear that the PS3 version is clearly superior.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Psp Buttons Are No Longer Responding: Help, Please! / Nigeria Returns To EASports (FIFA 18) After Almost Ten Years. / Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.