Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,074 members, 7,807,217 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

It's Arsenal Against Juventus - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / It's Arsenal Against Juventus (14091 Views)

Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 1) On 13th May 2015 / Di Matteo Plans Defensive Game Against Juventus As He Plans To Drop Torres / UCL: Chelsea Vs Juventus (2 - 2) On 19th September 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's Arsenal Against Juventus by pie1ect(m): 1:08pm On Mar 10, 2006
Hey fellow Gunners, It's the Q'finals and it's Arsenal against Juventus.

Honestly, I would have preffered Ajax/Inter/Benefica but hey, if you want to be the best, you've got to beat the best.

Abi nor be so?

Bizarrely, for some reason I don't see us losing to Juve. Call it Blind optimism or something else but my instincts tell me we are going to a 'Liverpool' over them in this Q'final.

Would be fun to see Vieira turning out for one last time at Highbury, even though he would be in Black and white Stripes instead of Red.

Peace!
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by teeroy(m): 1:09pm On Mar 10, 2006
this one will be hot. it will be interesting to see how far the gunners will go!!! send ur posts.
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by Vieira(m): 1:20pm On Mar 10, 2006
Not what I wanted but it is not that bad.

Weder had them beat if not for that keeper giving them last minute awof goal.

Fingers crossed we can do this.
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by Badman888(m): 2:22pm On Mar 10, 2006
This one is tough anyhow Gunner fans good luck, i just want to asee a game with goals from both teams.
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by slowmo(m): 2:33pm On Mar 10, 2006
Well, well, well!!. It's a test.the gunners will have to prove and show us that they are really Gunners. I don't want to spill out anything now. Just to wait and see how they will be defeated. Then i Will Laugh out for all to hear. tongue tongue
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by cabali(m): 2:43pm On Mar 10, 2006
this is where the gunners come back home! they arent that good to go past juventus, we all know that! and viera? he will tell them they made a mistake letting him go
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by Skidoc(m): 3:22pm On Mar 10, 2006
Please when is the match? london time pls.
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by Vieira(m): 3:33pm On Mar 10, 2006
Wednesday, 29 March 2006
Arsenal v Juventus, 19:45
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by cabali(m): 3:56pm On Mar 10, 2006
so, all this while pie1 is a gunner? so why were u in such a passionate support of barca against chelsea, oh i get it! U cant stand the oppression of the premiership league by chelsea. and the fact chelsea could beat arsenal home and away, men I completely understand now!

but am sorry to say u will have to get ur supportership rooted at barca cos arsenal isnt goin past juventus! they were lucky to be against real madrid that also is a club dying just like arsenal is.
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by Vieira(m): 5:01pm On Mar 10, 2006
cabali:

this is where the gunners come back home! they arent that good to go past juventus, we all know that! and viera? he will tell them they made a mistake letting him go

And if Arsenal go through are you willing to eat your words?

or will you find some excuse like Murinho?

Actually if Arsenal win you most perform an embarrassing deed. You must wear an Arsenal top while holding a message which says:

"My name is cabali and I know nothing about Football, all hail the mighty gooners"

Do you agree? I want pictures o.
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by cabali(m): 5:18pm On Mar 10, 2006
I will say no wahala to that cos it cant happen. arsene has lost it, arsenal doesnt have a bearing and thats why henry is leaving and he will leave.

at the end of this round they wil actually be 'goners' for sure.

meanwhile i can see u too are not taking the chelsea operation in the premiership well also. sorry o
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by pie1ect(m): 5:19pm On Mar 10, 2006
@Cabali

Oh yeah, I'm an Arsenal fan.

You Chelsea boys are really Funny y'know, the way you go on about some kind of perceived domination. Apparently, you are supposed to be dominating World football according to one Peter Kenyon who happens to be the Chief -clown of Chelsea FC.

You are oppressing the premier league? Are you joking?

Have you forgotten that not too long ago, Arsenal went a whole season unbeaten? Something that your club will never accomplish?
Have you forgotten that for over 9 years prior to your fluke wins over our second string side, you had not beaten us once in the league?
I laugh when matters concerning Chelsea are discussed. Where teams like Arsenal are concerned, una suppose dey hide una head for sand.
One league trophy every fifty years (and the second one being facilitated by excessive money) is not something to brag about, especially not to a club with a record as awesome as Arsenal's.

Just so you know, I supported Barca because they were playing against Chelsea. Yes, I support any team playing against your team, even if it happened to be Warri Utd.

It's just the way it goes, bro.

BTW, Be prepared to eat your words when this Juve tie is over and done with.
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by cabali(m): 5:31pm On Mar 10, 2006
my man dont give me history. just go to the table at present take a picture of it and talk based on that.

when henry leaves what happens huh? the most sorry club in the league? arsena cos the gat experience and cant do a thing about it, aston villa beat u guys for pete sake then west brom? shit!
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by pie1ect(m): 5:51pm On Mar 10, 2006
cabali:

my man don't give me history. just go to the table at present take a picture of it and talk based on that.

when henry leaves what happens huh? the most sorry club in the league? arsena because the gat experience and can't do a thing about it, aston villa beat u boys for pete sake then west brom? rubbish!
Coming from Someone whose "Club" lost 3-nil to the "European Giants" Middlesbrough.
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by jogego(m): 6:10pm On Mar 10, 2006
pie1ect:

Coming from Someone whose "Club" lost 3-nil to the "European Giants" Middlesbrough.

lol, grin grin grin
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by Chxta(m): 6:33pm On Mar 10, 2006
Some say life is black
Some say life is white
We all know that it is
BLACK AND WHITE
FORZA JUVE

La vecchia Signora
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by c0dec(m): 8:25pm On Mar 10, 2006
FORZA JUVE!

arsenal's going down! dont be fooled. real madrid can make any team feel good.
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by Vieira(m): 10:15pm On Mar 10, 2006
cabali:

I will say no wahala to that because it can't happen. arsene has lost it, arsenal doesnt have a bearing and thats why henry is leaving and he will leave.

at the end of this round they wil actually be 'goners' for sure.

meanwhile i can see u too are not taking the chelsea operation in the premiership well also. sorry o

Everybody can you all see this o! He has agreed. I cannot wait.

By the way b4 Henry, Arsenal were winning and shall continue to after any player leaves, no player makes Arsenal. We have always replaced great strikers with other great strikers. Even in recent memory Henry is not our most potent striker, it was Ian Wright!!
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by bagoma(f): 10:44pm On Mar 10, 2006
Arsenal; my team forever and juventus; my seria A club.
not the best of fixtures i tell you.
well well well, since there's no way around this one then i guess i just have to take d plunge.

its Arsenal's year. sorry juve but this is just the perfect year for us.
(i mean when everything looks so bleak it suddenly turns around so dramatically).
@ codec, you will eat ur words again. (remember the ghana national team in d nation cup thread?)

@ chxta, where have you been? have missed your posts.(especially your analysis of the chelsea:barca game)

gunners for life.
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by c0dec(m): 1:21am On Mar 11, 2006
bagoma:

@ codec, you will eat your words again. (remember the ghana national team in d nation cup thread?)
ehm, ghana fielded an incomplete team. grin up eagles!

bagoma:

@ chxta, where have you been? have missed your posts.(especially your analysis of the chelsea:barca game)
gunners for life.
http://chxta..com/2006/03/champions-league-2nd-round.html
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by Akolawole(m): 1:44am On Mar 11, 2006
@Cabal and Everyone

Why are you worried too much about Gunners comments on Chelsea?

I am so happy that my Bolton friend in Pie1ect had confessed at last that" He support any team that play against Chelsea, by that nothing good would ever come from him concerning Chelsea. Even one of them; Chief Ababoy1 once said until Roman Abrah,  Chelsea's supporters only numbered 3000.

Nairaland is not only for Chelsea or Arsenal alone but everybody so we owe it a duty to speak the very truth here.

Please see my comment on this football post : https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-7293.0.html

On this topic

Arsenal may liverpool their way to the final sha.
Juve is not fantastic at all but with Viera, ummh, i rest my case.
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by shockreaction(m): 9:33am On Mar 11, 2006
AC Milan will win the Champions League. 'nuff said.
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by IBBFan(m): 10:37am On Mar 11, 2006
@bagoma

cheesy cheesy bad pikin!! you left your girls in the kitchen and ran to the living room to drop a quick comment on the soccer table. good going girl!!!

but it still beats me that Arsenal couldn't score a goal in their last match against Real in Highbury. too many misses and if they're going to play like that against Juve where those "mad" players are, they'll be black-booted out. wish them success all the way, anyway.
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by Skintite(f): 12:43pm On Mar 11, 2006
Nahhhhhhhh
That aint gonna happen IBB n as for Codec, i need not talk too much
we shall await 28/29th March to see.

We beat madrid, no ones too HOT TO HANDLE
u can say they were in a bad shape, evry team in soccer has a bad day.

UP GUNNERS
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by IBBFan(m): 12:58pm On Mar 11, 2006
very correct, skintite. and no one's too good to lose (not that i'm saying Arsenal will get beat). "IGWE" (as he is fondly called) will have to buckle up for the match against Juve. did you see that beautiful lone-goal against Real?
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by c0dec(m): 1:49pm On Mar 11, 2006
u can't even compare madrid's shocking defense to juve's. sure it'll be tough handling all those fast players you've got but we've got some of the best and experienced defenders at the moment.

on the other end. zlatan, trez, del piero, nedved, camoranesi, mutu. on their best days, how u wan take stop them?
the thing is most of you boys here don't follow serie a. you only read reports but come end of march, we'll emphasize why we are hailed as the best italian team, La Vecchia Signora!

FORZA JUVE!
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by Priscila(f): 3:37pm On Mar 11, 2006
Am already wearing an Arsenal T shirt simply in dire support of Kolo Toure and E Eboue. I want them to win at all costs even if it means making robbots to play. In Spain I already have my favourite Barca and dont want any spanish team near them. Forgive me Juventus sympathisers sorry I meant supporters. Please dont tounglash me if I ve terribly offended you with your team. am just a new comer in sports. Guide me
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by anobscase(m): 6:52pm On Mar 11, 2006
people dont beleive the gunners can rule the world.most of arsenal fans joined chelsea cos they just won the premier league.watch out and see the new gunners without vieira.though we have not benn good in the english legue.the champions league is a different ball game.If liverpool can beat Juve.why cant the Gunners do so
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by c0dec(m): 9:11pm On Mar 11, 2006
anobscase:

If liverpool can beat Juve.why can't the Gunners do so

pool didn't beat us. we beat ourselves. complacency was what killed us. this time will be very different.
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by bagoma(f): 12:37am On Mar 12, 2006
@ IBB, very funny cheesy cheesy, but you see[b] i always [/b] do that every now and then, i mean leave the other girls in the kitchen and sneak in here to say a few words. cheesy cheesy

i think you are new here, though. cool cheesy

you had better not speak from both sides of the mouth, o. wink cheesy
you are either for us or against us.

@ codec,
yeah, up super eagles! grin thanks for the link.
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by shadyBaba: 12:11pm On Mar 12, 2006
Pray and Pray and Pray for the Gunners downfall all ye' haters.wether or not they make it through,i will be with the Gunners even in heaven.And i bet yu man. we will surely make it through.
Re: It's Arsenal Against Juventus by SirKay3(m): 12:45pm On Mar 12, 2006
Everyday isnt Xmas, so football isnt about winning always, u win some, lose some. It pains seeing your dear club lose games they are not supposed to. That's football for you. When the blipping period comes, nobody can stop it pls.

You Chelsea fans, keep on enjoying your ABRAHAMOVIC millions, Real Madrid, Ajax, AC Milan were all like you before, where are they today.

Anybody who was once a GUNNER and left just because ARSENAL did not win the Premiership last year isnt a good supporter. Believe me, whether your team win or lose, you've got to stand by them always, that's the essence of being a supporter.

In fact my dressing isnt complete daily without having a stuff on me to show that am a GUNNER, everybody in my family too, my wife and kids all have their stuffs. We've got the BROOCHE, KEYRING, FAZECAP, SCARFS, MUFFLERS, KNAPSACK for my kids school, WRISTWATCH, TOWEL, JERSEYS, STICKERS, NECKHOLDER for ID cards, to mention a few. See what I mean.

Anytime, anyday am a GUNNER and sure would just ask us all to keep our fingers crossed, siddon look and wait till May when the EUFA Champ league Cup final will be played before saying anything.

ARSENAL is not all about Henry, wait and see what happens next season.

@ All GUNNERS out there, let's stand up for the true CHAMPIONS of English football.

GUNNERS forever

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Monterrey Vs Chelsea 1 - 3 On 13th December 2012 / Burnley Vs Manchester United ( 0 -1 ) On 20th January 2018 / Premier League Transfer Window Is Open! Who Do You Want Your Team To Sign?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.