Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? (8598 Views)

Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? / Can A Born Again Give A Head During Sex? / How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by Orikinla(m): 3:50pm On Nov 30, 2011
Will a born again Christian commit adultery?
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:05pm On Nov 30, 2011
[size=13pt]The answer to your question is simple dear . . . cheesy cheesy Yes , of course they'll surely do Adulteries even though they pretend so much while we all are in same gutter grin grin. Born Again is not an excuse they are all sinners but great pretenders. . . cheesy cheesy wink [/size]

Orikinla:

Will a born again Christian commit adultery?
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by Maykelly(f): 9:09am On Dec 01, 2011
Devil will always be a liar and a father of it.

A born again is someone who has put off the old man and thereby putting on the new man. In as much as an old wine cannot be mixed in a new wine, just like an old cloth cannot be joined to a new cloth so is the life of a born again.

The sinful nature (old man) has to do with fornication, adultery, lying, raping, stealing, serving devil, telling others to sin boldly, cheating, deceiving oneself, homesexual, man marring the same sex, malice, converteouness, anger, devilish, prostituting, human trackficking, bribe, corruption of all levels, evil government, witcraft, vising those with farmilar spirit, strife, emulations, drunkenness, hatred, seditions, speaking dirty words, bad jokes, using the name of God in vain, basphemy, uncleanness, muderers, abortions (whether your a man or woman) and many others.

Any one who still commits adultery or any of these is not a born again.
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by Eben2: 5:41pm On Dec 01, 2011
"Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God." 1John 3:9.

A true child (born-again) of God does not commit sin (adultary or what not). You will not understand until you experience that saving grace and power of God. I once thought i could not do without sleeping around (with both single and married) but when Jesus met my soul; He gave me victory over flesh and the life I live now, I live for the glory of God.

Notwithstanding, there are a lot of so-called Christians (pastors, choirs, church leaders and workers etc) today who have not really met the Lord or some are backsliden. You may see these kind of people messing around but dont be deceived for "by their fruits ye shall know them".

Shalom!
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by plappville(f): 9:21pm On Dec 01, 2011
Anyone who claim he/she is born again and still finds himself in the past, its a pretender.
A true born again is been given below by @ May kelly and @Eben 2.
Dont be dicieved at all, born again is live a sinfree life.
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by jayriginal: 9:54pm On Dec 01, 2011
Shed the hypocrisy and turn a new leaf. Christians more pious than those who front their holiness do fall to the pleasures of the flesh.
Unless you have been messing with second rate dudes, you will fall too (addressed to those females who have answered at this point).
First remove the Iroko tree from your eyes and afterwards shake of the scales. Only then will removing your blindfolds be effective.

Its very easy to judge !
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by claremont(m): 9:59pm On Dec 01, 2011
According to the bible, the so-called "loving" God can actually convict his children for even having thoughts of committing adultery without having indulged in the act itself. Religion, for some reason, abhors sex and issues that have to do with sex; yet, they are the same people who relish cutting off the Instruments of kids, and whose leaders have a fetish for sleeping with kids.
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by tpia5: 10:03pm On Dec 01, 2011
why is it "will" instead of "can"?

can a born again christian commit adultery- yes, if the person lacks wisdom.
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by italo: 11:53am On Dec 02, 2011
@eben 2, may kelly & plappville: are you guys born again?

If your answer is yes, are you then saying that since you became born again, you have not sinned?
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by Eben2: 5:30pm On Dec 02, 2011
italo:

@eben 2, may kelly & plappville: are you guys born again?

If your answer is yes, are you then saying that since you became born again, you have not sinned?

Yes italo! I am born-again!!! and i have such peace and joy in my heart that the world cannot experience. By the special grace of God I have been given victory over sin and self. Since i met the Lord, i have developed that special hatred for sin. Things i used to do, i do them no more; the words i used to speak, i speak them no more; the evil and wordly things i used to think of, i think them no more. Everyone around me can see that this is indeed a new man. It is the Lord's doing and its marvelous in our eyes.
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by HISchild: 6:34pm On Dec 02, 2011
Someone who is truly born of GOD is capable of falling into sin because he or she still lives in a body that is capable of sin when one takes one's eyes off the Lord JESUS CHRIST, which is a reason why The Lord says "Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak." - Matt 26:41.  However, a true child of GOD by HIS grace does not go on and on in sin as he/she would find it repugnant, and would be disturbed, and by GOD's mercy and grace, beseech The Lord JESUS CHRIST to continue to strengthen one (Phil 4:13).  

Paul, under the inspiration of the HOLY SPIRIT, testifies - "I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:  But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?" - Rom 7:21-24.

This is also evidenced by David, a son, servant and prophet of GOD falling into grievous sin  -
"For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest. Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me." - Psa 51:3-5

GOD chastens HIS own in faithfulness and righteousness, that they don't go on in sin. -
"For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.  If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?" - Heb 12:6-9

-----------
"What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.  Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?" - Rom 6:15-16
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by divineson: 7:55pm On Dec 02, 2011
if as a born-again you still sleeping with other men's wife, you are really a wicked soul that need to repent of such gravious sin before the devil gives you a public disgrace while you are enjoying the hellish pleasure, because JESUS STILL LOVES YOU CONFESS THE SECRET SIN TO HIM AND TELL HIM YOU ARE READY TO STOP IT THAT HE SHOULD HELP YOU, BEFORE THE DEVIL SPOILS YOUR IMAGE.
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by italo: 4:27pm On Dec 03, 2011
Eben 2:

Yes italo! I am born-again!!! and i have such peace and joy in my heart that the world cannot experience. By the special grace of God I have been given victory over sin and self. Since i met the Lord, i have developed that special hatred for sin. Things i used to do, i do them no more; the words i used to speak, i speak them no more; the evil and wordly things i used to think of, i think them no more. Everyone around me can see that this is indeed a new man. It is the Lord's doing and its marvelous in our eyes.

Your first five words answered the question: "are you born-again?".

But for the question: "have you sinned since you became born-again?", you have used more than 100 words and you still didn't answer the question.

So I ask again (and pls stop this your deliberate attempt to evade the question, behave like a christian that you claim to be and answer the question - a 'YES' or 'NO' will do incase you don't know any other way to answer clearly).

SINCE THE DAY YOU BECAME BORN-AGAIN, HAVE yOU COMMITTED A SIN?
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 03, 2011
[size=13pt]Just don't entrust your wife or husband with anyone.
Born again christians are worse than pagans, this is because we know what pagans can do so we watch our backs while we are with the pagans, but the born again christians are the most dangerous to deal with, because on the outside they claim that are following Christ but on the inside they are ferocious wolves.[/size]
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by Sinachay: 4:55am On Dec 04, 2011
MrBible:

[size=30pt]Just don't entrust your wife or husband with anyone.
Born again christians are worse than pagans, this is because we know what pagans can do so we watch our backs while we are with the pagans, but the born again christians are the most dangerous to deal with, because on the outside they claim that are following Christ but on the inside they are ferocious wolves.
[/size]

Gbamkiti Gbam Gbam!
Especially all these cyber ones from NL qne other Nigerian websites/message boards! wink

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Show me a born-again Christian. . . I will show you the devil on 2 legs!
TWA!
They preach against all kinds of things but are the worst in everything.The greatest pretenders.
The ONLY group of people I will NEVER allow in my home with all their Ogboni-Okija Christian worshipping.
Before all my children fall sick with witchcraft! Or I mysteriously end up as a widow like one of time soooooooo good the art of 'husband/wife killing'!
They are sooooooooooooooo jealous? shocked
Forget that 'loving thy neighbour as thineself' booolsheet o!
AT YOUR OWN RISK. . .IF THEY DO NOT HAVE MEN IN THEIR LIVES FOR CONSTANT PHOCKING!
Beware of BORN-AGAIN WIDOS AND DIVORCEES!!!! Chei!!!!
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by otokx(m): 8:29am On Dec 04, 2011
nice reply by His child.
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by italo: 8:31am On Dec 04, 2011
@may kelly, eben 2 & plappville, I am still awaiting your answers.

Since the day you became born again, have you committed any sin?
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by juventino: 4:49pm On Dec 04, 2011
italo:

But for the question: "have you sinned since you became born-again?", you have used more than 100 words and you still didn't answer the question.

So I ask again (and pls stop this your deliberate attempt to evade the question, behave like a christian that you claim to be and answer the question - a 'YES' or 'NO' will do incase you don't know any other way to answer clearly).

i beg, help me ask am well well.
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by Matnat(m): 12:04am On Dec 05, 2011
No Child of God will sin (enjoy sin and sinning) but every Child of God can (have tendency to) sin, which is why The Bible is loaded with 'beware; be watchful; be sober; be vigilant; take heed. . .' SHALOM.
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by HISchild: 1:11am On Dec 05, 2011
@otokx, "Let GOD be magnified"

smiley
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by Eben2: 6:37pm On Dec 05, 2011
italo:

My dear italo, If you cannot see the answer you want from my reply, i wouldn't be surprised. It will be strange to you unless you have the experience. Accept Jesus today and you will obtain victory over sin and self.

Shalom!
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by plappville(f): 11:41pm On Dec 05, 2011
@italo, i believe i ve already answer u in the other thread.
I will repost it here if u want: A born again has no interest to sin, when u throw away your old clothes, will u go back searching at the bin to rewear it? Its also like eating ones vomit. We can overcome sin if we are vigilant enogh, and this is by Gods grace.

See what the scriptures teaches, and i believe every born-again put this in practice.

1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
I keep moving with this very verse, all by his grace, "not commit sin" "Gods seed remaineth in him" If take excuse to sin, that seed wont remain anymore.
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by italo: 7:41am On Dec 06, 2011
@eben 2 & plappville,

With all due respect, I'm not asking you what the bible says or how a born-again should conduct himself or herself. I'm asking each of you a direct personal question:

Have you eben 2/plappville committed any sin since the day you became born again? YES or NO!

Why is it so difficult to answer?
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by plappville(f): 11:27am On Dec 06, 2011
@italo, read ur bible well u will see that our Lord alawys answer question with the word
It is "writen" if u ve come across him answered any question with yes or no give me the verse.
Not all question deserved yes or no on like this. So my answer still remains.

1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: "and he cannot sin", because he is born of God.

Tell me u dont believe this verse.
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by Eben2: 12:04pm On Dec 06, 2011
@italo,

If i give you a 'Yes' or 'No' answer, I feel you will still not understand or be satisfied. Moreover, it will not make you to believe me or the gospel. Notwithstanding, those who knew the old me and the new me (my wife inclusive) will be able to testify to what God has done in my life.

By His grace, sin has been rebuked in my life and it shall not have dominion over me again, Amen. You can experience this too; just come to Jesus!
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by italo: 1:41pm On Dec 06, 2011
To tell the truth, as a christian, I am ashamed of both of you. @eben 2, when I asked if you were born again, you said yes. All of a sudden, you can't say yes or no because I won't understand or be satisfied. You are the kind of people that drag christianity in the mud, so fraudulent. You're telling me to come to Jesus but you can't be honest enough to answer this simple question.

If I didn't know Jesus and you were trying to convert me, and I read the bible and saw where Jesus said I am the way, the truth and the life, and I see that there's no truth in you, what kind of example would you be setting. That's why they ridicule christians that we preach one thing and practise the opposite. You are good examples of that. You preach honesty but you're full of deceit.

Since you became born-again, have you sinned?
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by maclatunji: 3:44pm On Dec 06, 2011
I just wonder how many of the regular Romance section posters are very good church-going, born-again Christians?
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by debosky(m): 4:00pm On Dec 06, 2011
These half baked Christians who are trying to cover their own sin by quoting the bible.

1 John 2:1

My dear children, I am writing this to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate who pleads our case before the Father. He is Jesus Christ, the one who is truly righteous.

So YES - a 'born again' Christian can commit adultery.
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by maclatunji: 4:43pm On Dec 06, 2011
^^^How very insightful.
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 06, 2011
debosky:

These half baked Christians who are trying to cover their own sin by quoting the bible.

1 John 2:1

My dear children, I am writing this to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate who pleads our case before the Father. He is Jesus Christ, the one who is truly righteous.

So YES - a 'born again' Christian can commit adultery.

You had to wrench this out of context to come to this conclusion.

What type of SIN was been referred to here. 

He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work. - 1 John 3 :8

Ephesians 5:3 - But among you there must not be even a hint of intimate immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people.

In other words a Christian who consistently practises adultery has lost and denied the faith.
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by debosky(m): 6:26pm On Dec 06, 2011
frosbel:

You had to wrench this out of context to come to this conclusion.

What type of SIN was been referred to here. 

He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work. - 1 John 3 :8

Ephesians 5:3 - But among you there must not be even a hint of intimate immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people.

Nothing is being 'wrenched out of context' here sir. The very verse I quoted states clearly that the reason for the letter is for people not to sin in the first place.

Going back to 1 John 3:8, can adultery be called 'what is sinful'? Yes - that is the test that it needs to pass.

With regards to Ephesians 5:3, with due respect, no type of sin is proper for God's holy people so I don't get the point you're trying to pass across. I am not endorsing adultery in any form, but can it happen to a born again Christian? Yes!

If it wasn't something that could happen, there wouldn't be all the warnings against falling, fleeing from sin and being careful in the first place.

In other words a Christian who consistently practises adultery has lost and denied the faith.

You are answering a DIFFERENT question my friend. The question was whether a born again Christian will commit adultery, he is not talking about 'consistently practising' adultery. Whether it be one or 'consistently' it is still adultery in this case.
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by Eben2: 9:29pm On Dec 08, 2011
To my friends: italo & co,

My heart goes out to you and I so much pray that God will open your mind to understand the mind and word of God.
Whatever you say or made to believe; it will not stop God from being God and His Words will stand true. He is no respecter of person. So, no matter whom you are or what you are made to believe; He will do what He says He would do.

He said in Heb 12:14 – ‘’follow peace will all men and holiness without which no man shall see the Lord’’. ‘’And there shall in no wise enter into it anything that defileth, neither [whatsoever] worketh abomination, or [maketh] a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb’s book of life.’’ Rev 21:27.

If your goal as a Christian is to make heaven, then, the above scriptures tell you what you need to do to get there. You must be holy. ‘’Be ye holy for I am holy’’. No unclean thing will enter into the kingdom of God. That is the standard of God! He will not lower it because of anyone. If you are still interested in hanging on to your loads of sin, then am afraid my friend, you’re not ready for heaven. No wonder the Lord Jesus said: ‘’narrow is the way and straight is the gate that leads to life eternal’’ It means that way will not contain you and your loads of sin. God’s standard is so high that He considers lust as adultery and disobedience and as the sin of idolatry. ‘’Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place? He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.’’ Pls 24:3,4.

Purgatory will not save you. ‘’The soul that sinneth, it shall die’’ God told this to our fore-father (Adam) but the devil deceived him and told him it was a lie. But, they found it to be true when it was too late. ‘’it is appointed unto man once to die and after that judgement’’. Yoruba would say : a o ni je adorun mooto. May you not be someone that will accept the truth only after death. Amen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Listen To Pastor Adeboye's Preaching Here! / Amazing Facts About The Pope, Roman Catholic Church And The Vatican / Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.