Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:54 PM

Power Supply To Increase By 600MW This Month - FG - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Power Supply To Increase By 600MW This Month - FG (5875 Views)

Fuel Imports Increase By 78 Million / FG Says Power Generation Hits All-Time High At 4,600MW / Non-oil Exports Increase By 16% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Supply To Increase By 600MW This Month - FG by Beaf: 3:21am On Dec 01, 2011
[size=14pt]Power supply to increase by 600MW this month -FG [/size]
Written by Paschal Okeke, Abuja Thursday, 01 December 2011

THE Federal Government plans to add 600 megawatts to the national grid this month, to meet the target it set for itself with regards to  electricity supply.

The Chief Executive Officer of the Shiroro hydro power station, Mr Daudu Abdulaziz, made the disclosure when the Minister of State for Power, Mr Darius Ishaku, made a routine tour of the station.

Abdulaziz said the 600megawatts was coming from Shiroro hydro power station where an abandoned unit had been overhauled and is ready for operation.

The minister commended the CEO and staff of the power station for the overhauling of the gas turbine, and advised them to ensure that they become part of the history in the making in that sector .

On the issue of privatisation, the minister told them that the Federal Government’s privatisation exercise was with a human face, urging them to ensure that their allotted shares in the privatised entities were fully made use of.

He said the technical staff would be needed to continue the work, hence the setting up of the National Power Training Institute of Nigeria for training of personnel in the power sector

According to him “the government is making the institute a world-class manpower capacity building centre for a sector that will determine the growth and development of Nigeria.”

He noted that the deployment of soldiers in power stations nationwide was government’s proactive response to the security of life and property of its citizens, stressing that “no responsible government will fold its arms and relax on the issue of security of its huge investments.”

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/32118-power-supply-to-increase-by-600mw-this-month-fg
Re: Power Supply To Increase By 600MW This Month - FG by Beaf: 4:58am On Dec 01, 2011
Another nice one. That will take us very close to 5000MW, if all goes well, there will be minimal blackouts during the xmas - new year period.
Fresh Air! cool
Re: Power Supply To Increase By 600MW This Month - FG by 9ja4eva: 5:02am On Dec 01, 2011
Hope it works out.

I am tried of Mr President's talk talk.

Some action will do.
Re: Power Supply To Increase By 600MW This Month - FG by Mcleo007(m): 5:47am On Dec 01, 2011
I hope this is true.

Re: Power Supply To Increase By 600MW This Month - FG by dustydee: 7:31am On Dec 01, 2011
5000-2600=2400. close to 5000MW indeed. I hope it is not a scam like the December date given 2years ago.
Re: Power Supply To Increase By 600MW This Month - FG by Beaf: 7:52am On Dec 01, 2011
dustydee:

5000-2600=2400. close to 5000MW indeed. I hope it is not a scam like the December date given 2years ago.

The article is talking about this month and yet you mention some nebulous unfulfilled promise from the past. This month has only 31 days, ok?
Let us draw notes in a few days time. Simples.
Re: Power Supply To Increase By 600MW This Month - FG by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 01, 2011
Let them do it first. *folds arms*
Re: Power Supply To Increase By 600MW This Month - FG by midep: 8:32am On Dec 01, 2011
Another fresh lie ko ? 600MW ko, 600 MW nin
Re: Power Supply To Increase By 600MW This Month - FG by Demdem(m): 8:44am On Dec 01, 2011
Will give my comments if i can get this info from another source except Tribune and Thisday. Useless Papers.
Re: Power Supply To Increase By 600MW This Month - FG by sheyguy: 9:46am On Dec 01, 2011
They can add 600MW i know it is within their reach it has always been.
let's wait and see how it works out, goodluck to Barth Nnaji and his team.
I hope his Generator-importing hommies don't go against him on this one.
@beaf, u finally have good reasons to blow ur Nairaland trumphet . . . . . more grease to ur "PDP" elbow . . . . .Lol

As a matter of fact we should have a Nigerian guiness book of record for political and national achievement related record on Nairaland here. . . . . LOL
Re: Power Supply To Increase By 600MW This Month - FG by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 01, 2011
Am not asking for this big numbers, just give me light for Night cos Generator noise no gree me sleep for night. Abeg just give me light from 7pm to 8am. Thats all. You can keep the 5000 Mega bite or mini chew
Re: Power Supply To Increase By 600MW This Month - FG by Natasha2(f): 10:08am On Dec 01, 2011
great news at least we are enjoying voltage already cheesy
Re: Power Supply To Increase By 600MW This Month - FG by Kx: 10:13am On Dec 01, 2011
FG is making progress.
At least they is a shift. The promises are now coming with timelines.
Whether they turn out to be achievable within the set timeline is a different case.
Otherwise, it just might be an addition to the long list of empty promises.
Re: Power Supply To Increase By 600MW This Month - FG by kulutempa: 10:15am On Dec 01, 2011
Government to do this, government to do that.  The TOTO Government strikes again.
Re: Power Supply To Increase By 600MW This Month - FG by kevoh(m): 10:22am On Dec 01, 2011
Even though there has been a regular steady supply of electricity in my area in abuja I still don't believe this their 'story story'. I just pray Nepa disappoints me.
Re: Power Supply To Increase By 600MW This Month - FG by executinal(m): 10:25am On Dec 01, 2011
Nice one wink
kevoh:

Even though there has been a regular steady supply of electricity in my area in abuja I still don't believe this their 'story story'. I just pray Nepa disappoints me.
you just pray Nepa disappoint you?
Re: Power Supply To Increase By 600MW This Month - FG by Sike(m): 10:30am On Dec 01, 2011
Oh God, let this one come to pass oh! *kneeling*
Re: Power Supply To Increase By 600MW This Month - FG by emmke(m): 10:36am On Dec 01, 2011
the ordinary nigerian on the streets do not understand the term megawatt. promise an average of 12-18 hrs power supply daily for all. Makes more sense.
Re: Power Supply To Increase By 600MW This Month - FG by HisMajesty1(m): 10:40am On Dec 01, 2011
Na 2day? Nawa for govt oo, giving us this kain big lie as december gift.
Re: Power Supply To Increase By 600MW This Month - FG by vitality22(m): 10:51am On Dec 01, 2011
His Majesty:

Na 2day? Nawa for govt oo, giving us this kain big lie as december gift.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Power Supply To Increase By 600MW This Month - FG by initiator(m): 10:51am On Dec 01, 2011
To imagine that the power in my area has gotten worse in recent times
Re: Power Supply To Increase By 600MW This Month - FG by Konnektions146(m): 11:31am On Dec 01, 2011
they re really tryin. i am feeling the gradual improvement with respect to power supply. i dont expect a dranstic change, its gradual and i hope it gets better . i believe!!!
Re: Power Supply To Increase By 600MW This Month - FG by kevoh(m): 11:37am On Dec 01, 2011
executinal:

Nice one winkyou just pray Nepa disappoint you?

I pray they disappoint me meaning as I don't believe this talk of 600MW if at the end of the day they truly deliver the 600MW then they've proved me wrong.
Re: Power Supply To Increase By 600MW This Month - FG by tainot2002(m): 11:49am On Dec 01, 2011
Fold my arms first, lets see the action coming before will praise them.Sick and tired of their noise jorrrrr!
Re: Power Supply To Increase By 600MW This Month - FG by GChux1: 12:28pm On Dec 01, 2011
All talk as usual, angry. As long as I can't get simple light to iron my shirts, it's all crapola.
Re: Power Supply To Increase By 600MW This Month - FG by Reptyle(m): 12:45pm On Dec 01, 2011
Singing *Wake me up, when December ends*

For a government that has no record of fulfilling promises, the kind of headline I will celebrate is:

"Power Supply HAS Increased By 600MW"

Enough of the bubuyaya promises!!!!
Re: Power Supply To Increase By 600MW This Month - FG by Baawaa(m): 12:46pm On Dec 01, 2011
This is a big lie,there is no election now,assuming  there is election i believe them,
Re: Power Supply To Increase By 600MW This Month - FG by YEMOYEMI: 1:45pm On Dec 01, 2011
REVOLUTION! REVOLUTION!! REVOLUTION!!! By simple arithemtic, it means 'they' are generating 400K MW. I can bet you power supply in Ojodu/Berger areas is worse now than ever before. This is the worse goverment I have seen in this country. GEJ cabinet is full of incompetent i**dots. I looked at some of them on TV and wondered where the clowns are from.
Re: Power Supply To Increase By 600MW This Month - FG by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 1:52pm On Dec 01, 2011
HNosegbe:

Let them do it first. *folds arms*
Re: Power Supply To Increase By 600MW This Month - FG by benabbey(m): 3:16pm On Dec 01, 2011
Where is the power in Ibadan or Osogbo or lagos. People Deceiving Party
Re: Power Supply To Increase By 600MW This Month - FG by yrunvus: 3:24pm On Dec 01, 2011
So It's either the FG is lying or the newspapers did not understand the information they received

Shiroro runs on 4 units x 150 mw Generators , in actuality, only one unit was abandoned and overhauled and thats what the article stated, So the truth to the matter is they are actually restoring the availability of an existing capacity of 150 mw only and not 600mw
Re: Power Supply To Increase By 600MW This Month - FG by otokx(m): 3:35pm On Dec 01, 2011
story, story.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vietnam Stopped Issuing Visas To West African Travellers Because Of Ebola / How To Become A 1xbet Agent In Nigeria / Nigeria’s Oil Reserves Dropped By 543 Million Barrels - OPEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.