Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,587 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law (15800 Views)

Emefiele Should Resign - Save Nigeria Anti-Corruption Initiative / Politicisation Of Boko Haram Insurgency, Bane Of Nigeria’s Anti-terror Fight / Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 01, 2011
izunned:

Most of these foreign guys that support these rubbish are occult men. Do they mean any rubbish anyone chose, the person should be allowed to carry on with that? Then why do we prosecute rubbers and kidnappers? Is that not what they have chosen? according to these silly foreigners we should also allow them to carry on.God forbid evil. Homosexuality and lesbianism are terrible evil.

Do you see where your problem is? You cannot reason through. Who are those that practice occults than those passing the bills and the religion leaders? Arm robbers and Kidnappers are problem to the society because both harm innocent people on the streets, so they are constituting nuisance. Unlike Kidnappers and thieves man-lover people don't insults people on the streets, they don't force people to join them but only on consented decisions by both people with similar intimate orientation, etc. And, they might even be the best law abiding people. I don't understand because your religion shiit (Christianity and Islam, which are something borrowed by Nigerians)or something doesn't seem conventional to your doctrines means it should be punished with such a long term jail sentence.  shocked shocked shocked.

Not until this primitive way of approach to things in Nigeria and many societies in the world are addressed from a reasonable perspective the most ignorant of the ignorance would always think he/she is always right in his/her sense. Haven't they been in Nigerian society? That's the question that need an answer. The NASS are supposed to be the people to enlighten the society about who the homosexuals are because they mean not harm to people.

On  man-lover marriages, I think it should be something that need thorough scrutiny before allowing it in any society rather than passing a bill banning it with long term jail sentences. It is ridiculous and absurd to completely decide the faith of this group of people who have common intimate orientation to be deemed evils,satanic and dangerous without evidences. There are no proofs whatsoever to ascertain that homosexuals are the problems in our society rather, the leaders who pass the bill are the criminals, the devils and those who keep the nation from moving forward. They are so barbaric in nature that every barbaric idea seems right to them.

Please, try to answer the questions I ask in this comment.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 01, 2011
bamosagie:

Homosexuality is actually a crime in Nigeria, it is in the constitution. let's see the window of opportunity opening those seeking asylum, British government should grant asylum on humanitarian ground to all liable to be persecuted as a result of this law.
When has it been a crime in Nigeria? Where in the constitution that lays claim to that? Not until recently, when religion is dictating for our politicians.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Cupidkc(m): 7:34pm On Dec 01, 2011
So Britain still thinks that the can order Nigeria around. Well,lets not be fast to conclude, GEJ may not finally sign this into law,due to pressure from Britain.
What an 'independence indeed'.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Nobody: 7:39pm On Dec 01, 2011
Cupidkc:

So Britain still thinks that the can order Nigeria around. Well,lets not be fast to conclude, GEJ may not finally sign this into law,due to pressure from Britain.
What an 'independence indeed'.

Indeed, I would like to know why most people in Nigeria are against gay people? What are the evidences that they are threats to the society morally?Please, I want some answers to those questions rather than following the bandwagon with no clues.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by occam(m): 7:42pm On Dec 01, 2011
mikepeace:

In other word u support man-love men abi?

I believe fervently in Freedom of choice. Yes, I support g.ay and lesbian rights. Two consenting adults have the right to have sex in their bedroom or live together if they choose to.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 01, 2011
[quote ]

Amnesty International also raised concerns that individuals could face imprisonment based mere assumption of intimate orientation or gender identity, or as a result of allegations about their relationship status or consensual intimate conduct. [b]It also said the action would frustrate Nigeria’s efforts to prevent HIV transmission [/b]since the law would further force homosexuals to continue to operate in secret.

[quote][/quote]

please what does the bolded statement mean or imply?
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 01, 2011
^^^
In other words, if the gay people have AIDS or are HIV positive, they wouldn't be able to speak up due to their sexual orientation(which the public is against) and thereby spread AIDS/HIV in secrecy because they might not have access to cheap drugs subsidized by the govt or NGOs.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by humblebee: 8:15pm On Dec 01, 2011
all4naija:

Indeed, I would like to know why most people in Nigeria are against man-lover people? What are the evidences that they are threats to the society morally?Please, I want some answers to those questions rather than following the bandwagon with no clues.

i would like to know why you support it? of what benefit has it been to the countries practicing it. did you read about a several incidents of teens shooting man-loving-men in schools. its another avenue for increase in hate crime/attacks. im not saying it should not be allowed because of this but im saying we have better things to fix before bringing this into out society. The British asking us to pass a bill against our culture should know that we are not ripe for such, did they start practicing same sex marriage when they were developing or after attaining reasonable stage of development.

and i say to them that we have every right to choose what we want in our constitution since oct 1st 1963, so they can only advice and they can not impose anything on us anymore, so whatever aid they want to hand out, they should keep it. can they try this with other countries. Even France has not legalized same sex so why are they imposing it on us and the Australia behind them has restrictions to it, one party has to change his/her gender which disqualifies all your previous documents, its like starting your life all over
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 01, 2011
@humblebee

I have explained that before because they are harmless, and it is their individualism as what they choose to engage their sex life with order than not disturbing or being dangerous  to the society. I think, we are of the same page. I even made it clear that on man-lover marriage(which is different from being man-lover) that it should be well scrutinized before allowing it in any society. I am not listening to what Cameron is saying,although, he said that on the interest of protecting these defenseless individuals in our society. The immediate problems of Nigeria is the leadership and corruption, infrastructure to security.

They never said Nigeria should legalize man-lover marriage but the banning through long term jail sentences prove a different thing because man-lover marriage has never be on board not until NASS came up with the idea to punish these innocent individuals in our society. You get it now?

However, there are many social issues that needed attention if homosexuals is to be addressed on a fair ground, like alcoholism, cigarette addition, throwing tantrum,etc which might seem harmless to the society yet don't seem different from these man-lover individuals crimes. Come on! 

I know you haven't been reading my comments.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by UyiIredia(m): 8:39pm On Dec 01, 2011
all4naija:

@humblebee

I have explained that before because they are harmless, and it is their individualism as what they choose to engage their sex life with order than not disturbing or being dangerous  to the society. I think, we are of the same page. I even made it clear that on man-lover marriage(which is different from being man-lover) that it should be well scrutiny before allowing it in any society. I am not listening to what Cameron is saying,although, he said that on the interest of protecting these defenseless individuals in our society. The immediate problems of Nigeria is the leadership and corruption, infrastructure to security.

They never said Nigeria should legalize man-lover marriage but the banning through long term jail sentences prove a different thing because man-lover marriage has never be on board not until NASS came up with the idea to punish these innocent individuals in our society. You get it now?

However, there are many social issues that needed attention if homosexuals is to be addressed on a fair ground, like alcoholism, cigarette addition, throwing tantrum,etc which might seem harmless to the society yet don't seem different from these man-lover individuals crimes. Come on! 

I know you haven't been reading my comments.

Agree with all said except the bolded. I hope you h0m0sexuality tampers with with a primordial mode of existence: marital union. I do not wish it allowed because that will most likely lead to it being placed side-by-side with marital union, or possibly above it. It's more than just $exual pleasure.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by deadie(m): 8:44pm On Dec 01, 2011
It is sad know the priorities of my people, really sad.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by jmoore(m): 8:45pm On Dec 01, 2011
Britain and Amnesty International, the world human right organization. How many times have these countries and organizations come out to defend the murder of unborn babies(abortion)? Countries like England have legalized abortion. Can you imagine a government making it a law for babies in the womb to be killed? That's what exactly is happening in this country and the foolish amnesty and other organizations have not come in defense of these innocent babies.

The organizations and other pro-Same-sex have showed ignorance in the bill to be passed. The bill is against same sex marriage and not the Same-sex act. Marriage is a union between a man and a woman!!! Leave marriage alone, that's what the bill is saying.

Even in western countries like USA, the last time I checked only 6 states in USA legalized same sex marriage out of 50 states.

I think UK Prime minister Cameron is trying to bully by withholding aids. We do not need the aids. If he was that serious, he should sanction Nigeria government by cutting all business relations with Nigeria including private UK oil firms, let's see who will be on the loosing end?
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 01, 2011
[size=28pt]Independence ko, black nations ni![/size]

Imperialism is still in full effect. Its dehumanizing and disgusting how the United Nations may give 'AID' to predominately black countries and feel some sort of entitlement to tell them how to govern their countries and how to feel "or else". Smh . They spitefully revoked visas of prominant jamaicans because they refused to speak out against homophobia and threatened to withold aid from uganda if the president passed the "homosexuality is a crime" bill. Im not for persecution of g@ys but its messed up when you think about the repercussions black people have to face if we and the west do not see eye to eye. Smh.  tongue
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 01, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

Agree with all said except the bolded. I hope you h0m0sexuality tampers with with a primordial mode of existence: marital union. I do not wish it allowed because that will most likely lead to it being placed side-by-side with marital union, or possibly above it. It's more than just $exual pleasure.
Not on man-lover but you are on about man-lover marriage. Everything comes to be at some point in time - even the marital union or wedlock which you so much attached importance to through the term 'primordial'. Not because something seems tampering with the conventional, although, man-lover is harmless should be the yardstick to view this issue. In other words, there are different marriages! So, that doesn't justify the punishment metes for these individuals and the idea that ushers the thoughts about bill by NASS at this point in time.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Sagamite(m): 8:52pm On Dec 01, 2011
occam:

Homosexuality is not a criminal act. Two consenting adults engaged in any form of relationship is nobody's business. This is such a retrogressive law and it's no different from Sharia Law. Let this guys be. Are man-lover men disturbing anyone? are they the cause of all the problems facing this country?

More of the useless moronic arguments!
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by walmed: 8:54pm On Dec 01, 2011
Neocolonialism, fifty years after he  stepped aside the white man still wants to teach us how to run our lives. Destroying the unity of this country by thoughtless amalgamation and implementation of divide and rule among us is'nt enough, 'not cordoning' our collective resolve is the new thing.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by numo86(m): 8:56pm On Dec 01, 2011
atheism has eaten deep into there heads thats why they dont understand Gods standards anymore, God in d beginnin as they wil doubt it made man and woman and yoked them, but now na man vs man,woman vs woman, and they want to shove it right in d ass of nigeria, i jus tire for themmm, wel i'm nt surprised, satan rules d world, !!!!
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by UyiIredia(m): 8:56pm On Dec 01, 2011
jmoore:

Britain and Amnesty International, the world human right organization. How many times have these countries and organizations come out to defend the murder of unborn babies(abortion)? Countries like England have legalized abortion. Can you imagine a government making it a law for babies in the womb to be killed? Thats what exactly is happening in this country and the foolish amnesty and other organizations have not come in defense of these innocent babies.

Good point !

jmoore:
The orgnaizations and other pro-Same-sex have showed ignorance in the bill to be passed. The bill is against same sex marriage and not the Same-sex act. Marriage is a union between a man and a woman!!! Leave marriage alone, that's what the bill is saying.

And my ignorance has been eradicated. I agree. Marriage should definitely be left alone.

all4naija:

Not on man-lover but you are on about man-lover marriage. Everything comes to be at some point in time - even the marital union or wedlock which so attached important through the term 'primordial'. Not because something seems tampering with the conventional, although, man-lover is harmless should be the yardstick to view this issue. In other words, there are different marriages! So, that doesn't justify the punishment metes for these individuals and the idea that ushers the thoughts about bill by NASS at this point in time.

Given the religio-cultural nature of this nation that punishment is quite justified. Sorry, but I do not think it is harmless given the fact that there are different marriages.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Handsomeemmy(m): 9:00pm On Dec 01, 2011
The british govt, amesnety international and all supporters of gay can decide to go to hell or better still, hug 13kva transformer on a raining day, Simple question to ask them 1= Do animals that we feel are less sane than human practice this act? Are they not sane animals not sane enough to know that its not right? 2= If there father were to be gay , will there be anyone like cameron or the high commissioner? Fools fools
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Sagamite(m): 9:02pm On Dec 01, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

I think that can be easily worked out. I am a fan of Elton John. My advice to the UK ambassador, keep off. I must say though I find the term harsh, just like the ones against polyandry and other marital misdemeanors.

I must agree! grin grin grin grin grin grin

14 YEARS! shocked No be beans o.

For a first offence? It would have made rational if the first offence is a heavy fine (like a year's salary) and the second 5 years.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Sagamite(m): 9:06pm On Dec 01, 2011
bamosagie:

Homosexuality is actually a crime in Nigeria, it is in the constitution. let's see the window of opportunity opening those seeking asylum, British government should grant asylum on humanitarian ground to all liable to be persecuted prosecuted as a result of this law.

Your grammar is corrected!
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 01, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

Good point !

And my ignorance has been eradicated. I agree. Marriage should definitely be left alone.

Given the religio-cultural nature of this nation that punishment is quite justified. Sorry, but I do not think it is harmless given the fact that there are different marriages.
Why is it justifiable for religion and culture which are foreign? Then we should scrutinize other issues further like those I mention in my previous comment if you are alluding to the religion-cultural background of our society. Then, we should ask why are foreign religions gaining ground if we so much attach important to our religion/cultural naunces?
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Sagamite(m): 9:10pm On Dec 01, 2011
all4naija:

Why is it justifiable for religion and culture which are foreign? Then we should scrutinize other issues further like those I mention in my previous comment if you are alluding to the religion-cultural background of our society. Then, we should ask why are foreign religions gaining ground if we so much attach important to our religion/cultural naunces?

You are a cretin!

Sane and sensible people can scrutinise issues concurrently.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Funkymallam(m): 9:12pm On Dec 01, 2011
Latest Qoutes.

'They can go to hell with their aids to Nigeria' - David Mark. . . Sen President.

'The law is irrevocable' - GEJ

Enuf Balls mennnn grin grin grin
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Sagamite(m): 9:15pm On Dec 01, 2011
Funkymallam:

Latest Qoutes.

'They can go to hell with their aids to Nigeria' - David Mark. . . Sen President.

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOT5l9Pkm0U[/flash]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 01, 2011
Funkymallam:

Latest Qoutes.

Lol,  Maybe he has no money in Brits bank accounts! grin grin grin. Hahaha,
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by JAZES(m): 9:18pm On Dec 01, 2011
I reserve my comment till i hear GEJ talk
after this stupid oyinbo man don talk.

Waiting patiently for SEASON 2
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by JAZES(m): 9:19pm On Dec 01, 2011
Funkymallam:

Latest Qoutes.

Did GEJ actually say that? shocked shocked shocked
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by abenelo: 9:24pm On Dec 01, 2011
Uk, Armnesty International all pro homosexual entities can go to blazes. We are Africans and we don't recognize such relationships.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by abenelo: 9:26pm On Dec 01, 2011
Uk, Armnesty International all pro homosexual entities can go to blazes. We are Africans and we don't recognize such relationships.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by 2mch(m): 9:30pm On Dec 01, 2011
Quite frankly, i dont really care about the bill. But i am happy Nigeria is rejecting the AID. AID to African countries is the biggest travesty. It is the beginning of corruption and laziness. It has only set us back 1000 years. So to me, removal of AID is a welcome development. AID is modern day slavery. Because of peanuts these people control our economies and what we do with our resources. The irony is, if we stop being greedy we are far richer than they are. Please someone should reming us what britain actually produces to be giving us AID. Am sure they can make good use of their AID. A small island of how many controlling a nation of 150million. CHAI! we have suffered because of greed.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Funkymallam(m): 9:44pm On Dec 01, 2011
JAZES:

Did GEJ actually say that? shocked shocked shocked

Yes o bros, on d NTA ntwrk news.
Supee + dan daudu = 14 yrs baby grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Restructuring Will Spell Doom For Nigeria - Wakili / Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu Campaigns In Esan Central & North East Wards (Photos) / 2023: Compensate South-East With VP Position - Ohuabunwa Tells PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.