Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,565 members, 7,801,601 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law (15793 Views)

Emefiele Should Resign - Save Nigeria Anti-Corruption Initiative / Politicisation Of Boko Haram Insurgency, Bane Of Nigeria’s Anti-terror Fight / Obama Fights Nigerian Anti-man-lover Bill, Threatens To Cut Off Aid - Forbes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Chiori(m): 9:47pm On Dec 01, 2011
Amnesty Int'l and UK should go lick their piss. Do states not also have right. Look, in the international system, states have the right to determine what will be practiced within their borders, and no one should stand to dictate or suggest. Homosexuality is the new weapon to propagate neo-colonialism, as well as get us Nigeria to catch the bug of judgment witnessed in the West. They should sit down and take stock of the natural disasters they have recorded, and they would know it is an expression of God's displeasure. If Cameron wants to be loud mouthed, then let him go ask the Royal Family to come out openly to support homosexuality.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by 2mch(m): 9:50pm On Dec 01, 2011
Funkymallam:

Yes o bros, on d NTA ntwrk news.
Supee + dan daudu = 14 yrs baby grin grin grin

grin grin grin cheesy, Experience talking. How do you know their names? But funky mallam, are dan daudu's not a cultural thing in the north? Or does the North assume that men that dress like women and do funny stuffs are not man-lover? Or are they eunuchs? . Funny that you should laugh at your culture. lmao at dan daudu. rotfl.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by daviesmania(m): 9:59pm On Dec 01, 2011
4uk Amnesty international, the shld go say de same 2 de middle-east
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by xterra2(m): 10:16pm On Dec 01, 2011
this man should go sit down
yeye britian
they threatened to stop giving us Aid make una carry your aid waka
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Funkymallam(m): 10:17pm On Dec 01, 2011
2mch:

grin grin grin cheesy, Experience talking. How do you know their names? But funky mallam, are dan daudu's not a cultural thing in the north? Or does the North assume that men that dress like women and do funny stuffs are not man-lover? Or are they eunuchs? . Funny that you should laugh at your culture. lmao at dan daudu. rotfl.

Talking of xperience, hw do u knw dia names if u r not xperienced? cheesy
Kai dan iska! Dan daudu is not my culture, infact here it is punishable by stonning to death not dat miserable 14yrs grin grin grin
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by omoalaro: 10:23pm On Dec 01, 2011
occam (m)« #33 on: Today at 05:43:17 PM »

Homosexuality is not a criminal act. Two consenting adults engaged in any form of relationship is nobody's business. This is such a retrogressive law and it's no different from Sharia Law. Let this guys be. Are man-lover men disturbing anyone? are they the cause of all the problems facing this country?

Two consenting adults engaged in any form of relationship is nobody's business but as in Canada, polygamy is illegal in Britain. The punishment there is seven years in jail — it’s five in Canada. why did they impose punishment on polygamy which is also an agreement between consenting adults.
remember one wife, many concubines has no equal punishment.
If care is not taken and we do not resist them the way our senate has done, the next time they come around, they will rationalize incest as relationship between two consenting adults and tell us they're not disturbing anyone.
So if polygamy is allowed in our environment but a crime in the U.K, We are right to criminalize sodomy here even if U.K allows it. We have different value systems, they should not be allowed to impose theirs on us.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by cap28: 10:23pm On Dec 01, 2011
first of all lets correct this bag of bullshit that britain gives financial aid to nigeria - i think you will find its the other way around, WE ARE KEEPING THEIR ECONOMY AFLOAT WITH OUR CHEAP CRUDE OIL WHICH THEY HAVE BEEN OPPORTUNED TO EXPLOIT WITH THE COLLABORATION OF OUR DUMBASS PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN - we are getting ZERO AID OR ASSISTANCE FROM THESE THEIVES they are robbing us blind - we are currently subsidising their bankrupt economy so all this bullshit about them providing us with "aid" is a pile of sh.it.

if they provide us with aid why did they steal £35 billion of our foreign reserves during  courtesy of those two  st.upid imbeciles known as Obasanjo and Okonjo Iweala in order to settle a fictitious debt?
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Oletunow(m): 10:39pm On Dec 01, 2011
I do not see the point of the outrage on the path of David Mark here, The British Prime Minister is right in what he said,

Nigeria is a Sovereign nation and have the right to pass laws it see fit, the international community also have the right and freedom of expression to react positively or negatively to those laws as they do on laws and human right violations from other countries,

and the British have the right to withhold aids to Nigeria on account of this,

Nigeria can keep the law, international community can react however they see fit and Britain can keep their cash and aids, nothing spoil.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Wislet(f): 10:43pm On Dec 01, 2011
MODERATORS, DO YOUR JOB AND BLOCK THIS SENSELESS PERSON POSTING CHILDISH STUFF HERE. Or are you people sleeping?
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by BusHouse(m): 10:54pm On Dec 01, 2011
I hope that useless man-lover man who calls himself the british high comissioner has left nigeria? if he hasnt then he's courting for trouble, were are the suicide bombers.? To the house of representatives members and mr president, i advice you toe the line of the senate.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by ortopazz(m): 11:03pm On Dec 01, 2011
Lets be fair with ourselves all these pile of Insults is sterming from our inactiveness in the tech.world and our self-devalue, how can a man hu dint even convincingly win his election be posing threat to a country that its leader did otherwise, by a wide margin at that. I think our NASS should demand an apology or sack all british efforts and if we cnt continue oil biz, we turn to Agric.

That in britain polygamy is nt just nt accepted buh has stipulations attached to it, what do we call those whose rights have been impigned on, uhn? It shows how humans point a finger accusingly at another and forget that 4otherz is pointed right bk at such a fellow.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by ortopazz(m): 11:06pm On Dec 01, 2011
See these british they stil believe that they are Naval lords as if such names exist, aids my foots they give us overbloated loans and cry aids, in short their fatherz yanshes.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Limaoscar: 11:08pm On Dec 01, 2011
The I.diot should pack his bags and leave, if He feels depressed and suicidal about the law He should go back home and do the right thing, otherwise, He should Just Sharrap!
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Shersky: 11:15pm On Dec 01, 2011
From the posts I've seen so far, we Nigerians definitely deserve the politicians/sc.ums who govern us and make our laws. I despair for our future!
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by ortopazz(m): 11:18pm On Dec 01, 2011
Lets be clear on something, if these guys want something y not call for a debate, where pastorz will slug it out, by the time we front The OYEDEPOS, OYAKILOHMES, ADEBOYES,
ASHIMOLOWOS ETC,

THEN THEY CN BRING THEIRZ AND While their clergymen agree to the fact that they r christians they nw help us open to where man-lover was ever allowed, and by the time we can prove that since the bible fronts thou shall nt steal and u adopt it as a law, u prosecute those that committ adultery and in their cases,people resign, they wil nw gv us concrete reasons as to why we shudnt concur to our biblbical faith.

SHEKENAH TORI ENDS.

We term 4 nw sha no name, just lyk elijah vs baal, cnt quite fix thz one, 4 nw, wil gt bk to u.

Whoever wins the debate wil give hundred billion pounds as compensation.
Afteral the2 cun3riz r rich na.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by igbo2011(m): 11:26pm On Dec 01, 2011
cap28:

first of all lets correct this bag of bullshit that britain gives financial aid to nigeria - i think you will find its the other way around, WE ARE KEEPING THEIR ECONOMY AFLOAT WITH OUR CHEAP CRUDE OIL WHICH THEY HAVE BEEN OPPORTUNED TO EXPLOIT WITH THE COLLABORATION OF OUR DUMBASS PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN - we are getting ZERO AID OR ASSISTANCE FROM THESE THEIVES they are robbing us blind - we are currently subsidising their bankrupt economy so all this bullshit about them providing us with "aid" is a pile of sh.it.

if they provide us with aid why did they steal £35 billion of our foreign reserves during  courtesy of those two  st.upid imbeciles known as Obasanjo and Okonjo Iweala in order to settle a fictitious debt?
You forgot about all of the money that is put in their banks by our puppet leaders. There are billions of dollars in UK banks with many presidents, senators, and governors. Money laundering in UK, Switzerland, and American banks. SO Britain is relying on Nigeria for almost everything. If we stop selling them oil and take the money out of the banks then their economy will suffer worse than it already is

Why do British people look down on Nigerians? Without us, their country would be terrible.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Chiori(m): 11:29pm On Dec 01, 2011
Shersky:

From the posts I've seen so far, we Nigerians definitely deserve the politicians/sc.ums who govern us and make our laws. I despair for our future!  

Abi dem give you otumokpo to drink?
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by efisher(m): 11:33pm On Dec 01, 2011
Let them go and tell that nonsense to Saudi Arabia, Russia and China first.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Nobody: 11:40pm On Dec 01, 2011
we do not want this in Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euXQbZDwV0w

Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Sagamite(m): 11:43pm On Dec 01, 2011
divine2043:

we do not want this in Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euXQbZDwV0w

I am not even going to click on that.

I have plans to eat yam and egg tomorrow morning and I want to enjoy it instead of losing my appetite by watching deviants.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by ortopazz(m): 11:43pm On Dec 01, 2011
igbo2011:

You forgot about all of the money that is put in their banks by our puppet leaders. There are billions of dollars in UK banks with many presidents, senators, and governors. Money laundering in UK, Switzerland, and American banks. SO Britain is relying on Nigeria for almost everything. If we stop selling them oil and take the money out of the banks then their economy will suffer worse than it already is

Why do British people look down on Nigerians? Without us, their country would be terrible.

OGA MI, U SURE SAY WE NEVER YAN B4?
Itz it thz stupid self devalue of a blak man's mentality.
The govt.shud these as a clarion to upgrade our educational system, the fault lies in the fact since they av oxford and the rest they feel they knw all, let NIgerIANS 4 1CE LEARN TO TRUST NIGERIANZ AND ALL THESE BRITISH BULL DogGS WIL COME BEGging.

What do we xpect when we see their education as the best and devalue ourz? Afterall they are feeling that it is a master teacher, servant student relationship we nid to wake up and bolden our stance on some of our idealogies.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Adexchelsea19(m): 11:53pm On Dec 01, 2011
Shersky:

By their post u shall knw them.smh
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by Nobody: 11:56pm On Dec 01, 2011
daviesmania:

4uk Amnesty international, the shld go say de same 2 de middle-east

LOL! They KNOW better TRUST ME!! One thing we Jamos caught on to is the fact that they only use their power on nations they know they can! Iran's PRESIDENT told the whole world there are 'NO man-loving-men' in his country and that he and his people do not tolerate such a thing and NOT ONE time did the UN threaten or try anything in regards to Iran because they not only know Iran will 'take it to them' physically but mentally the Arab community is a force to be reckoned with! The say 'no' or 'war' that is what they mean, meanwhile we black folks are too damn docile.  tongue

Shersky:

so in other words you want hom0sexuality to be legal in Nigeria? (not passing judgement, just asking).  smiley

efisher:

Let them go and tell that nonsense to Saudi Arabia, Russia and China first.

Right now those three nations have the UN 'by the balls'  tongue (how ironic) grin so they won't even go there. Truss mi  wink

Sagamite:

I am not even going to click on that.

I have plans to eat yam and egg tomorrow morning and I want to enjoy it instead of losing my appetite by watching deviants.

LWKMD!!! HAHAHAA!  grin  grin  grin  grin
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by cap28: 1:04am On Dec 02, 2011
the decriminilisation of homosexuality in european and american societies has led to the complete moral bankruptcy of their society - this is why the family structure in western society is in a state of complete disintegration - homosexuality has also been used to destroy the black family in america as this brother so eloquently describes here:

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8IApD-1aqs&feature=related[/flash]
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by igbo2011(m): 1:11am On Dec 02, 2011
cap28:

the decriminilisation of homosexuality in european and american societies has led to the complete moral bankruptcy of their society - this is why the family structure in western society is in a state of complete disintegration - homosexuality has also been used to destroy the black family in america as this brother so eloquently describes here:

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8IApD-1aqs&feature=related[/flash]

It was also the fatherless situation as well.  Feminism made women more independent but raising children by yourself is hard. It also took the men out of the family and this causes problems in society.  Fatherless children have a higher chance of going to jail, dropping out of school, and others as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS3808PSx4k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhhVICzQ368&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI88CzghGGs&feature=related
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by cap28: 1:15am On Dec 02, 2011
where was amnesia international when blacks were being slaughtered in libya?

all of sudden they are all over nigeria because we refuse to tolerate sexual deviance as the norm, you only have to look at how their social structure has collapsed to understand the damage that homosexuality creates for society.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by cap28: 1:29am On Dec 02, 2011
igbo2011:

It was also the fatherless situation as well.  Feminism made women more independent but raising children by yourself is hard. It also took the men out of the family and this causes problems in society.  Fatherless children have a higher chance of going to jail, dropping out of school, and others as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS3808PSx4k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhhVICzQ368&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI88CzghGGs&feature=related

yes, very true - have you heard of COINTELPRO? im sure you have but if you havent read up on how they destroyed the black civil rights movement in america, many of the points you raised above were created by COINTELPRO to prevent the rise of a black messiah.

[flash=200,200]http://www.youtube.com/NR/1/v/O86n8KQJo6U&feature/endscreen[/flash]
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by kabukabu50(m): 1:30am On Dec 02, 2011
Taking a quick snapshot of all the comments that you can always find on Nairaland involving certain issues such as this one, which is basically a non-issue,its pretty easy to come to the conclusion that
1)Most nigerians are ill informed on a variety of issues.
2)Most nigerians would'nt comprehend the fact that certain issues are wedges used by crooked sly politicians to serve as rallying points to restore falling confidence.
Hear me out on this,and its used in every political machine in every country wink

Politicians feed off public support,if for some reason they have any feeling that it is waning, even the slightest, time to wheel out a wedge issue, like , oh, (Covers mouth and ears,for the nairaland sensor nazis) grin, "Homosexuality".
And bamm,bob's your uncle, the feeding frenzy begins and all the hitherto,relatively smart citizens, go crazy for blood. grin
Quickly forgetting that,
1)Those same politicians are stacking away the hard earned wealth of the country into their pockets.
2)Unemployment is at an all time high
3)After decades of promises, basic working infrastrutures like 24/7 electricity and water are non existent in a country that ships over 500,000 barrels of black gold a day

And the great "unwashed" spit fire and brimestone about "homosexuality"
nigerians are better than this charade of clowns, at least thats what I want to believe, thats what my heart says, but again and again, my mind confirms the truth, that the eternal damnation of nigeria will not come at the hand of its politicians but at the hands of its masses sad

Until they refuse the status quo from what they see and hear, and see things for what they really are, ploys to undermine public revolution against these stool pigeons.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by igbo2011(m): 1:45am On Dec 02, 2011
cap28:

yes, very true - have you heard of COINTELPRO? im sure you have but if you havent read up on how they destroyed the black civil rights movement in america, many of the points you raised above were created by COINTELPRO to prevent the rise of a black messiah.

[flash=200,200]http://www.youtube.com/NR/1/v/O86n8KQJo6U&feature/endscreen[/flash]

The main way to have a good family. Welfare is bad for chocolate Americans:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uko5ra7YDps

The media always portrays chocs badly in America. Africa is portrayed badly ALWAYS and never positively in America. Movies and TV shows always show chocs badly. This is why young chocolate people hate their self like in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqSFqnUFOns

Music industry portrays chocolate people bad too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mfvf7E7J7E&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Even the word black and dark are racist, that is why i try to use chocolate, caramel, or moor to describe us. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-793468.0.html
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by igbo2011(m): 1:53am On Dec 02, 2011
@Cap28
I just watch both parts and I never thought of it like that. Religion, police, schools, and military are controlled by Europeans. Chocolate Americans are the richest choc family in the world. But they don't own that many stuff. Too busy buying products and consuming instead of investing in other companies.

More of those rich chocolate people should invest in Africa. More prospects here than in America.
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by aribisala0(m): 2:01am On Dec 02, 2011
sadly almost ALL posters here are devoid of reason.
already homosexuality was criminal in our laws
in the sharia states it carries a death penalty
in most of the south it carries a prison sentence
we inherited the penal code in the souther states from the BRITISH
so far who has been sent to jail or imprisoned for this

the issue here is not whether one agrees with or detests homosexuality
whether it is good or bad in the eyes of God(presumablyadultery,violation and sex with children, i hear one of the Senators has a child bride are lower cadres of SIN)
the issue is this; for every hour that the national assembly sits it costs Nigerians nearly 100 million naira. i reckon this law has cost well over 1 billion Naira
what will it change. before the law came in were men marrying each other  .
is this what people queued up in the sun to vote for
even more ridiculous is the fact that this law covers an area which is clearly within the purview of state houses of assembly

so how does this new law change the status quo
one would imagine that education equips people to think NOT react
at any rate does 14 years seem reasonable for homosexuality.
when Lucky Igbinedion Alamiesigha and Bode George are all free men?

this is the same country where women are violated wantonly
men sleep with their daughters and even impregnate them
you can now be jailed if you know people are man-lover and do NOT report
we really are a funny people
i predict this law will be used to rubbish public figures /politicians in the same way as Baba Suwe.
we have seen this in Malaysia and Zimbabwe.
people wey no know dey happy people wey know dey look
Re: UK, Amnesty International Kick Against Nigeria’s Anti man-lover Law by kabukabu50(m): 2:23am On Dec 02, 2011
aribisala0:

sadly almost ALL posters here are devoid of reason.
already homosexuality was criminal in our laws
in the sharia states it carries a death penalty
in most of the south it carries a prison sentence
we inherited the penal code in the souther states from the BRITISH
so far who has been sent to jail or imprisoned for this

the issue here is not whether one agrees with or detests homosexuality
whether it is good or bad in the eyes of God(presumablyadultery,violation and sex with children, i hear one of the Senators has a child bride are lower cadres of SIN)
the issue is this; for every hour that the national assembly sits it costs Nigerians nearly 100 million naira. i reckon this law has cost well over 1 billion Naira
what will it change. before the law came in were men marrying each other .
is this what people queued up in the sun to vote for
even more ridiculous is the fact that this law covers an area which is clearly within the purview of state houses of assembly

so how does this new law change the status quo
one would imagine that education equips people to think NOT react
at any rate does 14 years seem reasonable for homosexuality.
when Lucky Igbinedion Alamiesigha and Bode George are all free men?

this is the same country where women are violated wantonly
men sleep with their daughters and even impregnate them
you can now be jailed if you know people are man-lover and do NOT report
we really are a funny people
i predict this law will be used to rubbish public figures /politicians in the same way as Baba Suwe.
we have seen this in Malaysia and Zimbabwe.
people wey no know dey happy people wey know dey look

Very well put,brother, nigerians amaze me.
where is the uproar over our broken country

Pepole suffer for utter lack of knowledge, now they belive that hordes of "homosexuals" will fill the streets in Nigeria grin, by the time that happens the country will already be a devastated wasteland of starving masses waiting on UN food drops and gangs with ak47s patrolling the streets, "shakes head in disgust".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari To Visit Benue, Taraba, Zamfara And Rivers — Four ‘Troubled’ States / Kebbi Governor Idris Distributes ₦12bn Worth Of Ramadan Palliatives (Photos) / Atedo Peterside: NBS Fake Unemployment Rate Is Making Me Laugh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.