Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,864 members, 7,802,770 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

How Do I Handle My Neighbour's Excesses? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Handle My Neighbour's Excesses? (8313 Views)

My Neighbour's Wife Peeps Through My Door, Should I Report To The Husband? / My Neighbour And His Fiancee / Help!!! My Neighbour Is A Screamer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbour's Excesses? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 8:11pm On Dec 06, 2011
@op, just get a prepaid metre, problem solved
Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbour's Excesses? by NaijaNaWaa: 9:22pm On Dec 06, 2011
The best and permanent solution is to get a separate meter. Having been thro a similar situation like you, I will advice you to mobilize for NEPA/PHCN and they will give you a separate meter in 24 hours or less. They will always tell you there's no meter but if you show them correct "pepper", meter will appear immediately. If you havean understanding landlord/agent, the cost of the meter can be deducted from your next rent. That was how I solved mine.

I hope this helps.
Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbour's Excesses? by HISchild: 12:45am On Dec 07, 2011
@Dis Guy,

Maybe you're right, GOD knows. That's why its all about one's personal relationship and reconciliation back to GOD through The Lord JESUS CHRIST, The Almighty (Rev 1:7-cool, by the hearing of faith / the word of GOD (Rom 10:17).

In these last days the churches are under GOD's judgment - "For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?" - 1 Pet 4:17-18
Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbour's Excesses? by emmatok(m): 1:16am On Dec 07, 2011
Madam just follow your husbands advice, he knows the man very well.

I have seen aggressive Neighbors attacking co-tenant with cutlass in Lagos.

Some even beat up their Land-Lords.

The best thing is to get separate meters and when he disturbs you , pay Police-men to harass him.

Never ever try confront him .
Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbour's Excesses? by logica(m): 1:53am On Dec 07, 2011
I can't even believe anybody will agree to share a line with a neighbor. So how do you know the ACTUAL utilization of both parties since 50/50 is just overly simplistic? Or you think you, for example who has 2 A/Cs installed will utilize the same amount of power as somebody who has 6 A/Cs installed? Except of course you are the party with 6 A/Cs I doubt you will agree to this kind of arrangement.
Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbour's Excesses? by MurderX: 2:14am On Dec 07, 2011
There is nothing like thesame line, professionally, I will advice that you isolate his own cables from the meter, this is very possible - Call a qualified electrician to simply seperate or disconnect his flat from the meter and pay your bill. Tell him it was NEPA that did it, and when he pays to you or NEPA then he is connected back. You may only have problem with accessing the meter if it is in his own flat, else it is very very possible to cut him off supply until he pays.
Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbour's Excesses? by DrummaBoy(m): 8:42am On Dec 07, 2011
A typical Nigerian problem
You can bet foreigners reading this thread can't understand what we are saying.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbour's Excesses? by JgregeJung: 9:52am On Dec 07, 2011
Listen Lady, the only solution to this situation is going GORRILA on this as-shole. So before you hit  NEPA/PHCN, ask your Man,  No let me do this. Mr Lady go right this moment next door and give your best friends an as-swooping for not only ripping you off 2 months in a row but for also incommoding your entire family and stressing out your Sweet heart.
SIR, Friends are Friends but FAMILY GOTTA COME FIRST.  angry sad
Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbour's Excesses? by daphil: 10:16am On Dec 07, 2011
I think your neighbour didn't bulge because your family consume more energy than them, but share bills equally. The way forward is for you to get your own electric cable and probably meter.
Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbour's Excesses? by eros(m): 10:25am On Dec 07, 2011
DrummaBoy:

A typical Nigerian problem
You can bet foreigners reading this thread can't understand what we are saying.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Na so we see am for Naija ooooo. Most Nigerians have the heart of a beast, even some wild animals are better behaved than some Nigerians.

Madam, stop stressing yourself over this simple issue. Since the PHCN staff cannot get you a metre, simply buy a "CUT OUT" as it is called, buy wire and have a PHCN staff connect your light directly from the pole and problem solved. You get your bills directly from PHCN and you never have to worry about your evil neighbour again.
Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbour's Excesses? by otokx(m): 11:24am On Dec 07, 2011
So many like that in Nigeria.
Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbour's Excesses? by crackhouse(m): 1:22pm On Dec 07, 2011
simpleseyi:

With about 45,000 naira, you can get a pre-paid metre in ONE MONTH. I have a friend who works with PHCN. To avoid fraud, I can give the guy the money to process this for you if you will give me a post-date cheque for the amount. Remember however, that bounced cheque can get you to EFCC and prison even when Ibori, Tinubu, Alao Akala, Gbenga Daniel, Bank-ole, Obasanjo, IBB are still free men.
hmm, woman u can give this my brother the money since he have voluntered to do it for u, i promise if he fail to deliver, just be assured to get ur 45k back.
Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbour's Excesses? by babestella: 2:04pm On Dec 07, 2011
Devil is using that man, and obviously he is looking for trouble and maybe who knows he wants to fight somebody and this could result in serious injuries or even death. Please, please, just ignore him, if you husband has the means, he should just go and pay the PHCN bill, and hand over the matter to God, what goes around comes around, someday, that guy who refuses to pay bill will realise what he has been doing and come to apologize for his wrong doing. Please avoid confrontation with him. I have seen many like that, please avoid trouble. But if your husband does not have the means, go to PHCN and make a complain, they know how to come and disconnect the guys light and he will never be able to reconnect it. OR simple call a general meeting of everyone in the house, and let the house decide what to do about him. Don't take any personal decision and don't make direct confrontation. The world is deep. cool
Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbour's Excesses? by mosindimik(m): 7:18pm On Dec 07, 2011
This case is a little bit sensitive but let's logically handle it this way. Since you have applied for meter from PHCN and its not forth coming, go to the nearest PHCN office call on one of the staffs explain to him and tell him you need your own line. Let him cost it and tell you what it will take to be connected. Pay the sacrifice and move on. This will keep everyone at peace. Thanks
Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbour's Excesses? by waleluv1(m): 1:41pm On Dec 08, 2011
To be sincere, we are all human and several factors can lead to his own take on this bill of a thing;

1, do you really understand the motive behind his refusal to pay?

2, is there any quarrel between the 2 families before the bill issues sprang up?

3, or is that his usual practice?

A genius response to each of these questions would be of great help, and if he just proves to be stubborn and unfair try to get CRAZY a bit with the issues, gentility does not mean stupidity

TELL YOUR HUSBAND TO STOP BEING COWARD EVEN FOR A WHILE, IT ASSUMES THE OTHER MAN IS TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THAT
Re: How Do I Handle My Neighbour's Excesses? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 29, 2011
i suggest sabotage. Cos what seems obvious here is that ur ill mannered neighbour is capitalizin on u n ur hubby's weakness and takin advantage of u guys. Just look for a coded place n use plier to cut his generator connections in different places, that he can never find out. I wish i was in ur shoes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have You Ever Seen Grandma Of 35yrs To 40yrs Old? / The Best Husband / Nigeria; A Country Were Men Are "Saints" And Women "Devils"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.