Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

Is It Okay For My Husband To Live With My Younger Sister? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Okay For My Husband To Live With My Younger Sister? (8691 Views)

I Don't Have A Close Relationship With My Younger Sister. / Is It Okay For A Man To Cry In Front Of His Woman? / I Saw This Inside My Younger Brothers Bag (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Okay For My Husband To Live With My Younger Sister? by thandie: 9:17pm On Dec 01, 2011
Hey peeps,

My younger sister currently lives with my husband and I. I've recently been transferred to another city and tried to make arrangements with my husband for her to move elsewhere as i believe it's not socially acceptable to have her in the house if i'm not around.

To my utter amazement, my husband sees nothing wrong with her remaining and feels i'll be passing a message to people that he's not trustworthy, if she moves out. infact, we had an argument which saw him accusing me of not trusting him.

Am i in the wrong here?

Would love to hear your opinions on this.
Re: Is It Okay For My Husband To Live With My Younger Sister? by ronkebp(f): 9:33pm On Dec 01, 2011
Is she you sister or your hubby's sister?, better make arrangements for her else where. She is only staying with you guys because you are in that house. And if you are relocating let her relocate, unless your hubby is looking for cook or companion. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Is It Okay For My Husband To Live With My Younger Sister? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Dec 01, 2011
^^^
WHY?
Please explain yourself,after all according to you men are not polygamous by nature.
They should stay together while the OP is not around-NOTHING will happen!
Re: Is It Okay For My Husband To Live With My Younger Sister? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 01, 2011
the sister should move out.
Re: Is It Okay For My Husband To Live With My Younger Sister? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Dec 01, 2011
Re: Is It Okay For My Husband To Live With My Younger Sister? by mazaje(m): 10:12pm On Dec 01, 2011
ronkebp:

Is she you sister or your hubby's sister?, better make arrangements for her else where. She is only staying with you guys because you are in that house. And if you are relocating let her relocate, unless your hubby is looking for cook or companion. undecided undecided undecided

Will you live with your husband's younger brother when he isn't around?. . . .

Richvkunt:

^^^
WHY?
Please explain yourself,after all according to you men are not polygamous by nature.
They should stay together while the OP is not around-NOTHING will happen!

grin grin grin
Re: Is It Okay For My Husband To Live With My Younger Sister? by thandie: 10:15pm On Dec 01, 2011
ronkebp:

Thank you Ronkebp & Davidylan. She is only in the house cos i'm there! I don't understand this at all. I'm beginning to feel that my hubby does not understand the meaning of the word "propriety".

How can he not understand that somethings are just not done. I'm very sure that nobody expects us to keep her on since i'm moving. Infact, my mum actually called me to broach the topic of moving her elsewhere. i'm just utterly bewildered with this response.
Re: Is It Okay For My Husband To Live With My Younger Sister? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 01, 2011
thandie:

Thank you Ronkebp & Davidylan. She is only in the house cos i'm there! I don't understand this at all. I'm beginning to feel that my hubby does not understand the meaning of the word "propriety".

How can he not understand that somethings are just not done. I'm very sure that nobody expects us to keep her on since i'm moving. Infact, my mum actually called me to broach the topic of moving her elsewhere. i'm just utterly bewildered with this response.

strange. Are you sure he hasnt been chopping the fruit already? Why are you moving and he isnt moving with you in the first place?
Re: Is It Okay For My Husband To Live With My Younger Sister? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 01, 2011
Re: Is It Okay For My Husband To Live With My Younger Sister? by r231(m): 10:21pm On Dec 01, 2011
just tell your sister she needs to move

except if she is like 80yrs old with no teeth or something grin grin
Re: Is It Okay For My Husband To Live With My Younger Sister? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 01, 2011
chaircover:

I think I understand how the guy feels. Frm hs point of view, You are indirectly telling him that you dont trust him with your sister.

He may not understand it now but when he has spent a month without sex and he keeps on seeing your sister prancing around the house but has to force himself to look the other way and fight his errecctions every 5 minutes, he will come to understand that you were doing him a big favour

CC,
Did you post this or some one posted it on your behalf?
Glad you have started to see the light.
Re: Is It Okay For My Husband To Live With My Younger Sister? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Dec 01, 2011
r231:

just tell your sister she needs to move

except if she is like 80yrs old with no teeth or something grin grin

Lol[i].[/i]..[/i]lol[i]...  grin
Re: Is It Okay For My Husband To Live With My Younger Sister? by Nobody: 12:57am On Dec 02, 2011
Wow, I think I would trust my sister enough to live with my husband, while I'm away. Maybe it's just the kind of sisters and family bond we have. If the husband wants to make passes at them, that's his business. . .only disgracing himself, not me. My sisters would definitely tell me if he does. We'd laugh over the silly man and disgrace him further. Sister solidarity for life!!! cool.

Naa won't do that, but that is how far I trust my sisters. grin

Anyway, @OP maybe you should tell him how your mother feels on the issue or how society would think of him actually defending his stance, lol. It really sounds weird.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For My Husband To Live With My Younger Sister? by Ilekokonit: 2:20am On Dec 02, 2011
thandie
Infact, my mum actually called me to broach the topic of moving her elsewhere.

Your mum is seeing the[b] danger ahead[/b] and in her wisdom is gently nudging you to play safe by not leaving your sister alone in the house with your husband for protracted periods of time.

Remember your Mum has more life experiences than you even though she may not say too much about the reason for her advice.

What happens if after 1 month of your husband not getting any action (due to your absence), your sister repeatedly sits opposite him in your living room in tight fitting and/or revealing attire ?

Do you want your husband to close his eyes, run out of the living room or freeze his imagination from running wild.

What if your sister "forgets" to lock the bathroom door while having a shower  and your husband "accidentally" barges in ?

Leaving your sister in the house while you are away is very similar to employing a seductive lady as a house girl.

Though you trust your husband, play safe and don't temp fate.
Re: Is It Okay For My Husband To Live With My Younger Sister? by kadirecipe(f): 2:55am On Dec 02, 2011
I also agree that she have to move. But make your hobby understand that you do trust him but this is not DONE.
Do you have children that she is taking care of while you are not there? if not i don't see the reason she should stay there. sad
Re: Is It Okay For My Husband To Live With My Younger Sister? by Outstrip(f): 3:02am On Dec 02, 2011
Why is your husband being adamant about it. It is strange
Re: Is It Okay For My Husband To Live With My Younger Sister? by Nobody: 4:22am On Dec 02, 2011
@poster
in the real world it should be completely fine for them to live together because you should know what kind of man you got and trust him fully (if he is trustworthy like that). the fact that you (and your mother) dont have faith in your sista, may be the reason why you have negative thoughts on such arrangements.

your husband's reaction is "strange" to say the least, he should have said "fair enough" or "whatever" with whichever decision you take. . . . . . . . but he seems to WANT that she stays there, like he has something to gain from that. the same people who would gossip about your lack of trust for him, would gossip about you leaving him with your sista.

btw: if you dont trust him (or her) like that then she shouldnt live with you PERIOD, regardless of you living there or not.
Re: Is It Okay For My Husband To Live With My Younger Sister? by kelz88(f): 4:33am On Dec 02, 2011
OP, why hasn't your sis offered to move out? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

I don't trust either of them.
Re: Is It Okay For My Husband To Live With My Younger Sister? by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 02, 2011
Re: Is It Okay For My Husband To Live With My Younger Sister? by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 02, 2011
chaircover:

LOL Richy grin Isnt that what NL is for . . . . to learn? I am a good student naw

Seriously, in an ideal world it shouldnt be an issue, but in the damaged world that we live in today . . . . . .

Like stillwater mentioned, I think it also depends on the relationship within the family. My kid sister is drop dead gorgeous as like in she enters a room and men drool and wives give their husbands dirty looks for drooling lipsrsealed but she a a good girl and I trust her totally & I trust my husband too but one shouldnt tempt fate.

In this case mama has subtly spoken out and that should not be dismissed as old woman talk, cos she may have her reasons

Good morning CC,
Love the bolded part,shows all my twisted advise to women on this forum hasn't been wasted. grin grin grin
Re: Is It Okay For My Husband To Live With My Younger Sister? by malaika(f): 8:12am On Dec 02, 2011
:/
Re: Is It Okay For My Husband To Live With My Younger Sister? by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 02, 2011
//
Re: Is It Okay For My Husband To Live With My Younger Sister? by blank(f): 11:44am On Dec 02, 2011
What is ur sister's take in all these?
Re: Is It Okay For My Husband To Live With My Younger Sister? by otokx(m): 12:13pm On Dec 02, 2011
so some people still ask these kinds of questions?
Re: Is It Okay For My Husband To Live With My Younger Sister? by Basildon1(m): 1:02pm On Dec 02, 2011
@ OP, she's your sister and you are allowed to move her in or out of the house as you like. BUT truthfully, i would feel like a seex offender if my wife feels her younger sister is not safe around me.
Re: Is It Okay For My Husband To Live With My Younger Sister? by no1madman(m): 1:12pm On Dec 02, 2011
It's ok as long as she doesn't open her fuckin legssssssssss/ it's not ok as long as she's got tottttttttttttooooo. .yeparipa!
Re: Is It Okay For My Husband To Live With My Younger Sister? by no1madman(m): 1:19pm On Dec 02, 2011
It's ok as long as she doesn't open her fuckin legssssssssss/ it's not ok as long as she's got tottttttttttttooooo. .yeparipa!
Re: Is It Okay For My Husband To Live With My Younger Sister? by Kx: 1:25pm On Dec 02, 2011
Even when your sister moves out, the risk would have only be reduced, but not completely removed.However, she must not remain with your husband in that house if you dont want your husband to father your sister's baby.
Re: Is It Okay For My Husband To Live With My Younger Sister? by Honeycity(f): 2:05pm On Dec 02, 2011
@ op
Don't you think you should be more concerned about your hubbys faithfulness to you while you are away, even if you move out you little sister whats the assurance your man wont bring home another woman to keep him warm
Re: Is It Okay For My Husband To Live With My Younger Sister? by ronkebp(f): 3:00pm On Dec 02, 2011
Honeycity:

@ op
Don't you think you should be more concerned about your hubbys faithfulness to you while you are away, even if you move out you little sister whats the assurance your man wont bring home another woman to keep him warm

It is still better to bring in a woman that she does not know than the husband sleeping with her own sister. (abomination!!!!!!!!!!).
Re: Is It Okay For My Husband To Live With My Younger Sister? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 02, 2011
chaircover:

LOL Richy where is my certificate?  smiley  

Madam CC,
This one is called CERTIFICATE OF LIFE,it is not written on papyrus it is printed on the MIND.
Re: Is It Okay For My Husband To Live With My Younger Sister? by pslm23(f): 6:04pm On Dec 02, 2011
How old is your sister?

Regardless of her age, tell your husband that you trust him completely but your sis is in that house because of you and since you've been transferred, your sis is coming with you. Put your foot down [s]but be careful oh! kunta kinte put his foot down and it got chopped[/s]  grin

by the way, do you guys have kids? Do your plans include taking the kids with you to your new post or will they remain behind with hubby? If you have kids and they r staying behind, maybe that's why hubby wants SIL to stay so she can help take care of them?? 

Anyway, it doesn't matter what we say here. If your gut is telling u to remove sis from the house, then do so. gut feelings are 99.9% spot on!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? / Anyone In Here Got Married In Sha'ban? / How Do You Feel After Sex- For The Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.