Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,123 members, 7,807,401 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

Eguavoen To Be Sacked After U-23's Match Today - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eguavoen To Be Sacked After U-23's Match Today (4668 Views)

Super Eagles Arrive Swaziland Ahead Of Their Match Today (Photos) / Photo: Arsenal Fans Have A Converge Prayer Against Bayern Munich Match Today / Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U-23 Match: (4 - 1) On 2nd December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eguavoen To Be Sacked After U-23's Match Today by sley4life(m): 6:31am On Dec 02, 2011
Eguavoen Gets Sack Letter

No meetings over Eguavoen
.Gets sack letter today in Marakech
By George Aluo
Friday December 02, 2011
• Eguavoen
Photo: Sun News Publishing

More Stories on This Section

The board of Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) has resolved not to waste time, energy and resources discussing the fate of Dream Team V handler, Austin Eguavoen, declaring that he would be sack in Marakech immediately after the game against Algeria win or lose.

The Eguavoen tutored side, who many have dubbed as Nigeria’s worst team ever is billed to face Algeria in the city of Marakech today in a game that to a large extent, is only a mere formality having lost their first two group games to hosts Morocco and Senegal.

NFF sources told Daily Sunsports yesterday that unlike in the case of Samson Siasia, whose sack came after series of meetings by the technical committee, the federation won’t go into the luxury of holding meetings over Eguavoen.

He is to be handed his sack letter right there in Marakech. In fact, the scribe of the federation, Barrister Musa Amadu has been mandated to fax the sack letter to Eguavoen from Abuja,” our source said.
The embattled soccer federation has not hidden its displeasure over the terrible poor showing of the Dream Team V with Alhaji Aminu Maigari declaring that the team was nothing but a disgrace.

The NFF while berating the team noted that it gave Eguavoen and his boys all they needed to do the country proud and pick the London 2012 Olympic ticket. The fumbling Dream Team had in their first game lost by a lone goal to Morocco and fell 1-2 to Senegal in their second outing. Eguavoen has surprisingly insisted that it is not over yet for his side.

He told reporters yesterday that he would work on the psychology of boys with the aim of beating Algeria while hoping that Morocco do him the favour of over running Senegal in Tangiers. A board member of NFF who is still livid with anger dismissed Eguavoen’s optimism as baseless declaring that the coach was only telling a rooster and bull story.

http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/sportsonthehour/2011/dec/02/sportsbreak-02-12-2011-001.html
Re: Eguavoen To Be Sacked After U-23's Match Today by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:58am On Dec 02, 2011
It took you that long to figure that this coach was a failure from the start grin What the heck is Festus Onigbinde doing in the NFF 2 decades after - Technical Consultant my foot !!! angry The NFF Technical Committee and this Modakeke ret.ard should be sacked along with Augustine Eguavoen angry
Re: Eguavoen To Be Sacked After U-23's Match Today by executinal(m): 10:39am On Dec 02, 2011
Let the sack begin with the heads of NFF and down to the coach
Re: Eguavoen To Be Sacked After U-23's Match Today by eghost247(m): 10:43am On Dec 02, 2011
they should just find one Coach jare sacking one after another how will the super eagles grow?
Re: Eguavoen To Be Sacked After U-23's Match Today by sley4life(m): 10:46am On Dec 02, 2011
i have posted in earlier thread for the Moderators to put as a headline on the need to come en mass to the glass house for a peaceful protest. There is no need having Nairaland if it wont serve any good for the plight of Nigerians. A mass protest is on its way on the 10th-15th Dec infront of the glass house so we can make our views known to those egg heads in the NFF
Re: Eguavoen To Be Sacked After U-23's Match Today by drstan(m): 10:48am On Dec 02, 2011
Hahaha,.sack,sack sack, is coach realy our problem, i tink d sack shud stat 4rm d NFF down to d players,
Re: Eguavoen To Be Sacked After U-23's Match Today by speak2me: 10:51am On Dec 02, 2011
what did u xpect, going round in circles
Re: Eguavoen To Be Sacked After U-23's Match Today by okooloyun1(m): 10:57am On Dec 02, 2011
executinal:

gbam!!
Re: Eguavoen To Be Sacked After U-23's Match Today by dave2(m): 10:59am On Dec 02, 2011
drstan:

Hahaha,.sack,sack sack, is coach realy our problem, i tink d sack shud stat 4rm d NFF down to d players,

gbam! gbam! gbam! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Eguavoen To Be Sacked After U-23's Match Today by dave2(m): 11:01am On Dec 02, 2011
We should have used John Obuh's under 20 team angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Eguavoen To Be Sacked After U-23's Match Today by honeric01(m): 11:06am On Dec 02, 2011
He deserves to be sacked, not a youth coach in my opinion.
Re: Eguavoen To Be Sacked After U-23's Match Today by sugardaddy1(m): 11:06am On Dec 02, 2011
executinal:

Valid point
Re: Eguavoen To Be Sacked After U-23's Match Today by Okijajuju1(m): 11:10am On Dec 02, 2011
Why waste money sending a fax or paying 200 Naira at a cybercafe to send him his sack-letter, when we can use MTN - 2 - MTN or GLO - 2 - GLO free text messaging. Rubbish! angry
Re: Eguavoen To Be Sacked After U-23's Match Today by Reference(m): 11:17am On Dec 02, 2011
The NFF is like a manufacturing outfit that makes products - players for public consumption - tourneys. By the way the company hires a marketer - coach to ensure the product is top dog in the market.

So how is the success of the product left to the marketer alone. These NFF chaps are jokers. They just want to cover their backsides by scaping the coach because they feel it will appease the mob. We know better. They have sacked countless coaches foreign and local, male and female with nothing to show for it simply because no matter how good a marketer is bad products don't sell.

Our footballers are poor because they come from a poor soccer house. Are coaches supposed to develop football, no. They are engaged to win trophies. If they are engaged to develop football what is the role of the technical committee and the company of men and women that litter the glass house.

Nigerians wake up. How can the failure of six teams attending nine tournaments be attributed to just two men and one woman. No, the failure goes deeper than that and accountability must be broader. Thanks.
Re: Eguavoen To Be Sacked After U-23's Match Today by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:34am On Dec 02, 2011
Reference:

Nigerians wake up. How can the failure of six teams attending nine tournaments be attributed to just two men and one woman. [b]No, the failure goes deeper than that and accountability must be broader. [/b]Thanks.

You have nailed it right there. thanks
Re: Eguavoen To Be Sacked After U-23's Match Today by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 11:52am On Dec 02, 2011
Au revoir Austin
Re: Eguavoen To Be Sacked After U-23's Match Today by mikeywise(m): 12:02pm On Dec 02, 2011
I HAVE NEVER SEEN EGUAVOEN AS A COACH RIGHT FROM THE SUPER EAGLES ERA. ABEG ABEG HE SHOULD BE SACKED WITHOUT WASTING TIME
IF U WATCHED OUR UNDER 23 PLAY,U WILL DEFINITELY HATE TO WATCH FOOTBALL. THEY ARE SO UNCOORDINATED,CANNOT GIVE PASSES WITHOUT GIVING THE BALL AWAY.

PLEASE, DIS AINT OUR TEAM. THE COACH SHOULD BE A BALL BOY AND SHOULDNT HAVE ANY BIZNESS BEING A COACH.
Re: Eguavoen To Be Sacked After U-23's Match Today by Kx: 12:10pm On Dec 02, 2011
Every ex-player must be made a coach in Nigeria.

Sack him and appoint another ex-player.

Yeye NFF
Re: Eguavoen To Be Sacked After U-23's Match Today by atasteve: 12:17pm On Dec 02, 2011
What is the root cause of the failure Coach or players or prevailing situation
Re: Eguavoen To Be Sacked After U-23's Match Today by Reference(m): 12:19pm On Dec 02, 2011
Mark you I am not a fan of Eguavoen or Siasia or Ucheria. I don't do personalities but I rather look at the institutions they are associated with. I believe if the NFF is sound even a track suit wearing monkey will enjoy a degree of success. Sometimes institutions are referred to as culture or soul.

For example CocaCola is an institution so deep and strong no one mistake of an employee no matter how highly placed can pull it down. The culture and work ethic is institutionalised.

Closer home Manchester United is the success story not Sir Alex. He had failed severally during his time but the institution kept faith. ManU isn't doing well now but even if the board appointed you or I today we would be crazy to sack him. That is the power of institution, culture. Even Wenger and Moyes who habitually fail are sacred because of the institutions that surround them. The culture they have created has made identifying and isolating the problem easier. Failure becomes easier to analyse.

In both cases they lack quality players. In the case of the NFF nobody knows why we failed in all competitions this year. We are just like Chelsea (pardon me fans) lacking culture and run by a dictator. Such that with all the billions and having engaged some of the best coaches globally (multiple CL, Europa cup and World cup winners) and bought a good chunk of the best British and world players has very little to show for it.

Let us stop this gamble. Get a half descent coach, marry him and make him the beautiful wife we want to see. Let us stop all this impatient longathroat. It is when we try Pep Guardiola and crumble under his rigid formation that we will realise Barca is an institution that fabricates soccer machines from its academy.
Re: Eguavoen To Be Sacked After U-23's Match Today by dave2(m): 12:31pm On Dec 02, 2011
Reference:

Mark you I am not a fan of Eguavoen or Siasia or Ucheria. I don't do personalities but I rather look at the institutions they are associated with. I believe if the NFF is sound even a track suit wearing monkey will enjoy a degree of success. Sometimes institutions are referred to as culture or soul.

For example CocaCola is an institution so deep and strong no one mistake of an employee no matter how highly placed can pull it down. The culture and work ethic is institutionalised.

Closer home Manchester United is the success story not Sir Alex. He had failed severally during his time but the institution kept faith. ManU isn't doing well now but even if the board appointed you or I today we would be crazy to sack him. That is the power of institution, culture. Even Wenger and Moyes who habitually fail are sacred because of the institutions that surround them. The culture they have created has made identifying and isolating the problem easier. Failure becomes easier to analyse.

In both cases they lack quality players. In the case of the NFF nobody knows why we failed in all competitions this year. We are just like Chelsea (pardon me fans) lacking culture and run by a dictator. Such that with all the billions and having engaged some of the best coaches globally (multiple CL, Europa cup and World cup winners) and bought a good chunk of the best British and world players has very little to show for it.

Let us stop this gamble. Get a half descent coach, marry him and make him the beautiful wife we want to see. Let us stop all this impatient longathroat. It is when we try Pep Guardiola and crumble under his rigid formation that we will realise Barca is an institution that fabricates soccer machines from its academy.

Wonderful piece.
Kudos brother
Re: Eguavoen To Be Sacked After U-23's Match Today by Basics007: 1:11pm On Dec 02, 2011
The secretary writing sack letter in the NFA must have gotten sore fingers by now.
Re: Eguavoen To Be Sacked After U-23's Match Today by KayDee4: 2:50pm On Dec 02, 2011
the 'Chelsea' spirit of sack, sack, sack and sack is creeping into NFF. undecided undecided
Re: Eguavoen To Be Sacked After U-23's Match Today by success4(m): 2:59pm On Dec 02, 2011
Keshi should also prepare for his sack, as that has become nature in NFA
Re: Eguavoen To Be Sacked After U-23's Match Today by bong4(m): 4:03pm On Dec 02, 2011
Prior to this competition, Nigerians never had the oportunity to assess this team. instead of NFF using them to play Botswana and Zambia, they went ahead and used super chickens. They would have used john Obuh's flying eagles for this qualifier nstead of this retarded team. But it seems the bad luck in Nigeria football is a reflection of the failure in the larger society
Re: Eguavoen To Be Sacked After U-23's Match Today by talktrue1(m): 4:35pm On Dec 02, 2011
Kx:

Every ex-player must be made a coach in Nigeria.

Sack him and appoint another ex-player.

Yeye NFF

Ayegbeni or Kaita can apply as the next coach
Re: Eguavoen To Be Sacked After U-23's Match Today by phreakabit(m): 5:54pm On Dec 02, 2011
Never been a good coach I wonder how he keeps getting these Jobs This will be the 4th time he is being sacked what a record!
Re: Eguavoen To Be Sacked After U-23's Match Today by humblebee: 6:00pm On Dec 02, 2011
those players too didnt help this man, they were just disappointing in all their games + d one yet to be played self cos i don watch am for dream
Re: Eguavoen To Be Sacked After U-23's Match Today by Sike(m): 6:05pm On Dec 02, 2011
Bye bye!
Re: Eguavoen To Be Sacked After U-23's Match Today by drstan(m): 6:41pm On Dec 02, 2011
Ok if they sack him nw, who wil b d nxt, do u tink okocha can fit in?
Re: Eguavoen To Be Sacked After U-23's Match Today by sley4life(m): 7:00pm On Dec 02, 2011
For those who wants to partake in the Peaceful protest click on the website for more info http://www.wix.com/nigeriansoccerfansar/fan
Re: Eguavoen To Be Sacked After U-23's Match Today by Reference(m): 9:39pm On Dec 02, 2011
bong4:

Prior to this competition, Nigerians never had the oportunity to assess this team. instead of NFF using them to play Botswana and Zambia, they went ahead and used super chickens. They would have used john Obuh's flying eagles for this qualifier nstead of this slow team. But it seems the bad luck in Nigeria football is a reflection of the failure in the larger society

This is exactly what I am saying. Where are the U21 that played reasonably well earlier this year. Why do we have to build a brand new team for every tournament. Why can't one coach pass on a team to the other to save scouting, informatory and preparatory time and resources like a factory product moving from one station to the next.

The answer is simple. Our football remains in bit parts. The thirty or so million expended on the flying eagles is gone, wasted with no benefit. We need an FA that is competent and capable.

If I may ask was there a post mortem after the U21 tourney, no. Nobody cared to know why we failed. Siasia failed nobody investigated why, so why won't Eguavoen. After this tournament he will be sacked, his file trashed and the NFF moves to the next gamble. Its so sad.

(1) (2) (Reply)

DCUBE SKATING RINK : First Skating Rink In Nigeria / Lovefootball- Nigeria's First Fantasy Football Manager League In Punch Newspaper / One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.