Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,775 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

How Do I Go About Obtaining Police Certificate In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Go About Obtaining Police Certificate In Nigeria (34451 Views)

What Are The Benefits Of Obtaining Cfa / What Re The Requirements For Obtaining Citn Certification With Aca Certification / Offshore Engineering Or Safety Engineering Which Should I Go For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Go About Obtaining Police Certificate In Nigeria by GMG(m): 8:50pm On Sep 25, 2007
Hello everyone,

Please I need a help on how to obtain police certificate in Nigeria. I am currently based in the United Kingdom and I need to present a police certificate from Nigeria before I start my new job or while on the job.

Please, I will appreciate any advice from anyone who has undergone a similar process in the past.

Note: 419 becareful,
Re: How Do I Go About Obtaining Police Certificate In Nigeria by debosky(m): 8:56pm On Sep 25, 2007
the process is very simple

you will need the following items

1. a recent passport photo

2. full set of fingerprints (you should be able to get this done from a police station in the Uk)

3. Your passport number

Let a relative or friend take these documents to FCID Alagbon, Lagos (or branches elsewhere) and request for a police clearance certificate, along with the reason you need this clearance. It can be done for you the same day, depending on the mood of the person in charge and how much you are willing to pay.

When I did mine personally like 2 years ago, I paid 1500 naira, it may cost you between 3-5k depending on how well you haggle.

my dad did it for me when i needed a fresh one like 2 months back, it should be no stress at all.

you can then get the person to mail it to you.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Go About Obtaining Police Certificate In Nigeria by GMG(m): 9:30pm On Sep 25, 2007
Thanks debosky.

I shall be looking into this.

In your post, you mentioned that this can be done in any police station in Nigeria right? So it is not necessary to take all the items you mentioned to Alagbon.

Regards
GMG
Re: How Do I Go About Obtaining Police Certificate In Nigeria by debosky(m): 9:34pm On Sep 25, 2007
I dont think it can be done at any police station, I'm guessing its only done at the Area Command or HQ in each state, my friend got his done somewhere in Ibadan, but my personal experience is with Alagbon, and I got it done the same day. I'm sure whoever is doing it for you can inquire at the nearest police station and they'll direct him/her accordingly.

cheers mate.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Go About Obtaining Police Certificate In Nigeria by santa101: 11:57am On Jan 25, 2012
please can i get the form sent to my email, thanks, mixhael.craig@gmail.com
Re: How Do I Go About Obtaining Police Certificate In Nigeria by jasedu60: 12:38pm On Oct 09, 2012
For everyone looking to get a Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate or Nigeria Police Report visit www.NigeriaCRB.com for fast and effective service.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwJgPXZfcZ8
Re: How Do I Go About Obtaining Police Certificate In Nigeria by babico: 10:07am On Jul 08, 2014
I now leave in Namibia with my husband but when applying for a work visa, one of the requirements was police clearance from my country of origin, how can I get it.
Re: How Do I Go About Obtaining Police Certificate In Nigeria by nigeriasoftware: 7:42pm On Feb 13, 2015
babico:
I now leave in Namibia with my husband but when applying for a work visa, one of the requirements was police clearance from my country of origin, how can I get it.

I believe you can use:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXDaz44cwhs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Go About Obtaining Police Certificate In Nigeria by elijah101(m): 5:29pm On May 10, 2016
I did my Police character report for Georgia .. Can i use the same Police character report for North Cyprus too ..
Re: How Do I Go About Obtaining Police Certificate In Nigeria by jasedu60: 6:30am On May 11, 2016
elijah101:
I did my Police character report for Georgia .. Can i use the same Police character report for North Cyprus too ..

Yes.
Re: How Do I Go About Obtaining Police Certificate In Nigeria by adeoladele(m): 7:45pm On Jun 03, 2016
Do u need your police clearance same day?
I will do it for you with very minimum amount and send it to you any where in the world, you can pay half payment once done i flash it to u then u balance off send mail to engladele@gmail.com
Re: How Do I Go About Obtaining Police Certificate In Nigeria by therealchase(m): 12:59am On Sep 17, 2016
Got it today September 16 2016 at five thousand five hundred although the man said six thousand five hundred. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Go About Obtaining Police Certificate In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 11, 2016
therealchase:
Got it today September 16 2016 at five thousand five hundred although the man said six thousand five hundred. Good luck!

Please where did you do it for #6,500?
Re: How Do I Go About Obtaining Police Certificate In Nigeria by therealchase(m): 10:54pm On Nov 15, 2016
Ariel20:

Please where did you do it for #6,500?

I got it at alagbon in ikoyi. It was #5,500 actually.
Re: How Do I Go About Obtaining Police Certificate In Nigeria by Michaelbay: 2:47am On Mar 08, 2017
Hello, is the passport number going to be written on the police certificate or they just need the international passport for proof identification?
Re: How Do I Go About Obtaining Police Certificate In Nigeria by jasedu60: 12:52am On Jul 09, 2017
Apply for the Nigeria Certificate of Good Conduct, Police Clearance Certificate.

www.gateway.ng

Re: How Do I Go About Obtaining Police Certificate In Nigeria by Santino1(m): 10:23am On Sep 08, 2017
@all,

Isn't 120 pounds outrageous though?

I need to obtain the police clearance too but 120 quid is a little steep.

Any other way I could go about this?

therealchase:

I got it at alagbon in ikoyi. It was #5,500 actually.

@therealchase, Did you just go there with the documents (forms and passport) and applied for it? Also, how long did it take from application to issuance? Thanks.
Re: How Do I Go About Obtaining Police Certificate In Nigeria by Ezylinkage: 3:25am On Dec 08, 2017
WHAT IS POLICE CLEARANCE?

A police certificate is an official document issued by the Nigerian police to determine if the applicant has any outstanding criminal records or activity from the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) that he/she may or may not have committed. Criminal records may include arrests, conviction, and criminal proceedings. Police certificate is also known as good citizen certificate, good conduct certificate, police clearance certificate, or judicial record extracts.

Applicants have to submit fingerprints and certain personal information such as addresses, date of birth, place of birth, etc to get a criminal record check via the police records database. The Nigerian police force will charge a fee, If no record found, the police certificate will indicate so in written form such as a certificate. Anyone from any nationality who has lived or lives in Nigeria for more than 30 days is eligible to get this clearance certificate.

WHO ARE DOES THAT NEED THE POLICE CLERANCE?
Does who want to travel to other countries or some big company do ask for police clearance from their new staff to be sure, such staff doesn’t have any criminal record.

CAN I GET THIS POLICE CLEARANCE WHILE AM NOT IN NIGERIA?
Yes, we can get the police clearance done for you and send it to you were ever you are.

WHAT ARE THE REQUIRMENTS?
i. Your valid passport
ii. Two passport-size photographs

For enquiry or if you want to get a valid Police Clearance in Nigeria, at cheaper price and free home delivery.
WhatsApp +2348032285161, +2348092566361
Email: Info.ezylinkage@gmail.com
facebook page: https://web.facebook.com/ezylinkage/
Re: How Do I Go About Obtaining Police Certificate In Nigeria by Ezylinkage: 9:20am On Jan 21, 2018
WHAT IS POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE? or CERTIFICATE OF GOOD CONDUCT?

A police certificate certificate is an official document issued by the Nigerian police to determine if the applicant has any outstanding criminal records or activity from the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) that he/she may or may not have committed. Criminal records may include arrests, conviction, and criminal proceedings. Police certificate is also known as good citizen certificate, good conduct certificate, police clearance certificate, or judicial record extracts.

Applicants have to submit fingerprints and certain personal information such as addresses, date of birth, place of birth, etc to get a criminal record check via the police records database. The Nigerian police force will charge a fee, If no record found, the police certificate will indicate so in written form such as a certificate. Anyone from any nationality who has lived or lives in Nigeria for more than 30 days is eligible to get this clearance certificate.

WHO ARE DOES THAT NEED THE POLICE CLERANCE?
Does who want to travel to other countries or some big company do ask for police clearance from their new staff to be sure, such staff doesn’t have any criminal record.

CAN I GET THIS POLICE CLEARANCE WHILE AM NOT IN NIGERIA?
Yes, we can get the police clearance done for you and send it to you were ever you are.

WHAT ARE THE REQUIRMENTS?
i. Your valid passport
ii. Two passport-size photographs

For enquiry or if you want to get a valid Police Clearance in Nigeria, at cheaper price and free home delivery.
WhatsApp +2348032285161 , +2348092566361
Email: Info.ezylinkage@gmail.com
facebook page: https://web.facebook.com/ezylinkage/
Youtube on how to fill the PLCC:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwJgPXZfcZ8
Re: How Do I Go About Obtaining Police Certificate In Nigeria by Alajiki(m): 3:20pm On Feb 12, 2020
adeoladele:
Do u need your police clearance same day?
I will do it for you with very minimum amount and send it to you any where in the world, you can pay half payment once done i flash it to u then u balance off send mail to engladele@gmail.com

How much?
Re: How Do I Go About Obtaining Police Certificate In Nigeria by Amakapritty(f): 5:58am On Feb 15, 2020
Pls can I apply and get my police clearance certificate in Abuja the same day?
Re: How Do I Go About Obtaining Police Certificate In Nigeria by lekanlaniyan(m): 8:13pm On Feb 24, 2020
Alajiki:

How much?

Yes you can ....... maybe a day or two.... you will get it .
Re: How Do I Go About Obtaining Police Certificate In Nigeria by CowbellY: 6:42am On Feb 27, 2020
lekanlaniyan:

Yes you can ....... maybe a day or two.... you will get it .
.how much ?
Re: How Do I Go About Obtaining Police Certificate In Nigeria by HajaraIsah1: 10:59am On Feb 27, 2020
debosky:
I don5t think it can be done at any police station, I'm guessing its only done at the Area Command or HQ in each state, my friend got his done somewhere in Ibadan, but my personal experience is with Alagbon, and I got it done the same day. I'm sure whoever is doing it for you can inquire at the nearest police station and they'll direct him/her accordingly.

cheers mate.
Re: How Do I Go About Obtaining Police Certificate In Nigeria by Dannylng(m): 5:58am On Feb 29, 2020
I got mine from micrbcheck.com. it took about 3 days I used it for my PR application

1 Like

Re: How Do I Go About Obtaining Police Certificate In Nigeria by swtjane: 7:36am On Jun 04, 2020
Please I need to get my police report done and I am in the uk.i need it for my sia licence, can anyone tell me the easiest way to go about it.... many thanks
Re: How Do I Go About Obtaining Police Certificate In Nigeria by CowbellY: 8:05am On Jun 04, 2020
swtjane:
Please I need to get my police report done and I am in the uk.i need it for my sia licence, can anyone tell me the easiest way to go about it.... many thanks

Get someone to do it in Nigeria and have it sent to you.
Re: How Do I Go About Obtaining Police Certificate In Nigeria by swtjane: 9:47am On Jun 04, 2020
[quote author=CowbellY post=90291907]

Get someone to do it in Nigeria and have it sent to you.

So if someone dose it for me in nigeria I can use it to get my si la license? Because I call the nigerian high commission in uk and dey told me that What i need for the police character are:

1. Your fingerprint from the metropolitan police station in UK.
2. The fingerprint will be sent to Alagbon police station in Lagos where you will be issued a police character certificate.
3. The fingerprint and certificate will be sent to Ministry of Foreign Affairs Abuja where it will be authenticated.
4. It will be sent back to you in the UK.
Please do I really have to do all of that.
Re: How Do I Go About Obtaining Police Certificate In Nigeria by armyofone(m): 9:18pm On Jun 24, 2020
Please where can police record be done in Ibadan and what is the cost ?
Re: How Do I Go About Obtaining Police Certificate In Nigeria by BurnaBurna: 9:50am On Aug 21, 2020
If you need Police clearance done, reach out to sidolaease@gmail.com. Fast, secure, easy!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Secondary School Teaching Vs Lecturing: Which Of These Two Jobs Should I Choose? / Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! / What Was The Amount Of Your First Salary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.