Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? (10116 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by calid16: 8:42am On Dec 02, 2011
after paying bills at atm machines, many subscribers are still not activated. you call dstv to complain, they will start to give all manner of stories.our useless banks are no better,i dont know if they are in collusion with dstv to rub subscribers . my hard earned money is lost in the system with nobody to complain to.
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by GeorgeD1(m): 9:55pm On Dec 02, 2011
what do you expect? its a monopoly brother and this is what happens when only one company holds all the cards. its a take-it-or-leave-it situation.
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 03, 2011
what do u mean by cheating? errors can occur and not cheating
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by atasteve: 10:20am On Dec 03, 2011
I even thot u wanted to say that they are not doing pay-as-you-watch services!

To avoid all the troubles, look for a super dealer around or better still pay to their office directly.

Although Zenith use to process the payment quickly but i don't know the quality of their services now. NCC should regulate this organisations.
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by nanidee(f): 10:22am On Dec 03, 2011
People/ Organizations in Nigeria get away with just about anything in Nigeria, because there are no proper regulatory bodies to check the excesses of these people, hence their ability to get away with just about anything, while the masses are forced to accept whatever service rendered by the service providers.

When the same thing keeps happening all the time to the detriment of people, and with no compensation whatsoever to the people affected, chances are that iτ̅ was 'well arranged'.

So, OP, there you have iτ̅. A lot of things are wrong with the system, and unless tĦey are fixed, u should expect more of these type of occurences.
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by BAMMZ(m): 10:26am On Dec 03, 2011
I feel ur frustratiön. Dstv jus seems to care less. I had same isue wit atm pymt,it took me a whole week to resolve the isue and dat was not cos dstv helpd but cos i work in a bank and cld trace the isue and got my cash back. Isue was dat dstv recievd pymt bt pymt was nt reflectg on paydirect 4 wateva reason. So only the bank can help you cos dstv wil claim u didnt pay since its nt on paydirect. I pay strictly ön counter now. Dstv shld be aware of isues like dis and be helpful. Do u know their staf stopped pickin my cals and deleted my mails witout readin, wat a shame. I'm stil goin to take it up wit dem. They'r lucky we dont av beta options! Pls wory ur bank!
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by Oluwadare: 11:16am On Dec 03, 2011
My guy truth's bitter but u re d 1 opted to threw ur money into thin air abeg,when a yrs old knw the sorry state of dis fuckin country where 're in. Hav been paying my bill through ZENITH BANK witout any conflict or a bit interruptN 4 God knw when,& is reliable aswell.
Abeg next time all these ATM.PAGA or whatsoever i don't just blieve them are there to take d opportunits on ground and fruad ordinary people.
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by crispgg: 11:21am On Dec 03, 2011
if you have paid and not been reactivated, dont waste your time and money calling their office. Just put on your decoder and text the following to 30333 and you will be reactivated within 2 minutes

RA(space)first ten digits of your smart card number

example RA 1234567890 and send to 30333

thats what ive been using for a while and i get reactivated within 2 minutes max.
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by ziccoit: 11:37am On Dec 03, 2011
Paid yesterday through ATM and my Acc was activated almost immediately
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by aieromon(m): 11:38am On Dec 03, 2011
Zenith Bank over-the-counter does it for me.I almost tried the ATM option on Thursday.I won't even think about it in a long time to come.
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by Pidzo(m): 11:44am On Dec 03, 2011
George_D:

what do you expect? its a monopoly brother and this is what happens when only one company holds all the cards. its a take-it-or-leave-it situation.
I totally agree with what George D has observed. With a monopoly its take-it-or-leave-it. Monochoice is a total rip on poor Africans. Their prices are more suited to rich Europeans and not poor Africans. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by dustydee: 11:46am On Dec 03, 2011
They advertise that they are going to show ALL premeir league matches live and end up showing just a few. If they cntinue like this, I am going to sue them some day.
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by crispgg: 11:56am On Dec 03, 2011
Another thing I don't get with DSTV is the giveaways and prizes that they give to South Africans, I dont remember them doing ANY of such in Nigeria. The best they have done here is give you an extra month if you pay for a full year. Yet in South Africa,every month they have competitions, they give out vacations, furnish homes for their subscribers, give out tickets to huge concerts etc. Its total balderdash!
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by ogogo24(m): 11:59am On Dec 03, 2011
I use quickteller to pay my DSTV subscriptions, no hassle to date.
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by Pidzo(m): 12:04pm On Dec 03, 2011
crispgg:

Another thing I don't get with DSTV is the giveaways and prizes that they give to South Africans, I dont remember them doing ANY of such in Nigeria. The best they have done here is give you an extra month if you pay for a full year. Yet in South Africa,every month they have competitions, they give out vacations, furnish homes for their subscribers, give out tickets to huge concerts etc. Its total balderdash!
In South Africa even on Compact Bouquet you get SS3 with all world's best soccer. Where else can u get that? The rest of Africa is treated as second class customer. DSTV is meant for South Africans (mind you, not Southern Africans!) cry cry
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by Sukafiacom(m): 12:28pm On Dec 03, 2011
Quick teller is cool.
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by omogemi: 12:42pm On Dec 03, 2011
I totally agree with crispygg and pidzo. Dstv is ripping us. In SA, they have only a few subscribers. Dstv has more subscribers in Nigeria and the rest of Africa. Dont we deserve competitions too? I wish there is a way 'we' can stand up to these people to stop treatin us like 2nd class subscribers in our own country.
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by cryingbaby: 12:45pm On Dec 03, 2011
Well i will blame the consumer protection Agency in Nigeria doing nothing,
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 03, 2011
check with your bank. its most likely the atm machine did not credit their account or network failure as usual. why not do the ideal thing by going to their office directly with ur smart card and get activated on the spot.
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 03, 2011
omogemi:

I totally agree with crispygg and pidzo. Dstv is ripping us. In SA, they have only a few subscribers. Dstv has more subscribers in Nigeria and the rest of Africa. Dont we deserve competitions too? I wish there is a way 'we' can stand up to these people to stop treatin us like 2nd class subscribers in our own country.
THE BEST THING U CAN DO, IS DONT SUBSCRIBE. SIMPLE
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by cecegorz(m): 1:18pm On Dec 03, 2011
These non-reflected payments are actually the failure of the switching platforms, a la Interswitch/paydirect to successfully consumate the transaction by moving funds from your account to DSTV's account.
When this happens, there's really nothing that the DSTV can do, because they are only interested in seeing the fund in their coffers and then to release the service to your decoder.

Where i berate them seriously is in their callous Customer Care officers, who should have been trained well enough by now, to explain to the customers the need to go back to their banks to lodge the complaints for reversal of the unsuccessful transactions.
So guys, next time you pay through any of the channels; ATM, mobile, web etc. and the service was not delivered, get in touch with your bank immediately to confirm that the transaction actually hit DSTV's account, or otherwise reverse your money for you to repay.

Personally, i always use ATM's Quickteller to pay, and i get the issues sorted out once i discover it did not succeed, the only downside is that you will have lost a day or two services before noticing something is wrong.
But if you detest ATMs, OTC tellers are your best friend.
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by abhosts(m): 1:34pm On Dec 03, 2011
DSTV does not cheat anyone. A System oversight does not amount to cheating.
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by nex(m): 1:38pm On Dec 03, 2011
Shebi we have our own Nigerian HiTV? If DSTV is cheating, subscribe to HiTV or instead STARTIMES!
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by Reptyle(m): 1:47pm On Dec 03, 2011
I've been using quickteller.com.ng for a while now and never had any issues. Try and update ur acct immediately u get d 3-day notice on ur screen. If u let ur acct expire, most times u'll hav to call them to get reactivated. But even that doesn't take up to a minute once u get thru. Good luck,
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by soloqy: 2:23pm On Dec 03, 2011
Pay into a super dealer, DSTV friendship centers or pay direct into the DSTV account to avoid those hithces. When even collecting money from your account with an ATM causes problems some times, this should be expected from time to time. This issue is not DSTV problem.

Besides, with the problems HITV is having now, you need to prepare for a long haul with DSTV if you want to keep watching quality paytv. sad
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by werepeLeri: 2:54pm On Dec 03, 2011
One single hitch and you run to NairaLand to run things down.
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by GeorgeD1(m): 2:56pm On Dec 03, 2011
all this trouble just to watch dstv?  

i'd rather stick to good old fta. no queuing up at the bank counters,
no growing of grey hairs worrying over atm wahala, no calling of 'customer care'
to activate. no monthly bills only thrills!  grin
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by lovala(m): 3:22pm On Dec 03, 2011
George_D:

all this trouble just to watch dstv?

i'd rather stick to good old fta. no queuing up at the bank counters,
no growing of grey hairs worrying over atm wahala, no calling of 'customer care'
to activate. no monthly bills only thrills! grin

Na him o, Georgey my broda. Just gather dat bundle of naira for monthly subs and get yourself a 3m dish and Hotina and Nilesat Astra Euro beam go come dey dance makossa for your living room.
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by soloqy: 3:31pm On Dec 03, 2011
lovala:

Na him o, Georgey my broda. Just gather dat bundle of naira for monthly subs and get yourself a 3m dish and Hotina and Nilesat Astra Euro beam go come dey dance makossa for your living room.

You understand that the 3m dish can only work for some people ?

Thats the issue with FTA why people are discouraged. For you to get meaningful channels, you need space, lots of space.

Its not very advisable to be mounting 3m dishes in your landlord's compound especially if there are other tenants.
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by GeorgeD1(m): 4:58pm On Dec 03, 2011
hello soloqy,
i quite agree with you on the space issue but remember that where is a will there will always be a way.

there are quite a number of options you can explore if you really want to be free from the clutches
of dstv.
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by anishe(m): 5:04pm On Dec 03, 2011
do we have NCC in this country? i dont think so.

they are supposed to monitor the industry but they are rather bargaining for their pocket rather than the masses.

No wonder mtn, glo,zain etc all get away with all their nefarious activities.
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by soloqy: 5:11pm On Dec 03, 2011
George_D:

hello soloqy,
i quite agree with on the space issue but remember that where is a will there will always be a way.

there are quite a number of options you can explore if you really want to be free from the clutches
of dstv.

Hey George_D, long time. smiley

I would like to know about these other options, provided they dont involve 3m dishes oo grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

3.5 Or 4 Meters Dish / List Of Playtv Channels Formerly CONSAT / Unique Sat Decoder, Any One?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.