Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? (18387 Views)

Why CBN Extended BVN Registration Deadline To Oct 31 / Top 22 Richest People In Nigeria 2011 / Ghanaian, 31, Pulls Off Britain's Biggest Banking Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 02, 2011
Just saw on AIT motorcycles have been banned nationally come December 31. Fresh Air.
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by nku5: 2:44pm On Dec 02, 2011
Just saw it too. But does the federal government have the power to do that. This federalism needs to be looked at closely
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 02, 2011
Professor Pat Utomi has said it, this Nigeria has to be pulled down and built again from scratch. †ђξ constitution is too wrong.
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by nku5: 3:05pm On Dec 02, 2011
All I saw was the news bar. I am waiting to read the full press release. My question is can he do that. I'm off to peruse the constitution
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by Kx: 3:09pm On Dec 02, 2011
Hm, if its true, Police should be ready cos crime wave will multiply by virtue of the thousands that will become idle.
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by JUO(m): 3:11pm On Dec 02, 2011
oh God
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by Horus(m): 3:16pm On Dec 02, 2011
Any source for this information?
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by JUO(m): 3:21pm On Dec 02, 2011
revolution is around the corner
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 02, 2011
If its true then, we should brace ourselves. Cos what wil happen to this country called Nigeria in the yr 2012 wil be noting compared to what has happed in the arab world. No budget up til now, fuel subsidy removal, high rate of unemployment, insecurity and now this. Pls mr president take am easy.
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by Horus(m): 3:34pm On Dec 02, 2011
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by jason123: 3:37pm On Dec 02, 2011
. . . .and what does the FG expect them (okada riders) to do? Die? Steal? or Money rituals??
Couple this with the subsidy removal and you'll get an explosion!

SOMETHING HAS TO GIVE! SOMETHING BIG IS COMING!!!
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 02, 2011
If true, somebody is going mad in Abuja.
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by Pain(m): 3:41pm On Dec 02, 2011
The Nigerian Revolution is Imminent undecided
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by PointB: 3:48pm On Dec 02, 2011
Is this confirm? If it is true, then this will be one transformation too many.

Government should apply the brake here, it is transforming too far and too fast.

Okada should only be banned state by state on the basis of their own need not nationally.

anyway we await confirmation.
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by nku5: 3:49pm On Dec 02, 2011
I believe this punkass president is either trying to barter with the country. You guys don't want me to have my six year term I slam you with a removal of fuel subsidy or ban okada and starve y'all. I think he's finally lost it
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by jason123: 3:51pm On Dec 02, 2011
nku5:

I believe this punkass president is either trying to barter with the country. You guys don't want me to have my six year term I slam you with a removal of fuel subsidy or ban okada and starve y'all. I think he's finally lost it

Oga Jona dey vex o! grin grin grin
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by Abagworo(m): 3:53pm On Dec 02, 2011
Okada is a useless and disgraceful means of transport.2ndly it makes people lazy.It has long been banned in Port Harcourt and Owerri and crime rate dropped as well.
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by jason123: 3:55pm On Dec 02, 2011
PointB:

Is this confirm? If it is true, then this will be one transformation too many.

Government should apply the brake here, it is transforming too far and too fast.

Okada should only be banned state by state on the basis of their own need not nationally.

anyway we await confirmation.

We have no refineries yet we want to remove fuel subsidy. The only benefit of a Nigerian passport.
Over 70% of our youths are unemployed, yet, we want hyper-inflation cause by the removal of fuel subsidy.
Crime rate is high because of unemployment, yet, we want to ban Okadas. The only source of livelihood for some people, their wives and kids, extended families etc.

Do you see where all these will lead to? Your guess is as good as mine!
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by Pain(m): 3:58pm On Dec 02, 2011
Dear Folks,

We just stumbled on classified intelligence. Jonathan is actually acting a script handed over to him by the US.
They are hell bent in ensuring that their doomsday prophesy of total disintegration of Nigeria into splinter states is fulfilled come 2015.

The selling proposition used to brainwash "Humble Joe" as he is known in US diplomatic spheres is that he will be the First President of a free Ijaw Nation with the prospects of one of the highest per capita income in the world beyond 2015.

This is a fact  whether you choose to believe it or not. undecided
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by nku5: 4:03pm On Dec 02, 2011
Has this government carried out the necessary homework. Have they carried out a policy assesment impact, do they even have an estimate of how many okada riders are in this country, not to mention bike dealers. Despite all the security challenges in the country they want more jobless young men on the streets
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:08pm On Dec 02, 2011
Gradually  - The Revolution we are too lazy to get up and start will come to our doorsteps and beat us with machetes in our sleep  grin  grin  grin  I love when a plans comes out of nowhere.

FG cannot deal with the inadequate and poor intra-city transportation and insecurity the way they should after decades of ignoring the problem-  rather than knuckle-down and start fixing the economic and social environment like they are supposed to; they want to do away with the unsocial and uneconomic elements - The back-lash of crimes and will result can only be imagined.  grin  grin

Nigeria! Welcome to the Jungle
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by Natasha2(f): 4:08pm On Dec 02, 2011
why? do they know how many people they will render jobless? where I stay there are roads and streets that buses and taxi drivers don't run, if you have go there you have to take  bike , so what's going to happen now, are you going to camel to such places?  undecided

you don't climb a ladder from the top, the main problem is issuing these people drivers licence, they just issue it to anyone as if its a free gift, even someone who doesn't know how to drive has a licence.  
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by adamaw2tuf: 4:12pm On Dec 02, 2011
Ijaw oil=Ijaw nation then,anyone has problem with then?
Pain:

Dear Folks,

We just stumbled on classified intelligence. Jonathan is actually acting a script handed over to him by the US.
They are hell bent in ensuring that their doomsday prophesy of total disintegration of Nigeria into splinter states is fulfilled come 2015.

The selling proposition used to brainwash "Humble Joe" as he is known in US diplomatic spheres is that he will be the First President of a free Ijaw Nation with the prospects of one of the highest per capita income in the world beyond 2015.

This is a fact  whether you choose to believe it or not. undecided
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by nku5: 4:13pm On Dec 02, 2011
I just heard that the ban is meant to apply to all two stroke engines in the country. Still unclear but the news is still unfolding
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by egift(m): 4:19pm On Dec 02, 2011
nku5:

I just heard that the ban is meant to apply to all two stroke engines in the country. Still unclear but the news is still unfolding

What do they mean by "two stroke engines" - is it a way to withdraw this uselessness. Soon they will blame it on one lousy PA or non-entity once they see no one likes it.
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by Arosa(m): 4:19pm On Dec 02, 2011
All I want to say is that, they don't really care about us.  angry
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by MissEZ(f): 4:20pm On Dec 02, 2011
Jonathan does not care about the common man, if not how can you ban okada without providing a substitute means of transportation and livelihood for these people?

He also wants to remove fuel subsidy at the same time. Insecurity is at an all time high. unemployment too. Let people keep making excuses for the man, shey the general excuse is that he just got into power. My question is who then has been ruling nigeria for the past year before he got reelected?

Let people be honest and see that this man isnt doing a good job at all. Let us stop celebrating mediocrity in our leaders. If he wants to ban okada, he needs to provide an alternative for the okada drivers and also people who use them as a means of transportation.
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by ochizo(m): 4:23pm On Dec 02, 2011
Useless government, useless steps. There's only but best way to kick okada off the road which is "Take off traffic from the roads".

Nobody wants to risk his or her life, If a bus can take you to Oshodi in 12mins and Okada in 10mins and considering the risk won't you take bus. Why are Nigerians after BRT Buses today? Not just becos its cheap but it has its own lane which is traffic free!!!

If the government can take off traffic from our roads, you'd see what will happen to okada. And also the government is paying less or no attention to these danfo drivers responsible for the traffic because the can stop anywhere on the road for minutes obstructing other people because the want to carry passengers.

Our government according to physic is a "Scalar Quantity".

I lafff
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by tunnytox(m): 4:28pm On Dec 02, 2011
Another fresh air from Jonathan!
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by gnykelly(m): 4:30pm On Dec 02, 2011
and the best way government eradicate poverty in Nigeria is to buy us OKADA now where do they want them to ride it: IN THE AIR. shocked.
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by Ttola(m): 4:31pm On Dec 02, 2011
nku5:

shey 'i pass my neighbour generator' no follow join this engine classification, ?.
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 02, 2011
This is funny. lemme say it again!

WHY NOT EVERY STATE GOVT CONTROL ITS STATE AND PAY TO THE FEDERAL. TOO MUCH POWER DEY THAT ABUJA!

Actually okada is not deserve in some URBAN states like lagos, abuja, port etc this places should be ban of okada

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Take On The Slave Labor In Nigerian Banks - Cramjones / Secrets Of Making Money Online As A Nigerian / Bureau De Change Operators React To Elimination Of Parallel Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.