Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Apart From The Civil War,what Else Did Ojukwu Do For His People? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apart From The Civil War,what Else Did Ojukwu Do For His People? (2005 Views)

Governor Fayose Climbs A Caterpillar To Hail His People In Ekiti (Photo) / Statistics Of The Biafrian War: What Chance Does Odua /arewa Military Have? / Anti-corruption War: What Do Nigerians Really Want? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apart From The Civil War,what Else Did Ojukwu Do For His People? by IYANGBALI: 9:42pm On Dec 02, 2011
Apart from the civil war that he led his people into and later abadoned them,what else did Ojukwu do for his people?i REALLY WANT TO KNOW
Re: Apart From The Civil War,what Else Did Ojukwu Do For His People? by realchange: 9:52pm On Dec 02, 2011
let me show you how stoopid your question is.
one day an assassin came to your house and swore that you must die that day.
you were almost dead when suddenly your brother showed up with a superior gun and chased away the assassin.
now my question to you.
would you be alive today if not for your brother that saved you? no is the answer. who can ever do anything greater than that for you? even money could not save you that day.
end of discussion
now crawl back to cave cool
Re: Apart From The Civil War,what Else Did Ojukwu Do For His People? by Chyz2: 9:55pm On Dec 02, 2011
realchange:

you were almost dead when suddenly your brother showed up with a superior gun and chased away the assassin.
now my question to you.
would you be alive today if not for your brother that saved you? no is the answer. who can ever do anything greater than that for you? even money could not save you that day.
end of discussion

Well said.
Re: Apart From The Civil War,what Else Did Ojukwu Do For His People? by tpia5: 9:56pm On Dec 02, 2011
i think the major achievement was he unified the Igbo.

especially the diasporan ones.
Re: Apart From The Civil War,what Else Did Ojukwu Do For His People? by TRUTHTELA: 9:57pm On Dec 02, 2011
Apart from LOOTING THE TREASURY  SLEEPING WITH HIS DAUGHTER-INLAW WHAT ELSE DID Obasanjo acomplished for his people? # justasking*
Re: Apart From The Civil War,what Else Did Ojukwu Do For His People? by PointB: 9:57pm On Dec 02, 2011
Stup.id thread.
next ->
Re: Apart From The Civil War,what Else Did Ojukwu Do For His People? by TRUTHTELA: 10:01pm On Dec 02, 2011
Apart from stealing public funds through ITT,& he ran away when push came to shove. He end up dying like a chicken. What else did Abiola do for his people? *justasking*
Re: Apart From The Civil War,what Else Did Ojukwu Do For His People? by JamesDoe: 10:06pm On Dec 02, 2011
I don't think you can divorce the Ojukwu legacy from his actions during the Civil war.

At the end of the day, post civil war he was a leader of his people whether you agree with his views/opinions or not.

And his people say he did a lot for them so who is to argue with that.
Re: Apart From The Civil War,what Else Did Ojukwu Do For His People? by IYANGBALI: 10:15pm On Dec 02, 2011
realchange:

now my question to you.
end of discussion
but he abadoned you when you needed him most cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
TRUTHTELA:

Apart from LOOTING THE TREASURY SLEEPING WITH HIS DAUGHTER-INLAW WHAT ELSE DID Obasanjo acomplished for his people? # justasking*
he is a nationalist who believes in one nigeria unlike your brother who was a local champion tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Apart From The Civil War,what Else Did Ojukwu Do For His People? by realchange: 10:16pm On Dec 02, 2011
your brother could have struck a deal with the assassin to even help the assassin kill you and share your properties after your death (like abiola and obasanjo helped the north foil awolowo's election). your brother stood firm and rejected the offer (like Ojukwu did) . he could have died trying to save you. he didn't run away. he remained faithful to you until death. few humans have such brothers.
igbo and easterners were lucky to have such a brother.
Re: Apart From The Civil War,what Else Did Ojukwu Do For His People? by tpia5: 10:16pm On Dec 02, 2011
@ op

^^you can rephrase your question to be less offensive.

good question, wrong or aggravating presentation.
Re: Apart From The Civil War,what Else Did Ojukwu Do For His People? by IYANGBALI: 10:21pm On Dec 02, 2011
tpia@:

@ op

^^you can rephrase your question to be less offensive.

good question, wrong or aggravating presentation.
it is meant for a purpose cool. to raise some people,s blood pressure and for me to have a good laugh
Re: Apart From The Civil War,what Else Did Ojukwu Do For His People? by Ngodigha1(m): 10:22pm On Dec 02, 2011
IYA NGBALI:

but he abadoned you when you needed him most cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Can you stop all this moronic threads and posts of yours at this time of great loss to easterners. I know you are looking for popularity, but you have already earned that. Are you not that only man in this world with 2 blocos?.
What else do you want?. Let this madness stop NOW.
Re: Apart From The Civil War,what Else Did Ojukwu Do For His People? by tpia5: 10:22pm On Dec 02, 2011
IYA NGBALI:

it is meant for a purpose cool. to raise some people,s blood pressure and for me to have a good laugh

^^obviously.

however, you accidentally asked a research question.
Re: Apart From The Civil War,what Else Did Ojukwu Do For His People? by Ngodigha1(m): 10:24pm On Dec 02, 2011
IYA NGBALI:

Whatever the case, it will not heal that your mother's blind left eye.
Re: Apart From The Civil War,what Else Did Ojukwu Do For His People? by IYANGBALI: 10:31pm On Dec 02, 2011
Ngodigha1:

Whatever the case, it will not heal that your mother's blind left eye.
i wont trade words with you than to tell you that your post shows the kind of home you come from and the kind of training that your parents gave you tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Apart From The Civil War,what Else Did Ojukwu Do For His People? by Ngodigha1(m): 10:36pm On Dec 02, 2011
IYA NGBALI:

i wont trade words with you than to tell you that your post shows the kind of home you come from and the kind of training that your parents gave you tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

You are right, they also trained me on how to spit on Awo's photograph whenever and wherever I see it.
How about that aspect of training?.
Re: Apart From The Civil War,what Else Did Ojukwu Do For His People? by dayokanu(m): 10:46pm On Dec 02, 2011
He showed them how to run away to Abidjan when Benjamin Adekunle gets close
Re: Apart From The Civil War,what Else Did Ojukwu Do For His People? by r231(m): 10:47pm On Dec 02, 2011
dayokanu:

Lmao grin grin grin
Re: Apart From The Civil War,what Else Did Ojukwu Do For His People? by Ngodigha1(m): 10:53pm On Dec 02, 2011
dayokanu:

He also showed them how to treat a Banjo who tried to overthrow him.
By the way, how is adekwunle doing in a nursing home?. I learnnt he requires new zimmer frames, commodes and napkins
Re: Apart From The Civil War,what Else Did Ojukwu Do For His People? by dayokanu(m): 10:58pm On Dec 02, 2011
^^ Are you confusing Adekunle for Ojukwu? Adekunle is hale and hearty while Ojuku became a veggie (Ugwu) like 5 yrs ago

He actually died like 5 times before he decided to end his miserable existence

Ojuku was the vegetable whose wife became the national carrier, the CUNTry bicycle, Keke Napep

All everyone dey ride am
Re: Apart From The Civil War,what Else Did Ojukwu Do For His People? by Ngodigha1(m): 11:05pm On Dec 02, 2011
^^^How can I help adekwunle in his nursing home. Another wheelchair required, but even at that, how about his pressure ulcers that has refused to heal?.
Are you not worried that blood-sucking demigod has been neglected by his own oyo people, his own nigeria he fought. A dead Ojukwu is better than a living Hadekwunle the bat.
Re: Apart From The Civil War,what Else Did Ojukwu Do For His People? by dayokanu(m): 11:08pm On Dec 02, 2011
What can be worse than a whole Ike-eba Wuruwuru whose brother is shining her Kongo in Ojukus bedroom

It was said that she infected Ojuku with the deadly HIV AIDS that killed him finally

Abeg when is Bian-car doing the CUNTry wide tour to Northern Nigeria . Some donkeys are interested since na National property.

1 Like

Re: Apart From The Civil War,what Else Did Ojukwu Do For His People? by TRUTHTELA: 11:13pm On Dec 02, 2011
@ OP, FYI, I'm not arguing for any IBO thing. Rather I will like you to view things OBJECTIVELY. If that ROGUE ( oBASANJO ) believed in Nigeria. He will not loot Nigeria's treasury. He will not keep your and your generations to come in perpetual darkness. He will not select a rogue like Gbenga Daniel, & which end up HUMILIATING Obasanjo, to loot the treasury. He believed in LOOT & DIE, & not any Nigeria. You & your conscience knows how much of a disgrace he is to the south-west. Abiola will never be honored. Nor will he ever be discussed on the floor of the senate the way they did with Ojukwu. The Nigeria U seem to like overnite has refuse to recognize or honor abiola & june 12. Soonest you'll see how they'll name an establishment after Ojukwu. However, it's IMPERATIVE to tell you that Ojukwu was born into WEALTH. Rather, U, Obasanjo & Abiola are all poverty stricken losers. Separate any of them from STOLEN WEALTH & se if they can stand. Loser!
Re: Apart From The Civil War,what Else Did Ojukwu Do For His People? by aljharem3: 11:14pm On Dec 02, 2011
IYA NGBALI:

Apart from the civil war that he led his people into and later abadoned them,what else did Ojukwu do for his people?i REALLY WANT TO KNOW

LOL this is the question NO SE PERSON would answer, they would rather curse you than give u an answer.

It is a case of being desperate for an[b] icon[/b] that is why someone like OJUKWU can be loved. Well at the end of the day, I guess since we are not SEerners, we cannot say much.
Re: Apart From The Civil War,what Else Did Ojukwu Do For His People? by aljharem3: 11:15pm On Dec 02, 2011
TRUTHTELA:

@ OP, FYI, I'm not arguing for any IBO thing. Rather I will like you to view things OBJECTIVELY. If that ROGUE ( oBASANJO ) believed in Nigeria. He will not loot Nigeria's treasury. He will not keep your and your generations to come in perpetual darkness. He will not select a rogue like Gbenga Daniel, & which end up HUMILIATING Obasanjo, to loot the treasury. He believed in LOOT & DIE, & not any Nigeria. You & your conscience knows how much of a disgrace he is to the south-west. Abiola will never be honored. Nor will he ever be discussed on the floor of the senate the way they did with Ojukwu. The Nigeria U seem to like overnite has refuse to recognize or honor abiola & june 12. Soonest you'll see how they'll name an establishment after Ojukwu. However, it's IMPERATIVE to tell you that Ojukwu was born into WEALTH. Rather, U, Obasanjo & Abiola are all poverty stricken losers. Separate any of them from STOLEN WEALTH & se if they can stand. Loser!

OP

you see what I am saying, they have NO ANSWER other than insults and curses grin grin grin

I am glad that not all Igbos are deluded as the ones on Nairaland
Re: Apart From The Civil War,what Else Did Ojukwu Do For His People? by TRUTHTELA: 11:30pm On Dec 02, 2011
@ Alj_Harem, There's nothing like INSULTS. A lot of Nigerian Youths are not fit to LIVE. They keep playing this ethnic game for nothing & the people LOOTING the Nigerian State, do one & say one. They know NO TRIBE. Obasanjo, Andy Uba, Dangote, David Mark, etc. What do they have in common? They'll never wash their dirty linen outside. In all HONESTY & OBJECTIVITY, point & say here is the MAN that LOVE Nigeria? & I WILL PIONT THE MAN THAT HASTEN THE DESTRUCTION OF NIGERIA.
Re: Apart From The Civil War,what Else Did Ojukwu Do For His People? by Ngodigha1(m): 11:39pm On Dec 02, 2011
dayokanu:

What can be worse than a whole Ike-eba Wuruwuru whose brother is shining her Kongo in Ojukus bedroom

It was said that she infected Ojuku with the deadly HIV AIDS that killed him finally

Abeg when is Bian-car doing the CUNTry wide tour to Northern Nigeria . Some donkeys are interested since na National property.
For you so much hate adekwule that you do care about his rotten life in a nursing home. He is not dead yet, but someone dead is better than him. If you love him, go and care for him instead of spreading falsehood and bigotry here. Shame.
Re: Apart From The Civil War,what Else Did Ojukwu Do For His People? by aljharem3: 11:46pm On Dec 02, 2011
TRUTHTELA:

@ Alj_Harem, There's nothing like INSULTS. A lot of Nigerian Youths are not fit to LIVE. They keep playing this ethnic game for nothing & the people LOOTING the Nigerian State, do one & say one. They know NO TRIBE. Obasanjo, Andy Uba, Dangote, David Mark, etc. What do they have in common? They'll never wash their dirty linen outside. In all HONESTY & OBJECTIVITY,  point & say here is the MAN that LOVE Nigeria? & I WILL PIONT THE MAN THAT HASTEN THE DESTRUCTION OF NIGERIA.

thank you, so you know these things and you consider Ojukwu a Hero  ?

Lets go back a bit, OBJ, does not represent the Yourba race

andy uba does not represent the Igbos

etc but since they know people's strong points and weak points due to there ethnocentric believe, they use it to manipulate people like you and I

Can you remember, the last election of Atiku, ciroma and Jonathan ?

Can you remember, eze ndigbo demanding there spot in Lagos  ? Is it meant to be so ? Ain't we voting and appointing people based on merit ? Why the demand of an ethnic representative ?

These are the questions we need to ask ourselves if we are been honest with urself

Why should someone looking for his own selfish earn, rally his ethnic group for that purpose ?
Re: Apart From The Civil War,what Else Did Ojukwu Do For His People? by tpia5: 12:00am On Dec 03, 2011
If we really want to list ojukwu's contributions to his people then we can still get the thread back on track though i'm not sure that's likely to happen.

As i pointed out before. Ojukwu was a unifying factor and a rallying point gfor igbos. As we know, unity is a very important aspect of the igbo worldview.

Secondly, ojukwu once again brought igbos to the world's attention. I think the last time that had happened in a significant manner was through olaudah equiano when he wrote his book. Also, chinua achebe with TFA.

In addition, the contributions of ojukwu's dad cant be ignored. I heard ojukwu transports used to be the main transportation company across southern nigeria and maybe the north back in the day. In addition, many of the companies and infrastructure which signalled the netry of nigeria into the global world market and established her entry into a modern international presence were pioneered by his dad, jointly with other investors and entrepreneurs. Eg the nigerian stock exchange.
Re: Apart From The Civil War,what Else Did Ojukwu Do For His People? by tpia5: 12:07am On Dec 03, 2011
Unfortunately, the heavy toll of the civil war also cant be ignored.

May the victims of that period rest in peace and i also hope their descendants as well as the wronged can one day find some closure.

People have different fates in this life. For some, the fates of millions rests in their hands while for others it could be the fate of only one person which is themself. May we not become intertwined in destiny gambles when the powers that be are waging war.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers.

Like caesar or somebody said, some are bron great while others have greatness thrust upon them. Same way some people may suddenly have the destiny of others thrust upon them.

Jesus himself warned about perilous times.
Re: Apart From The Civil War,what Else Did Ojukwu Do For His People? by TRUTHTELA: 12:17am On Dec 03, 2011
@ Alj, I have read so many books about Nigeria, PRE & POST INDEPENDENCE. I HAVE NEVER CONSIDERED Ojukwu to be a HERO, long before he died & I have engaged like minds on the same subject. A selfless & visionary man would have seen the handwriting on the wall. That is all I have to say. He made MISTAKES,SURE. However, we should not lose sight of his BACKGROUND, ANTECEDENTS & the PREVAILING CIRCUMSTANCE then. I knew how people in SOUTHERN Nigeria felt when NYSC members are been massacred in the NORTHERN part of Nigeria few months ago cos of elections. We can use that to gauge how the IBOS felt. Thereafter, BOKO-HARAM, have been bombing everywhere, WHAT IS THE ANTHEM ON NL, & out there in the public before the death of Ojukwu? DIVIDE THIS COUNTRY, THIS NORTHERNERS HAVE TO GO THEIR OWN, blah, blah, blah. why the clamor for DISINTEGRATION ON EVERY SOUTHERNER JUXTAPOSE & ANALYSE them all.

It is BAD & UNFAIR to be playing the ethnic card. And the foundation was perfectly laid. Consequently, whoever wants to ruin Nigeria, don't need to lose sleep, just invoke the DOCTRINE of RELIGION & TRIBALISM.

Thank you for discussing the issue intelligently. I can't stand those STREET GANGS that have nothing to say other than to call names. Or YORUBA this, IBO that. They failed to realize that the same TRIBALISM played a role in them nor having the BASIC THINGS OF LIFE. They better go get a life!

(1) (2) (Reply)

‘my Husband’s Death, El-rufai’s Demolition Forced Me Into Prostitution’ / SANUSI LAMIDO Sanusi:africa Must Get Real About Chinese Ties / Aso Rock Plots Impeachment Against Govs Of Kano, Kwara & 5 Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.