Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,944 members, 7,806,726 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

O Ye My People! - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / O Ye My People! (91507 Views)

Bring Ye All The Tights… / All Ye Libers!!!! / Nlanders Whose Command Shall Ye Obey!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (68) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: O Ye My People! by AjanleKoko: 10:05am On Dec 05, 2011
naijababe:

Where is my Lijadu sisters' cd nau angry cry

You mean LP.

isale_gan2:

hahahaha.  Ajanlesomething  undecided grin  I didn't start it; take it up with your fellow mod. tongue

angry tongue embarassed undecided grin
Re: O Ye My People! by blacksta(m): 2:10pm On Dec 05, 2011
2nd Page of Fluffness

grin
Re: O Ye My People! by OAM4J: 3:24pm On Dec 05, 2011
blacksta:

2nd Page of Fluffness

grin

hehehehe grin if only you know how many head of states and VIPs that are following the serious discussions on this thread grin
Re: O Ye My People! by blacksta(m): 4:27pm On Dec 05, 2011
OAM4J:

hehehehe grin if only you know how many head of states and VIPs that are following the serious discussions on this thread grin

Do u mean headless people grin
Re: O Ye My People! by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 05, 2011
OAM4J:

hahahaha I agree cheesy if he is not Wande himself, he will be a very close disciple. grin

Look at this Loserpool fan, abeg go siddon. cheesy

Disciple kilode?! Can you please tell Prof Abimbola to start their online programs soon, i wan become disciple like you na

AjanleKoko:

You mean LP.

LP ke? I had no idea you were that ancient abeg, i be nineties pikin. I don't even know what an LP is grin grin

Katsumoto:

Go to HMV nau. tongue tongue tongue

Prof Ola,

You can't escape that title; you are a full prof.

I don't know why I think he (Kilode) is Wande Abimbola. cool

Ewo ohun ologbo gbe wo'le.
Re: O Ye My People! by Kilode1: 3:12am On Dec 06, 2011
naijababe:

Disciple kilode?! Can you please tell Prof Abimbola to start their online programs soon, i wan become disciple like you na

LP ke? I had no idea you were that ancient abeg, i be nineties pikin. I don't even know what an LP is grin grin

Awon Iya mi niyen. You are just pulling our legs shey?

We know you don't need any Oyinbo technology to attend classes. You can be anywhere anytime. Iba o grin

Oga mi Katz. Awise agbaye ke? When people like you are still alive? I'm too small embarassed

Damn! See arinfin just because of a fluke 6-2 score. I blame SAF for all these insults. angry
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 5:48am On Dec 06, 2011
Kilode?!:

Damn! See arinfin just because of a fluke 6-2 score. I blame SAF for all these insults. angry

6-2 ke?  Dream on!

A big record-shattering soul-destroying 6-1.  Actually [size=14pt]1-6[/size], since it was at home.  ManU 1 - City 6!  grin  BTW, City are undefeated and 5 points ahead of your team smack-dab on top of the table. cry 

Kilode,
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-815425.96.html#msg9693700

I don't even know where to start!  shocked  Nice nom speech for Politics Section Poster, but whatthehey?  I did a double take when I saw you were considering Junkie!  I don't understand it.  lol.  Looks like it's a love thing to be honest.  Congratulations. cheesy

[flash=380,320]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23cSH7cMKBw[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23cSH7cMKBw

I see you encouraging Musiwa/Becomerich(?).  Great relationship you too have there.  It looks like a one-sided thing though.  Luckily, you now have Junkie to hold your hand.  Your days of unrequited love are over. grin
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-818620.0.html

Here's your Egbon Musiwa again.  He seems to want to pick a fight with the Iceman himself.  Where did that come from? lol. I think you'll have to act as go-between o.  An emissary. tongue
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-818479.32.html#msg9702949

Kilode?! Kilode?! Kilode?! It's your Nairaland, we're just posting on it.  tongue
Re: O Ye My People! by slimyem: 11:35am On Dec 06, 2011
what's the point of this thread?seriously!
Re: O Ye My People! by blacksta(m): 11:37am On Dec 06, 2011
slimyem:

what's the point of this thread?seriously!

to fluff us out
Re: O Ye My People! by slimyem: 11:43am On Dec 06, 2011
hmmm, buh the flluffing here appears confusing and uninteresting.
Guess its because this is an extension of some other thread i didn't see,
Re: O Ye My People! by blacksta(m): 12:43pm On Dec 06, 2011
slimyem:

hmmm, buh the flluffing here appears confusing and uninteresting.
Guess its because this is an extension of some other thread i didn't see,

Dont bother - that other thread was 100 pages of fluff grin
Re: O Ye My People! by slimyem: 1:01pm On Dec 06, 2011
^^yeah,i saw but canlt go throught it.fluffy fluffs!
Re: O Ye My People! by Kilode1: 2:20pm On Dec 06, 2011
Some people just don't get fluffs  grin

Isale yea, 6-1. Can't edit here. But that fletcher goal was 2 rolled into 1 tho.  embarassed
Re: O Ye My People! by Katsumoto: 5:44pm On Dec 06, 2011
naijababe:

NB,

I had to read that several times before I could undertsand that. angry Sho ara e. You have been warned to desist from using non-Lagos Yoruba.

slimyem:

If you carry on in this manner, you will be denied initiation into this thread. Don't let Butthead mislead you; he has been claiming from page 1 of the original thread that it was fluffy but yet he posted in that thread and this one from the start until your guess is as good as mine. Behave and Isale will conduct the ritual sorry initiation sorry welcoming party.

Kilode?!:

Awon Iya mi niyen. You are just pulling our legs shey?

We know you don't need any Oyinbo technology to attend classes. You can be anywhere anytime. Iba o grin

grin grin grin
Awon a, fun, , awon alagbara
Re: O Ye My People! by Katsumoto: 5:46pm On Dec 06, 2011
Isale,

Can you assist me with a video showing Spain celebrating winning the Davis Cup? Or just news about the feat? grin grin grin grin

Por favor senora
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 6:15pm On Dec 06, 2011
Spain wins Davis Cup after Nadal rallies from terrible start to beat Argentina’s Del Potro

By Associated Press, Published: December 4 | Updated: Monday, December 5, 1:15 AM

SEVILLE, Spain — Rafael Nadal is a winner once again.

The second-ranked Nadal overcame a terrible start to beat Argentina’s Juan Martin del Potro 1-6, 6-4, 6-1, 7-6 (0) on Sunday to clinch Spain’s third Davis Cup title in four years.

Nadal’s first title since winning his sixth French Open in June followed a run of below-par performances in which he acknowledged feeling less passionate about the sport as another long season took its toll. This victory gave Spain a 3-1 series lead, good enough for the country’s fifth Davis Cup title overall.

Nadal showed flashes of that poor end-of-season run, but eventually settled into his usual dominant groove on clay. Del Potro also committed 64 unforced errors as Nadal earned his 20th straight victory since debuting in the competition in 2004 with a loss.

“I’ve never had the chance to secure the winning point of a Davis Cup. In the end it came down to me,” said Nadal, who ensured Argentina remained the only nation to play in four finals without a victory.

Teammates Feliciano Lopez and Fernando Verdasco and captain Albert Costa were among those who enveloped Nadal after he dropped to the ground in celebration, while del Potro exited the arena in tears.

It was the third Davis Cup trophy for Nadal, who secured a point in the win over the United States as a teenager at the same Olympic Stadium in the 2004 final.

“It’s a special feeling since you’re playing at home in the last event of the year and it’s to win the Davis Cup and all of the emotion and happiness that comes with being on the court,” said Nadal, who missed the quarterfinal win in the United States before returning in the semifinals against France. “It’s going to be impossible to repeat.”

Not since the United States teams of the late 1970s and early 1980s has a country dominated the competition to such an extent.

“On home clay, they are probably one of the best teams in history,” Argentina captain Tito Vazquez said after Spain stretched its record home winning streak to 21 series.

While Nadal has come to rule on clay since 2005 — losing only seven matches on the surface since then— he endured his most lopsided set loss in the competition as del Potro hit forehand winners at will to break serve four straight times.

Del Potro’s pinpoint accuracy compounded Nadal’s sluggish start and gave the visitors hope of becoming the first team since Australia 72 years ago to come back from a 2-0 deficit in the Davis Cup final.

While del Potro struggled on serve throughout, the Argentine overpowered Nadal with a laser-like forehand that contributed to his 44 winners.

But del Potro then started misfiring and Nadal found his rhythm to break back in the second game of the second set before finally holding serve.

“That was a very important moment,” said Nadal, who routed Juan Monaco in his opening match. “After that game I felt like the match started for me.”

Nadal steadied thanks to his strong backhand and eventually smashed a forehand winner to secure the set and send nearly all 23,000 fans into wild celebrations.

“I’ve never played in front of such a crowd before,” said Nadal, one of only seven players to have completed a career grand slam of major titles.

Del Potro, who let slip a 2-1 set advantage in his opening singles loss to David Ferrer that took nearly five hours, sprayed his shots as nerves and fatigue appeared to creep into his game. Nadal ripped back-to-back forehand winners down the line to break early in the third set.

But a late comeback enabled Del Potro to break Nadal four times in the fourth set and send it to a tiebreaker. The Argentine then made four errors as Nadal raced ahead before securing victory without losing a point by hitting a forehand winner.

“He was dominating before that and I thought this might be the last set of the series, so I have to give it all,” said Del Potro, the 2009 U.S. Open champion. “I played a good match despite losing. I felt that once again I was very close to winning.”

Nadal and Ferrer are a combined 28-0 on clay in singles for Spain, which beat the Czech Republic in the 2009 final and opens its defense against Kazakhstan in February. Argentina, which also lost the 2008 final to Spain, will play Germany.

“It’s not going to be easy to get us four together again,” Ferrer said. “There are many talented players ready to step in. It’s a lot of years together and each one has to manage his calendar so to find a series where we’re all together again, and I don’t see that happening.”

Nadal said he won’t play in the event next year so he can focus on defending his gold medal at the London Olympics.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/othersports/tennis/spain-wins-davis-cup-after-nadal-rallies-from-terrible-start-to-beat-argentinas-del-potro/2011/12/04/gIQAnGrdSO_story.html
Re: O Ye My People! by Kilode1: 6:39pm On Dec 06, 2011
^
What are they rejoicing over? shior undecided

At the end of the day, their economy will collapse. Very soon too.

Spain and Europe is going down, it will be up to the children of Kosoko to bail them out. What a day that will be smiley

Up Lagos! Up Awon Eniyan dudu all over the world!
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 6:45pm On Dec 06, 2011
This is how it went down.  Interesting that it is on clay.  The few times I've watched the Davis Cup, it's always been on hard court.  I suppose it depends on the hosting location.  So, Nadal, the king of clay court tennis, takes it in front of a home crowd.  How fitting!

[flash=480,320]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WICVBkpAsLo[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WICVBkpAsLo

Not a lot of celebrations video posted yet, but this is up close with the fans.

[flash=380,320]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JWl16411mU[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JWl16411mU[/flash]

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_HM6G-LUuLI1ApcIrFfMKH9FocemhMZ4n-Mpns7Ssf50Xw-CE[/img]

[flash=420,320]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M33iOolUYto[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M33iOolUYto

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYTl41gh83mo9UI7jBksbgk_DgprYtGRogEvCBycnV-WS_EE5u[/img]

oh dear god. white guys dancing.  undecided
[flash=460,320]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO5pxbtC6lE[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO5pxbtC6lE
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 6:49pm On Dec 06, 2011
Kilode?!:

^

Spain and Europe is going down, it will be up to the children of Kosoko to bail them out. What a day that will be smiley

Don't mind that Katsumoto fella.

We'll show him. I'll find a video of Naijas celebrating the election of our FRESH AIR leader. A sign of better things to come, dammit! tongue

Naija o le baje. Kia kia. cheesy
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 6:56pm On Dec 06, 2011
Kilode?!:

Spain and Europe is going down, it will be up to the children of [b]Kosoko [/b]to bail them out. What a day that will be smiley

Are you related to Kosoko?  Brodaa mii. smiley O t'ojo meta! 

Wait!  No one knows where Kilode is from. undecided He's probably Sierra-Leonian mixed with Ghanaian with a sprinkling of Hausa.  All these people trying to claim Yoruba tipa-tipa. grin  I bet Katsumoto is closer to Kosoko than you are. SMH.
Re: O Ye My People! by OAM4J: 9:04pm On Dec 06, 2011
slimyem:

Hi slimyem, thanks for stopping by. You need to be initiated into the Highest Order of the People (HOP) to get the flow on this thread.

Awon Ologbon lo le ye, Awon Olumo lo le mo. (if your Yoruba is not that good get a translator) undecided

If you are ready to become a member speak now and I will ask Oluwo Kilode, Iyalode Naijababe and Erelu Isalegan2 to carry out your initiations grin
Re: O Ye My People! by OAM4J: 9:30pm On Dec 06, 2011
Kilode?!:

^

Well we have to help them with some aids and expatriates to rebuild their economy on the condition that they legalize polygamy and ban gay marriages grin
Re: O Ye My People! by Kilode1: 10:24pm On Dec 06, 2011
LOL @ OAM4J. You are Omo Akin for real. Death to the pompous spaniards lipsrsealed

Isale, I'm also 23% Tapa. I can claim anywhere under the spiritual jurisdiction of Ile Ife.

Naija ko tii baje patapata. I still believe in Goodluck Jonathan. embarassed
Re: O Ye My People! by Nobody: 10:51pm On Dec 06, 2011
Kilode?!:

LOL @ OAM4J. You are Omo Akin for real. Death to the pompous spaniards lipsrsealed

Isale, I'm also 23% Tapa. I can claim anywhere under the spiritual jurisdiction of Ile Ife.

You go believe now, iso'nu eku amunmora ni.

Katz, if you are a lil' nice to me i'll translate that for you for free

OAM4J:

Well we have to help them with some aids and expatriates to rebuild their economy on the condition that they ban polygamy and legalize man-lover marriages grin

grin grin grin grin
Re: O Ye My People! by VoodooDoll(m): 10:55pm On Dec 06, 2011
lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 1:02am On Dec 07, 2011
AjanleKoko:

embarassed undecided cheesy cool
Re: O Ye My People! by Katsumoto: 1:47am On Dec 07, 2011
OAM4J:

Well we have to help them with some aids and expatriates to rebuild their economy on the condition that they legalize polygamy and ban man-lover marriages grin

Don't worry, the liberals (Zapatero) have been kicked out and the conservatives are back in. Rajoy will reverse some of those liberal policies. FYI (and Oluwo Kilode), Spain is not insolvent.

I think you guys should be more worried about Boko Haram, your bumbling president, bad infrastructure, etc. Yes I said it tongue tongue tongue tongue

Kilode?!:

Hahan, ki la gbe, ki le ju?
Ki lo le to yen? Spain never had any negative impact on Nigeria; abeg free my people jor.

BTW, which one be 23% Tapa?

naijababe:

You go believe now, iso'nu eku amunmora ni.

Katz, if you are a lil' nice to me i'll translate that for you for free

grin grin grin grin

I am always nice to you. grin
Re: O Ye My People! by okadaman2: 4:29am On Dec 07, 2011
Katsumoto:

Don't worry, the liberals (Zapatero) have been kicked out and the conservatives are back in. Rajoy will reverse some of those liberal policies. FYI (and Oluwo Kilode), Spain is not insolvent.

I think you guys should be more worried about Boko Haram, your bumbling president, bad infrastructure, etc. Yes I said it  tongue tongue tongue tongue

Hahan, ki la gbe, ki le ju?
Ki lo le to yen? Spain never had any negative impact on Nigeria; abeg free my people jor.

BTW, which one be 23% Tapa? 

I am always nice to you.  grin

I knew it. The Japo-Spaniard will defend his conquistador descendants.  embarassed

Spaniards, through their pioneering atojuboro adventures, are directly or indirectly responsible for one of the biggest, cruelest illegal transfer of  human and material wealth in history. So, yes their actions produced negative impact jare.

It's their turn to be gutted and impoverished. I can see the future of Europe (maybe minus Germany sha) it's not pretty. I'll send cassava though. It's the least we can do.

Goodluck Jonathan is performing. Africa is rising jooo.

Who be Rajoy? is he a footballer? His name sounds like he'll be scoring own goals  grin

I'm 23% Tapa. I have Nupe Ancestors. Just like you have Kyoto ancestors nah.  tongue
Re: O Ye My People! by okadaman2: 4:30am On Dec 07, 2011
Yes that's my secon ID. Katsumoto outted it!
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 4:42am On Dec 07, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked   shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked undecided undecided undecided shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin  grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: O Ye My People! by okadaman2: 4:48am On Dec 07, 2011
^

Dang! So many emotions expressed there grin

Blame it on MPD embarassed
Re: O Ye My People! by Nobody: 4:50am On Dec 07, 2011
Is fstranger = okada man?

Just need to know who to ignore. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (68) (Reply)

We Saw This Python On Our Way Back From Church After Weeding / Avoid Doing These 6 Things As A Man If You Want To Live Long And Remain Fertile / Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.