Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,225 members, 7,780,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:08 PM

Burial Ceremonies - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Burial Ceremonies (1008 Views)

Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony / Dignitaries At The Burial Of Ooni Of Ife (photos) / Benin: Families Rent Cows, Mourners To Make Burial Ceremonies Colourful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Burial Ceremonies by spyder880(m): 8:54am On Dec 04, 2011
Do the spiit of dead parents haunt children if the children dont do burial ceremonies for their dead parents?
My friend is planning to bury his dad, grandfather and great grand father this Xmas, according to him, his few problems in his family is because his father is not happpy because he was not buried with full traditional rites? What is your opinion?
Re: Burial Ceremonies by ifyalways(f): 9:19am On Dec 04, 2011
IMO,that's bullshit.claiming spirits of the dead can hunt or disturb the living.However,as much as possible and I can afford,I won't hesistate to send my beloved ones home in a lil'bit of pomp especially if they were a part of my upbringing. . .they've earned it.

I think your friend has some loose change and wants to throw a funeral party not burial(they've all been burried innit?)

Anyhoo,each man to his/her convictions.
Re: Burial Ceremonies by spyder880(m): 11:48am On Dec 04, 2011
^^^^ yeah, I understand the 'loose change' angle and the need to celebrate something, anything.
Why didnt his grand father and father bury their great grand father well, why must they transfer the responsibility to this young man, did they leave any cash for him in the banks?
Re: Burial Ceremonies by ifyalways(f): 12:06pm On Dec 04, 2011
You sound as if anyone is forcing him.He believes failing to throw a lavish funeral aprty wud set him back and usher in bad omen,his cross to carry.His dad and grand dad does not share same sentiments. . .they buried the dead within their means.

IMO,NO one transfered anything to him.He just wanna do it.

(1) (Reply)

My Name Is Not Aje Butter / Rebranding Nigeria- “Culture And Tradition” / Official Ngwa Thread (Meet Your Fellow Ngwa)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.