Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

Was Mohammed The Prophet Of Whom Moses Spoke? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Mohammed The Prophet Of Whom Moses Spoke? (4411 Views)

Was Mohammed A Real Prophet ? / The Prophet Of Allah / Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Mohammed The Prophet Of Whom Moses Spoke? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 06, 2011
"Deuteronomy 18:18 says that God would raise up a prophet like Moses from among their brothers. The Israelites (the Jews) and the Ishmaelites (Arabs) were brothers. The prophecy states that ‘I will put my words in his mouth and he will tell them everything I command him.’
“Moses was born with a human mother and father, he married, had children, etc. Jesus was born miraculously, he had no human father, he never married, never had children, etc.

My question is this: Who is the Bible speaking of, since Jesus was unlike Moses in every way?"

I appreciate the opportunity to respond to this statement/question from a young gentleman who recently has converted to the Islamic system. He subscribes to the theory that Mohammed, not Jesus Christ, was the “prophet” referred to by Moses in Deuteronomy 18:15-19. There are several serious fallacies in this view of the Old Testament passage.

Is Deuteronomy Reliable?
It is not a consistent position to argue that the book of Deuteronomy contains a true prophecy regarding Mohammed, and then, as many Muslim scholars do, denigrate the Torah as unreliable. A leading Muslim apologist writes:

“The first five books of the Old Testament do not constitute the original Torah, but parts of the Torah have been mingled up with other narratives written by human beings and the original guidance of the Lord is lost in that quagmire” (Alhaj A.D. Ajijola, The Essence of Faith in Islam, Lahore, Pakistan: Islamic Publications Ltd., 1978), p. 79.

Did God Reveal the Gospel?
On the other hand, the Qur’an refers to the Christian Gospel as that which “God hath revealed” (Sura 5:50). A commentary on this passage says:
“If Christians follow not their light, they are rebellious” (The Holy Qur’an — Translation and commentary by A. Yusuf Ali, Islamic Propagation Centre International, 1946).

In view of this, unless the Christian wishes to be “rebellious,” he must subscribe to the truth that Moses’ prophecy in Deuteronomy 18:15ff has reference to Christ, not Mohammed. This is precisely the point that Peter made when he proclaimed the Gospel to the Jews in those early days of Christian history (Acts 3:18-23).

“But the things which God foreshowed by the mouth of all the prophets, that his Christ should suffer, he thus fulfilled. Repent ye therefore, and turn again, that your sins may be blotted out, that so there may come seasons of refreshing from the presence of the Lord; and that he may send the Christ who hath been appointed for you, even Jesus: whom the heaven must receive until the times of restoration of all things, whereof God spake by the mouth of His holy prophets that have been from of old. Moses indeed said, A prophet shall the Lord God raise up unto you from among your brethren, like unto me. To him shall ye hearken in all things whatsoever he shall speak unto you. And it shall be, that every soul that shall not hearken to that prophet, shall be utterly destroyed from among the people.”

Was Jesus Like unto Moses?
That there were some insignificant dissimilarities between Moses and Jesus, such as the fact that Moses was married and Jesus was not, proves nothing. There were numerous disparities between Moses and Mohammed. Moses was born in Egypt, Mohammed in Mecca. Moses was taken by God at the age of 120; Mohammed died a natural death at the age of 63, etc.

The reality is, however, there are significant similarities between the work of Moses and that of Christ. Consider the following:

Kings sought to destroy both Moses and Jesus when they were babies (Ex. 1,2; Mt. 2).
Both were sent by God to be deliverers (Ex. 3:8; Rom. 11:26).
Both Moses and Christ authenticated their missions with miracles (Ex. 4:1ff; Jn. 20:30-31).
Both gave laws from God (Jer. 31:31ff; Jn. 1:17).
Both mediated on behalf of their people (Ex. 32:32; Gal. 3:19; 1 Tim. 2:5).
Both supplied bread for the people (Ex. 16:15; Jn. 6:49ff).
Both Moses and Christ had a “baptism” which provided a transition from bondage to freedom (Ex. 14:30; cf. 1 Cor. 10:2; Gal. 3:27).
Both men were specially tended by God at the event of their deaths (Dt. 34:6; Lk. 23:46).
Moses and Christ united in song in praising the mighty works of God (cf. Ex. 15; Rev. 15:3).

It is not accurate, therefore, to assert: that “Jesus was unlike Moses in every way.” A comparison between Moses and Islam’s “prophet” cannot begin to compare with the parallels listed above.

The Relationship of the Jews and Ishmaelites
The fact that Moses and Ishmael sustained a distant relationship is hardly relevant in this matter. The Edomites (descendants of Esau) were also “brothers” to Israel (Obad. 10,12). In fact, the murder of a fellow-human is prohibited on the basis of a common “brother” relationship between all men, since all humans are made in God’s image (Gen. 9:6; cf. Acts 17:26-29).

Was Mohammed the Prophet?
To suggest that Mohammed is the “prophet” foretold in Deuteronomy 18 contradicts the Qur’an, which declares that the “Prophethood and Revelation” was to come through the “progeny” of Isaac and Jacob — not Ishmael (Sura 29:27). In his translation of this passage, A. Yusuf Ali has added the name “Abraham” in parentheses, so as to embrace Ishmael, though the patriarch’s name is not in the Arabic version of the text (Norman Geisler & Abdul Saleeb, Answering Islam, Grand Rapids: Baker Books, 1993, pp. 148-149).

Also, compare this emendation with the claim of Muslim writers that it “is impossible for [the Qur’an] to suffer any change or alteration” (Arthur Jeffery, Islam, Muhammad and His Religion, New York: Bobbs-Merrill, 1958, p. 128).

Did Jesus Tell the Truth?
The young man spoke accurately when he acknowledged that Jesus “was born miraculously” — that he had no “human” father. Christ did not have a “human” father, as indeed the Qur’an itself teaches (Sura 3.47; 19:20). However, the Qur’an further says that the new-born Jesus spoke to Mary and her people from “the cradle” and said: “I am indeed a servant of God: he has given me revelation and made me a prophet” (19:30).

If the Qur’an is true, and this “servant” and “prophet” was given “revelation” from God, why do Muslims not believe that “prophet” — who declared, under oath, that he was the “Son of the Blessed” (Mk. 14:61-62; cf. Mt. 26:62-63; Lk. 22:70-71). The Qur’an subsequently says that “it is not befitting” that Jesus should be identified as the Son of God (Sura 19:35; cf. Sura 112). But Jesus affirmed his unique Son-of-God relationship so adamantly that it infuriated the Jews, and they sought to stone him (see Jn. 5:17-18).

And so, while our young friend is obviously sincere in his newly-discovered religious persuasion, he is quite in error in his allegiance to Mohammed. We trust that he will study his way to a better understanding of sacred truth.

Article
Re: Was Mohammed The Prophet Of Whom Moses Spoke? by theseeker2: 2:55pm On Dec 06, 2011
Please i have one simple question for you, if Mohammed was not this fortold Prophet! Who was it? Please tell evryone on NL who you think it was. We are waiting! Please dont run away like you always do
Re: Was Mohammed The Prophet Of Whom Moses Spoke? by theseeker2: 3:21pm On Dec 06, 2011
Frosbel!!!! Where are you?
Re: Was Mohammed The Prophet Of Whom Moses Spoke? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 06, 2011
the_seeker:

Please i have one simple question for you, if Mohammed was not this fortold Prophet! Who was it? Please tell evryone on NL who you think it was. We are waiting! Please dont run away like you always do

Christ Jesus.

It cannot be Muhammad, because the bible is corrupt, grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Was Mohammed The Prophet Of Whom Moses Spoke? by Kx: 3:57pm On Dec 06, 2011
frosbel:

My question is this: Who is the Bible speaking of, since Jesus was unlike Moses in every way?"
the_seeker link=topic=819005.msg9706157#msg9706157 date=1323179741:

Please tell evryone on NL who you think it was. [quote author=frosbel link=topic=819005.msg9706654#msg9706654 date=1323183224]
Christ Jesus.
It cannot be Muhammad, because the bible is corrupt, grin grin grin grin grin
[/quote]

Just wondering, if u already knew the answer, why ask the question?
Re: Was Mohammed The Prophet Of Whom Moses Spoke? by theseeker2: 4:21pm On Dec 06, 2011
Ladies and gentlemen, frosbel has categorically declared that Jesus is the Prophet promised by Moses.
Now lets hear what Christ Jesus said when asked the same question.

They asked him, "Then who are you? Are you Elijah?" He said, "I am not." "Are you the Prophet?" He answered, "No." john 1:21

So who is lying here? Frosbel or our Dear jesus?

God follows this prophecy with the stern warning below

It shall come about that whoever will not listen to My words which The Prophet shall speak in My name, I Myself will require it of him deut 18:18

There is no where in the bible where God has made such a serios threat. So my dear since you have not been able to establish who this Prophet is, let alone hearken his words, then you should be afraid, very afraid!

1 Like

Re: Was Mohammed The Prophet Of Whom Moses Spoke? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 06, 2011
the_seeker:

Ladies and gentlemen, frosbel has categorically declared that Jesus is the Prophet promised by Moses.
Now lets hear what Christ Jesus said when asked the same question.

They asked him, "Then who are you? Are you Elijah?" He said, "I am not." "Are you the Prophet?" He answered, [b]"No." john 1:21
[/b]
So who is lying here? Frosbel or our Dear jesus?

God follows this prophecy with the stern warning below

It shall come about that whoever will not listen to My words which The Prophet shall speak in My name, I Myself will require it of him. Deut 18:19[color=#990000][/color]

There is no where in the bible where God has made such a serios threat. So my dear since you have not been able to establish who this Prophet is, let alone hearken his words, then you should be afraid, very afraid!

You have just 'shot yourself in the foot ' here.

This question was posed to John the Baptist and not Christ Jesus.

Wow !!!

You completely missed this one grin grin grin

Let me totally rip your logic with the correct bible quotation :

John the Baptist Denies Being the Messiah

19 Now this was John’s testimony when the Jewish leaders[c] in Jerusalem sent priests and Levites to ask him who he was. 20 He did not fail to confess, but confessed freely, “I am not the Messiah.”
21 They asked him, “Then who are you? Are you Elijah?”

He said, “I am not.”

“Are you the Prophet?”

He answered, “No.”

22 Finally they said, “Who are you? Give us an answer to take back to those who sent us. What do you say about yourself?”

23 John replied in the words of Isaiah the prophet, “I am the voice of one calling in the wilderness, ‘Make straight the way for the Lord.’”[d]

24 Now the Pharisees who had been sent 25 questioned him, “Why then do you baptize if you are not the Messiah, nor Elijah, nor the Prophet?”

26 “I baptize with[e] water,” John replied, “but among you stands one you do not know. 27 He is the one who comes after me, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie.”

28 This all happened at Bethany on the other side of the Jordan, where John was baptizing.

John Testifies About Jesus

29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! 30 This is the one I meant when I said, ‘A man who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’ 31 I myself did not know him, but the reason I came baptizing with water was that he might be revealed to Israel.”
32 Then John gave this testimony: “I saw the Spirit come down from heaven as a dove and remain on him. 33 And I myself did not know him, but the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, ‘The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is the one who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.’ 34 I have seen and I testify that this is God’s Chosen One.”[f]

I rest my case.
Re: Was Mohammed The Prophet Of Whom Moses Spoke? by theseeker2: 4:54pm On Dec 06, 2011
Am sincerly sorry for the mix up but that in no way weakens the arguement. Recall john was asked three seperate questions. He was asked whether he was, christ, elijah and john and aswered NO three times. Meaning he (john) and the questioner knew those 3 are different personalities. The jews were expecting christ, elijah and the prophet. So how then can christ and the pophet be one and the same person?

1 Like

Re: Was Mohammed The Prophet Of Whom Moses Spoke? by plappville(f): 9:33pm On Dec 06, 2011
the_seeker:

Am sincerly sorry for the mix up but that in no way weakens the arguement. Recall john was asked three seperate questions. He was asked whether he was, christ, elijah and john and aswered NO three times. Meaning he (john) and the questioner knew those 3 are different personalities. The jews were expecting christ, elijah and the prophet. So how then can christ and the pophet be one and the same person?

@the_seeker, Frosbel's article gave a clear evidence that mohammed in no way do not posses a single quality of Moses phrophecy. but u seem to be yet convince instead misqouting the bible!, but its ok, this can be out of ignorance. I hereby post u another good article, still on this facts, but more more examples of JESUS AND MOSES uniqueness.

While there are some similarities Mohammed shared with Moses’ life, there are even more differences. This is where the waters part. For example, Moses was learned in all the wisdom of the Egyptians (Acts 7:22). We find Mohammed is believed by almost all Muslims to be illiterate. They use this as a strong point of God using someone without an education. Moses received his revelation direct from God speaking to him first and with God’s own finger writing the commandments on stone tablets. Mohammed received his revelation from the Angel Gabriel while on the ground having convulsions according to their own sources. It is a fact that even Mohammed questioned what was the source thinking it was jinn.

There are more similarities between Moses and Jesus than Mohammed and Jesus. Moses and Jesus were both Jewish, which corresponds to the term brethren in Deut.18. They both left Egypt to bring deliverance to their own people. “Out of Egypt I have called my son.” (Israel being the national son of God and Jesus being the eternal Son of God.) Both forsook riches to identify with their people. (Heb.11:26, 2 Cor.8:9). Instead Mohammed took riches in his conquering the people. One of the keys to identifying this prophet of Deut.18;15-18 is in Deut.34:10-11, “Since there has not risen a prophet like Moses whom the Lord knew face to face, in all the signs and wonders which the Lord sent him to do in the land of Egypt before pharaoh, before all his servants and in all the land.”

First we see that Moses had a unique relationship to God more than any other man. Mohammed could never claim this, but Jesus could. Jn.1:1 tells us He was there as the Word from the beginning, He was with God (Toward Him, face to face in relationship) and was God. Jn.1:18 tells us He was in a special place in relation to the Father, the greatest place of endearment (His bosom signifying closeness). This same person, the Word, was made flesh Jn.1:14. One of the major characteristics of this prophet is that He would have a relationship like Moses, this can only mean Jesus, since He stated no one knows the Father except he who is from him and no one knows the Son except the Father. Moses performed many signs and wonders even saving the entire nation from the pursuit of their Egyptian enemies. Mohammed on the other hand had no signs or miracles to validate his claim of being the prophet. Yet this is required from the Old Testament law. When asked why don’t you perform miracles like the other prophets did He responded this is my miracle the Koran. So the Koran is the only claim to a miracle by Mohammed.

Even the Koran mentions Jesus miracles though they claim some were performed from his cradle (Sura 3:49, 19:29-34) and also as a child of five years of age. Both of these accounts are parallel to two Apocryphal books, the Gospel of Thomas and the Gospel of his infancy. Neither is found in the New Testament which clearly states his first miracle occurred at the wedding feast of Cana.[this is the beginning of signs Jn.2:11]. In this way these and other portrayals of Jesus Islam presents is not the same as the Bibles. Now that we have looked at Moses and Mohammed lets look at a list of parallels between Moses and Jesus. For there is a consistent typology in Moses showing what the Messiah would be like.

(1) Both Moses and Jesus were born when Israel was under bondage (Moses in Egypt Ex.1:8,10, and Jesus during Israel's Roman bondage. Mt.2:1,Lk.2:1-2)

(2) Edicts were issued by the gentile powers of both Pharaoh and Herod for their death at birth. (Ex.2:3, Mt.2:15)

(3) Both were miraculously delivered from death during their infancy from their enemies of Israel (Ex.2:3, Lk.2:7;Mt 2:14,15) and were preserved in childhood.

(4) Both had been born and found in unusual places. Moses was found in the water floating in a basket of bulrushes (Ex.2:3) Jesus in a manger (cave) wrapped in burial cloths (Lk.2:7) (5) Both Moses and Jesus were protected and preserved by the faith of their parent. Moses was hidden by faith (Ex.2:2-3 and Heb.11:23) Jesus’ life was preserved by his parents obeying the message in a dream. (Mt.2:13-14)

(6) Both Moses and Jesus stayed safely in Egypt for a time. Moses (Ex.2:10) Jesus dwelt safely in Egypt (Mt.2:14-15)

(7) Both had their brethren and family speak against them. Moses had Mariam and Aaron speak against him taking a Cushite wife (Numb.12:1) Jesus had his family criticize and reject him (Mt.13:54-57, Jn.7:3)

(cool Both Moses and Jesus were reared in the house that was not their natural parents. (Moses in the house of Pharaoh (Ex.2:10) Jesus by Mary the mother of his humanity and his stepfather Joseph.

(9) Both predicted Israel's history (Deut.28:15-28; Mt.23:34,24:1,2,8,34)

(10) Both spoke out against Israel's enemies and persecutors. (Deut.23:3-4; Mt.25:41-48)

(11) Both were considered a snare to Israel (Ex10:7; 1Pt.2:8=Isa.8:14)

(12) Both cleansed leprosy. From Moses’ time no one that was Jewish was cleansed until Jesus came (Numb.12:10-16, Mk.1:40-41). This is a very significant factor that proves Jesus was the prophet Moses spoke of, since no other cured one of the brethren of this disease from Moses' time.

(13) Both were used of God to feed Israel miraculously, Moses with manna in the wilderness (Ex.16:14-17) Jesus with the five loaves and two fish fed four and five thousand two times. (Mt.14:19-21) Jesus also called himself the true manna that came from heaven in Jn.6, comparing himself to the miracle that sustained Israel alive through the desert.

(14) Both had the forces of nature obey them (the seas) Moses (Ex.14:21-22) Jesus (Mt.8:26-27)

(15) Each had seventy helpers Moses (Num.11:16-17) Jesus ( Lk.10:1).

(16) Both fasted 40 days and 40 nights in the wilderness to bring a covenant to Israel. Moses on the top of Mt. Sinai (Ex.24:18, 34:28, Deut.9:9) Jesus in the desert as the Son of God (Mt.4:2)

(17) Both had a face to face relationship with God unlike any other person. Moses (Ex.33:9-11, Deut.34:10; Numb.12:7-cool Jesus was with God=face to face from eternity (Jn.1:1,18)

(18) God spoke audibly and directly from heaven to both Moses and Jesus. Moses (Ex.20:22, 24:12-16) Jesus (Mt.3:17; Jn.12:28)

(19) Both were God's spokesman to and for the people. Moses (Ex.9:35; Numb.12:2) Jesus (Heb.1:1-3). They Spoke as oracles of God (Moses Deut. 18:18) Jesus (Jn.14:24, 5:24)

(20) Both Moses and Jesus reflected and shown the glory of God. Moses reflected his glory temporarily. (Ex.34:29-35; 2 Cor.3:7-14) Jesus at the transfiguration, his face shown brighter than the sun revealing his true nature (Mt.17:2; Jn.1:14)

(21) Both were known for their humility and meekness as God's servants. Moses (Numb.12:3) Jesus (Mt.11:29; Phil.2:3-cool

(22) Both contended with masters of deception and darkness Moses with Pharaohs magicians (Ex 7:11, 1 Tim.3:cool Jesus with the Devil (Mt 4:1).

(23) Both prayed for the people intercessory prayers and were willing to bear the consequences of the people's sins. Moses asked to be blotted out of the book of life for the peoples sake (Ex.32:32-33). Jesus asked for them to be kept from falling away (Jn. 17:9-17). Jesus asked for those to be forgiven while he bore the consequences in their stead. (Lk.23:34, 2 Cor.5:19, 1 Pt.2:21-24, Isa.53:cool

(25) Both Moses and Jesus were rejected by their own brethren for a time and accepted by the gentiles. Moses (Ex.2:14-22, 32:1) Jesus was rejected by his own people and received by another who were not his own. (Isa.53:3; Mt.12:21; Mk.6:4; Lk.20:9-17, Rom.11:20)

(26) Both Moses and Jesus established a priesthood. Moses began the Aaronic priesthood which was temporary under the law (Lev.9; Numb.8:20-26; Heb.9:19-22). Jesus established a eternal priesthood under the new covenant of grace which He alone functions as the high priest forever. (Heb.7:17,19,23,25-28; 9:12)

(27) Both sprinkled the blood of the covenant on the altar and the people. Moses (Ex.24:7-8; Lev.8:19) Jesus (Heb.9,12:24; 1Pt.1:2)

(28) Both were sent by God to reveal His name, person and law to the people. To Moses God said to tell them I Am sent you. (Ex.3:13-14) Jesus said God sent him as his exact representative revealing his name (I Am) and nature to the people. (Jn.8:42; 17:6,11-12; Col.2:9; Heb.1:3)

(29) Both were involved in giving the covenant to the people Jn.1:17 the law came through Moses but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.” At the feast of Pentecost Moses gave the law. At the feast (Pentecost) in the new covenant Jesus gave the Holy Spirit (Acts 2).

(30) Both brought deliverance to the Jewish people. Those who followed Moses out of the bondage of slavery to Egypt. (Ex.3:7-8,10;12:31-33,42) Jesus brought people out of a greater bondage, slavery to sin. (Rom.3:24-25,6:6-7,8:2-4; Eph.1:7;Heb.9:26)

(31) Both had an angel guard their graves. After Moses died Michael the Arch-angel guarded his body. (Jude 9) And when Jesus rose an angel guarded his tomb. (Mt.26:2-6)

(32) Both re-appeared after they died, Moses ( Mt 17:3 with Jesus before his death) Jesus (Acts 1:3)

In no way is this an exhaustive comparison. Through the parallels of persons, ministries, attitudes and miracles, it is clear Mohammed falls short of all of these to be qualified as the one Moses spoke of. While the Muslim continues to persist in calling the Scripture corrupted, it is these same Scriptures they use to point to their prophet Mohammed as the fulfillment of Deut.18. It is these same Scriptures that speak of the prophets, including Jesus. If one looks at the testimony of the prophets and God who cannot lie, we find the true witness. In Jn.5:39 Jesus says, “You search the Scriptures for in them you think you have eternal life and these are they that testify of me. Vs.46.“If you believed Moses, you would believe me; for he wrote of me, but if you do not believe his writings, how will believe my words.” Something to seriously consider.
Re: Was Mohammed The Prophet Of Whom Moses Spoke? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 06, 2011
the_seeker:

Did you read this - 29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! 30 This is the one I meant when I said, ‘A man who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’ 31 I myself did not know him, but the reason I came baptizing with water was that he might be revealed to Israel.”

Another desperately confused muslim. cheesy
Re: Was Mohammed The Prophet Of Whom Moses Spoke? by plappville(f): 9:36pm On Dec 06, 2011
frosbel:

Christ Jesus.

It cannot be Muhammad, because the bible is corrupt,  grin grin grin grin grin

It is not corrupt when they need it to back up MOHA! grin grin
Re: Was Mohammed The Prophet Of Whom Moses Spoke? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 06, 2011
plappville:

It is not corrupt when they need it to back up MOHA! grin grin

it is partially corrupt. The sections that contain mohammad are ok, the parts that expose him for the fraud he is - written by Paul and the pen of the scribes!  grin
Re: Was Mohammed The Prophet Of Whom Moses Spoke? by theseeker2: 9:43pm On Dec 06, 2011
Davidylan i wanst talkin to you. Let frosbel come and answer for himself
Re: Was Mohammed The Prophet Of Whom Moses Spoke? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 06, 2011
the_seeker:

Davidylan i wanst talkin to you. Let frosbel come and answer for himself

I only highlighted what Frosbel had already said since it seems you were too blind to see it. Why are you afraid? grin
Re: Was Mohammed The Prophet Of Whom Moses Spoke? by paris10: 12:36am On Dec 07, 2011
I am sick and tired of ignorant a.s.s fanatic religious Muslims always wanting to quote the Bible out of context. The other day, one of their brothers was arguing that the holy ghost promised by Jesus was Mohammed. One said the comforter was the Mohammed. Listen guys, you have to read the whole chapter of a book before knowing what was said and to whom it was referred to.

Now to the discuss, Moses was plainly referring to Jesus and not some arabian war- monger Mohammed. And for your advice, quoting a verse in the Bible will not help you either. And to some of you ignorant Christians arguing with these religious mongers, you should cover your face in shame. What has light got to do with darkness? What has God got to do with Allah? God said for this reason shall[b] a[/b] man leave his parents and shall be one with his wife. Allah said as long as you can take care of these women, you can marry upto four. Who is saying the truth here? Y'll know that Jesus is the truth, abi una no know?

The Muslims will open the Bible and confusedly quote a passage of scripture that suit their argument, not knowing what was actually said or meant. Mohammed could and would never have been mentioned in the Bible because he was irrelevant and doesn't belong to the lineage of Jesus Christ. He was an outcast who came up with his own belief just like Joseph Smith of the Mormon.

Be careful guys and study to show yourself approve.  You see I dint quote any scripture, because there's none that said anything concerning Mohammed. The opposite of the Bible is the Quran. Everything the Bible says, the Quran would say otherwise. Bible says God begat Jesus, Quran says Allah begat no one. One mumu even said Jesus denied being the prophet, No he did not, John the Baptist denied being the Prophet.
Re: Was Mohammed The Prophet Of Whom Moses Spoke? by plappville(f): 1:02am On Dec 07, 2011
I am sick and tired of ignorant a.s.s fanatic religious Muslims always wanting to quote the Bible out of context. The other day, one of their brothers was arguing that the holy ghost promised by Jesus was Mohammed. One said the comforter was the Mohammed.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Thats Muslims for u!!!
Re: Was Mohammed The Prophet Of Whom Moses Spoke? by plappville(f): 1:12am On Dec 07, 2011
Mohammed could and would never have been mentioned in the Bible [/b]because he was irrelevant and doesn't belong to the lineage of Jesus Christ. He was an outcast who came up with his own believe just like Joseph Smith of the Mormon.

We ere warn about him, its in the bible see it: [b]Matt 7:15 Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Matthew 24:11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.

Matthew 24:24 For false Christs and false prophets will appear and"perform great signs and miracles" to deceive even the elect--if that were possible.

Ezekiel 22:27 Her officials within her are like wolves tearing their prey; they shed blood and kill people to make unjust gain

[s]Mohammed did not even perform any miracle that could ve qualified him a God sent prophet, he only parform promotion of violence and terrorism.[/s]
Re: Was Mohammed The Prophet Of Whom Moses Spoke? by paris10: 3:19am On Dec 07, 2011
plappville:

We ere warn about him, its in the bible see it: Matt 7:15 Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Matthew 24:24 For false Christs and false prophets will appear and"perform great signs and miracles" to deceive even the elect--if that were possible.

Ezekiel 22:27 Her officials within her are like wolves tearing their prey; they shed blood and kill people to make unjust gain

[s]Mohammed did not even perform any miracle that could ve qualified him a God sent prophet, he only parform promotion of violence and terrorism.[/s]

I don't want to curse you o. But let me teach you with love. The false prophets mentioned in the Bible are todays Pastors who go about preaching heresies. The Bible wasn't referring to Muslims but false Christian preachers like Pastor Fireman, the likes of Oyakhilome, Ashimolowo, maybe G.O Adeboye the rest of this so called prosperity preachers.

Stop quoting the Bible if you don't understand it please! What is wrong with people nowadays?
Re: Was Mohammed The Prophet Of Whom Moses Spoke? by theseeker2: 10:39am On Dec 07, 2011
plappville:

We ere warn about him, its in the bible see it: Matt 7:15 Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

The verse below puts things in proper perpective. Who is christ talking about below. Is it muslims or hindus that perform miracles in christ name? NO! Its you xtians of course. So be prepared to hear these words below on that day when christ shall deny you all as you are being marched to hell

Matthew 7:22-23
New International Version (NIV)22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Again you said since Mohammed did not perform miracles he does not qualify to be a prophet. But how come your lord Jesus called JOhn the baptist the greatest man born of a woman despite performing no miracles, even greater than Moses and all his bags of miracles

"truely i say onto you, among those born of women, there has arisen none greater than John the Baptist!, " math 11:11

nothwithstading Mohammed performed a lot of miracles in his life including the splitting of the moon. Yes the splitting of the moon! If you want me to prove it you will have to start by proving how Moses split an entire sea and Christ walked on liquid water. The issue is we muslims are not miracles peddlers like you xtians. We do not need miracles to believe or have faith, the Truth is enough for us. You guys on the other hand live and die for miracles. That is why you shall lose on that day as Christ himself has warned you.
Re: Was Mohammed The Prophet Of Whom Moses Spoke? by bashydemy(m): 11:36am On Dec 07, 2011
I have been reading through all the post and i think some people are just confused,  Frosbel you bring out some similarities between Moses,Jesus, and Mohammad. You also said Moses and Mohammad has both parent why Jesus has only Mother. Moses and Mohammad are married with children but Jesus did not,  Talking about Miracles, Like the seeker said there are lots of Miracles perform by only prophet But we are not Miracle mongers

Matthew 16:4:
4A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign, and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonah." And He left them and departed.

and about what they ask John

John 1:18-22:

18No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He hath declared Him.

19And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, "Who art thou?"

20And he confessed and denied not, but confessed, "I am not the Christ."

21And they asked him, "What then? Art thou Elijah?" And he said, "I am not." "Art thou that Prophet?" And he answered, "No."

22Then said they unto him, "Who art thou, that we may give an answer to those who sent us? What sayest thou of thyself?"

So tell me if he is not Chtist,Elijah, the the prophet, then who is the prophet and why did they refuse to mention the name of the prophet?
Re: Was Mohammed The Prophet Of Whom Moses Spoke? by proo212(m): 12:24pm On Dec 07, 2011
@ the seeker perhaps you should have started your bible quote from verse 21 then on to 22-23 that you quoted. 21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord' will enter the kingdom of heaven but only those who do the will of my father in heaven.

Then you can carry on to the verse you quoted. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to know you quoted that verse inappropriately. I dare say even the most hardened atheist can tell what that passage meant.

You have even committed another blunder, did your prophet do the will of our Lord's father? The same book of Matthew chapter 5 @ verse 44 love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you. Did your prophet preach that?
Re: Was Mohammed The Prophet Of Whom Moses Spoke? by theseeker2: 12:52pm On Dec 07, 2011
Proof212, you are even roping up yourself the more. i am asking you. Is it muslims or hindus that call jesus Lord Lord or do they prophesize and do mirackes in his name?
Re: Was Mohammed The Prophet Of Whom Moses Spoke? by bashydemy(m): 1:19pm On Dec 07, 2011
proo212:

@ the seeker perhaps you should have started your bible quote from verse 21 then on to 22-23 that you quoted. 21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord' will enter the kingdom of heaven but only those who do the will of my father in heaven.

Then you can carry on to the verse you quoted. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to know you quoted that verse inappropriately. I dare say even the most hardened atheist can tell what that passage meant.

You have even committed another blunder, did your prophet do the will of our Lord's father? The same book of Matthew chapter 5 @ verse 44 love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you. Did your prophet preach that?
What are the will of the lord you are talking about Mr?
Re: Was Mohammed The Prophet Of Whom Moses Spoke? by Judek2(m): 2:08pm On Dec 07, 2011
plappville:

We ere warn about him, its in the bible see it:
(1) Matt 7:15 Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

(2)Matthew 24:11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.

(3) Matthew 24:24 For false Christs and false prophets will appear and"perform great signs and miracles" to deceive even the elect--if that were possible.

(4)Ezekiel 22:27 Her officials within her are like wolves tearing their prey; they shed blood and kill people to make unjust gain

Now @Paris10, you have to be more rational in your critisisms on peoples posts.
I totally agree with @Plappville on her above posts. The posts speaks of both fake prophets and fake pastors, as you can observe.

My marked No (1) ,(2) and (4) above directly points to Mohammad expecially @no (4)

On her post post on no (3) is directly to fake pastors as Mohammad couldnt perform miracles. So when you judge,judge with facts.
Re: Was Mohammed The Prophet Of Whom Moses Spoke? by Judek2(m): 2:57pm On Dec 07, 2011
bashy_demy:

Talking about Miracles, Like the seeker said there are lots of Miracles perform by only prophet But we are not Miracle mongers

I am only but a warner   

You are blaspheming against your prophet by asigning a miracle to him,and he will suicide-bomb you if he ever sees you.   

22Then said they unto him, "Who art thou, that we may give an answer to those who sent us? What sayest thou of thyself?

So tell me if he is not Chtist,Elijah, the the prophet, then who is the prophet and why did they refuse to mention the name of the prophet?

Stop fooling around,why did you stop half way? Maybe you should complete the passage.
Your brain is so much saturated with false and hallucinative claims that you cannot read and understand a simple text,

Since he did not mention his name initially,the invisible man is now the Warner?
Re: Was Mohammed The Prophet Of Whom Moses Spoke? by bashydemy(m): 4:12pm On Dec 07, 2011
Judek2:

Now @Paris10, you have to be more rational in your critisisms on peoples posts.
I totally agree with @Plappville on her above posts. The posts speaks of both fake prophets and fake pastors, as you can observe.

My marked No (1) ,(2) and (4) above directly points to Mohammad expecially @no (4)

On her post post on no (3) is directly to fake pastors as Mohammad couldnt perform miracles. So when you judge,judge with facts.
Hmmmm now i see you just don't know what you are talking about here. I laugh at you Jude so post 1,2 and 4 is refering to Mohammad how about Paul did that not accept Jesus and later bring xtianity and Bible wake up boy,  there are lots of Fake pastors and Prophet today, They are the generation of Paul and some 40men.
Re: Was Mohammed The Prophet Of Whom Moses Spoke? by bashydemy(m): 4:54pm On Dec 07, 2011
Judek2:

I am only but a warner   

You are blaspheming against your prophet by asigning a miracle to him,and he will suicide-bomb you if he ever sees you.   

Stop fooling around,why did you stop half way? Maybe you should complete the passage.
Your brain is so much saturated with false and hallucinative claims that you cannot read and understand a simple text,

Since he did not mention his name initially,the invisible man is now the Warner?

The Testimony of John
    19 This is (AI)the testimony of John, when (AJ)the Jews sent to him priests and Levites (AK)from Jerusalem to ask him, “Who are you?” 20 And he confessed and did not deny, but confessed, “(AL)I am not [q]the Christ.” 21 They asked him, “What then? Are you (AM)Elijah?” And he *said, “I am not.” “Are you (AN)the Prophet?” And he answered, “No.” 22 Then they said to him, “Who are you, so that we may give an answer to those who sent us? What do you say about yourself?” 23 He said, “I am (AO)A VOICE OF ONE CRYING IN THE WILDERNESS, ‘MAKE STRAIGHT THE WAY OF THE LORD,’ as Isaiah the prophet said.”

now Oga explain the bold to me. Can Christ and that prophet be the same person? secondly why did they Mention Christ, Elijah and then say that Prophet. Dint the prophet have a name?

24 Now they had been sent from the Pharisees. 25 They asked him, and said to him, “Why then are you baptizing, if you are not the [r]Christ, nor Elijah, nor (AP)the Prophet?” 26 John answered them saying, “(AQ)I baptize [s]in water, but among you stands One whom you do not know. 27 It is (AR)He who comes after me, the (AS)thong of whose sandal I am not worthy to untie.” 28 These things took place in Bethany (AT)beyond the Jordan, where John was baptizing.

29 The next day he *saw Jesus coming to him and *said, “Behold, (AU)the Lamb of God who (AV)takes away the sin of the world! 30 This is He on behalf of whom I said, ‘(AW)After me comes a Man who [t]has a higher rank than I, (AX)for He existed before me.’ 31 I did not recognize [u]Him, but so that He might be manifested to Israel, I came baptizing [v]in water.” 32 John (AY)testified saying, “(AZ)I have seen the Spirit descending as a dove out of heaven, and He remained upon Him. 33 I did not recognize [w]Him, but He who sent me to baptize [x]in water said to me, ‘He upon whom you see the Spirit descending and remaining upon Him, (BA)this is the One who baptizes [y]in the Holy Spirit.’ 34 I myself have seen, and have testified that this is (BB)the Son of God.”

@ the bold here again what do you think that look like? is like someone is narating some story and say it happen in one Village call Badagry beyond Seme Border Lagos. hahaha LWKMDH grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Was Mohammed The Prophet Of Whom Moses Spoke? by Judek2(m): 5:26pm On Dec 07, 2011
bashy_demy:

24 Now they had been sent from the Pharisees. 25 They asked him, and said to him, “Why then are you baptizing, if you are not the [r]Christ, nor Elijah, nor (AP)the Prophet?” 26 John answered them saying, “(AQ)I baptize [s]in water, but among you stands One whom you do not know. 27 It is (AR)He who comes after me, the (AS)thong of whose sandal I am not worthy to untie.” 28 These things took place in Bethany (AT)beyond the Jordan, where John was baptizing.

29 The next day he *saw Jesus coming to him and *said, “Behold, (AU)the Lamb of God who (AV)takes away the sin of the world! 30 This is He on behalf of whom I said, ‘(AW)After me comes a Man who [t]has a higher rank than I, (AX)for He existed before me.’ 31 I did not recognize [u]Him, but so that He might be manifested to Israel, I came baptizing [v]in water.” 32 John (AY)testified saying, “(AZ)I have seen the Spirit descending as a dove out of heaven, and He remained upon Him. 33 I did not recognize [w]Him, but He who sent me to baptize [x]in water said to me, ‘He upon whom you see the Spirit descending and remaining upon Him, (BA)this is the One who baptizes [y]in the Holy Spirit.’ 34 I myself have seen, and have testified that this is (BB)the Son of God.”

@ the bold here again what do you think that look like? is like someone is narating some story and say it happen in one Village call Badagry beyond Seme Border Lagos. hahaha LWKMDH grin grin grin grin grin

Mehn, make sence big time.
You have already answered your question,but still laughing at your answer.
Re: Was Mohammed The Prophet Of Whom Moses Spoke? by Judek2(m): 5:50pm On Dec 07, 2011
bashy_demy:

The Testimony of John
    19 This is (AI)the testimony of John, when (AJ)the Jews sent to him priests and Levites (AK)from Jerusalem to ask him, “Who are you?” 20 And he confessed and did not deny, but confessed, “(AL)I am not [q]the Christ.” 21 They asked him, “What then? Are you (AM)Elijah?” And he *said, “I am not.” “Are you (AN)the Prophet?” And he answered, “No.” 22 Then they said to him, “Who are you, so that we may give an answer to those who sent us? What do you say about yourself?” 23 He said, “I am (AO)A VOICE OF ONE CRYING IN THE WILDERNESS, ‘MAKE STRAIGHT THE WAY OF THE LORD,’ as Isaiah the prophet said.”

now Oga explain the bold to me. Can Christ and that prophet be the same person? secondly why did they Mention Christ, Elijah and then say that Prophet. Dint the prophet have a name?

You must be a blunder in English comprehension questions.

How can Christ and the prophets be the ones capitaled,rather he just explaind who he realy was to them.
[b]He was the one Isaiah prophesied to prepare the way for Jesus

whats confusing you on that simple passage?
Re: Was Mohammed The Prophet Of Whom Moses Spoke? by bashydemy(m): 6:03pm On Dec 07, 2011
^^^Jude you are not a Coward are you? You cannot defend those verses because you yourself don't understand your bible. Defend the bolds, I did not understand them,  Who is the Christ? Jesus. Who is Elijah? He is also a prophet we all know him. Then who is that prophet? Holy Spirit please explain for me i need to understand who that prophet is please
Re: Was Mohammed The Prophet Of Whom Moses Spoke? by theseeker2: 6:08pm On Dec 07, 2011
He doesnt have an answer and never will. Thats why is running around in circles
Re: Was Mohammed The Prophet Of Whom Moses Spoke? by Judek2(m): 9:29am On Dec 08, 2011
bashy_demy:

^^^Jude you are not a Coward are you? You cannot defend those verses because you yourself don't understand your bible. Defend the bolds, I did not understand them,  Who is the Christ? Jesus. Who is Elijah? He is also a prophet we all know him. Then who is that prophet? Holy Spirit please explain for me i need to understand who that prophet is please

I just shake my head after reading some of your silly questions.
Afterall, your Mohammad was confused when he mistook Mariam the sister of Moses and Aeron to be the mother of Jesus.
The same confusion runs through your veins.

Look at a simple verse you crack your brain to understand yet you cant,people like you needs no attention atall.
Ignorance is realy a disease.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Pagan Origin Of Virgin Mary Worship/adoration, CATHOLICS! / Solfa Notes For Nathaniel Bassey's "Wonderful Wonder" / Nollywood Actress Camillia Mberekpe Visits Christ Mercyland Deliverance Ministry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.