Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,161 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:55 AM

Senate Embraces Fuel Subsidy Removal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Embraces Fuel Subsidy Removal (457 Views)

No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG / Obasanjo Embraces APC - See Photo / Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Senate Embraces Fuel Subsidy Removal by prettyG: 5:35pm On Dec 06, 2011
Lawmakers who had initially kicked against the bill now do a volte-face

offered little resistance to the planned removal of fuel subsidy, embedded in President Goodluck Jonathan’s medium term expenditure frame-work, during its second reading debate on the plan.

At the resumed debate on the framework, after two months of intensive lobbying by the executive, majority of the senators praised the plan. The senate leadership is seeking an urgent approval of the plan, to catch up with the House of Representatives who had partially approved the plan the previous week.
Re: Senate Embraces Fuel Subsidy Removal by lanrefront1(m): 6:25pm On Dec 06, 2011
The title of this thred is misleading.

Maybe in the future, the Senate will or will not embrace subsidy removal, I don't. What I know is this: I also watched much of the debate on AIT today, and from what transpired, it's not possible or appropriate to draw that conclusion; at least not yet.
Re: Senate Embraces Fuel Subsidy Removal by sheyguy: 6:57pm On Dec 06, 2011
They not made any decision yet, they are still consulting

(1) (Reply)

Lamorde’s Herculean Anti-corruption Task / N1 Billion Paid To Ghost Police Pensioners Monthly / Jonathan Warns Continued Subsidy Could Crash Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.