Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,812 members, 7,802,615 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

Industrialisation, Panacea To Unemployment – Industrialist - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Industrialisation, Panacea To Unemployment – Industrialist (1604 Views)

The Industrialisation Of Nigeria In Pictures / Udom Emmanuel Kicks Off State Industrialisation With Auto Assembly Plant / Igbo Industrialist And Wife Murdered In Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Industrialisation, Panacea To Unemployment – Industrialist by aljharem3: 9:03pm On Dec 06, 2011
An industrialist, Mr Innocent Chukwuma, says unless the nation embarks on aggressive industrialisation, unemployment rate will continue to increase.

Chukwuma, Chief Executive of Innoson Group of Companies, said this on Friday in Enugu when Assembly Committee on Commerce and Industry paid him a courtesy visit as part of their oversight function.

He decried the use of youths as political thugs, praise singers and hangers-on and urged politicians to rather advise them to learn a trade to become self-reliant. He said the desire to empower and develop the youths motivated him to establish industries against building residential estates, petrol stations or hotels.

Earlier, the Chairman of the Assembly Committee, Mr Mathew Ugwueze, said they were in the industry to familiarise themselves with him, know his problems and seek areas of mutual relationship.

Ugwueze commended him for the achievements recorded so far and gave the assurance that as lawmakers they would not make any law that would jeopardise his operation in the state.

The Leader of the Assembly, Mr Sunday Ude-Okoye, described the industrialist as ‘a good investor’ who had provided employment opportunity for youths in the state.

He urged other industrialists to invest in the South-East to create employment for the unemployed and avoid the “pull him down syndrome.” Ude-Okoye noted that time had come when legislative business should be conducted in local languages as part of efforts to revive local languages.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/12/industrialisation-panacea-to-unemployment-industrialist/
Re: Industrialisation, Panacea To Unemployment – Industrialist by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 06, 2011
Good talk,he needs government support
Re: Industrialisation, Panacea To Unemployment – Industrialist by ektbear: 9:30pm On Dec 06, 2011
kind of stating the obvious.
Re: Industrialisation, Panacea To Unemployment – Industrialist by aljharem3: 12:01am On Dec 07, 2011
ekt_bear:

kind of stating the obvious.

Indeed, this is what Igbo2011 and I have been clamouring for. Jobs are either by self employment or being employed by a boss.

The FG has done the good part which is the self employment scheme of Youwin

Now, investing our indigenous companies that can easily be a multinational is the next step. Innoson has all it takes to do that unless we choose to ignore there words

A lot of companies have been given good market by the Government eg DSTV, MTN, Glo etc Innoson is next
Re: Industrialisation, Panacea To Unemployment – Industrialist by ektbear: 12:05am On Dec 07, 2011
Industrializing without electricity is like trying to make pounded yam out of dirt.

Until the government faces electricity squarely and until Nigeria starts producing on the order of 10GW of electricity with much more added every subsequent year, then industrialization is not possible.

And thus, reduced unemployment will not be possible.

Innoson, DSTV, Glo, etc etc are all irrelevant. None of them are the answer. The only thing that matters is electricity.
Re: Industrialisation, Panacea To Unemployment – Industrialist by jason123: 12:08am On Dec 07, 2011
alj_harem:

Indeed, this is what Igbo2011 and I have been clamouring for. Jobs are either by self employment or being employed by a boss.

The FG has done the good part which is the self employment scheme of Youwin

Now, investing our indigenous companies that can easily be a multinational is the next step. Innoson has all it takes to do that unless we choose to ignore there words

A lot of companies have been given good market by the Government eg DSTV, MTN, Glo etc Innoson is next

Alhaji, I just found out that the Innoson guy imports the parts and assembles them in Nigeria. This is an avenue for the foreign company to evade tax (or pay lower tax) while having the market of over 150 million to sell to. I think its not fair. To be honest, I'll appreciate if we can actually produce and assemble. This current method, to me, is a rip off!
Re: Industrialisation, Panacea To Unemployment – Industrialist by aljharem3: 12:16am On Dec 07, 2011
jason123:

Alhaji, I just found out that the Innoson guy imports the parts and assembles them in Nigeria. This is an avenue for the foreign company to evade tax (or pay lower tax) while having the market of over 150 million to sell to. I think its not fair. To be honest, I'll appreciate if we can actually produce and assemble. This current method, to me, is a rip off!

nah, even the so called oil companies like Onado , capital oil etc don't refine our oil in Nigeria. they export it and import it back. Might be a rip off but if the government does not invest in them, how do you expect them to branch out and start there own branch ?
Re: Industrialisation, Panacea To Unemployment – Industrialist by dempeople(m): 1:35am On Dec 07, 2011
Sorry Innocent Chukwuma but unfortunately, your words are on a trajectory into the wind.

You should've known by now that Nigeria is really an impossible country.
Re: Industrialisation, Panacea To Unemployment – Industrialist by igbo2011(m): 2:19am On Dec 07, 2011
jason123:

State your sources where they import parts. ALso, Innoson is a great place to start. Soon NIgeirans can make their own parts for Innoson nad soon make their own car like the Ugandans did. Ugandan students made almost everything in Uganda and now it will be a company. Called the KIIRA EV. If they can do it, so can we. Maybe we can buy parts from them to promote INTRA AFRICAN TRADE. We always look outward instead of inward.

(1) (Reply)

Removal Of Fuel Subsidy: Tinubu Is A Beneficiary / Blame Northern Leaders Over Insecurity Not Jonathan-dino Melaye / SHOCKING! Solomon Lar, Ex-gov Dies A Pauper…why He Lives In Rented Flats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.