Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,333 members, 7,780,871 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:22 AM

How Does One Know When God Has Said No? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Does One Know When God Has Said No? (1090 Views)

How Do You Know When God Speaks To You / How Does One Sow Into The Anointing Upon Your Pastor [according To The Gospel] / How Do You Know When You Found The Right Man/Woman, That God has Chosen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does One Know When God Has Said No? by emofine(f): 5:24am On Dec 07, 2011
When people pray usually the 'answers' to their prayers is made manifest through the results.

However with any request there are usually two answers provided - Yes or No.

So I suppose I can surmise that one who has prayed for X and has received X was provided with the answer 'Yes'.

Now what of those who have prayed for Z and has not been given Z yet still pray, waiting for Z to come.
Is it not possible that God has 'answered' with a 'No'?

I ask this because I have witnessed 'believers' pray for years waiting for a miracle to appear. Some say it's a "test of faith" so continue to faithfully pray. However could it just be that the God of their faith has "answered their prayers" with a definite 'No'?

Do 'believers' not consider 'No' to be an answer to a prayer request?
How does one know when God has said 'No' (in order for them to break off praying concerning that particular request)?
Re: How Does One Know When God Has Said No? by God2man(m): 12:05pm On Dec 07, 2011
If the person you received is not interested in the relationship, God could say no, and tell you to wait. I am sure that God will certainly say no to those people outside his will, for example, an unbeliever. God will not allow his children to enter an agreement with the devil. What you need is patience, it is a virtue. Also, i do not know your age, but if you are above 35 and you are moving to 40, i think it is better, to seek the face of God again, because the right person may just be around, you may be saying no to him, or your prayer is not enough to arrest him. Consult those who are more experienced in this situation, seek for higher counselling from a true man of God, i mean the one you are led to see by the holyspirit. What if God present to you, a true child of God, who is still struggling to make it? Will you take the Good risk? I wish you the best, DO NOT RUSH, allow God to perfect his Good work concerning your life. Lastly, pray for God's favour. It is important. God bless you. God2man.
Re: How Does One Know When God Has Said No? by emofine(f): 12:36pm On Dec 07, 2011
^^ Is this a misguided prophecy of yours or have you mistakenly responded on the wrong thread because seriously I am not following nor does your post relate in any way to my question.
seek for higher counselling from a true man of God

Why do people have to rely on a "true man of God" to consult God for them? Is God inclined to listen to these religious superiors more than ordinary followers? Is their prayer any different to other believers or more effectual?

This is not good because it causes followers to become dependent on a man instead of God!
Re: How Does One Know When God Has Said No? by God2man(m): 1:45pm On Dec 07, 2011
Very,very sorry, please, forgive me, God bless you. God2man.
Re: How Does One Know When God Has Said No? by emofine(f): 1:59pm On Dec 07, 2011
Guy, there's nothing to forgive. There was no ill intention behind your post. I just wanted clarification undecided
Re: How Does One Know When God Has Said No? by Joagbaje(m): 3:32pm On Dec 07, 2011
His words are "yeah and amen" concerning our desires so long as they line up with hs will.

2 Corinthians 1:20
20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

1 John 5:14
14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

Some Christians may experience hindrances because of sin or unbelief. God has given but they have not Ben able to RECIEVE . There are deeds which hinders us from receiving .such as hatred ,malice and inability to walk in love.
Re: How Does One Know When God Has Said No? by God2man(m): 5:07am On Dec 08, 2011
@emofine, we will continue to learn,until we say bye,bye to this world. Learning is a continuos process, and i think one will learn more, when you stand on the shoulder of an experienced individual. Men of God are not there for fun. Although, many have been misled by so called fake men of God, the truth must be exposed, there are true men of God, who are not interested in manipulating you, but to giude you, assist you, so that you will not fall into the pit. You are not depending on them, i believe in this situation, the true men of God will offer suggestion, they will not force anybody on you. They usually say, go and pray again. It is possible that they see more into the spiritual realm more than you. God bless you. God2man.
Re: How Does One Know When God Has Said No? by Donvilo(m): 10:56am On Dec 08, 2011
Joagbaje:

His words are "yeah and amen" concerning our desires so long as they line up with hs will.

2 Corinthians 1:20
20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

1 John 5:14
14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

Some Christians may experience hindrances because of sin or unbelief. God has given but they have not Ben able to RECIEVE . There are deeds which hinders us from receiving .such as hatred ,malice and inability to walk in love.
This two Epistles are enough to strenghten my faith in Him for the rest of my day. Thanks for this, Joagbaje wink

(1) (Reply)

Do You Believe In Hell And Life After Death? / How Can Get Daddy Adeboye Tel. Nø / Redemption Song: Bob Marley's Journey From Rasta To Believer In Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.