Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,467 members, 7,801,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

Boko Haram Are Rebels Who Want Change-ribadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Are Rebels Who Want Change-ribadu (1384 Views)

Report: Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians / "Those Accusing Me Of Sponsoring Boko Haram Are Mad" - Jonathan / Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Are Rebels Who Want Change-ribadu by VoodooDoll(m): 5:51pm On Dec 07, 2011
Boko Haram Are Rebels Who Want Change-Ribadu

Former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, has described Boko Haram as rebels who are fighting for a change in governance.

Ribadu who was also the presidential candidate of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) in the 2011 elections said that the world is gradually moving ahead and Nigeria should not be allowed to go down by acts of extremists.
“The emerging suicide bombers are rebels who are telling the nation that things are not right. So, it is time for us to wake up. This is the truth and the reality.”

“We have kept on talking about the likes of Sardauna of Sokoto, Tafawa Balewa and the rest of them because they did good job, they taught you people who are today our fathers and they left you with the responsibility to continue with the good work, some of you indeed carried it and did it very well.”

“We have learnt from you and we believe it is also our challenge today to continue with what you people have started,” he added.

“Today, it is a modern world. Today it is a different world. It is not the world of 1950s or 1960s; things have changed. Please, let us take note of that. Let us understand that this world we are talking about today is a different one.”

“We have new challenges, modern things, difficulties that require modern and new approach and solutions. This generation of young Northerners are asking for opportunity and chance for them to also play their own role, listen to them and give them chance,” Ribadu charged.

Source: http://pointblanknews.com/new/exclusive/3219-boko-harama-are-rebels-who-want-change-ribadu.html
Re: Boko Haram Are Rebels Who Want Change-ribadu by VoodooDoll(m): 5:52pm On Dec 07, 2011
Ribadu, Ribadu, Ribadu,

Have you been misquoted or do you really believe Boko Haram is simply "Change we can believe in"? embarassed lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Boko Haram Are Rebels Who Want Change-ribadu by PROUDIGBO(m): 6:26pm On Dec 07, 2011
VoodooDoll:

Ribadu, Ribadu, Ribadu,

Have you been misquoted or do you really believe Boko Haram is simply "Change we can believe in"? embarassed lipsrsealed undecided

^^^ We'll in fairness to him, said quote (with a little tweaking) is not far off from the truth undecided. By the time a gun is held to your head, it's a question of "Change you better believe in if you value your muthafukin life".
Re: Boko Haram Are Rebels Who Want Change-ribadu by T8ksy(m): 7:20pm On Dec 07, 2011
“We have new challenges, modern things, difficulties that require modern and new approach and solutions. This generation of young Northerners are asking for opportunity and chance for them to also play their own role, listen to them and give them chance,” Ribadu charged.

@ bolded,

Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, you are quite right on the mark here. In fact, i can safely assure you that this present generation of young Southerners (too) are asking for opportunity and chance for them to also play their own role in the making or breaking of this country. However, the mark difference between the two is that southerners have not yet taken up armed struggle (to the same level as BK has) against the FG and in the process killing hundreds of innocent nigerians like themselves.

Following this concept further, it's safe to say then that those young southerners who desire a change (as well), should as a matter of urgency start their own armed struggle against the federal govt ensuring that they matched their northern counterpart's degree of violence if they truly want to stand a chance of been "listen to" by the extant crop of kleptomaniacs masqurading as politicians/leaders running/ruining the country. Seems like the only course of action that will prompt a positive response from them, if the quote above is taken as a yardstick.

let's see how far this new exercise will get us. But then, who knows? it might even hasten the disintegration of this dumb man-made contraption called nigeria.

Oh well, dreams die first!!!
Re: Boko Haram Are Rebels Who Want Change-ribadu by Beaf: 7:34pm On Dec 07, 2011
No wonder nobody voted for him. cry
Re: Boko Haram Are Rebels Who Want Change-ribadu by volasunkan: 7:59pm On Dec 07, 2011
^^^I voted Ribadu and thank God I did not vote a drunken fisherman.When a northerner was d president,it made sense for beaf et al to label the NDelta criminals freedom fighters,now they are executive ex-mililants globetrotting the world in the name of sham skill acquisition trainning while GEJ expects the youths from other region to look on and do nothing!.Now that a nigerdeltan is on seat as Pressy,the northerners are giving the same dose of the medicine the Ndelta militants gave their own son while he was the president.This is nothing but non-developmental crude African politics.The northerners are not dumb they understand power dynamics and I am sure when a northerner takes over in 2015,the NDELTA hostilities will resume.
Re: Boko Haram Are Rebels Who Want Change-ribadu by Beaf: 8:17pm On Dec 07, 2011
volasunkan:

^^^I voted Ribadu and thank God I did not vote a drunken fisherman.When a northerner was d president,it made sense for beaf et al to label the NDelta criminals freedom fighters,now they are executive ex-mililants globetrotting the world in the name of sham skill acquisition trainning while GEJ expects the youths from other region to look on and do nothing!.Now that a nigerdeltan is on seat as Pressy,the northerners are giving the same dose of the medicine the Ndelta militants gave their own son while he was the president.This is nothing but non-developmental crude African politics.The northerners are not dumb they understand power dynamics and I am sure when a northerner takes over in 2015,the NDELTA hostilities will resume.

Dude, your vote shows what you are.
It would have taken intestinal fortitude, maniacally clenched jaws and a will of steel to damn common sense and daftly vote for Ribadu.

“The emerging suicide bombers are rebels who are telling the nation that things are not right. So, it is time for us to wake up. This is the truth and the reality. . .”

Phucking "clever!" When will the man officially join boko haram? cry cry cry
Re: Boko Haram Are Rebels Who Want Change-ribadu by JamesDoe: 10:21pm On Dec 07, 2011
Ribadu has some explaining to do!
Re: Boko Haram Are Rebels Who Want Change-ribadu by Nobody: 2:12am On Dec 08, 2011
Does it mean their leader should be exhumed and given a state burial?
Re: Boko Haram Are Rebels Who Want Change-ribadu by Relax101(m): 2:14am On Dec 08, 2011
Hahahaha, Ribadu na real heediioott! Namfav and ndu chucks, tell him I said so.
Re: Boko Haram Are Rebels Who Want Change-ribadu by Gbawe: 10:22am On Dec 08, 2011
JamesDoe:

Ribadu has some explaining to do!

My guy, he does not. Please ignore those who are dedicated to hating personalities because they are from an ethnic group they dislike or because those personalities stood against their beloved GEJ. They are ruining this forum and contributing to the problems of Nigeria with how their crude 'dem against us' fuedalism means that we cannot look at issues dispassionately .

Whatever we think of the North, the region is still part of Nigeria. While we remain one, insecurity in that zone is bad news for Nigeria. We must ,even if selfishly, support the best from that region who are modern, pro-people to emerge and tell it as it is to the callous elite.

Breaking this down, Ribadu was speaking to a meeting of influential Northerners at the Arewa peace conference in Kaduna. That , first and foremost, should put what he is saying in perspective. He is not speaking to the entire nation. He is telling his own people and fellow Northerners, brainstorming for peace, yet very prone to elitism and the disenfranchisement of others that has led to the Almajiri phenomenon now haunting the North and made some very amenable to Boko Haram , that they must begin to develop and include young people in everything that brings personal fulfillment otherwise they will "rebel". I personally feel that politcal sponsorship has made Boko Haram what it is today but let us remember that jobless youths followed Yusuf (the executed former leader of Boko Haram) blindly because they saw an 'alternative' to their 'hopeless' existence.

This stance is brave and characteristic of Ribadu because all the elite are looking for ways to maintain the status quo without wanting to admit that fundamental change must happen. This , once again, shows that we need leaders like Ribadu who speak from the heart and never play politics with important matters. For the absence of doubt, Ribadu is bravely telling[b] his own elite leaders [/b], many of them influential enough to give him 'hell', that the disdain for the youth and "lowly" must stop for an equitable society to evolve. Otherwise the current situation will continue to be the best recruiting sargeant for Boko Haram . If some people, always devoted to twisting issues, want to now label him a villain then so be it. What I know is that Nigerian will not make sensible progress , as a nation, until the best from every region are put in position of leadership. The North needs change via men like Ribadu , not scaredy cats like Sambo, who are always ready to speak in favour of the many, many, many unemployed youths treated like sub-human doormats by the elite and only deemed suitable for thuggery and Boko haramism. In short , as an American Politician pragmatically stated below, certain actions and inactions can make folks "rebel" to the extent those with nothing to lose gain reasons to embrace terrorism.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x3748320

Biden Says Bush Gave Al Qaeda Recruiting Tool

Source: NY Times

LANGLEY, Va. — Visiting the Central Intelligence Agency to swear in Leon E. Panetta as the agency’s 19th director, Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. said Thursday that the Bush administration’s detention and interrogation policies “gave Al Qaeda a powerful recruiting tool.”

Considering the setting — the C.I.A. lobby where several hundred agency employees greeted the vice president with cheers — Mr. Biden’s remarks implied a tough judgment on parts of the agency’s record under the previous administration. He stood in front of a marble memorial wall, where 89 stars represent C.I.A. officers who have died in the line of duty.

Mr. Biden spoke of executive orders that President Obama issued on his second full day in office to close the Guantánamo Bay detention camp in Cuba, require the C.I.A. to use the same noncoercive interrogation methods as the military and report all detainees to the International Committee of the Red Cross.

Mr. Biden said the new president’s actions “reverse the policies that in my view and the view of many in this agency caused America to fall short of its founding principles and which gave Al Qaeda a powerful recruiting tool.”
Re: Boko Haram Are Rebels Who Want Change-ribadu by JamesDoe: 5:51pm On Dec 08, 2011
Ribadu was my candidate in April, but he has to improve his oratory skills.

I worry about Northerners, they are the only zone that seems to understand power.

"The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas, values or religion but rather by its superiority in applying organised violence". - Samuel Huntington.

Only the North and its elite seems to understand this, the other zones don't appear to!

(1) (Reply)

Onenews - Show The World What Is Going On In Nigeria / Oshiomole's Mansion Revealed / The Fraud Called Rivcloud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.