Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,947 members, 7,799,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

A Christian's Perspective Of Contradictions In The Qur'an - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Christian's Perspective Of Contradictions In The Qur'an (2454 Views)

Which Is Wrong: From The Christian's Perspective? / The Bible- The Great Book Of Contradictions / 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Christian's Perspective Of Contradictions In The Qur'an by tidytim: 11:24am On Dec 08, 2011
The Qur'an states that it is a perfect book preserved on tablets in heaven (Surah 85:21-22). If the Qur'an is a perfect book from Allah, then there shouldn't be any contradictions in it. Of course, the Muslims will deny any contradictions exist in the Qur'an, but they do. Some of the contradictions below could be debated, but some of them are clearly contradictions.

A contradiction occurs when one statement on a subject excludes the possibility of another. The first one here is a good example. In Surah 19:67, it states that man was created out of nothing. In 15:26, man is created from clay. Since clay is something, we have a contradiction since "nothing" excludes the possibility of "clay." Both cannot be true.

All quotes from the Qur'an, unless otherwise specified, are from Yusuf Ali and can be found at the Qur'an online.

What was man created from, blood, clay, dust, or nothing?
"Created man, out of a (mere) clot of congealed blood," (96:2).
"We created man from sounding clay, from mud moulded into shape, (15:26).
"The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was," (3:59).
"But does not man call to mind that We created him before out of nothing?" (19:67, Yusuf Ali). Also, 52:35).
"He has created man from a sperm-drop; and behold this same (man) becomes an open disputer! (16:4).

Is there or is there not compulsion in religion according to the Qur'an?
"Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things," (2:256).

"And an announcement from Allah and His Messenger, to the people (assembled) on the day of the Great Pilgrimage,- that Allah and His Messenger dissolve (treaty) obligations with the Pagans. If then, ye repent, it were best for you; but if ye turn away, know ye that ye cannot frustrate Allah. And proclaim a grievous penalty to those who reject Faith," (9:3).

"But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful," (9:5).

Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued," (9:29).

The first Muslim was Muhammad? Abraham? Jacob? Moses?
"And I [Muhammad] am commanded to be the first of those who bow to Allah in Islam," (39:12).

"When Moses came to the place appointed by Us, and his Lord addressed him, He said: "O my Lord! show (Thyself) to me, that I may look upon thee." Allah said: "By no means canst thou see Me (direct); But look upon the mount; if it abide in its place, then shalt thou see Me." When his Lord manifested His glory on the Mount, He made it as dust. And Moses fell down in a swoon. When he recovered his senses he said: "Glory be to Thee! to Thee I turn in repentance, and I am the first to believe." (7:143).

"And this was the legacy that Abraham left to his sons, and so did Jacob; "Oh my sons! Allah hath chosen the Faith for you; then die not except in the Faith of Islam," (2:132).

Does Allah forgive or not forgive those who worship false gods?
Allah forgiveth not that partners should be set up with Him; but He forgiveth anything else, to whom He pleaseth; to set up partners with Allah is to devise a sin Most heinous indeed," (4:48). Also 4:116

The people of the Book ask thee to cause a book to descend to them from heaven: Indeed they asked Moses for an even greater (miracle), for they said: "Show us Allah in public," but they were dazed for their presumption, with thunder and lightning. Yet they worshipped the calf even after clear signs had come to them; even so we forgave them; and gave Moses manifest proofs of authority," (4:153).

Are Allah's decrees changed or not?
"Rejected were the messengers before thee: with patience and constancy they bore their rejection and their wrongs, until Our aid did reach them: there is none that can alter the words (and decrees) of Allah. Already hast thou received some account of those messengers," (6:34).

"The word of thy Lord doth find its fulfillment in truth and in justice: None can change His words: for He is the one who heareth and knoweth all, (6:115).

None of Our revelations do We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, but We substitute something better or similar: Knowest thou not that Allah Hath power over all things?" (2:106).

When We substitute one revelation for another,- and Allah knows best what He reveals (in stages),- they say, "Thou art but a forger": but most of them understand not," (16:101).

Was Pharaoh killed or not killed by drowning?
"We took the Children of Israel across the sea: Pharaoh and his hosts followed them in insolence and spite. At length, when overwhelmed with the flood, he said: "I believe that there is no god except Him Whom the Children of Israel believe in: I am of those who submit (to Allah in Islam). (It was said to him): "Ah now!- But a little while before, wast thou in rebellion!- and thou didst mischief (and violence)! This day shall We save thee in the body, that thou mayest be a sign to those who come after thee! but verily, many among mankind are heedless of Our Signs!" (10:90-92).

Moses said, "Thou knowest well that these things have been sent down by none but the Lord of the heavens and the earth as eye-opening evidence: and I consider thee indeed, O Pharaoh, to be one doomed to destruction!" So he resolved to remove them from the face of the earth: but We did drown him and all who were with him," (17:102-103).

Is wine consumption good or bad?
O ye who believe! Intoxicants and gambling, (dedication of) stones, and (divination by) arrows, are an abomination,- of Satan's handwork: eschew such (abomination), that ye may prosper," (5:90).

(Here is) a Parable of the Garden which the righteous are promised: in it are rivers of water incorruptible; rivers of milk of which the taste never changes; rivers of wine, a joy to those who drink; and rivers of honey pure and clear. In it there are for them all kinds of fruits; and Grace from their Lord. (Can those in such Bliss) be compared to such as shall dwell for ever in the Fire, and be given, to drink, boiling water, so that it cuts up their bowels (to pieces)?" (47:15).

Truly the Righteous will be in Bliss: On Thrones (of Dignity) will they command a sight (of all things): Thou wilt recognize in their faces the beaming brightness of Bliss. Their thirst will be slaked with Pure Wine sealed," (83:22-25).
Re: A Christian's Perspective Of Contradictions In The Qur'an by LagosShia: 4:35pm On Dec 08, 2011
even though the Quran verses are very clear like the rays of sunlight and can be easily understood without the shadow of any contradiction,however to put you in your position as the christian that you're who lives and breaths deception and lives in denial,i will spend my valuable time,and deal with each verse individually.

while your contradictions in the bible are like the difference of black and white and no matter how much time to reason is invested,one can see the glaring contradiction,i will prove your stu.pid christian perspective foolish and show it for what it is:deliberate deception to mislead the unsuspecting.

you can see that bible contradictions are irrefutable:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-820219.0.html
Re: A Christian's Perspective Of Contradictions In The Qur'an by tidytim: 5:36pm On Dec 08, 2011
Dear Sir,

do not refer me to another post that has nothing to do with this one.

Is it possible that you show some unusual maturity and address the valid points I raised.

We can then discuss the bible contradictions you referred to in the other post.

Thank You,

Sincerely.

TidyTim
Re: A Christian's Perspective Of Contradictions In The Qur'an by LagosShia: 7:05pm On Dec 08, 2011
tidytim:

A contradiction occurs when one statement on a subject excludes the possibility of another.
The above is the standard for identifying a “contradiction”.so we will go by it.

What was man created from, blood, clay, dust, or nothing?
"Created man, out of a (mere) clot of congealed blood," (96:2).
"We created man from sounding clay, from mud moulded into shape, (15:26).
"The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was," (3:59).
"But does not man call to mind that We created him before out of nothing?" (19:67, Yusuf Ali). Also, 52:35).
"He has created man from a Fluid-drop; and behold this same (man) becomes an open disputer! (16:4).
God created Adam from dust.every man is a descendant of Adam.
After,Adam,every man is made from semen (fluid-drop).in the process of fertilization,when the egg and the sperm fuse,it becomes like congealed blood.

Before Adam and before the universe was created,there was no dust and there was nothing.

So where is the contradiction? Did the possibility of any excludes the possibility of the other? No!

Is there or is there not compulsion in religion according to the Qur'an?
"Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things," (2:256).

"And an announcement from Allah and His Messenger, to the people (assembled) on the day of the Great Pilgrimage,- that Allah and His Messenger dissolve (treaty) obligations with the Pagans. If then, ye repent, it were best for you; but if ye turn away, know ye that ye cannot frustrate Allah. And proclaim a grievous penalty to those who reject Faith," (9:3).

"But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful," (9:5).

Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued," (9:29).
There is no compulsion in religion.we force no one to believe.but when we fight,we are allowed to defend ourselves. Does the possibility of one excludes the other? No!

You can read this write-up I have circulated before

[size=18pt]Aren't there some verses of the Qur'an that condone "killing the infidel"? [/size]
By Huda, About.com Guide

Question: Aren't there some verses of the Qur'an that condone "killing the infidel"?
Answer: The Qur'an commands Muslims to stick up for themselves in a defensive battle -- i.e. if an enemy army attacks, then Muslims are to fight against that army until they stop their aggression. All of the verses that speak about fighting/war in the Qur'an are in this context.
There are some specific verses that are very often "snipped" out of context, either by critics of Islam discussing "jihadism," or by misguided Muslims themselves who wish to justify their aggressive tactics.

"Slay Them" - If They Attack You First
For example, one verse (in its snipped version) reads: "slay them wherever you catch them" (Qur'an 2:191). But who is this referring to? Who are "they" that this verse discusses? The preceding and following verses give the correct context:
"Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loves not transgressors. And slay them wherever you catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter, But if they cease, God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful, If they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression" (2:190-193).
It is clear from the context that these verses are discussing a defensive war, when a Muslim community is attacked without reason, oppressed and prevented from practicing their faith. In these circumstances, permission is given to fight back -- but even then Muslims are instructed not to transgress limits, and to cease fighting as soon as the attacker gives up. Even in these circumstances, Muslim are only to fight directly against those who are attacking them, not innocent bystanders or non-combatants.

"Fight the Pagans" - If They Break Treaties
A similar verse can be found in chapter 9, verse 5 -- which in its snipped, out of context version could read: "fight and slay the pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war)." Again, the preceding and following verses give the context.
This verse was revealed during a historical period when the small Muslim community had entered into treaties with neighboring tribes (Jewish, Christian, and pagan). Several of the pagan tribes had violated the terms of their treaty, secretly aiding an enemy attack against the Muslim community. The verse directly before this one instructs the Muslims to continue to honor treaties with anyone who has not since betrayed them, because fulfilling agreements is considered a righteous action. Then the verse continues, that those who have violated the terms of the treaty have declared war, so fight them, (as quoted above).

Directly after this permission to fight, the same verse continues, "but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them, for God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful." The subsequent verses instruct the Muslims to grant asylum to any member of the pagan tribe/army who asks for it, and again reminds that "as long as these stand true to you, stand ye true to them: for God loves the righteous."

Conclusion
Any verse that is quoted out of context misses the whole point of the message of the Qur'an. Nowhere in the Qur'an can be found support for indiscriminate slaughter, the killing of non-combatants, or murder of innocent persons in 'payback' for another people's alleged crimes.
The Islamic teachings on this subject can be summed up in the following verses (Qur'an 60:7-cool:
"It may be that God will grant love (and friendship) between you and those whom ye (now) hold as enemies. For God has power (over all things), and God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
God does not forbid you, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for God loves those who are just."

http://islam.about.com/od/terrorism/f/terrorism_verse.htm

The first Muslim was Muhammad? Abraham? Jacob? Moses?
"And I [Muhammad] am commanded to be the first of those who bow to Allah in Islam," (39:12).

"When Moses came to the place appointed by Us, and his Lord addressed him, He said: "O my Lord! show (Thyself) to me, that I may look upon thee." Allah said: "By no means canst thou see Me (direct); But look upon the mount; if it abide in its place, then shalt thou see Me." When his Lord manifested His glory on the Mount, He made it as dust. And Moses fell down in a swoon. When he recovered his senses he said: "Glory be to Thee! to Thee I turn in repentance, and I am the first to believe." (7:143).

"And this was the legacy that Abraham left to his sons, and so did Jacob; "Oh my sons! Allah hath chosen the Faith for you; then die not except in the Faith of Islam," (2:132).
Muhammad,Moses,and Abraham lived in different periods of history.each of them was the first muslim both in number and closeness who bow to Allah in Islam.does one possibility of being the first during that time and among his own people exclude the possibility of the other being the same during that time and among his own people? No!

Does Allah forgive or not forgive those who worship false gods?
Allah forgiveth not that partners should be set up with Him; but He forgiveth anything else, to whom He pleaseth; to set up partners with Allah is to devise a sin Most heinous indeed," (4:48). Also 4:116

The people of the Book ask thee to cause a book to descend to them from heaven: Indeed they asked Moses for an even greater (miracle), for they said: "Show us Allah in public," but they were dazed for their presumption, with thunder and lightning. Yet they worshipped the calf even after clear signs had come to them; even so we forgave them; and gave Moses manifest proofs of authority," (4:153).

Allah does not forgive those who die in “shirk” (idolatry or polytheism).Idolatry is unforgiveable when you die in it but if one repents from it,then Allah will forgive.the verse which speaks of Allah forgiven the followers of Moses for idolatry,does not exclude the possibility of their repentance.also,the verse which speaks of Allah forgiving any sin but idolatry does not exclude the possibility of repentance and forgiveness while one is still alive.the possibility of forgiveness is excluded if one dies in a state of disbelief.further verses from the Quran will clarify and support what I am saying:
Holy Quran 2:161
“Indeed, those who disbelieve and die while they are disbelievers - upon them will be the curse of Allah and of the angels and the people, all together”.

Holy Quran 4:18
"Nor is it (repentance) acceptable from those who die as disbelievers".

The above are verses which makes it clear that one who dies in disbelief will not be forgiven by repenting.

Now let us look at those who repent while they are alive,what the Quran says about repentance and the possibility of their sins being forgiven:

Holy Quran 39:54
“And return [in repentance] to your Lord and submit to Him before the punishment comes upon you; then you will not be helped”.

So the above verse makes it clear that if one turns in repentance before judgement day which separated from life by the barrier of death,then there if help from Allah.

Are Allah's decrees changed or not?
"Rejected were the messengers before thee: with patience and constancy they bore their rejection and their wrongs, until Our aid did reach them: there is none that can alter the words (and decrees) of Allah. Already hast thou received some account of those messengers," (6:34).

"The word of thy Lord doth find its fulfillment in truth and in justice: None can change His words: for He is the one who heareth and knoweth all, (6:115).

None of Our revelations do We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, but We substitute something better or similar: Knowest thou not that Allah Hath power over all things?" (2:106).

When We substitute one revelation for another,- and Allah knows best what He reveals (in stages),- they say, "Thou art but a forger": but most of them understand not," (16:101).
Let me give you an example on the above:
You are told to learn the alphabets when you are in class 1.when you are in JSS 1,you are no longer taught alphabets and things as when you are in primary school.the school curriculum changes and as you progress you know more and you no longer are in need of the elementary teaching.there is no change of decree but progression.likewise in Allah’s revelation.we see for instance places where Jesus knelt and prostrated to God.but today muslims do those actions in a defined pattern.there is no change in the law that we must worship God even in a particular manner.for instance the jews before were commanded to pray 3 times as at the time of Moses and even Jesus.now we muslims are commanded to pray 5 times.so where is the contradiction in such progression in revelation? Whether 3 times or 5 times,both fall under the decree of worshipping God.that will not change even if you worship Him only once,but you must still worship Him in obedience and accepting Him as your Creator!

Was Pharaoh killed or not killed by drowning?
"We took the Children of Israel across the sea: Pharaoh and his hosts followed them in insolence and spite. At length, when overwhelmed with the flood, he said: "I believe that there is no god except Him Whom the Children of Israel believe in: I am of those who submit (to Allah in Islam). (It was said to him): "Ah now!- But a little while before, wast thou in rebellion!- and thou didst mischief (and violence)! This day shall We save thee in the body, that thou mayest be a sign to those who come after thee! but verily, many among mankind are heedless of Our Signs!" (10:90-92).

Moses said, "Thou knowest well that these things have been sent down by none but the Lord of the heavens and the earth as eye-opening evidence: and I consider thee indeed, O Pharaoh, to be one doomed to destruction!" So he resolved to remove them from the face of the earth: but We did drown him and all who were with him," (17:102-103).
God preserved the body of the Pharoah and up to this day in the Egyptian museum his remains are displayed for all to see.how does that exclude the possibility of the pharaoh being killed through drowning after which his body was preserved from that day on?one verse speaks about God preserving his body to be a sign for others.while the other verse describes how he was killed.you simply need to ask where is his preserved body.

Is wine consumption good or bad?
O ye who believe! Intoxicants and gambling, (dedication of) stones, and (divination by) arrows, are an abomination,- of Satan's handwork: eschew such (abomination), that ye may prosper," (5:90).

(Here is) a Parable of the Garden which the righteous are promised: in it are rivers of water incorruptible; rivers of milk of which the taste never changes; rivers of wine, a joy to those who drink; and rivers of honey pure and clear. In it there are for them all kinds of fruits; and Grace from their Lord. (Can those in such Bliss) be compared to such as shall dwell for ever in the Fire, and be given, to drink, boiling water, so that it cuts up their bowels (to pieces)?" (47:15).

Truly the Righteous will be in Bliss: On Thrones (of Dignity) will they command a sight (of all things): Thou wilt recognize in their faces the beaming brightness of Bliss. Their thirst will be slaked with Pure Wine sealed," (83:22-25).

The first verse used the word “intoxicants”.the second and third verses use the word “rivers of wine” and “pure wine”.there is one verse you should have quoted for you to see there is no contradiction:

Quran 37:40-47
"But the sincere (and devoted) Servants of Allah,- For them is a Sustenance determined, Fruits (Delights); and they (shall enjoy) honour and dignity, In Gardens of Felicity, Facing each other on Thrones (of Dignity): Round will be passed to them a Cup from a clear-flowing fountain, Crystal-white, of a taste delicious to those who drink (thereof), Free from headiness; nor will they suffer intoxication therefrom."

Even presently,I drink non-alcoholic wine.so wine is good if it is free from intoxicants and bad if it intoxicates.
Re: A Christian's Perspective Of Contradictions In The Qur'an by LagosShia: 7:15pm On Dec 08, 2011
And please next time,try to be more original and post what you have read or observed by yourself.dont copy/paste and expect others to refute your copy/paste work.

this is the anti-islamic foolish site you copied your trash from:

http://carm.org/contradictions-quran

and guess what? i could have simply copied/pasted the rebuttal by muslim sites but i put in time and effort to do it myself.there are  muslim sites that refute the nonsense claims by christian missionaries and anti-islamic sites that there are contradictions in the Quran.here is a muslim site that refutes the copy/paste work you used to start this thread:

http://www.answering-christianity.com/bassam_zawadi/rebuttal_to_slick_4.htm
Re: A Christian's Perspective Of Contradictions In The Qur'an by tidytim: 7:21pm On Dec 08, 2011
Please put your grey matter into good use.

You sound like an angry bloke with an axe to grind 
Re: A Christian's Perspective Of Contradictions In The Qur'an by LagosShia: 7:24pm On Dec 08, 2011
tidytim:

Please put your grey matter into good use.

You sound like an angry bloke with an axe to grind 

what you copied and pasted to start this thread is an article by Matt Slick and his claims were refuted in the muslim website link i presented.you can check them.
Re: A Christian's Perspective Of Contradictions In The Qur'an by Judek2(m): 7:36pm On Dec 08, 2011
Seriously @Sweetnectar, you have succeded in proving nothing.

But let me ask you one of the simplest contradictions of the Koran.

Who is the mother of Jesus according to the Koran?
Re: A Christian's Perspective Of Contradictions In The Qur'an by LagosShia: 8:02pm On Dec 08, 2011
Judek2:

Seriously @Sweetnectar, you have succeded in proving nothing.

But let me ask you one of the simplest contradictions of the Koran.

Who is the mother of Jesus according to the Koran?

deaf,dumb and blind.you will understand nothing!

the mother of Jesus is Mary.
Re: A Christian's Perspective Of Contradictions In The Qur'an by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 08, 2011
^^

That is not what the Quran says 

The Quran called Mariam, the sister of Moses as Mary the mother of Jesus.

At length she brought (the babe) to her people, carrying him (in her arms), They said: "O Mary! Truly a strange thing has thou brought! "O sister of Aaron, thy father was not a man of evil, nor your mother a woman unchaste!"
-- Sura 19:27-28

And Mary, the daughter of `Imran, , 
-- Sura 66:12

Muhaha  grin grin grin grin grin

Confusion galore

Don't forget our friendship pact and motto which is the BIBLE IS CORRUPT !!! grin grin
Re: A Christian's Perspective Of Contradictions In The Qur'an by LagosShia: 3:39pm On Dec 09, 2011
frosbel:

^^

That is not what the Quran says

The Quran called Mariam, the sister of Moses as Mary the mother of Jesus.

At length she brought (the babe) to her people, carrying him (in her arms), They said: "O Mary! Truly a strange thing has thou brought! "O sister of Aaron, thy father was not a man of evil, nor your mother a woman unchaste!"
-- Sura 19:27-28

And Mary, the daughter of `Imran, ,
-- Sura 66:12

Muhaha grin grin grin grin grin

Confusion galore
he asked me for her name.not whose sister she was.whether she was Aron's or the Pope's sister is not the issue.he asked for her name.

and just in case you have nothing new to bring up,i should remind you that you have already started a topic on the figurative phrase in the Quran "Aron's sister" and you were answered well by myself and fellow muslims in many important posts that made up to four pages as at now:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-742103.0.html#msg8982831

Don't forget our friendship pact and motto which is the BIBLE IS CORRUPT !!! grin grin
Oh Sure.and let me also remind you of something very important in our pact and motto.next time,print it out and hang it round your neck.here it is:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-772940.0.html#msg9264044
Re: A Christian's Perspective Of Contradictions In The Qur'an by vedaxcool(m): 4:23pm On Dec 09, 2011
[size=18pt]I think Christians should put their house in order before pointing fingers:

Jesus was reported to have threatened " for those my enemies who do not want me to reign over them bring them here and slay them

Yet when go no go:

he said: Let this cup pass over me

when the cup failed to pass over him he shouted:

My Lord My Lord why have thou forsaken me!

Now if this is what frosbel and timidy worship, then we shouted duly sympathise with their line of thought, no tribe has ever concived such a weak god in human history
![/size]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A Christian's Perspective Of Contradictions In The Qur'an by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 09, 2011
LagosShia:

he asked me for her name.not whose sister she was.whether she was Aron's or the Pope's sister is not the issue.he asked for her name.

how dishonest. grin
Re: A Christian's Perspective Of Contradictions In The Qur'an by vedaxcool(m): 4:28pm On Dec 09, 2011
And By the way are you Christians all poor because Jesus said a rich man can never make it to heaven:

vedaxcool:

"[size=28pt]It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.[/size]" (Matthew 19:24)

If you believe this verse to be true then we all have to Laugh won't we?

lol!  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: A Christian's Perspective Of Contradictions In The Qur'an by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 09, 2011
Games muslims play - when you cant answer a question:
a. change the subject
b. accuse christianity of being just as bad
c. NEVER EVER answer the question, it makes islam look even worse
Re: A Christian's Perspective Of Contradictions In The Qur'an by Ruqaya(f): 4:43pm On Dec 09, 2011
@poster.1.Qulyaa'ayuha-l-kaafirun(say unto the unbelievers).2.la a'budu man taabudun(i will not worship what you worship).3.walaa antum a'biduuna ma a'bud(nor will you worship what i worship).4.walaa anaa aabidun maa a'badtum(i will not worship what you have been worshipping).5.walaa antum aabidunna ma a'bud(nor will you worship what i used to worship).6.lakum diinukum waliyaddin(your religion is for you and mine is for me).
Re: A Christian's Perspective Of Contradictions In The Qur'an by LagosShia: 5:02pm On Dec 09, 2011
davidylan:

how dishonest. grin

did you just "rose" from the dead?

please dont change the subject.

davidylan:

Games muslims play - when you cant answer a question:
a. change the subject
b. accuse christianity of being just as bad
c. NEVER EVER answer the question, it makes islam look even worse

you christians are the ones that do it all the time and in all the threads."frosbel" changed the subject to the Quran and the phrase "Aron's sister".i replied.you accused me of dishonesty and then say we change the subject of the thread.funny guy!
Re: A Christian's Perspective Of Contradictions In The Qur'an by somegirl1: 5:04pm On Dec 09, 2011
vedaxcool:

[font=Times Roman][size=18pt]I[color=#000099] think Christians should put their house in order before pointing fingers:

Jesus was reported to have threatened " for those my enemies who do not want me to reign over them bring them here and slay them

Have you read the entire parable?
Re: A Christian's Perspective Of Contradictions In The Qur'an by vedaxcool(m): 5:36pm On Dec 09, 2011
some-girl:

Have you read the entire parable?
yap! He even ordered hs disciples to sell their clothes and buy swords.
vedaxcool:

And By the way are you Christians all poor because Jesus said a rich man can never make it to heaven:

lol!  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin
Re: A Christian's Perspective Of Contradictions In The Qur'an by somegirl1: 5:43pm On Dec 09, 2011
If you have, I'm sure you know exactly what you're doing using that verse out of context.
It's a free world at the end of the day, have fun.
Re: A Christian's Perspective Of Contradictions In The Qur'an by vedaxcool(m): 6:16pm On Dec 09, 2011
vedaxcool:

yap! He even ordered hs disciples to sell their clothes and buy swords. grin
dis is d context and its fun grin
Re: A Christian's Perspective Of Contradictions In The Qur'an by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 09, 2011
some-girl:

If you have, I'm sure you know exactly what you're doing using that verse out of context.
It's a free world at the end of the day, have fun.

u're wasting your time arguing with a brainwashed mohamedan. The same bible he mocks is the same one he will be latching unto when he has to explain away another one of allah's errors.
Re: A Christian's Perspective Of Contradictions In The Qur'an by goggs(m): 1:27pm On Dec 28, 2011
just search for LagoShia on Nairaland and you will see that he hardly stays on one thread, regurgitates his claims even if they are answered, changes topics when cornered, insults people even when he claims he loves Christians, picks verses in isolation and presents them

I think he is not interested in a debate. He wants to ridicule.

I am compiling questions on the Prophet Mohammed (saw). i hope LagoShia will answer and not insult me or worse dodge the questions.
Re: A Christian's Perspective Of Contradictions In The Qur'an by Sweetnecta: 3:36pm On Dec 28, 2011
Allah is Alim, Halim, Hakeem, Akeem. I am grateful to Him that I am a muslim.

I see that tidytim has no ability to reflect when he read that man is created from nothing. Tidytim, there was no Adam at one time. Even before then, there was no earth where the material Adam is created from the mixture of its solid [clay] and liquid [water].

Apply your thinking ability so that you can use it to know about other "contradictions" you listed.
Re: A Christian's Perspective Of Contradictions In The Qur'an by LagosShia: 4:25pm On Dec 28, 2011
goggs:

just search for LagoShia on Nairaland and you will see that he hardly stays on one thread, regurgitates his claims even if they are answered, changes topics when cornered, insults people even when he claims he loves Christians, picks verses in isolation and presents them

I think he is not interested in a debate. He wants to ridicule.

I am compiling questions on the Prophet Mohammed (saw). i hope LagoShia will answer and not insult me or worse dodge the questions.

you are mistaking me for your brother "frosbel" or a christian.when your beliefs are hammered flat,you start insulting the Prophet (sa) and calling names.bring your questions up.they will be answered and then you'd get hammered as usual and christianity's falsehood would be expose.

for God's sake this is the 21st century and people still identify themselves with the falsehood of christianity.the devil is wicked!
Re: A Christian's Perspective Of Contradictions In The Qur'an by goggs(m): 6:51pm On Jan 13, 2012
LagosShia:

you are mistaking me for your brother "frosbel" or a christian.when your beliefs are hammered flat,you start insulting the Prophet (sa) and calling names.bring your questions up.they will be answered and then you'd get hammered as usual and christianity's falsehood would be expose.

for God's sake this is the 21st century and people still identify themselves with the falsehood of christianity.the devil is wicked!

You are one very BIG LAIR! In fact it takes a lot patience to be in the same thread with you.

I never insult religious figures whether Buddha, Muhammed or Confucius! That's not my style.

You call people fo.ols, b*tches, cockroaches etc and you call Jesus names (for example just go through YOUR post on THIS page)

I have a feeling you are not in good health. You forget things you post, can't comprehend, call people names, repost allegations that have been answered before, accuse people for the very thing you do, pretend you debate but are more of a ridicule.

You need to check yourself. *shakes head*  grin

PS I expect more insults coming  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A Christian's Perspective Of Contradictions In The Qur'an by LagosShia: 2:33pm On Jan 14, 2012
goggs:

You are one very BIG LAIR! In fact it takes a lot patience to be in the same thread with you.

I never insult religious figures whether Buddha, Muhammed or Confucius! That's not my style.

You call people fo.ols, b*tches, cockroaches etc and you call Jesus names (for example just go through YOUR post on THIS page)
i do not call anyone names.i only say the truth.i even use the bible to justify what i say and that hurts so much!!!

I have a feeling you are not in good health. You forget things you post, can't comprehend, call people names, repost allegations that have been answered before, accuse people for the very thing you do, pretend you debate but are more of a ridicule.

You need to check yourself. *shakes head*  grin

PS I expect more insults coming  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

i am in good health and i thank God for that.

i know if i die,christian missionaries on nairaland will rejoice and see that as a sign as their counterparts around the world did when Ahmad Deedat died at an old age of 87.
Re: A Christian's Perspective Of Contradictions In The Qur'an by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 14, 2012
LagosShia:

i know if i die,christians will rejoice and see that as a sign as they did when Ahmad Deedat died at an old age of 78.

Deedat though a Liar, was also an intellectual sort of , at least there was some logic to his argument.

But for you to think you are in the same league with Deedat is just plain hilarious. grin grin grin

You are only fit for a comedy show, honestly.

When you do eventually leave Nairaland we will indeed miss your jokes, comedies,and chaotic illogical arguments etc .  grin

Please stay , do not go, keep disgracing your religion here grin
Re: A Christian's Perspective Of Contradictions In The Qur'an by LagosShia: 2:54pm On Jan 14, 2012
^^^^^^^^

you will surely have years to count!!!

you speak words that are opposite of what you are.you are so shameless just like the bible you call "holy".
Re: A Christian's Perspective Of Contradictions In The Qur'an by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 14, 2012
frosbel:

Deedat though a Liar, was also an intellectual sort of , at least there was some logic to his argument.

But for you to think you are in the same league with Deedat is just plain hilarious. grin grin grin

You are only fit for a comedy show, honestly.

When you do eventually leave Nairaland we will indeed miss your jokes, comedies,and chaotic illogical arguments etc . grin

Please stay , do not go, keep disgracing your religion here grin

Can you give some of examples of the lies told by Deedat?

Re: A Christian's Perspective Of Contradictions In The Qur'an by goggs(m): 11:03pm On Jan 14, 2012
LagosShia:

i do not call anyone names.i only say the truth.i even use the bible to justify what i say and that hurts so much!!!

i know if i die,c[b]hristian missionaries on nairaland will rejoice[/b] and see that as a sign as their counterparts around the world did when Ahmad Deedat died at an old age of 87.

PANTS ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You do have a short memory. you have forgotten so soon that you called people b*tches, f*ool, cockroaches?

We will not rejoice at your death. You forget we are not Muslims. We will feel pity about where you will spent eternity.
Re: A Christian's Perspective Of Contradictions In The Qur'an by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 14, 2012
LagosShia:

And please next time,[size=18pt]try to be more original and post what you have read or observed by yourself.dont copy/paste and expect others to refute your copy/paste work[/size].

Did LagosShia ACTUALLY post this?? shocked shocked Oh the horror! I will save this very post for your next thread where you will 99% likely be copy/pasting someone else's work and expecting us to refute it! grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Any Athiest In This House ? / Wife Of Pastor W.f.kumuyi In The Kingdom Of God - 1st Encounter (part 2) / Reality Check=> How Practical Are The Teachings Of Jesus The Christ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.